As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The new [Chat Thread] full of chatalysmic puns

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    EG is sounding more and more awesome the more people describe it. I'm going to download it.

EG is pretty awesome as a tool. You glance at a DPSer and see a piece or two of PvP gear, but the rest of his gear is decent quality? Meh, he's fine for heroics.

You wonder why the boomkin in your H HoR is doing such bad damage, RankWatch keeps telling him every damaging spell he's using is downranked two ranks, and you open EG on him to have it screaming at you with red lines through his gear 'Melee DPS' in every slot. He's boomkinning in almost all Feral gear.*

*Yes, this actually happened, I think I told the story.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    EG is sounding more and more awesome the more people describe it. I'm going to download it.

EG is pretty awesome as a tool. You glance at a DPSer and see a piece or two of PvP gear, but the rest of his gear is decent quality? Meh, he's fine for heroics.

You wonder why the boomkin in your H HoR is doing such bad damage, RankWatch keeps telling him every damaging spell he's using is downranked two ranks, and you open EG on him to have it screaming at you with red lines through his gear 'Melee DPS' in every slot. He's boomkinning in almost all Feral gear.*

*Yes, this actually happened, I think I told the story.

Eh, I'd probably take him anyway. (Moonkin buffs are too good for casters. :P - I was in a raid where we took a random pug moonkin who did less dps than the tank to ICC25, and told them thier only job was to NOT DIE to keep the +hit debuff and moonkin aura up)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Eh, I'd probably take him anyway. (Moonkin buffs are too good for casters. :P - I was in a raid where we took a random pug moonkin who did less dps than the tank to ICC25, and told them thier only job was to NOT DIE to keep the +hit debuff and moonkin aura up)

In something like an ICC 25 yeah, a moonkin's +hit debuff probably would provide enough RDPS to offset their specific terribleness. You'd probably be better off bringing a not terrible spriest or moonkin, but you have what you have.

In a 10 man raid it's less likely that's the case, and in something like HoR one of your DPS scraping by in the <2k range could easily contribute to the group failing if the rest of the dps is only average.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On the gold thing, I'm wondering if we won't see the ramp up in gold/day in cata that we saw in TBC and WoTLK. I sold 2 stacks of mithril bars last week for 151g a stack(which is only about 2x market). I'm selling copper/tin ore at 30g+ a stack on the weekends. Leveling any non-gather profession has to be a bitch if you don't have an 80 to feed you funds.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

In something like an ICC 25 yeah, a moonkin's +hit debuff probably would provide enough RDPS to offset their specific terribleness. You'd probably be better off bringing a not terrible spriest or moonkin, but you have what you have.

In a 10 man raid it's less likely that's the case, and in something like HoR one of your DPS scraping by in the <2k range could easily contribute to the group failing if the rest of the dps is only average.

Very true, that particular ICC25 just had terrible raid comp, it was one of those, "oh crap its monday must get badges" groups.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is anyone here on Alliance side Rampage? I don't know if I'm unlucky of if this battlegroup is just pants-on-head retarded.

jackal on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone play Horde on Argent Dawn? I want to start doing some small time raiding. This running Heroic Nexus and shit is boring since I can't get loot upgrades except from Heroic TotC and ICC 5mans. (And 50 billion emblems. Of which I get like 2 Frost a day..yay..and a couple of Triumphs)

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Very true, that particular ICC25 just had terrible raid comp, it was one of those, "oh crap its monday must get badges" groups.

Yeah, I marathon leveled my Warlock so he could do CoE for a raid group.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yeah, this boomkin was managing about 1.3k, though I suppose a lot of that was AoE. What with downranked spells and almost no spellpower. I'd imagine if he wasn't a complete jackass, he'd do pretty well.

He kept bitching at me to turn off RankWatch so it'd stop pestering him. And the healer was a resto druid friend of his, as I mentioned in the HHHH thread at the time. They eventually let the tank die on the last part of the final waves of the chase, they told him they were going to do it, so I was ready to switch to Frost Presence just in case and the resto druid did heal me while we killed the last Aboms.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Is anyone here on Alliance side Rampage? I don't know if I'm unlucky of if this battlegroup is just pants-on-head retarded.
    Horde side Rampage, and I have to ask you how long the Alliance BG queues are, because they definitely suck for Horde.

forty on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Hello. Welcome to World of Warcraft. Nice to have you here.
    There is a retarded amount of retards that play this game.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Horde side Rampage, and I have to ask you how long the Alliance BG queues are, because they definitely suck for Horde.

Not sure. So far I haven't done much PvP. Although I assume once you do get into the BG you wipe the floor with our short bus riding asses.

jackal on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »

Yeah, this boomkin was managing about 1.3k, though I suppose a lot of that was AoE. What with downranked spells and almost no spellpower. I'd imagine if he wasn't a complete jackass, he'd do pretty well.

He kept bitching at me to turn off RankWatch so it'd stop pestering him. And the healer was a resto druid friend of his, as I mentioned in the HHHH thread at the time. They eventually let the tank die on the last part of the final waves of the chase, they told him they were going to do it, so I was ready to switch to Frost Presence just in case and the resto druid did heal me while we killed the last Aboms.

I love the people who are like "Stop bugging me with RankWatch!".

It's like .... dude, fix your spells. Takes 2 seconds. Do you realise that you are complaining at ME for pointing out that there is something wrong that's easily fixed?

shryke on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Exactly... I was doing a Karazhan fun run for the achievement the other night on my DK. Our tank was a Blood DK... whom RankWatch informed was using Rank 1 of Heart Strike. The guy had fairly decent gear too... it's like, how in god's name did you get that far never having bought a higher rank of your *main* damn strike?

