As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 5th Annual Cross-Country Supertrip! Shirts have arrived!

• Options
    RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hey Moe, Jonny asked me to have you update the op for Team Reloc. We got a full boat at this time and I will be his co-driver.

Leader: JonnyNero
    Car: 2006 Toyota Matrix (standard transmission)
    Maximum Occupancy: 2
    Starting waypoit: Houston (Austin)
    Phone number: on file
    Email: onfile
    Riders:
    JonnyNero
    RCars2
    Special Stipulations: this car will be used to move from Houston to Seattle. There will be no return trip and very little space for other bags. I am trying to find a car to team up with as a chase car who can house extra drivers/bags/place to sleep. All gas will be paid for by me since I was planning on that amount for moving expenses anyway, so you'll trip will be free minus any sustenance you may require. If a second car would be willing to team up with me, please let me know. I can get as far as Kansas on my own, so I can pick up anyone on that route between Houston and the first waypoint in Kansas.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My own update since I can't seem to get to sleep. I actually found room in my car for a third, and that one is filled as well. I'll be contact Moe in the future with that info. She's is not active on the forums, so we'll just call her Mrs. X

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cool beans, a third person makes life much easier on long trips.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Moe! And everyone else...updates to my car:

Vehicle Name: CarGo
    Group Leader(s): ImtheOHGODBEES
    Vehicle: '05 Prius, automatic
    Max Number of People: 4 (luggage rack thingy on top)
    Starting Location: Boston, MA
    First Waypoint: Boston, MA
    Riders:
    Name: ImthebOHGODBEES
    Driving?: Yes
    E-mail: grotholson at gmail
    Name: RDubb
    E-mail: unknown

Unconfirmed Riders: 1
    Space Available: 1 (+1 if unconfirmed backs out)

I'm willing to make special arrangements to meet people in the Chicago area if there's 1 person there who needs a ride. (Hopefuly) that's where my uncomfirmed will be coming from.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    Stopping in Chicago is problematic. I know we have one other Chicago guy who's meeting up, but I forget how. I'll try and get ahold of Rius and ask him what he's doing. I know that a bus ticket from Chicago to South Bend, IN is only about $20 and a couple of hours, so that's an option.

I really don't like splitting the group up, so I'd like to help you find an alternative to doing that, if possible.

Awesome that your car is coming along though. I strongly recommend making your cutoff for 3 people though, but other people have done a Prius with 4, so if you're determined, so be it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I haven't solidified my plans for meeting up with Team Lazarus yet, but it will probably involve heading up to Wisconsin with my girlfriend on Tuesday afternoon. She'll drive me to the waypoint and then spend the night at her family's house to avoid having to drive back to Chicago at 11pm.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Stopping in Chicago is problematic. I know we have one other Chicago guy who's meeting up, but I forget how. I'll try and get ahold of Rius and ask him what he's doing. I know that a bus ticket from Chicago to South Bend, IN is only about $20 and a couple of hours, so that's an option.

I really don't like splitting the group up, so I'd like to help you find an alternative to doing that, if possible.

Awesome that your car is coming along though. I strongly recommend making your cutoff for 3 people though, but other people have done a Prius with 4, so if you're determined, so be it.

Four is great because you are less tired at the end of the trip, but you are more cramped. Three is great because you have a nice back seat to laydown and sleep, but have to drive more. It's kind of pick your poison.

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    AlanielAlaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok, tentative interest from San Antonio, TX. I'd ask to go with Team Reloc, but it appears to already be full and I can't drive a stick anyway. :)

So I guess I'm wondering if there's anyone else coming out of Texas that I can go with.

I am:
    • A Guy (Age 22)
    • Willing to drive/bring snacks
    • Friendly and easy to get along with
    • A night person, I'd enjoy driving the graveyard shift
    This will be my first PAX and subsequently my first CCST. I'll probably be going to PAX even if I can't find a ride, but flying there just seems so boring. Hope to hear from someone!

Alaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alaniel wrote: »
    Ok, tentative interest from San Antonio, TX. I'd ask to go with Team Reloc, but it appears to already be full and I can't drive a stick anyway. :)

So I guess I'm wondering if there's anyone else coming out of Texas that I can go with.

