Options

Street Fighter: Go to tournaments. They are fun.

• Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hobbes wrote: »
    I have decided that losing 4/5 matches with Dan is worth pissing off the one guy you beat. I beat a Gouken user the other night and he raged HARD.

when I did Dan for C to shining C, I got a huge amount of love(?) mail. My favorite was a guy who sent "I concede your complete awesomeness".

aBlank on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ...Alright, I'll get in on the WWB.

[strike]How do you check what bracket your in for Wanfest btw?[/strike]

Hmm found it, but I don't see any big names in it. Woo!

So why are we getting big names in this thing anyways? Isn't this just a bit like slumming it for Daigo?

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    man i wish i had entered this thing

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, this is a global tournament? Now I'm interested.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have decided that losing 4/5 matches with Dan is worth pissing off the one guy you beat. I beat a Gouken user the other night and he raged HARD.

I played a Dan with 2500 bp last week. He didn't taunt once. I was very disappointed.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    I didn't know about this until sign-ups were already done with.

Same here.

And as far as why would Daigo and other big guys enter, it's free and there are cash prizes. Why not?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Honda buttstomps, Honda buttstomps for everyone!

farnsworth.jpg

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I played a Dan with 2500 bp last week. He didn't taunt once. I was very disappointed.

I start the fight against Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Gouken by standing back and letting the hadokens hit me (blocking of course), and will throw taunts in the middle. It's fun. :D

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You need to Kara taunt with Dan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3LYluhaqE0

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My taunt is usually the butt spanking. I haven't perfected focus attacks yet though. I can do them, but I've seen people do them really fast and get like, a M punch hadoken and then a H punch hadoken right after, and I cannot do that.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well. I lost. To be fair I never competed. Worked tonight, couldn't contact my opponent to reschedule, even if I could have, there was nobody in the support channel, and I couldn't open up a support ticket (required to reschedule) so my first opponent cruised to victory. Good for him.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sucks to hear that, too bad I expected that this thing was gonna be a logistical nightmare.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DSC02582.jpg

Jesus christ it's bigger than I expected.

<3 it.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    DSC02582.jpg

Jesus christ it's bigger than I expected.

<3 it.

That's what she said.
    Sorry. :P

Enjoy your new stick.
    She also said that.
    Sorry again.

Edit: Just wondering something. During May 2007-May 2008, there was a thread for fighting games in general that I made called "So, you know, fighting games..... ", and the thread did its job.

But now with the revival of the fighting game genre, we now have our own threads for Super Street Fighter IV, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, BlazBlue, King of Fighters XIII, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, etc., it doesn't seem like there is a need for a general fighting game thread like the one linked above.

However, what if it were turned into a thread for the older but still kick-ass fighting games? As an example, I don't see a thread solely about Killer Instinct lasting for too long (unless a new one gets announced :winky: ) beyond us posting our memories of it. But if that was done in a thread that would invite discussion of other fighting games in addition to Killer Instinct.....especially if perhaps you know you still have a local scene for a certain game....or just want some general advice for an old fighting game that you recently bought and is therefore "new" to you....

Would it be worth it to make such a thread, or would it be better to just make a thread about a specific game?

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No no.

That was pretty called for. :P

Antihippy on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Well. I lost. To be fair I never competed. Worked tonight, couldn't contact my opponent to reschedule, even if I could have, there was nobody in the support channel, and I couldn't open up a support ticket (required to reschedule) so my first opponent cruised to victory. Good for him.

Thats fuckin lame. To be expected first round when theres 200 matches scheduled tho.

edit: We should have a Gods Garden first to 20 style tourney. That shit is awesome.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's just dumb. Why not say "you must complete matches within 23 hours of scheduled time, you need to coordinate with your opponent for that time. If you cannot reschedule by the 24th hour, it will be a forfeiture for absent parties" and make sure people had to check e-mails and shit for scheduling reasons, AND have a support framework with a) admins in the channel that is literally called "newegg.support" or b) have a working ticket submission program.

