Options

This [Chat] Thread Dedicated to Cokebotle and YamiNoSenshi

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So after tweeting with Old Spice Man, Alyssa Milano was sent flowers and a love note by him.

This is the best ad campaign ever.

I read the guy's wikipedia page. He sounds like a pretty okay guy.

I guess he named his daughter after some character out of the Batman comic book.

and have you seen his name? that guy's a muslim if I ever saw one.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I look like I have special needs in some of the pictures from converge

jeebus

Tav on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Had to change something on the shirt front, so I went ahead and fiddled with the hand.
    w1NPm.jpg

Much better now.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Man Singularity is so cool. It's constantly switching up things and giving you different shit to work with, not a single second has felt "aw no, not another one of those missions" at all. It's amazing <3

honestly guys i find daxon's obsession with this game more annoying than arivia and mori
    <3

they're both pretty constant

Maybe I'm hinting this game should be played more. I mean, this game would have gone COMPLETELY under my radar if not for chat. It's just so brilliant.

Daxon on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Had to change something on the shirt front, so I went ahead and fiddled with the hand.
    w1NPm.jpg

Much better now.

yeah seriously

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    well

building a cdma radio is probably the easiest part of making an iphone

it's not like there's anything magical about GSM

Sure. But if Apple were actually making a CDMA iPhone, I don't think they'd be able to keep that under wraps. Like, at all.

given the constant rumormill that apple is producing a CDMA phone, it would probably be teh boy who cried wolf at this point.

i don't really know that they are, but it's not like producing a CDMA model would require extreme engineering chops or a long development cycle or undermine their brand or anything. Even also-rans like the palm pre have a cdma model.

It's all about the terms they're getting from AT&T

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    arivia stop being selfish, share some of that love with me you jerk

I like you 'chu, but you can't have that

you can totes be on the awesome list, but the love list starts and stops with one name: Moriarty.

moriarty.jpg
    I'm blushing so much over here. My love is yours, of course.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Daxon: In a paragraph explain to me what differentiates singularity enough to make it worth my incredibly valuable play time.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    @ kakos

wut

You don't know about the differences between human hydrogen and cow hydrogen. TOTALLY different atoms.

stop that

that isn't true

unless cows produce tritium or something

No, tritium is totally different. See, human hydrogen consists of one electron, one proton, and one humon. Cow hydrogen consists of one electron, one proton, and one bovon. Man, don't you know anything about chemistry?

Which reminds me. Hey, Mazzy, I ordered a bottle of distilled goat water and the chemical supply company sent me dog water. What should I do with my dog water when I clearly needed goat water?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Man Singularity is so cool. It's constantly switching up things and giving you different shit to work with, not a single second has felt "aw no, not another one of those missions" at all. It's amazing <3

honestly guys i find daxon's obsession with this game more annoying than arivia and mori
    <3

Maybe I'm hinting this game should be played more. I mean, this game would have gone COMPLETELY under my radar if not for chat. It's just so brilliant.

maybe i dont want to play your stupid commie game

i'll just be over here with borderlands, admiring the comic outlining

yeah baby i like the way that outline accentuates your curves

Arch on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cows are our best source of Hydrogen 3 Arch, didn't you know.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

<3

Was it me that convinced you to buy the game? Was it? Please say it was. I want kudos. :-P

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @ kakos

wut

You don't know about the differences between human hydrogen and cow hydrogen. TOTALLY different atoms.

stop that

that isn't true

unless cows produce tritium or something

No, tritium is totally different. See, human hydrogen consists of one electron, one proton, and one humon. Cow hydrogen consists of one electron, one proton, and one bovon. Man, don't you know anything about chemistry?

Which reminds me. Hey, Mazzy, I ordered a bottle of distilled goat water and the chemical supply company sent me dog water. What should I do with my dog water when I clearly needed goat water?

alright, that was pretty great

but also i am so fucking confused about this post

Arch on
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I used to get distracted by [chat] at work and not get enough done. Now I get distracted by work and ignore chat for like 20 pages at a time. It's a good thing but damn, feels weird.

Smurph on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Eddy, if you're still there, just tell me what you want on your Druid and I'll make it for you.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Daxon: In a paragraph explain to me what differentiates singularity enough to make it worth my incredibly valuable play time.

