As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A funny [chat] happened on the way to the forum

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Seriously. No matter how dumb they seem—no matter how much they might seem to deserve it—they are, at the end of the day, 11 year-old girls. You wouldn't make an 11 year-old girl cry in real life; why do it on the Internet?

That is quite the assumption

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    "Sir, we've got a problem. It seems a fair number of our consumers are becoming more educated that 90% of the food we stuff down their gullets is processed corn-fed shit stuffed with preservatives and antibiotics. They're starting to take this whole food thing locally and cutting us out."

"Not a problem at all. We'll just start having the authorities intimidate anyone who dares try."

And here I was thinking "oh America might be getting better and less third-world!".
    Just kidding, I never think that.

Daxon on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    [tiny] One of my posts that was given four stars on the awesome post forum came back as Stephine Meyer. [/tiny] And my new cell phone should arrive today!

Thom, I sparkle. Want to have my babies?

Perhaps attending a few less raves and bathing more might help? :mrgreen:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    http://iwl.me/

And fun was had by all.

Apparently, my academic writing is like HP Lovecraft.

And my prose is like Anne Rice.

My poetry is like Dan Browno_Oo_Oo_O

my most manic prose is apparently like bradbury, i have not tried some of my more structured writing

also god damnit the internet

That's pretty funny.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I write like: Ursula K. LeGuin

Fuck. Yeah.

MrMister on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    http://iwl.me/

And fun was had by all.

7CbbQ.jpg[IMG][/img]

man. i can't find anything i've written besides work emails.

which are apparently reminiscent of don brown...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    11 year olds are dumb.

They will always be dumb, but emotional trauma can have far reaching effects on their later lives. It seems far better to save e-abuse for old people who never outgrew 11 year old dumbness.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why would anyone attend less raves?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thom did you catch up on Top Gear yet? I have to gush to someone about how hilarious last night was.

Yes. And it was fucking hysterical. Perhaps one of the funniest bits they've done in the last few seasons.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    OK, cool exoskeleton &c, but what's the point of using it in this situation?

4808082815_4dd5c400d2_d.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I'm not one to troll 11-year-olds, but I feel zero sympathy. She experienced some emotional distress for acting like an idiot. She will be fine and she learned an important lesson.

Last night we Old People talked about how good it was for our development to not have a Twitter account at age four.

I am intensely grateful that social networking and video sharing was not a thing when I was aged 8-15. But since it does exist, it's up to parents and kids to talk responsible usage, maybe with a few anecdotes about abrasive 11 year old girls who overexposed themselves and suffered for it.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

because they smell and everyone is on more drugs than you.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Thom did you catch up on Top Gear yet? I have to gush to someone about how hilarious last night was.

Yes. And it was fucking hysterical. Perhaps one of the funniest bits they've done in the last few seasons.

I dunno, the wedding bit last week was also brilliant.

But this...oh my god. Not a single thing went right for anyone. Even May who thought he had the perfect design could wipe his ass or get changed.

And then Clarkson! "I think my night was a considerably worse." "Oh come on, it couldn't be." /looksattippedovercar "Oh wow that's worse." "Yeah."

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

not an exoskeleton. he's a cyborg.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

because they smell and everyone is on more drugs than you.

heh

not me

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I am conducting an experiment on attending a negative number of raves.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hulu isn't blocked by our web filter! I don't get this thing at all.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    11 year olds are dumb.

They will always be dumb, but emotional trauma can have far reaching effects on their later lives. It seems far better to save e-abuse for old people who never outgrew 11 year old dumbness.

Some people have to learn things through experience. If this did not teach her not to act like an asshole on the internet, nothing will, and they're just getting her used to what the rest of her dumb life will be like.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    11 year olds are dumb.

Good lord, does anyone here think that sort of harassment is okay?

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I dunno, the wedding bit last week was also brilliant.

But this...oh my god. Not a single thing went right for anyone. Even May who thought he had the perfect design could wipe his ass or get changed.

And then Clarkson! "I think my night was a considerably worse." "Oh come on, it couldn't be." /looksattippedovercar "Oh wow that's worse." "Yeah."

This is pretty much the case when ever they are called upon to build something. Except the English Channel crossing. That one actually had some success.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    "Sir, we've got a problem. It seems a fair number of our consumers are becoming more educated that 90% of the food we stuff down their gullets is processed corn-fed shit stuffed with preservatives and antibiotics. They're starting to take this whole food thing locally and cutting us out."

"Not a problem at all. We'll just start having the authorities intimidate anyone who dares try."

I like how they describe lawful searches performed under warrants as "raids"

wheeeeee loaded words

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Her dad didnt' exactly give the appearance of being the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh god

i just

i just fell over laughing.

go to inception thread. look at the poll. one person rated it lower than any of the other hundreds of people who saw it and voted.

one person gave it a 2.

can you guess who?

can you?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pynchon writes like James Joyce.

Cinders on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    4chan is the internet hate machine and the power they have is far, far too dangerous. I've been shouted down more than once, and more than here for this opinion.

I do not care how many friends you may have made there. I do not care that the hate machine is only a "portion of the users".

When you start sending trolls to stalk people IN REAL LIFE because their name is the same as someone that pissed you off, you've gone too far.

I promise you, that in some strange twist of fate I became leader of the world, 4chan would be the first against the wall after I wrapped up all the war and famine.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Her dad didnt' exactly give the appearance of being the sharpest tool in the shed either.

well he has contacts with the cyber police.

and he knows how to back trace.

so.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Some people have to learn things through experience. If this did not teach her not to act like an asshole on the internet, nothing will, and they're just getting her used to what the rest of her dumb life will be like.

This is also why I break into houses with unlocked doors and rape women who walk alone through the park at night.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ludious, you've been on an internet doomsday kick lately.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    11 year olds are dumb.

It's hard to be sympathetic in situations such as these.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone know what the deal with this is?
    Facebook has sensationally banned the official Alex Jones Facebook page after a customer services representative admitted that all material containing images of the famous Gadsden flag was being deleted by the social networking giant.

It's fairly obvious bullshit since it's the ONLY thing I can find on the subject, it only shows up on conspiracy nutjob sites, and it offers no sources or proof, but it's sure got idiots riled up on Facebook. The Alex Jones page IS down, but I'm almost positive at this point that it had nothing to do with the Gadsden flag.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Res wrote: »

I like how they describe lawful searches performed under warrants as "raids"

wheeeeee loaded words

Look, when the cops are showing up every 6 months just to hassle you and take your stuff away without pressing any charges, it's pretty clear they have alternative motives.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    What the fuck is a Gadsden flag?

And Ludious, 4chan before the 24 hour news networks? For shame.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

This is also why I break into houses with unlocked doors and rape women who walk alone through the park at night.

We should hang out.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

why the fuck not?

if i had those i would wear them when i did anything

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    11 year olds are dumb.

It's hard to be sympathetic in situations such as these.

I'm not sympathetic of the girl, but I'm disgusted with the people who harassed her.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yes, prank phone calls and pizzas you didn't order are the same as rape and home invasion.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

why the fuck not?

if i had those i would wear them when i did anything

anything?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    What the fuck is a Gadsden flag?

And Ludious, 4chan before the 24 hour news networks? For shame.

800px-gadsden_flag_svg.png

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh god

i just

i just fell over laughing.

go to inception thread. look at the poll. one person rated it lower than any of the other hundreds of people who saw it and voted.

one person gave it a 2.

can you guess who?

can you?

someone needs to laugh at this with me :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My 11-year old sister doesn't act anything at all like this girl. I blame the parents.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.