I understand the loss, I hate the way it was done. I won't bother with newegg shit in the future. On the plus side, this has made me determined that the RanBat Finals Tournament will be off the hook.

Edit: I think you mean first to 10, or best of 19.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's just dumb. Why not say "you must complete matches within 23 hours of scheduled time, you need to coordinate with your opponent for that time. If you cannot reschedule by the 24th hour, it will be a forfeiture for absent parties" and make sure people had to check e-mails and shit for scheduling reasons, AND have a support framework with a) admins in the channel that is literally called "newegg.support" or b) have a working ticket submission program.

I understand the loss, I hate the way it was done. I won't bother with newegg shit in the future. On the plus side, this has made me determined that the RanBat Finals Tournament will be off the hook.

Edit: I think you mean first to 10, or best of 19.

That is precisely what I meant.

Oh and I found a Dudley unblockable setup using his rose. Must... Learn... This.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elaborate on this, please.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I present, the winner's bracket setup and seeding for the RanBat Finals Tournament! It was made by me in ms paint while I tried to figure out how to set it up!
    2hyf5ol.jpg
    Now I just need to figure out the loser's bracket.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Save yourself a huge headache and use this:
    http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also note, I am accepting cheap ideas for winner's prizes. Remember, the top 3 players win prizes of value of 5, 3 and 1 dollars, so it should cost that amount.

The TIO program doesn't seem to be able to implement byes, which is the whole reason I am bothering with manually making the bracket. You have wasted bandwidth, some hard drive space, and most importantly, MINUTES of my life I will never retrieve.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elaborate on this, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jKW3ad-ZQ

first one.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Don't most/all of those no longer work since the patch on June 15th?

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    that bracket made me laugh harder than it should have

Ranced on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Reposting this from the last page. Need more sign-ups!

MNC Dover proudly presents:

The World Warrior Brawl

Everything you need to know found below:
    Q: What is it?
    A: The WWB is a one day mini tournament that will support 12 players having to use all 36 characters on the roster. Each player will get 3 characters each in order to make sure that every character is used.

Q: 36 characters? There are only 35 on the roster. LOL Noob!
    A: The 36th character is the random select square. Treat it as a permanently shape changed Twelve from 3rd Strike. :)

Q: OK. So how does it work?
    A: 12 players will each be given a draft number. The draft will then snake backwards from start to finish. Therefore the last player to draft in the first round will draft first in the second round. Once each player has 2 character choices, the final 12 characters unpicked will be assigned a random number by a neutral third party (N3P). Each player chooses a number (starting with the first player that got to draft) and finds out who his final character is.

Q: That sounds confusing. Can you explain it better?
    A: Sure. 12 players sign up. Each player is randomly assigned a draft spot via the N3P. Once the draft order is finalized, player A chooses his first character from the pool of 36. Player A chooses Ryu. No one else may now select Ryu for the rest of the tournament. This continues until the last player in the draft selects. This ends the first round draft and starts the second round. The order of choosing is reversed starting with the last player. After the second round is done, the remaining 12 characters are each secretly assigned a number by the N3P. Then the first player in the draft selects a number and is assigned that character.

Q: How do we handle the draft?
    A: All 12 players and the N3P will get on IRC for draft day.

Q: Alright, I think I get that. Then what happens?
    A: The N3P takes the 12 players and breaks them into 3 groups of 4 players each. Each player plays against every other player in his group in a single 2/3 round game.

Q: OK, but why have 3 char...
    A: AH HA! For each of your 3 group matches, you can only use each of your characters once! For example, Player A has Ryu, Dhalsim, and Rose. His first match is against Player B. He uses Ryu and wins. He now has to play against Player C in his group but cannot use Ryu. He chooses Rose and wins. Now he must use Dhalsim in his final match against Player D.

Q: How do I know if my opponent isn't cheating?
    A: We will be using an honor system. Just remember which character(s) you used and everything should be good.

