As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nostalgia toy thread - Nerf vs. Super Soakers

• Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Does anyone else remember the dart guns that were rifles, but had a revolver like chamber and you had to pump them up. I think they were made by supersoaker but they didnt have anything to do with water. I just remember they shot really far and were awsome.

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pooch Patrol.

Ruff ruff ruff.

Really tough.

Tough tough tough.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    looks like the plural of asshole is Carnivores am I right fellas

(lol j/k)

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Red*PandaRed*Panda Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Does anyone remember X-men cards? When I was a kid I was hardcore for these things!

xmen921.jpg

Red*Panda on
    redpandasmall.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I used to have Bill and Ted trading cards, but I left them in the pocket of my jeans when I threw them in the washing machine.

When I realized what I had done it was too late. I cried a little.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    BedigumxBedigumx Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    saint2e wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned Construx yet?

FPT14766-MN6312-INSTRUC.JPG

I...I love you so much right now it hurts. I had a fuckton of those things and they were amazing

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bedigumx wrote: »

I...I love you so much right now it hurts. I had a fuckton of those things and they were amazing

Yeah, I still have a whole suitcase full of them. I never had any of the camo set, but I've got a ton of the blue/gray and the black/purple ones.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Those hologram-stomached action figures reminded me of when holograms were awesome and new... My family went to some mall that had this terrible HOLOGRAMS OH MY GOD store, where everything was holograms. Wall sized ones, stickers, rings, little spinny things that looked like a rotating 3D object that moved. It was crazy. It physically gave you a headache when you walked into the store.

Also, I can't find any pictures of this construction/destruction toy set, where you built up some condemmed building, and then hit it with a little orange lever, and it all fell down? Building blasters or something.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys I have a story.

Way back...I mean, way, WAY back, in like, 96 or some shit.

All I know is that it was during the two years of hell/awesome that was homeschooling.

Tycho introduced the greatest Radio Control Car ever. And when I say this, I mean, EVER. They will never top this amount of perfection.

The Tyco Rebound.

Greatest invention man ever made. It is litterally immortal. I know this, because I have attepmted to kill mine.

NUMEROUS times.

For pretty much 5 years straight.

It survived Mud, rain, ice, snow, being stepped on, being completly sumbmerged, pets, CARS, falling people falling pets, cracks, being taken apart and re-assembled, doors, 2 story drops, vicious sister maimings, stabbings.

And that's just in the first MONTH.

11 Years later, I can take this puppy out and give it a spin.

Muthafuckin UNDYING.

Transporter on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i kinda want that RC car they advertise on nickelodeon now

the one that can drive over anything and fly

the commercial shows the car going from grass to water to air in like 4 seconds

tugga on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was all about the NERF Bow n' Arrow and the SuperSoaker 100.

Also LEGOS and RC cars.

And of course NES and Sega Genesis.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I ever won the lottery I'd buy a shit ton of supersoakers and water balloons then invite/fly all over SE out to some giant outside course. Everyone gets a hip bag slung over your shoulder that holds like 10 water balloons.

You can have 1 large soaker and a small handgun, or two medium soakers. Then have like obstacles to hide behind and stashed water balloons throughout the 2 square mile course along with barrels full of water in strategic locations for refilling.

no one wins but everyone gets fucking drenched and cold as hell by the time it's all over with. Then we go eat some pizza and throw back some beers at the start point.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    God I miss my Legos. I didn't have the regular ones though; alls I ever got was Technic.

All building suspensions and complex steering mechanisms and things that, uh, did stuff. Fucking loved it.

I had one of these super soakers growing up.
    ss60_1.jpg

I'd go up against my cousin, who had dual Uzis. They were pretty cool. They were battery operated and he had a ton of clips that he'd keep filled for those long battles. But their tiny streams were no match for my SS60.

edit: no nevermind it wasn't a 60. It was the older one; SS 100 or whatever. Can't find a pic though.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SS 50s were like standard issue in my neighborhood. Everyone had one.

We had to write our names on them with sharpie to tell them apart.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I did mine up with silver spray paint and electrical tape. Gotta love the first gens.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    While I like the new designs Nerf has come up with for the N-Strike series, the new Super Soaker lines are all too curvy/organic.

Ah, found the one I had... XP 70 apparently.
    kifmboysplaysetssupersoul5.jpg

GSM on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    vision02.jpg

What the FUCK is Gordon Freeman doing there?

Also:

800px-ccommandos.png

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So growing up in Mexico, there was one toy line that everyone, including myself wanted. They were the Saint Seiya toys. Back then, the Saint Seiya anime was humongous, like Pokemon level in popularity, and the only thing that might have been more popular were the toys.

Even now I stare at ebay and try to reason myself spending fifty dollars. Anyone else remember this ones?

saint-seiya-bandai-4.jpg

They recently came out with new ones, that blow the old ones away

ph_sss11_1.jpg

noir_blood on
  • Options
    NofrikinfuNNofrikinfuN Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    kit.gif
    vest.gif

LAZER TAG!

