arrested develo[chat]

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Ellie wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Someone at my work dipped the sanitizer trap full of hair and gunk into someone's drink once because the person was rude. *shrugs*

What the fucking fuck?

Seriously. On what planet is that ever acceptable?

The Cleaner that they use to clean out the coffee pots with at starbucks,

yeah I saw someone putting that in someones latte once.

urnex!

UrnBrewer325.jpg

That's the stuff! Man that fucking guy was unhinged.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    alllllright gonna try this out

what server are most people on

The PA people are currently dicking around on Iron Rock as Destruction. If you get it all set up lemme know if I'm around and you roll a dude, as I want to roll a new dude anyway.

wait....iron rock? iron fist? badlands?

which of these has the most people i need a list

Ironfist is only where Cass and I first played, I don't know of anyone on here there.

Order: Badlands
    Destruction: Iron Rock

Oh all right

sweet i wanna be a choppa and also a runepriest or some other dwarf
    yessss

you can be a choppa with the black orc and shaman that inq and I play

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'd rather be playing Order if it's like Iron Rock and order seems much better at pvp :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    You are fucking high if you think Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games of all time. That game has so many problems that hold it back. Many of them simple laziness on Bethesda's part.

I... agree with Justin?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    when i worked at the pizzeria in south philly kids used to try to put their shoes in the bucket of gravy, pour lemonade in the sauce, literally fuck batches of dough, etc

Organichu on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Fallout 3 really wasn't THAT great. It wasn't even the best game the year it was released.

What game was, then?

For the PC? Mass Effect.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God dammit, you guys. You are making me want to play WAR. Stop this. D:

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think I'd rather be playing Order if it's like Iron Rock and order seems much better at pvp :P

hmmmm

Arch on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

It's already been proven to be bunk, I think.

I mean, Daily Fail being tip#1

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone at my work dipped the sanitizer trap full of hair and gunk into someone's drink once because the person was rude. *shrugs*

What the fucking fuck?

She was a cute young thing and he was a creepy asshole. These things happen.

You're going to need to gather us around for story time to justify this.

This was over 4 years ago now so my memory of it is very fuzzy. There was this one customer who always came in during the rush and ordered a very demanding drink and would get very upset if it wasn't made just the way he liked it (which was different than his actual, verbal order, mind you). He was always angry and anxious and an aggressive flirter with the girls. After he would order he would always go into the bathroom right after for a seemingly set amount of time before coming out for his drink. We were pretty sure he was doing coke in the bathroom. Anyway, one day he was especially annoying or especially a creeper or something so the girl took his drink into the back while the guy was in the bathroom and dipped the sanitizer trap into it. Mixed it up, and served it to him.

Well I guess that's not bad because I have nothing to worry about. I'm never rude, impatient, or demanding of people that serve me. And I make it a habit to tip well, unless they were rude to me (which is sooo rare).

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, this day is just a movin' and a shakin'... It's a madhouse, a MADHOUSE!

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    when i worked at the pizzeria in south philly kids used to try to put their shoes in the bucket of gravy, pour lemonade in the sauce, literally fuck batches of dough, etc

Well... Philadelphia...

South Philly at that...

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A friend of mine worked at Wendy's and they'd ash their cigarettes into the frostey mix.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What the fucking fuck?

Seriously. On what planet is that ever acceptable?

The Cleaner that they use to clean out the coffee pots with at starbucks,

yeah I saw someone putting that in someones latte once.

urnex!

UrnBrewer325.jpg

That's the stuff! Man that fucking guy was unhinged.

back in the day, i saw people do this as well. customers were dicks.

also, annoying people who are rude but disclose heart conditions and ask for decaf: beware your barista

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    God dammit, you guys. You are making me want to play WAR. Stop this. D:

Fair warning, [chat] will most likely have zero interesting in WAR 1-2 weeks from now. Such is the way of [chat].

Though there are exceptions to this.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    wow

that's fucking horrible

Organichu on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I used Urnex! That shit is powerful!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fallout 3 really wasn't THAT great. It wasn't even the best game the year it was released.

What game was, then?

For the PC? Mass Effect.

Never played it, but from what I hear about the game, there's no debating it.

Still, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games and a great game no less. I honestly can't imagine saying it isn't one of the best games of the last few years.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also, annoying people who are rude but disclose heart conditions and ask for decaf: beware your barista

Huh? No, that is fucked up. No barista I've known in my 3 years of working at coffeeshops would ever do that. If someone asks for decaf that's something you take seriously if you don't know the customer as you can fuck someone up. What you do have to worry about is getting your caffeinated beverage switched to decaf if you are an ass.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mornin' peoples. How hangs it?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mass Effect was good, but it wasn't that good.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Man, this day is just a movin' and a shakin'... It's a madhouse, a MADHOUSE!