I am:
    • A Guy (Age 22)
    • Willing to drive/bring snacks
    • Friendly and easy to get along with
    • A night person, I'd enjoy driving the graveyard shift
    This will be my first PAX and subsequently my first CCST. I'll probably be going to PAX even if I can't find a ride, but flying there just seems so boring. Hope to hear from someone!

Hey there!

Just a note, where as we are the second largest state and have one of the largest contingencies going to PAX outside of Washington, my experience tells me that most of them are lazy wusses and would rather take a steel bird then experience the awesome of the trip.

In other words, start talking to your friends and see if you can convince them to come as well. You will increase your chances of getting people to CCST with.

Good luck! And hopefully we'll be seeing you in Dallas, and finally have some people to chat with on the radios as we're driving through south dakota in the middle of the night

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've got one more friend I'm going to talk to, but all the others I've asked either can't go or aren't really gaming people. My car is a kinda old mustang with no A/C (Yes, this summer has been a bitch), so it would have to be his car/someone else's car if he can't go either. Anyway, hopefully the last guy will be into it and we can start our own team.

Alaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've got one more friend I'm going to talk to, but all the others I've asked either can't go or aren't really gaming people. My car is a kinda old mustang with no A/C (Yes, this summer has been a bitch), so it would have to be his car/someone else's car if he can't go either. Anyway, hopefully the last guy will be into it and we can start our own team.

Ouch I been there, got a blazer with no A/C that used to be my daily driver.......there is a reason it USED TO be my daily driver (now its an off-road rock crawler project and i bought a silverado as my DD, but i digress)

Good luck getting the last guy to join up with ya. Having another car to join us on the journey out of Texas would be awesome.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well shoot, talked with him and he's a no-go. :?

So unless I can find someone else heading outta Texas, I guess I'm leaving on a jet plane.

Alaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I guess I'm leaving on a jet plane.

But would you know when you'd be back again?

I couldn't pass that up, sorry :winky:

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey look, CCST button design! I'm not sure if I should put the year on them or not though.
    aem9s7.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I vote yes on the year addition.

Awesome button design btw.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I also vote yes on the year addition - the WCST '06 decal is still in the corner of my windshield, nearly unreadable after years in the sun. Maybe you could just make it a 4-spoke wheel with an "X" for '10? Though that may be a little too X-Men... Either way, looks good!

Also, much as I would like to split driving with someone, I've got to make this drive either way. If nothing else y'all can keep me awake on the radio :whistle:

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    1ddqd wrote: »
    Tentative interest from Dallas - can drive stick, requires few bathroom breaks, likes (or dislikes!) talking, given company. Not sure about bringing my car (stick, 2010 Mazda3) yet, will update closer to event.
    Valashar wrote: »
    I'm an almost-maybe-might-have-a-car for this year's CCST, but I still need to coordinate with the van's owner later today as to how they want to do the thing. Will post once all official like once we're certain.

Moe have we heard anything more from these guys? As in any update as to if they are going or not.

Also, Alaniel, you might want to see if you can hook up with the Dallas potential...you might get lucky and can get up there

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have no recent updates from either of those people. I assumed, by now, that they're probably not joining us. I could be wrong, but only time will tell.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Good news for us, gas is expected to stay below $3/gal this summer.
    http://www.latimes.com/sns-ap-oil-prices,0,2372690.story

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    1ddqd wrote: »
    Tentative interest from Dallas - can drive stick, requires few bathroom breaks, likes (or dislikes!) talking, given company. Not sure about bringing my car (stick, 2010 Mazda3) yet, will update closer to event.
    Valashar wrote: »
    I'm an almost-maybe-might-have-a-car for this year's CCST, but I still need to coordinate with the van's owner later today as to how they want to do the thing. Will post once all official like once we're certain.

Moe have we heard anything more from these guys? As in any update as to if they are going or not.

Also, Alaniel, you might want to see if you can hook up with the Dallas potential...you might get lucky and can get up there

Getting to Dallas wouldn't be a problem, I just can't drive a stick. I'd certainly be willing to learn, but where does one go to do such a thing?

Alaniel on
  • Options
    mahhkkmahhkk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Getting to Dallas wouldn't be a problem, I just can't drive a stick. I'd certainly be willing to learn, but where does one go to do such a thing?