Throughout the whole run, every 5 minutes it would remind him too, he tried telling me to shut if off, but eh. Hopefully it reminded him once we were done to go get rank 6.

That's the other reason I can't wait for Cataclysm... there will be no need for RankWatch, people can't fuck up any more! Other than not buying abilities at all, but we already have that going on now, so at least it'll eliminate one thing anyway.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I actually like RankWatch, because it reminds me to do the "macro fix" for Penance which I have to do every time I switch specs, because macros with talented spells don't like to update to the proper rank on spec switch, and all my spells for my healing spec are in mouse-over macros.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just take the ranks out of your macro.

Without them it will just use the highest rank available.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    shryke wrote: »

I know this. There are no ranks in the macro. This is a known bug Blizzard has acknowledged with duel spec, talented spells and macros. Happened with Circle of Healing when I was Holy, and now Penance.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey, who ordered a new Troll character screen background?
    hsjiiq.jpg

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Not sure. So far I haven't done much PvP. Although I assume once you do get into the BG you wipe the floor with our short bus riding asses.
    Depends on the battleground. IoC and EotS are usually horrible losses. I guess you were asking about the battlegroup for random heroic purposes? In that case, you'll find it's pants-on-head retard status pretty much everywhere.

forty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I know this. There are no ranks in the macro. This is a known bug Blizzard has acknowledged with duel spec, talented spells and macros. Happened with Circle of Healing when I was Holy, and now Penance.
    What's your macro then? Because I don't have this issue with Wild Growth or Mangle.

forty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What's your macro then? Because I don't have this issue with Wild Growth or Mangle.
    #showtooltip Penance
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead] Penance
    /cast [help, nodead] Penance
    /cast [target=player] Penance

Note, the bug only occurs when you do a spec swap, and the buttons are on your bars that change over as part of said spec swap.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Hey, who ordered a new Troll character screen background?
    hsjiiq.jpg

Nice picture. Things like this remind me that there is some nice scenery in WoW still. If you catch it at the right moment, it's pretty good to look at.

Like this picture I took this morning. I was running up that first hill you get to right as you're coming off the bridge from Durotar. I had to stop and take a screeny.
    WoWScrnShot_072210_102544.jpg

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    At the very least, the Gnomes will get a new background.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    #showtooltip Penance

Note, the bug only occurs when you do a spec swap, and the buttons are on your bars that change over as part of said spec swap.
    Err, don't all your bars change over as part of a spec swap?

forty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    #showtooltip Penance

Err, don't all your bars change over as part of a spec swap?

Quite possibly. Some of my bars I have setup exactly the same between specs. It's really only my primary bar that has differences.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, what the fuck, a new beta build is being deployed already? O_o

Henroid on
  • Options
    VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm having my bi/trimonthly craving to resubscribe WoW, someone talk me into/out of it!

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Wait, what the fuck, a new beta build is being deployed already? O_o

Could be. Servers have been down all day.

Are they back up?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    VicWhiten wrote: »
    I'm having my bi/trimonthly craving to resubscribe WoW, someone talk me into/out of it!

It's a trap! Your account got hacked! Cataclysm is around the corner!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    End wrote: »

Funny you say that, my account getting hacked is what made me lose the desire to play last time. It took a while to get everything restored, and then I realized I hate warlocks. Again. (my only 80)

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So Warlocks get a weird Soul Link?

Arikado on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Funny you say that, my account getting hacked is what made me lose the desire to play last time. It took a while to get everything restored, and then I realized I hate warlocks. Again. (my only 80)

If that's your only 80 and you hate him then well...wait for cataclysm if you're going to level another character.

It's gonna be way better to do so then.

Otherwise you'll either be playing a character you hate or leveling up a new character through the old crap only to hit 80 and find out that its getting harder to find an active guild that is raiding and recruiting that isn't hardcore (unless that's what you want).

Then again, I'm feeling meh about WoW lately, seeing as I've only logged in a couple times in the past few weeks and even then I haven't even played. I've spent more time exploring on Beta than I have playing WoW in forever.

So maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Arikado wrote: »

Versus what? Regular soul link?

End on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Versus what? Regular soul link?

Good point. It's interesting to give Warlocks a utility buff like that but then again Mages have that crit one.

Arikado on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    New mage talents are....interesting...

Oghulk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh, dark intent?

Yeah, it's a lot better than the mage version right now too though, since it basically works in both directions. Unlike the mage one though, warlocks won't be giving it to other warlocks (unless it stacks, but it shouldn't).

End on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

It's Warlock focus magic.
    * Dark Intent *New* - You link yourself with the targeted friendly target, increasing both of your haste by 3%. When you or the linked target gains a critical periodic damage or healing effect, the other gains an increased 3% increased periodic damage and healing lasting for 7 sec. Stacks up to 3 times. Dark Intent lasts for 30 min. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast
    It's weirdly worded though.

Also, Warlock can now swap [strike]Combo Points[/strike] DoTs to another target!
    * Soul Swap *New* - You instantly deal 167.45 damage, and removing your damage-over-time effects from the target. For 20 sec afterword, the next target you cast Soul Swap on will be afflicted by the damage-over-time effects and suffer 167.45 damage. You cannot Soul Swap to the same target. / 6% of base mana, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 45 sec cooldown

shryke on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Would you like a scroll of resurrection? 8-)

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If that's your only 80 and you hate him then well...wait for cataclysm if you're going to level another character.

Or, start a DK. Their leveling experience will be almost the same either way...

I went from Warlock to DK myself.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »

Would you like a scroll of resurrection? 8-)

Dammit....

yes....

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.