As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    It's hilarious how many people think they are great players but get stuck with bad teammates EVERY game. How pathetic must someones real life be if they need to create a fantasy scenario to explain why they aren't at the top of the ladder.

My favorite is when this guy is also the first blood death and the next 2-3 deaths in the game and they proceed to complain about how no one is helping them out. Alternately when this is the "hey guys stick together!! (i'll be over here in a lane by my self trying to push a tower while you guys all team fight at mid)"

I mean, sometimes other people frustrate me to no end when teamwork is impossible, and it's kind of hard to go "i hold you punch" when the puncher is busy masturbating in the bush, but after a point you have to realise, even if your teammates are actually terrible, maybe it's just you not being good enough. Or at times, maybe it's not even you or your teammates, but the opponent being that good and whatever feeding happened wasn't feeding but an actual display of superiority from whoever was fed.

EDIT: Might as well not double post: AP Sion, how does it work?

Absolutely, but there comes a point where it's not reasonable to expect people to play so well as to be TWO people to make up for someone so bad they might as well not be there/are actively detrimental via feeding.

I mean when you're functionally a man down, you're functionally a man down. At that point you just have to hope the enemy is incompetent in some way.

I admit there's a small difference in admitting your 5/5/5 game was you not being good enough and your carry going 1/11/2, ignoring team orders, rushing like rambo in the fray and just being overall terrible at everything.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    just had the feediest feedamere

i am 100% positive he was trolling after the 6th death

he would constantly creep in their jungle, and at one point he spinning slashed through golem that was really low health that i was getting AS VEIGAR and said "sorry"

i honestly would have accepted it if he did it as a dick move and didn't try to lie to me by saying "sorry"

also we were fighting 5v4 at dragon without him and when he finally got there we were all dead, ulted and tried to kill rammus 1v5. then proceeded to say "shit they come from nowhere"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah he was trolling.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    just had the feediest feedamere

i am 100% positive he was trolling after the 6th death

he would constantly creep in their jungle, and at one point he spinning slashed through golem that was really low health that i was getting AS VEIGAR and said "sorry"

i honestly would have accepted it if he did it as a dick move and didn't try to lie to me by saying "sorry"

also we were fighting 5v4 at dragon without him and when he finally got there we were all dead, ulted and tried to kill rammus 1v5. then proceeded to say "shit they come from nowhere"

i did well though! METAL FOR LIFE

tyrannus on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just joined a queue where some guy picked Shaco with rally and revive and immediately locked in.

Left dat.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I just have one of the weirdest game. it's was 5 v 4, in our favor but we are still getting our asses handed to us, not horribly but we are consistently behind on kills and out organized in ganks. Everybody is sort of just doing their own thing and getting ganked.

Suddenly without any sort of communication, our entire team just march down mid and decimated the other team and destroyed their nexus.

It still puzzles me on how it happend since we were consistently losing in team fights, just all the sudden their heros were droping like flies.

ZombieSheep on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Playing with teams that have NO FUCKING IDEA how to follow their initiators is not fun.

I'm getting to the point where as much as I love Singed, I might want to start playing an outright carry. The problem being, I'm pretty certain that if I don't go tank, nobody else will.

I wish I could play more often so my elo wasn't so mediocre.

Edit: Also annoying is the fact that almost every queue dodge I experience is from the other team. Like I literally can't remember the last time it was on my team.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    jarmisjarmis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    sunfirebattle.png

Guys I might seriously main eve. She is actually a good tank.

I didn't use the most effective build, however it was amazing. I would do the better part of 200 damage a second. I could drop a wave of creeps in a couple seconds, if a hero wandered out without vision I could burn his health down hard and gank him when he tried to run. If he had vision I could just burn him down with my crazy effective hp we could just trade blows and I'd watch them die. I was amazing for initiating team fights, I would stealth in chase them around stun the carry and watch as everyone focused on me, then just sat there stunned when they realized I hadn't died but they were all missing nice chunks of hp.