A friend! That's how I learned. Or you could rent a stick with a friend that can drive one (so s/he can get it out of the lot, at least), and then play around with it for a few hours.

mahhkk on
    Mark Nolan
    Editor, GameKiq.com

XBLA: shattered aura
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Additionally most private driving schools will teach you for a nominal fee.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hey everybody, I'm looking to have shirts made.
    33411z6.jpg

How many in your group would want one and what sizes? This isn't an official count, but I'm just trying to get an idea of interest. From what I can find, it looks like they would run about $10ish each if I do a bulk run (the more we do the cheaper they get). I'll have a more solid figure when I know how many need to get made.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I may be interested...I'd have to talk with the rest of the crew though

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd certainly want one.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll get a google form up soon to get names and sizes and all that. I can get sizes as large as 3XL and small as Youth XS.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Might I suggest an alternative design?

The logo looks great but the style seems a little over-the-top. What about moving the logo to the left breast and passing around a few silver Sharpies when all the teams converge? This way, people can write their team names on the right breast. Maybe it's just me, but I find a more subtle design to be cooler looking.

Either way, good on for making shirts.

RDubb on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll be counted in for one when the form goes up.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was aiming for something that is visible in a crowd, so people wearing them can spot each other at PAX. Also, the costs are the same regardless of the size of the design, so might as well get the most bang for the buck.

Besides, we'll have buttons too, for a more subtle display of the logo.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Okay, the form is ready to go. If you want a shirt, just fill it out with the required information and I'll make it happen.

I'll also be adding this info to the OP

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, on the note of logos and shirts and all, I've finalized the button design and will be ordering them soon
    2elcnzd.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I do not like them, Sam I am.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not doing CCST, but I thought I'd refer you to Jakprints.com

They've done some pretty good apparel printing for me in the past, and if you are only doing that logo in that one spot, and it is printed in white, then you could probably get the shirts for like 6 bucks each if order 25. Also, search around the net for coupons, I can't remember, but I think I found like a 15% off when I ordered mine.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the tip, LT. That place is also local to me, so I can save on shipping costs by picking up the shirts at their location downtown.

edit: Do you know what their turnaround is like? I need to know the last possible moment I can order shirts, in order to give everybody adequate time to fill out the sizing form.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't recall exactly, but it was pretty quick. Like a 2-3 with shipping. They are actually very nice people, and like purebuttons, its all done by people so they'll actually email you right away if theres any problems.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm from the Scranton Pa area.I'm looking to join up or add a car.I got a 2009 honda civic hybrid that gets really good gas mileage :)

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So, I'm on a pretty tight budget this year, and I've been wanting to do the CCST anyway (extended roadtrips are in my blood), so it seems like this might finally be the trip.

Not sure yet if I'll be driving myself, though. I don't think any of my typical cronies are going to go this year (instead holding out for Boston next year), so it might be just myself... and from the looks of the thread, it doesn't look like there are going to be a ton of people I could arrange to pick up or meet with.

So I'll get in touch with ImtheOHGODBEES - but so far there's only one team running the Boston route, right? Any interest from anybody in the Western NY area?

I'll also be looking for roommates too (it looks like the Green Tortoise is out of the cheaper beds), if anybody has space open.

rufo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If w00dm4n who posted above you is willing to drive up to Rochester from Scranton to pick you up, you guys would only need one other person.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    w00dm4nw00dm4n Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can do that.
    I don't have a room as of right now,I've been posting in the hotel sharing thread.

w00dm4n on
  • Options
    KTShyGuyKTShyGuy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We're probably in! Only potential problem is we might not be able to leave until Friday, in which case we'll be driving alone. Depends on a lot of things that are yet to be decided.

Group Name: Short 'n' Sweet
    Group Leader(s): ShyGuy
    Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang, 25 MPH highway, standard
    Max. Desired People: 3 (unfortunately with the baby seat in the back, there's really only enough space for us)
    Starting Location: Elk, WA
    First Waypoint: Post Falls, ID
    Riders
    Name: ShyGuy
    Name: j0z1e
    Name: turn1p
    Driving?: lol no.
    E-Mail: j0z1edoll at gmail SPAMSUCKS dot com

Unconfirmed Riders: 0
    Space Available: 0