Great story, well done horror that doesn't consist of lights going out and zombies jumping out at you every fifteen seconds, very atmospheric, lots of great gadgets and fun weapons. It's basically Half-Life 2++.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Smurph wrote: »
    Man, I used to get distracted by [chat] at work and not get enough done. Now I get distracted by work and ignore chat for like 20 pages at a time. It's a good thing but damn, feels weird.

"make a post, analyze a skull. make a post, analyze a skull"

been my mantra all week

Arch on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Smurph wrote: »

"make a post, analyze a skull. make a post, analyze a skull"

been my mantra all week

Mine, too.

So many skulls, so many skulls...

>.>

<.<

Chanus on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    So after tweeting with Old Spice Man, Alyssa Milano was sent flowers and a love note by him.

This is the best ad campaign ever.

I read the guy's wikipedia page. He sounds like a pretty okay guy.

I guess he named his daughter after some character out of the Batman comic book.

and have you seen his name? that guy's a muslim if I ever saw one.

well, we already know that he's black, so muslim is maybe a step up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kakos, you use the dog water as a base and mix it with some sheep water which I know you have available at all times. It should produce something close to hydrogenated goat water.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Great story, well done horror that doesn't consist of lights going out and zombies jumping out at you every fifteen seconds, very atmospheric, lots of great gadgets and fun weapons. It's basically Half-Life 2++.

Anything that sets it apart from other FPS games mechanically or is it just a well polished FPS?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Kakos, you use the dog water as a base and mix it with some sheep water which I know you have available at all times. It should produce something close to hydrogenated goat water.

hunrgle

Arch on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010

I'm not sure what you're taking so much offense to

i am taking no offense

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm not sure what you're taking so much offense to

i am taking no offense

He just wants love, man.

Who doesn't want love?

Chanus on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Singularity's "big thing" is a device that affects the personal time of objects such as crates, electronic controls, explosive barrels, etc as can be used to super-age people/the monsters. It can also be used at specific points to travel back in time to the 1950s (game is strictly linear so it's not like you can pick and choose when to go and when to go to).
    It combines the polish and generally excellent combat of a valve game with the storytelling of bioshock/system shock with audio tapes, "ghosts", and notes left around. This all generally combines into a amazing game.
    Also, there are a number of different enemies and instead of the game just piling more on you later on they change them up or introduce a slightly different enemy with its own specific weak points.

Oh, did I mention it had time manipulation physics-based puzzles? This thing is just delicious.

You get to kill a lot of evil commies as well.

Daxon on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010

And I'm still recommending Metro 2033. It's pretty much STALKER + Half-Life 2.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Don't worry, Chu... I'll be your white knight for no particular reason.

Chanus on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Love experiments the day before a progress report.

WORK DAMN YOU WORK!

Hmm, so all alone in my Roger Waters fandom I see. S'okay chat. S'alright.

Galahad on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Take the goat water and succuse it with tap water twelve times in order to get something chemically similar to dog water.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Take the dog water and succuse it with tap water twelve times in order to get something chemically similar to goat water.

nooooooooooo

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Time manipulation physics based puzzles eh...?

I am....intrigued.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kakos I think we snapped Arch's brain. High five!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The cat has now decided to sleep on my arm. This was adoreable, but is now problematic as I am losing feeling, and she is not perturbed by the movements from me typing.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    sarksus, you are a devil.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ugh. I need a schedule I'm so bad at getting stuff done!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    The cat has now decided to sleep on my arm. This was adoreable, but is now problematic as I am losing feeling, and she is not perturbed by the movements from me typing.

My cat does that all the time. It works as long as I don't need to press shift/ctrl-something with that hand.

Echo on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch said I was good at pretending to be insane.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »

And I'm still recommending Metro 2033. It's pretty much STALKER + Half-Life 2.

Metro 2033 is so good

I'm up the part where
    I'm just after returning the kid to his parents and after going up to the surface to the Nazi outpost

This game just oozes atmosphere

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pretend nothing, you're pretty crazy.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I need coffee. But I am a slave to the timer. I can't leave my bench.

I can however make short little posts and watch [chat] be silly.

Galahad on
This discussion has been closed.