As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e]The Massacre at Ft. Dolor[game thread] Teleport-induced vomit!

1111213141517»

• Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Farangu
    Gems on the stalagminte? is it something everyone can see?

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Teach:
    There are no gems on the stalagmite, I was talking about all the coins on top of the stalagmite.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Farangu wrote: »
    Teach:
    There are no gems on the stalagmite, I was talking about all the coins on top of the stalagmite.

haha wow how did i miss that?!

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh shit, I just realized I didn't tell you guys about this.

Im goin out of town for a wedding this weekend, so Ill be without internet access from tonight till sometime Sunday. Sorry about that, feel free to make any moves for me, wont hurt my feelings.

Really sorry to kinda drop this on ya, I totally forgot to tell you.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok, moving on.

Taking a short pause to rest after vanquishing the last of the demons, you continue on through the tunnel network. It winds ever upward, and after a half hour of travel you guess you have ascended nearly halfway up the peak. The air, as if confirming your suspicions, starts to get a little chillier.

As you round a corner, you freeze. The faint noise of voices moaning and crying out echoes up from ahead of you.

Farangu on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "Hold up a moment, fellows. Maybe we should send the sneaky one amongst us ahead to investigate the source of these sounds. The more information we can glean before what I can only assume is another battle the better."

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    Jack HobbesJack Hobbes Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm assuming we took a short rest, right?

Zurin slaps Teach on the back. "Ya heard the dragon", he adds, "Get to it".

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yea, I'm just assuming you take one after every fight because it'd be rather silly of you not to.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Teach, make a stealth roll

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    " Alrigh" then! A sneaks job i' tis!" Teach only half whispers as he begins his way down the corridor with his blade drawn.

Srry bout the delay Gf's bday yesterday and took an impromptu beach trip. Also, Im pretty sure I could barely be rolling worse on these skill challenges. Spending a healing surge before sneaking off.

Stealth for sneaking, 19

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Teach:
    As you creep forward, you come across a chamber. Ducking behind cover, you notice that there are several robed figures milling about the area. About 10 feet beyond them, you notice a few more devils similar to the spined ones you fought against back at the herbalist's house. Against the back wall, you can tell that the area continues past a wall extending from the right that blocks your vision, but up against the opposite wall you think you can see what looks like a pit. It almost seems that the moaning you've heard is coming from this pit.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Slowly backing down the hallway back to the rest of the party Teach in a whisper relays the information he had just witnessed. " Bunch'o robed lads down ere' somea' o's spiny devil creeps too. O an a pit I thinks got someone or somethin' in it, hard to tell with all the moanin."

stealth 21just incase I needed it for the sneak back.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "How many are there? Im not exactly a shadow in the night so I dont know how well I could sneak past them. I get the feeling we'll have to fight our way through."

So I get back on Sunday and find a voicemail saying that I have to come in Monday morning and work a double when I was only scheduled for the night shift. What fun after a 6 hr drive home.

Anyway, Im back now so lets get this party movin.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but Arumat will spend a healing surge and go to 54/58.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Farangu how many are there?

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Teach you saw 8 figures in robes and two or three spined devils, although you could not see the entirety of the chamber.

Farangu on
  • Options
    Jack HobbesJack Hobbes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zurin scratches his beard and lets out a quiet (though still audible) burp. "Hrm. I ain't no scholar or nothin', but that sounds to me like either a summonin' or a sacrifice."

He looks at Samael. "You're pretty good with the arcane whoozits, deva. What say you?"

Aid another Arcana check for Samael: 18. More than enough. Samael gains a +2 to his next Arcana check.

Jack Hobbes on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to know what I learn on my roll before I RP it, but it's going to involve jumping in before Samael can say anything (my guy knows arcana too, you silly goose!).

Arcana check =31 because I can only roll 20s on skill checks.

Also interested in what a History roll of 16 tells me of the significance of 8, in tandem with what I know of Arcana.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arumat:
    It's tough going off of second-hand evidence, but Teach said he didn't hear anything that you could construe as arcane in nature. They just sounded like men who were trapped somewhere, and not happy about it.

Come to think of it, though, you remember all the stories from town about how patrols went out and never came back...

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I don't think there's anything of an arcane nature, here. It actually sounds like these poor fellows may be the men sent out on patrol. The fact that the devils you mention are not attacking them suggests one of two things: either they are being held prisoner as slaves, or they are being controlled in some way by a being of some not insignificant power. I would like to get closer so as to possibly scry the area, personally, to see if I could detect the source of this potential controller.

Any objections or changes you'd like to make, Samael? Jordan?" Arumat glances from Samael to Jordan expectantly.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "I have knowledge of the magicks of the natural world. The flows of mana that already exist. Manipulating them past that is beyond me. I have no fear of bowing down to those more knowledgeable than me." Jordan looks around at the party, "I mean that I dont know about all this manipulating the natural order and such, what do you guys suggest?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys, due to some personal issues I'm going to be away for at least a couple days. Feel free to make my moves for me or whatever you need to do until then. Sorry about this.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If there's no objections, I'll move the story forward. Does anyone want to roll for Samael, or should I?

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Im good with movin forward, but my posting will be spotty till tuesday cause Im out of town. But I should be able to check at least once a day. Also I have no problem with you rolling for Samael.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ok then. Sorry bout the delay, had a rough week.

Your group decides to advance towards Teach's scouting position. You all manage to approach with a degree of stealth and silence, with the moaning from the chamber covering any stumbles you might make.

This is what you can see of the chamber from your vantage point(F20):
    2ndcave.png

The darkened section of the floor is the pit.

It seems the the humans in front of you don't have their attentions focused on the passageway you're in.

At this point, if you decide to charge forward, you'd have a surprise round.

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    "Well.. Im not sure I exactly want to just dash in there fingers blazing. That hasnt worked the best for me in the past. However if one of you feels like rushing out and drawing the fire.... that I could get behind. Just saying."

Basically I wanna get that surprise round, but Jordan isn't exactly hot on that idea, so yeah.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sooooo.... did this die? anyone wanna make a post? Should I just run in and whoop all their asses solo?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Teach is up for sneaking or darting in, a suprise round would be cool, but then again he isnt the most cautious.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited July 2010