Overall I would say Tank eve is the best eve.

jarmis on
    copyofcrayon4jj.jpg
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Played a ranked game as twitch. Was babysitting a Rammus on bottom with wards so he could get last hits and avoid WW ganks. As a result I got killed 4 times or so. Suddenly the fact the top mid and bottom were 0-4-1,0-3-0 and 1-5-0 it's Twitches fault we were losing.

Why wasn't I ganking, why wasn't I placing wards in their jungle, why didn't I have damage items.

I know Twitch has a crossbow but you can't expect me to shell out 400 on wards and have enough cash to buy anything as well as gank and lane.

In conclusion, the general populace in the ranked system is awful. It's like someone is going to kick their puppy if they die and it can't possibly be at least partially their fault for the loss.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fuck Vlad's q ability and teammates that refuse to focus him when he has 20 stacks.

Also fuck my elo for giving me teammates who never, ever, ever place wards. Having to constantly buy wards to counter shaco until I get tanky enough to buy Oracle's - which only made them focus me hard - really makes Singed's farming ability become less stellar.

In conclusion: fuck this game.

(I'll be in a better mood tomorrow. Maybe.)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what is up with that poppy build

she got 15 kills??

interrobang on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jarmis wrote: »
    sunfirebattle.png

Guys I might seriously main eve. She is actually a good tank.

I didn't use the most effective build, however it was amazing. I would do the better part of 200 damage a second. I could drop a wave of creeps in a couple seconds, if a hero wandered out without vision I could burn his health down hard and gank him when he tried to run. If he had vision I could just burn him down with my crazy effective hp we could just trade blows and I'd watch them die. I was amazing for initiating team fights, I would stealth in chase them around stun the carry and watch as everyone focused on me, then just sat there stunned when they realized I hadn't died but they were all missing nice chunks of hp.

Overall I would say Tank eve is the best eve.

Locket Eve for best eve

Peas on
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good Idea: Qualifying for the WCG Tournament
    Bad Idea: Not having a team as of today

Zoelef on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    From the PA chat:
    PikaPuff (6:46): dac want to play?
    Dacovind (6:47): I just came back from a game where I went 10/1/21 and outfarmed everyone and was the biggest menace of my whole team
    failboattootoot (6:48): i believe it, morgana is nasty :O
    failboattootoot (6:48): thats an awesome game though
    Dacovind (6:49): despite this we lost because our tank was mentally silly, our dps kept on whining and our blitzcrank alterned between pulling the enemy tank and being afk
    Dacovind (6:49): :(
    Dacovind (6:50): one hour and 15 of what was basically the inspiration of Sartre's No Exit

Also being put against a pro heimerdinger at mid, SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. It's a fucking wonder my turret lasted as long as it did.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's so disappointing to go into a normal game and just be out-character'd, although a lot of this can be chalked up to bad hero choices. Not much you can do when your team chooses some random shit and locks in.

JAEF on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am so goddamn tired of jungle amumus.

Gonna ban amumu out of spite.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're all weiners

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jungle emumu is awesome.

Nisi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If the other team has a Jungle Amumu, get a jungle Olaf to wreck his shit

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was practising a new jungle build last night and can take dragon at level 4 with him now, it is awesome. I can't decide if I want to spend my last 1000RP on the emumu skin or wait for it to go on sale.

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm not a good Amumu because I can't take dragon at 4

I can with Mundo though

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    I was practising a new jungle build last night and can take dragon at level 4 with him now, it is awesome. I can't decide if I want to spend my last 1000RP on the emumu skin or wait for it to go on sale.

Mind sharing your wonderful emo secrets with us, Nisi? Teach me the ways of the mummy.
    And my advice is to wait for it to go on sale. Yes, you can have it now, or you can wait and have it and another skin for the same price when they're on sale. I basically just bought a bunch of RP and buy whatever skins are on sale for heroes I like (not all of them, just my favorites). Speaking of which, still no Olaf skin sale? Really?

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Is basically same build I always run except I changed from 9/21/0 to 0/21/9, and I found a more efficient kill order for the jungle creeps.