NofrikinfuN on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Laser Tag never felt right, and paintball is owned by little kids with rich parents. Ive always wanted to do airsoft but my best position of sniper would need to powerful a gun to use, cause a little BB at 480FPS would enter people.

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    SupramanSupraman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    God I miss my Legos. I didn't have the regular ones though; alls I ever got was Technic.

All building suspensions and complex steering mechanisms and things that, uh, did stuff. Fucking loved it.

I had one of these super soakers growing up.
    ss60_1.jpg

I'd go up against my cousin, who had dual Uzis. They were pretty cool. They were battery operated and he had a ton of clips that he'd keep filled for those long battles. But their tiny streams were no match for my SS60.

edit: no nevermind it wasn't a 60. It was the older one; SS 100 or whatever. Can't find a pic though.
    Today 05:53 PM
    Nostalgia ++

that was my first SS too, then I got a blue one that had like three nozzles.

Triple Shot ? Something like that.

My sister had one that was like a shotgun, with two big barrels.

Supraman on
    Sellin my comics. PM for huge list and low low prices. this the is craaaaazy supraman suprasale. All TPBs. over 142 trades. Marvel DC Image.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Super-Soaker tried to make another line of guns at one point I think. Nerf-like guns. I had one that was really huge, pumped exactly like a soaker, but had 3 attachments for the nozzel.

Foam arrows
    Suction-cup darts
    Ball-zooka

The ball-zooka didn't work too well but it was great running around with a ton of those little discount foam darts, switching off to one of the 3 arrows for a long-distance shot.

Eventually the nozzel broke and didn't attach to anything. Anymore, which sucked.
    Then I found out I could pump water into the air chamber and it would spit a blast of compressed H20 out of the barrel. I used it like that for another two years before the chamber got a crack in it and I had to trash it.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    God

remember Lego Eggos

they were awesome

Why yes, I do remember last month.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Bedigumx wrote: »

Yeah, I still have a whole suitcase full of them. I never had any of the camo set, but I've got a ton of the blue/gray and the black/purple ones.

I have some too.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MertzyMertzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Can anyone identify this type of toy? It was one of my favorites as a kid. They came with interchangable weapons that could strap on their backs/hands, etc. There were different colored ones with different weapons like power rangers.

img0533tq1.jpg

Mertzy on
    THE END.
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    I just realized something.

The original construx came in the same color scheme as the last iteration of the forum here.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    0e561yy0.jpg

Best toys ever - thinking back, I had a shitload of turtles action figures along with a shitload of Heman Figures... good times.

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    God

remember Lego Eggos

they were awesome

Why yes, I do remember last month.

do you remember irony

or have you forgotten it in your ivory tower, surrounded by your perfectly preserved transformers bedsheets and ninja turtle Halloween masks and all your other precious pretty things

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mertzy wrote: »
    Can anyone identify this type of toy? It was one of my favorites as a kid. They came with interchangable weapons that could strap on their backs/hands, etc. There were different colored ones with different weapons like power rangers.

img0533tq1.jpg
    I had one of those. I think they were called VR Rangers. But I'm not completely sure. I think I had that exact same one. He was a great addition to my power rangers. Man I miss those toys.

EDIT: Nope, its not the VR Troopers. But I too had one of those sweet as toys.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mcc_title.jpg

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Micro Machines!

and the totally awesome playsets.

947d1io9.jpg

948f1zz3.jpg

94291bcb6.jpg

I had so many of these little damn things hooked together, that you could hardly maneuver in my room.

I loved driving my red convertible corvette with yellow interior from the suburbs, into the city to get some fucking Fish and Chips.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I had the VAN

the micro machines VAN

it became a playset for my Godzilla toys more than anything else

Skull Man on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    the micro machines NES game was pretty good, too

reminded me of RC Pro Am

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Man, those hotwheel cars that had springloaded switching metal damage sides?

Awesome.

GSM on
  • Options
    SoulburnerSoulburner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    rocklordsgranite1anw4.jpg

rocklordsnuggit1asr6.jpg

Rocklords. I used to love these things.

I think I still have a GoBots VHS around here somewhere.

Soulburner on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Supersoakers and nerrf guns are cool and fun.

But I wanna try airsoft for reals

It looks like it'd be really fun.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    nerf.jpg
    Gentleman... this is how we kill Superman.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    how is it even held by a child

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Like this.
    inside-rambo.jpg
    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Soulburner wrote: »
    rocklordsgranite1anw4.jpg

rocklordsnuggit1asr6.jpg

Rocklords. I used to love these things.

I think I still have a GoBots VHS around here somewhere.

I had these, haha.

Pretty much just transformer ripoffs.

I mean...they transformed into freaking ROCKS!

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan