Options

This [Chat] Thread Dedicated to Cokebotle and YamiNoSenshi

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also bullshit-

the goats milk people claiming it is easier for people with lactose intolerance

bull.
    shit

i tried that

it was unpleasant

Arch on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    winky how do I start a new character sheet? it's asking me to upload something but I don't have anything to upload

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Why am I somewhat unsurprised that it seems likely there never was any flaw in Toyotas, and instead the correct answer is "panicky idiots drive the accelerator into the firewall thinkings its the brakes".

Or more probably, 1 or 2 people do this, the media picks up on it, then anyone who crashes in a Toyota claims it accelerated out of control.

Well, there were flaws. The stuck gas pedal issue and the floormat issue were real.

Just people took those to extremes.

Oh of course. Just probably not nearly as widespread as it was made to look, because again, once the idea is out there the most immediate thing you do when you crash your car is simply claim it wouldn't stop.

I'm just interested because on Slashdot there's a story that the data loggers show the throttle is wide open, and the brakes are not being pressed. In both those cases, the data logger would show different information were those flaws the issue.

It's entirely possible Toyota just fixed a potential problem, rather then a real one.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it went against everything i knew about biochemistry and metabolism but I had hope

they were destroyed

Arch on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mmm, human milk.

Ow, static electricity sticking my hair to my door.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This has lead to me doing more research as I go. Some interesting stuff, but you guys are distracting me from proper homework. :P

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »

"I have no special skills or experience but think there must be people willing to pay me good money to do easy work that I find morally acceptable at home in the evenings".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was watching something about the dangers of drunk driving when compared to texting while driving

for the control group, they used two Asian ladies

and I could not help myself

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its human lactose which is different compared to bovine lactose. So you probably could still process human breast milk even if lactose intolerant.

Human lactose is β-D-galactopyranosyl-(1→4)-D-glucose and bovine lactose is also β-D-galactopyranosyl-(1→4)-D-glucose. They are precisely the same chemical. No difference. However, cow milk does have more lactose than human milk, if I recall correctly.

nope!

humans have more...9% versus...4%?

Interesting. But yeah, lactose is lactose. No difference.

Now, it should be noted that human hydrogen is different from bovine hydrogen, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    winky how do I start a new character sheet? it's asking me to upload something but I don't have anything to upload

You can't; use myth-weavers.com if you need to directly edit a sheet.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    IS there going to be a verizon iphone?

yes! later this year!

yessssss

Nooooooooo

I won't believe any Verizon iPhone rumors until one of the following things happens:

1) Verizon has GSM coverage in all the major metropolitan markets

2) Somebody has a hands-on working iPhone CDMA prototype

(1) probably won't happen for 3 years at best. (2) is pure comedy gold.

well

building a cdma radio is probably the easiest part of making an iphone

it's not like there's anything magical about GSM

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    This has lead to me doing more research as I go. Some interesting stuff, but you guys are distracting me from proper homework. :P

I know a decent amount about lactose, given that I can't digest it and that i have a degree in biology...

not a super lot, but I know a p. good amount

oh goddamit skippy look what you made me do

Arch on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why am I somewhat unsurprised that it seems likely there never was any flaw in Toyotas, and instead the correct answer is "panicky idiots drive the accelerator into the firewall thinkings its the brakes".

Or more probably, 1 or 2 people do this, the media picks up on it, then anyone who crashes in a Toyota claims it accelerated out of control.

Well, there were flaws. The stuck gas pedal issue and the floormat issue were real.

Just people took those to extremes.

Oh of course. Just probably not nearly as widespread as it was made to look, because again, once the idea is out there the most immediate thing you do when you crash your car is simply claim it wouldn't stop.

I'm just interested because on Slashdot there's a story that the data loggers show the throttle is wide open, and the brakes are not being pressed. In both those cases, the data logger would show different information were those flaws the issue.

It's entirely possible Toyota just fixed a potential problem, rather then a real one.

I strongly side on the idea of it being driver error, because drivers blaming their errors on a stuck pedal are a known phenomenon.

I posted that story earlier and I do believe it. I want to offer a little skepticism though. The study hasn't been publicly released yet; the press is citing "anonymous sources." The black boxes, as japan mentioned earlier, aren't intended to establish liability in the result of a crash. Without knowing anything about how the data is recorded, we can imagine a remote possibility of an accelerator failure that is not recorded properly by the black box.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So after tweeting with Old Spice Man, Alyssa Milano was sent flowers and a love note by him.

