Options

This [Chat] Thread Dedicated to Sami

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Goddamn, [chat] is rocking this morning.

Hello! Plans have changed: I'll be around Thursday night and Friday. <3

Holy shit, that's awesome! What happened?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I promise when I am rich I will have my own small farm and my meat will come from there and it will all be humane. Until then I am not going to give up meat, because for me, my protest of something has to have a legitimate impact on that thing.

even the meat industry is subject to supply and demand. whether or not southerners will always meat- and factory-farming will always exist- eating more of it produces a great demand for export. if my not eating meat saves a single animal from a barbaric life and slaughter, it is a legitimate impact.

it won't save even a single life, I promise

Ludious on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    this shirt is too faded

i feel inadaquete

how can i wear a plain black v-neck

if the black is not that of the darkest void

sigh

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Goddamn, [chat] is rocking this morning.

Hello! Plans have changed: I'll be around Thursday night and Friday. <3

Holy shit, that's awesome! What happened?

Oddly, hilariously enough, it has to do with the fact that 75% of my meds can't take temperatures over 30c. I'll tell you later. All is good, though - great, even!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    My company is in a Catch 22 where they want more people to work at home, since we're running out of desks to place people, but won't fork up for the laptops to let us do so.

I just VPN in and then VNC into my desktop.

This is a thing they're looking at: "Dumb terminals" which log into remote machines. I like the sound of it.

Those have been around forever.
    Neither of those animals are typically served as foodstuffs in Kansas, so if you want them you have to find them. Boar is easier than bear, you just have to drive onto the fort and sneak back off with a dead one.

They aren't in Texas either. Well boar is served a little. There is actually a bounty on boar here.

Wild pigs are pretty much the thing I was most afraid of when I used to ramble about in the countryside out in east Texas when I was younger.

Psychopathic murderers on four legs.

When I took the girls and their boyfriends camping, I brought my gun. Re-chambered it for 9 mm and prayed I'd figure out a good story to tell fish and wildlife if I had to shoot a boar. Damn things are anger and tusks.

against boar or bigger you'd probably be better off with 10mm

but the 17 frame won't handle a 10mm barrel, so oh well

Organichu on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I promise when I am rich I will have my own small farm and my meat will come from there and it will all be humane. Until then I am not going to give up meat, because for me, my protest of something has to have a legitimate impact on that thing.

even the meat industry is subject to supply and demand. whether or not southerners will always meat- and factory-farming will always exist- eating more of it produces a great demand for export. if my not eating meat saves a single animal from a barbaric life and slaughter, it is a legitimate impact.

Over my lifetime of not eating meat, the impact might raise the price of your burger by a penny.

Worth it.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Damn, Chu, are you really going vegetarian? That's awesome.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    My company is in a Catch 22 where they want more people to work at home, since we're running out of desks to place people, but won't fork up for the laptops to let us do so.

I just VPN in and then VNC into my desktop.

This is a thing they're looking at: "Dumb terminals" which log into remote machines. I like the sound of it.

Those have been around forever.
    Neither of those animals are typically served as foodstuffs in Kansas, so if you want them you have to find them. Boar is easier than bear, you just have to drive onto the fort and sneak back off with a dead one.

They aren't in Texas either. Well boar is served a little. There is actually a bounty on boar here.

Wild pigs are pretty much the thing I was most afraid of when I used to ramble about in the countryside out in east Texas when I was younger.

Psychopathic murderers on four legs.

When I took the girls and their boyfriends camping, I brought my gun. Re-chambered it for 9 mm and prayed I'd figure out a good story to tell fish and wildlife if I had to shoot a boar. Damn things are anger and tusks.

Yeah. Only gun I've ever owned is a 22 rifle, which is more or less a bb-gun putting on airs. Fun for target shooting... not good for much else.

A good portion of the time I was in wild-pig territory I was on horseback of course, so not much of an issue there. But I learned my love of wandering around the wilderness in Ontario, where not quite as much of the landscape is trying to kill you, and it took me a while to to develop the proper respect.

Galahad on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Titan Quest multiplayer is pretty great.

why does it have to be so expensive

How much is it now? Oh, $20.

But ... think of all the monsters that need to be killed.

desc on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Dudes.

I made breakfast for my wife today.

And that used up all the breakfast food.

So I ate cookies for breakfast.

COOKIES!

Your wife didn't offer some of her food to you?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

this is like me going "i'm israeli, trust me, we're doing the right thing over there". you being a southerner doesn't mean you can go "i'm right, i know the meat industry".

if there is more demand for meat, more meat is produced.

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man Timothy Olyphant just seems like such a nice guy, it'll be sad when it comes out he beats his wife or something.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dudes.