I run flat armor glyphs, dodge seals, magic pen marks, and fort quints. I am pretty sure you can swap out the dodge for health or clarity, but I have not tested and I prefer the dodge. As I said 0/21/9 masteries. For summoner spells choose smite and ghost.

This build is pretty much shamelessly stolen from a great amumu guide so I'll just paste it here. I change it a little as I don't find the initial ward necessary.
    Jungling [JUNG]

Before you start the game, make sure that you communicate with your team and make sure they know that you plan on jungling. The only reason you shouldn't jungle is if your team has a higher priority jungler like Warwick.

Start your game by buying a Cloth Armor, 2 health pots, and a Sight Ward. Once you've done that, put a point into Despair and GHOST, you heard me, down to the river and put down that ward at the entrance to the jungle. Why waste Ghost here? Simple, it gets you into position faster than anyone else on the map, saving you from running into a gank squad where you're far away from a tower. It'll be back up before you need it again. Now that you've effectively gank-proofed yourself, go into the bushes where Golem will spawn. The moment that golem's fat ass appears, run up, toggle Despair, and down a pot. Smite the golem for a quicker kill. You should be level 2 once you clear the camp, so grab Tantrum. Now run over and take down the nearby wolf camp then blue pill. Right now, you don't have the cash to buy anything, so heal up and run over to the wraith camp as fast as your stubby little legs will take you. When you've offed the wraiths, head on over to lizard. The same strategy against golem applies. Level Despair when you hit 3. Hit up the last camp and b again, you should be level 4 with level 2 Despair and level 2 Tantrum by now.

Buy yourself a Ruby Crystal and make sure you have 1-2 health pots, it's time to be MANLY. Pop Ghost and run up to dat dragon. You heard me, dragon. You know the drill: Despair, pot, Smite. Don't forget the occasional Tantrum for extra damage. Killing dragon will put you at level 5. Put a point into Bandage Toss and blue pill cause I don't care how badass you are, level 4 dragon takes it out of you. Now here comes the fun part. Run over to whatever lane is in the most trouble and just do stuff. Lane hop constantly, occasionally disappearing for the odd golem or lizard buff. Keep doing this until the enemy gets smart and starts sending out gank squads, propelling you into mid game.

One important note is if you do try dragon at 4, be sure you know where the enemy team is since you'll be very vulnerable to a gank.

Nisi on
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're all weiners

Constrictor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Constrictor someone yelled at me in solo queue that junglers were useless

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    Is basically same build I always run except I changed from 9/21/0 to 0/21/9, and I found a more efficient kill order for the jungle creeps.

I tried jungle Xin Zhao for the first time yesterday and went like 13-8 or something. My team was terrible but we still won because Xin is still OP as balls, just not quite so insane early game.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Vlad is more OP than Xin

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I won't play ranked w/o a Jungler. If no one does it, I pick Warwick or something.

Constrictor on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bah, I only ever seem to get jungling team mates whenever no one is particularly suited for a 1v2 lane setup.

My Rammus 1v2 against Trist+Zil was an exercise in pain and frustration, but nooo, Shaco had to go jungle (and yet still be level 3 by the time the rest of us were in our 7s and 8s).

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I won't play ranked w/o a Jungler. If no one does it, I pick Warwick or something.

I need to get better at counter jungling

I only seem to do it on accident right now rather than going in and fucking up their jungler

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love that Vlad is so polarizing, it makes me hold hope he will not get nerfed like I suspect he will. I have heard tons of people say Vlad is weak and needs to be improved and just as many say he is broken as hell OP'd.

I am in agreement with who ever it is who says tank Vlad is the best Vlad. <3 going HP Vlad vs AP Vlad in mid. most games the other guy will talk some trash about how my build is bad and I should l2p then I proceed to dominate the game and they ask me all sorts of questions after the game.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    softCactussoftCactus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I need to get better at counter jungling

I only seem to do it on accident right now rather than going in and fucking up their jungler

The real trick is to know most of the standard jungle routes and watch their CS through the Tab.