Or so they claim!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010

What game was, then?

For the PC? Mass Effect.

Still, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games and a great game no less. I honestly can't imagine saying it isn't one of the best games of the last few years.

The last few years have been pretty slow for video games, it's true.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010

The game froze on me part way through the citadel and I am having a hard time convincing myself to slog through it again.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mass Effect was totally better than Fallout 3.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Neither was BioShock or Fallout 3, though.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man, in all my years in food service and/or retail (so like, 5 or 6 i guess) the worst thing i ever did was like, tell someone who annoyed me that we didn't have something that we actually did, so i wouldn't have to fetch it/make it

people in these industries can be real cocks, apparently

Organichu on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man i throw ONE party on fourth of july and suddenly i have a ridiculously full social life

excellent

although it is weird to have to turn down offers to hang out because i am hanging out with other people; i haven't done that in a while

Arch on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Huh? No, that is fucked up. No barista I've known in me 3 years of working at coffeeshops would ever do that. If someone asks for decaf that's something you take seriously if you don't know the customer as you can fuck someone up. What you do have to worry about is getting your caffeinated beverage switched to decaf if you are an ass.

There's a lot of urban legends about all the terrible stuff that fast food people do to food, and most of its invented either by people looking at the losers or whippersnappers serving their food or teenagers trying to demonstrate that despite the paper hat and minimum wage job they are still rebellious bad asses taking it to the man.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mornin' peoples. How hangs it?

ef double

What it do?

Also are you on the Alien Swarm wagon with the rest of chat y/n?

desc on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Poisoning people is a healthy response to stress!

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What game was, then?

For the PC? Mass Effect.

It had no charm. I need CHARM GODDAMMIT.

Kagera on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man, in all my years in food service and/or retail (so like, 5 or 6 i guess) the worst thing i ever did was like, tell someone who annoyed me that we didn't have something that we actually did, so i wouldn't have to fetch it/make it

it's pretty easy to turn people into misanthropes in the service industry

but really you should just quit if your job has you slightly poisoning people because they make you angry

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    It's not, Ry. Fallout 3 has a lot going for it. The character interactions are great, the atmosphere of the Wasteland is pretty great. Even the storylines are great. There's a lot of fun to be had with Fallout 3.

But the graphics are poor, the animations are downright terrible (ever played in third person mode? THERE'S NO STRAFING ANIMATION. It's completely immersion breaking), the main character is a mute (personal pet peeve), there's all kinds of graphical glitches and game play bugs, some stupid design decisions (VATS lowering weapon reliability FASTER than non-VATS shooting when non-VATS shooting is FUCKING WORTHLESS) and over all sense of reaching for too many goals and making it half way on most of them. These kind of things hold Fallout 3 back from being a truly great game.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

We used to park the drunks and let the cops know. But other then that I never saw anyone tamper with anyone else's food or drink. Christ, at 15 I knew that was fucking retarded.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    There's a lot of urban legends about all the terrible stuff that fast food people do to food, and most of its invented either by people looking at the losers or whippersnappers serving their food or teenagers trying to demonstrate that despite the paper hat and minimum wage job they are still rebellious bad asses taking it to the man.

That makes a lot of sense to me. I mean, a lot of this stuff sounds impractical. Like, jizz in your food. Spit? Sure, that's easy. Jizz? Like people have time at work to bust our their dick and jack off into food? No idea how you would get away with that at most places.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I liked both Mass Effect and FO3 a great deal. But FO3 gets it for the re-playability for me. I haven't been able to make it through another ME game, but have gone through FO3 a few times - though I end up doing different quests each time.

But I bought them both twice (360 and steam sales) so can't really hate on either.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

Huh? No, that is fucked up. No barista I've known in me 3 years of working at coffeeshops would ever do that. If someone asks for decaf that's something you take seriously if you don't know the customer as you can fuck someone up. What you do have to worry about is getting your caffeinated beverage switched to decaf if you are an ass.

Apparently you've never seen an episode of Caught on Tape: When Employees Strike Back!

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What game was, then?

For the PC? Mass Effect.

It had no charm. I need CHARM GODDAMMIT.

Fallout 3 had no charm? Did you play it with your eyes closed and earmuffs on?

This is wrong. Try it again with eyes open and earmuffs off.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.