This is the best ad campaign ever.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man Singularity is so cool. It's constantly switching up things and giving you different shit to work with, not a single second has felt "aw no, not another one of those missions" at all. It's amazing <3

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Who was it that posted the story about the video camera not recording their brake lights not ever coming on, even when they blamed the "stuck accelerator"?

Arch on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    well

Sure. But if Apple were actually making a CDMA iPhone, I don't think they'd be able to keep that under wraps. Like, at all.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    @ kakos

wut

You don't know about the differences between human hydrogen and cow hydrogen. TOTALLY different atoms.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    haha i forgot about these great scenes in deathly hallows:
    various occasions where harry, ron, and hermione verbally smack around scrimegour

Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So after tweeting with Old Spice Man, Alyssa Milano was sent flowers and a love note by him.

I wonder how long they are gonna run it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Man Singularity is so cool. It's constantly switching up things and giving you different shit to work with, not a single second has felt "aw no, not another one of those missions" at all. It's amazing <3

honestly guys i find daxon's obsession with this game more annoying than arivia and mori
    <3

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @ kakos

wut

You don't know about the differences between human hydrogen and cow hydrogen. TOTALLY different atoms.

<3<3<3<3

Feral on

• Options
    edited July 2010

Totally. Singularity was awesome. And COMMUNISM WINS! I <3 Raven so much.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What's selfish about love? And why does it sicken you, ZombieMambo?

Well my love is just for you. <3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had to change something on the shirt front, so I went ahead and fiddled with the hand.
    w1NPm.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    is there a better song for mellowing out than Can I Kick It?

I don't think so.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

yes! later this year!

yessssss

Nooooooooo

I won't believe any Verizon iPhone rumors until one of the following things happens:

1) Verizon has GSM coverage in all the major metropolitan markets

2) Somebody has a hands-on working iPhone CDMA prototype

(1) probably won't happen for 3 years at best. (2) is pure comedy gold.

well

pretty sure the GSM hardware in the iPhone is pulling other duties as well, and considering just how dense the circuitry is on this thing, they would have to redesign the motherboard somewhat to swap one chip out for another one unless they custom-build their CDMA hardware to be exactly the same on the board, at which point they are investing a bit of money into a verizon-only device.

It just seems unlikely to me. When Verizon can take an iPhone on their network without Apple having to make something special on the hardware level just for them, we will see it happen, and more than likely not before.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I want to find out what happened after he proposed to a girl as a proxy for someone who tweeted him.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @ kakos

wut

stop that

that isn't true

unless cows produce tritium or something

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    What's selfish about love? And why does it sicken you, ZombieMambo?

Well my love is just for you. <3

yeah this kind of why

it's not a bad thing, it's just what it is

my love for certain people is very selfish

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    also bullshit-

the goats milk people claiming it is easier for people with lactose intolerance

bull.
    shit

i tried that

it was unpleasant

i wonder what percentage of people who believe that they have lactose intolerance actually have significant lactose intolerance?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I want to find out what happened after he proposed to a girl as a proxy for someone who tweeted him.

I remember the guy tweeting back that she said yes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

yes! later this year!

yessssss

the song remains the same. I would love to see other US carriers get the iPhone, but since Verizon's network of choice is not compatible with the networks the rest of the world chooses to use, apple would have to open up other factories just for a verizon phone, Verizon has a bunch of competitive devices in the iPhone space right now AND runs massive "iCan't do this" ads ribbing the iPhone... it just doesn't make sense.

If you want an iPhone in America, you are stuck with AT&T until 4G is more widespread, I think.

From Apple's point of view, why would they possibly want to ditch AT&T?

1) Apple has all of the power in that relationship. When their contract is up if they went with a new exclusive with AT&T they could name their terms and make them downright absurd. Solid gold dump trucks full of cash money driven to Steve Jobs house by supermodels who are also scientists.

2) Even with all the complaints about AT&T, they sell the damn things faster than they can make them.

3) AT&T is great for Apple's PR. There is some severe mental disfunction among iPhone users where anything that goes wrong with reception, connection speed, reliability etc... automaticially gets blamed on AT&T not on Apple.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    arivia stop being selfish, share some of that love with me you jerk

Organichu on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

honestly guys i find daxon's obsession with this game more annoying than arivia and mori
    <3

they're both pretty constant

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    apparently i missed a joke about the bovine hydrogen

or something?

hm oh well back to looking at mouse skulls

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I read the guy's wikipedia page. He sounds like a pretty okay guy.

I guess he named his daughter after some character out of the Batman comic book.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're taking so much offense to

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

I like you 'chu, but you can't have that

you can totes be on the awesome list, but the love list starts and stops with one name: Moriarty.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.