For instance a Amumu starting at blue will kill 3 at blue, 3 at the next camp, 4 at the camp after that and then move onto red. So generally he will do Red at 10 creep kills. (Assuming he didn't hop into a lane etc)

Other option is just to buy a ward, ambush blue when it spawns, if no one is there, ward it. Eventually the jungler will show up and you can gank (Assuming your in the neighboring lane)

If I want to play with you guys is there a channel in game or the PA vent? I looked at the op but didn't see anything other than the list of people to add. (I prolly just missed it)

softCactus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Giant stickied thread with the vent info

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    softCactussoftCactus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Giant stickied thread with the vent info

Apparently chrome thinks that site is harmful for my computer. Wonder why.

Got the vent info now, thanks.

softCactus on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok, I've got two questions and I'm pretty sure the answer to each is "no" but I'm gonna ask anyway.

1) Is it possible to stack multiple Banshee's Veils?
    2) Is it possible to stack multiple Guardian Angels?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I am so interested in this game. I have read most of the thread here and concluded that the learning curve is so impossibly steep and the community is so impossibly cruel that there is no fun to be had. I hope that real IDs and influx of new players in SC2 helps the ineveitable SC2 version of dota to be more accessible.

I want to play a dota D:

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok, I've got two questions and I'm pretty sure the answer to each is "no" but I'm gonna ask anyway.

1) Is it possible to stack multiple Banshee's Veils?
    2) Is it possible to stack multiple Guardian Angels?

No, the passives are unique.

Nisi on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pookiepoo wrote: »
    Man, I am so interested in this game. I have read most of the thread here and concluded that the learning curve is so impossibly steep and the community is so impossibly cruel that there is no fun to be had. I hope that real IDs and influx of new players in SC2 helps the ineveitable SC2 version of dota to be more accessible.

I want to play a dota D:

The Warcraft 3 DotA All-Stars has exactly the same learning curve as League of Legends. If you're wanting to get into a DotA style game, it doesn't matter which you pick-up because all of them have exactly the same learning curve.

And actually, each game has two separate learning curves. Let me explain what I mean by that statement.

The first learning curve pertains to all DotA style games. This is the general strategy curve and most of the skills and ideas transfer from one to another. This includes things like knowing how to engage the minions, enemy heroes, how and when to assault a tower, how to "last hit" minions to score money kills, and all sorts of other general play skills.

The second learning curve is game specific. To truly master these games, you must have a very clear understanding of how every hero in the game works. What their spells are. What their strengths and weaknesses are. What their general playstyle is. Then you must also learn all of the items. You must know what items do what and learn to adapt your item build for your chosen character on the fly, depending on the situation you face.

Basically, learning the game mechanics and learning the unique aspects of each game are two completely separate things.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The community is as bad as a free PvP internet game will get, but its populous enough that there are good people too.

There is an ignore list. Use it liberally and you can have fun. The worst is the afkers and leavers, which pretty much doom you to a loss unless you have opponents who wear pants on their head, which is just not likely enough to save you. In the long haul it will balance out as the other side isn't immune to the same issue.

There is a learning curve, and I'm sure as hell still on the early side of it, but if you played Warcraft 3 at all, it will feel fairly familiar and you'll pick it up. The hard part is learning what all 55 heroes can do and what to avoid, there's still several characters I've never seen once, either for or against. Been playing casually for about a month now.

Menasor on
    Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I tried out some of the suggestions for my Veigar game last night. Only thing I would really change I think is that I would like to put more into his E earlier on. The enemy seems to like to go Mercury treads and as such it really makes my cage a bit useless if I only have 1 or 2 points in it. But having 4 points in it makes it much more sticky.

I love the ability to cage someone and essentially alpha strike them with all my abilities and watch them explode. The only thing is that my ability to use the cage is sub par. I try to catch them on th edge of it but my timing is a bit off still.

That and I am horrible at creep farming early game. I'm going to stick with him because he is fun and having a decent CC character is never a bad idea.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png