COOKIES!

sometimes we forget how awesome it is to be a grown up

Yeah, it's this weird thing of like

I'm 28 years old and I know better than to eat cookies for breakfast.

But them I'm like

I'm 28 years old and I can eat whatever the fuck I want.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've never met a mushroom I didn't like.

i know rite

desc on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man Timothy Olyphant just seems like such a nice guy, it'll be sad when it comes out he beats his wife or something.

Timothy Olyphant can beat me any time.

you know.

in a sexual way.

Hachface on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone post that article about shit-and-antibiotics-and-entrails filled lagoons that kill people in the south. And, if Lud is any indication, make them aggressively retarded.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

dude's cool as hell. die hard 4, deadwood, etc.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Dudes.

COOKIES!

Your wife didn't offer some of her food to you?

Nah, but that's all right.

Her usual breakfast is 3 egg whites and 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, so there really wasn't much to share.

Evil_Reaver on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The demand for meat increases because there are more humans in areas where meat is consumed. More humans are created willy nilly in the places where meat is consumed and will continue to be consumed.

You're not driving demand in Philly, son.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Stop being contrary, dude

Ultimately if more people trend towards vegetarianism less animals are going to be slaughtered

Probably only going to be minimal difference but still

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

dude's cool as hell. die hard 4, deadwood, etc.

Yeah I watched an interview where he didn't come off as suave, but more just like a regular dude, it was very charming in a way.

Hell I even like Hitman because he's so awesome in that (well that and the russian chick is naked as all hell).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dudes.

COOKIES!

But them I'm like

i dont know if my life got better or worse when I realized I could have hard boiled eggs whenever I wanted, and didn't just have to wait for easter

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    That's actually fairly popular in the south Echo. Hamburger patties as a meat without a bun. Typically served with a brown gravy and white rice.

It's Swedish husmanskost (literally "houseman's cuisine") from back when owning your house instead of being a serf was a big deal. The meat and potatoes of it are... meat and potatoes.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Someone post that article about shit-and-antibiotics-and-entrails filled lagoons that kill people in the south. And, if Lud is any indication, make them aggressively retarded.

That's a shame, I haven't namecalled once.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The demand for meat increases because there are more humans in areas where meat is consumed. More humans are created willy nilly in the places where meat is consumed and will continue to be consumed.

ITT Ludious advocates suicide attacks against factory farm workers and their families.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Here

and here

also there is a rolling stone article about it somewhere

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    That's actually fairly popular in the south Echo. Hamburger patties as a meat without a bun. Typically served with a brown gravy and white rice.

It's Swedish husmanskost (literally "houseman's cuisine") from back when owning your house instead of being a serf was a big deal. The meat and potatoes of it are... meat and potatoes.

We call that "chop steak" here and yeah usually serve it with rice and brown gravy

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

you drive demand wherever you are. you do realize that commodities- even perishables like meat- are exported, right?

even if the south is growing, even if they all eat meat, even if factory-farming grows to keep pace with that growth- my eating meat makes it grow even faster. this is a really ridiculous goal post you're constructing, because ending the meat industry isn't my objective. my eating meat lends weight to its growth, and my not eating meat retards that acceleration, even if it will still grow without me.

like, me not smacking arabs in israel doesn't stop the fact that the orthodox population is growing more quickly than the secular. xenophobia is on the increase, and arabs will still be abused. but that is still one less arab to be smacked by me, whether or not 10 others are smacked in his place.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There's having a Russian accent, and then there's Boris, Is Moose and Squirrel, and this lady was the latter.

desc on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Stop trying to force your vegetarian lifestyle on Ludious you intolerant fucks.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Organichu, I have to know. Are you really for real?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

neverrrrrr

Arch on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Titan Quest multiplayer is pretty great.
    why does it have to be so expensive
    Because you touch yourself at night.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

no

he needs to atone for his sins

awesome_smiley_photo_sculpture_photosculpture-p153359710604909267qdjh_400.jpg

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    protip vegetarian dudes get all the ladies cause we are all sensitive and shit

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You're comparing the situation in Israel to meat eating, I am officially done with this conversation, and you win, I don't want anything to do with it now.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Organichu, I have to know. Are you really for real?

yep

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Dudes.

COOKIES!

But them I'm like

i dont know if my life got better or worse when I realized I could have hard boiled eggs whenever I wanted, and didn't just have to wait for easter

My mom used to make these boss snacks for me when I was a kid. She'd buy Kipper Snacks and mix mayo in it and put it on crackers.

Now I can eat them whenever I want.

But I never do.

But it's my choice now!

Evil_Reaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You're comparing the situation in Israel to meat eating, I am officially done with this conversation, and you win, I don't want anything to do with it now.

yessssss i win again!

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.