Q: Alright, so then what?
    A: The top 8 players (based on record) will form a bracket of 8 which is once again formed by the N3P or based on ranking. With an 8 man set-up, that means the winning player will have to play 3 total matches. See what's about to happen? That's right, each character can only be used once in the final tournament. Therefore, if Player A uses Ryu in the first round, he can't use him again. His second round match must be played with either Dhalsim or Rose.

Q: One game and I'm out?!
    A: Not quite. Rounds 1 and 2 of the playoffs will be 2/3 games with Round 3 will being 3/5 games. But yes, if you lose in any round you are out. Better balance those character selections wisely.

Q: What system are we playing on?
    A: Xbox 360 to start. If 12 PS3 people want to sign up, we can do one for that system as well.

Q: I want to watch but can't play. What can I do?
    A: If possible, the N3P could record all of the matches in the tournament. This would increase the total game time, so maybe just the finals could be recorded. If multiple people help out, then all the games could be recorded and distributed to the N3P for recording, etc.

Q: How do I sign up?
    A: Just post in the form saying "I want in the WWB!". First come, first served.

Q: OK, I'm in! When do we play?
    A: I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon (~4pm eastern) or a Monday evening (~8pm eastern). This is flexible.

Q: This all sounds gay.
    A: Don't sign up then.

That should just about wrap it up. Feel free to ask any questions you can think of, just make sure to read everything above first. I'm taking entries for the 12 players and the N3P. The N3P will need to be able to create a google spreadsheet for tracking purposes and handle the IRC stuff. The whole event shouldn't last more than an hour or two. I'll edit this post to reflect who is in.

Thanks!

Entrants:

1. MNC Dover
    2. Fig-D
    3. Sivraj
    4. Masune
    5. StokedUp
    6. e2db
    Alternate 1.
    Alternate 2.
    Alternate 3.
    Alternate 4.

sincommish.jpg

The NP3 is our good friend Chamberlain, but you can also call him The Commish.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also note, I am accepting cheap ideas for winner's prizes. Remember, the top 3 players win prizes of value of 5, 3 and 1 dollars, so it should cost that amount.

The TIO program doesn't seem to be able to implement byes, which is the whole reason I am bothering with manually making the bracket. You have wasted bandwidth, some hard drive space, and most importantly, MINUTES of my life I will never retrieve.

You can add Bye's all you want just make a bigger bracket or put players in a spot where they don't have an opponent. It's really a pretty awesome program.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Quit crushing my dreams Jodo...

And

I want in World Warrior Brawl.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Need more sign-ups!
    <3

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    StokedUp wrote: »

Quit crushing my dreams Jodo...

And

I want in World Warrior Brawl.

Consider yourself added.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Need more sign-ups!
    <3

<3 indeed. You want in?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not really, out of sheer laziness and the fact that sunday is probably not going to work for me.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    would this new video uploaded on PS3 allow us to upload street fights?

that would be SO COOL

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Video editor, not uploader.

So nope

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it says itll let you save videos, but i highly doubt its talking about in game videos for any game. that probably would have been a highly touted feature, if that was the case. that would be so money though.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Sp00kySp00ky Registered User new member
    edited June 2010
    Shoutouts to all the stream monsters, thanks for watching.

Sp00ky on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    that would be the most money

otherwise what the hell is the point of it?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Bragging to random tards online, and watching your fights to learn from them... Basically.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Oh wait.

You do get to upload stuff to places like facebook and youtube,

But it doesn't say anything about recording.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Street Fighter DLC
    Street Fighter iPhone game (if the have an iphone)
    XBOX Live Indie Game (Breath of Death VII is 80 points)
    Anyone have Street Fighter comics they want to donate?

solsovly on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere that lists the differences between the boss versions of Seth, Akuma, and Gouken versus their regular versions?

I know Final Seth has a hell of a lot more health than his playable counterpart, but no idea how much (I assume Shin Akuma and Shin Gouken also have increased health). I also know Shin Akuma can throw two air fireballs without consuming EX gauge, but aside from that I don't know what other differences they may have.

Lars on