As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AustraliaPAX 2011 - CONFIRMATIONS CLOSED!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also it means that now with the Greens and the Liberals outright opposing it it will be boned in the senate which allows you to vote whoever you lowerhouse if you were originally intending on voting for an independent in the senate.

Blake T on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    clearly the solution is to have Wimble in the front and Dave lying down in the back

the back will be filled with luggage!

#pipe on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Never underestimate how fun a ride in the boot is.
    Or how dumb it is.
    Footwell is just as good.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm on the roof.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think you guys are underestimating the amount of luggage we'll be dealing with here.

clothes and supplies for 8 nights for three larger dudes plus an entire band worth of rockband instruments and an old school PS3

we'll be lucky if there's not stuff in each footwell too

#pipe on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Didn't you have a WRX wagon #pipe?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    no no I had a non-WRX impreza sedan

but now I have a Mazda 3 SP25 hatch
    it's got some cargo space, but not a heck of a lot.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice upgrade! You know that can tow a small box trailer, right? Do you have a towball fitted to it? Dudes who are cabbing with you could all chip in together to hire a trailer ($80), then you could fit four dudes and all they luggage and shit.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At that stage we would need to hire it for the full time we are there.

It would probably be more than 80 bucks.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I might be able to help. My preliminary search of flights indicated it might be cheapest and easiest to fly direct to Brisbane, which would get me in around 7-8am on Saturday Morning. Clear customs, pick up car, we could still be on the road quite early; alternatively, some of the stuff can go into the back of my rental to share luggage (instruments?) across the two cars.

This is still pre-flight confirmation and planning, etc, but I thought I'd put it out as a potential option.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fishman wrote: »
    I might be able to help. My preliminary search of flights indicated it might be cheapest and easiest to fly direct to Brisbane, which would get me in around 7-8am on Saturday Morning. Clear customs, pick up car, we could still be on the road quite early; alternatively, some of the stuff can go into the back of my rental to share luggage (instruments?) across the two cars.

This is still pre-flight confirmation and planning, etc, but I thought I'd put it out as a potential option.

Oh man, you guys could meet me at my place and we could convoy. I was thinking 10/11 would be a good leaving time anyway since we can't check in until early afternoon. and you could follow me since I know the trip inside out.

that would be awesome.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    WHERE'S MY FUCKING iPHONE, VODAFONE?

YOU PROMISED IT'D BE DELIVERED TODAY

YOU'VE GOT 3 HOURS BEFORE I GO HOME YOU MOTHERFUCKS BETTER GET TO IT

#pipe on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am still waiting for my tax refund. It's been a month! I suppose that means some sort of checking/reviewing is happening; so I should not expect money, but instead a black van will pull up alongside me in the street, and men in suits will scramble out, put a bag over my head, and bundle me away to the ATO dungeons.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I did my tax yesterday.

because of HECS and because my boss hasn't been taking out enough each fortnight, I was supposed to owe 1,700

instead my accountant is a wizard and now I'm getting a fat $122 cheque.

small victories dudes.

#pipe on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The tax law subject at uni is in fact where they ship you off to wizard school.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fraudicus deductionum!

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It'd be cool getting money back and all but I prefer not having to worry about doing taxes. It all just gets deducted from my wages and I never owe/am owed anything.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This is what happens here also, except if you buy things you can often claim it back and get refunded part of the money.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    I think you guys are underestimating the amount of luggage we'll be dealing with here.

clothes and supplies for 8 nights for three larger dudes plus an entire band worth of rockband instruments and an old school PS3

we'll be lucky if there's not stuff in each footwell too

Pshhhhhhhhh.
    I could still fit in lockers at highschool when I finished.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, anyone can fit one body into a locker. Try fitting three dead hookers in there. I always needed a saw and crowbar.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My favourite word in that post is 'always'.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Our lockers at school were tiny.

They weren't full length.

They were more like one third length.

Blake T on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Our lockers were narrow but deep. Mostly we didn't end up using them.

One kid left his tomato in there for about 3 years. Dear christ when we opened up that carcophagus no one was the same again.

I seen things man, things you ain't never gonn' believe

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I means you can only leave your favourite parts of the hooker in your locker.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So just the waist below?

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Using a locker at my school was like asking for someone to ruin your day. We had hundreds of the things, ranging from shoebox to cricket kit size, but 95% of them went empty. Those that were used were frequent targets of vandalism; if someone wasn't breaking the wooden ones, then people were gumming the keyed padlocks. About once a year, someone would break in on a weekend and half a dozen would be targetted for theft of everything inside.

Fishman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »

One kid left his tomato in there for about 3 years. Dear christ when we opened up that carcophagus no one was the same again.

like that one episode of Cowboy Bebop

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »

like that one episode of Cowboy Bebop

This

Exactly fucking like this.

Pipe I am totally bringing the entire series and the movie to AusPAX

Gatsby on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just got my leave approved for AusPAX.

This thing is happening.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fishman wrote: »
    Using a locker at my school was like asking for someone to ruin your day. We had hundreds of the things, ranging from shoebox to cricket kit size, but 95% of them went empty. Those that were used were frequent targets of vandalism; if someone wasn't breaking the wooden ones, then people were gumming the keyed padlocks. About once a year, someone would break in on a weekend and half a dozen would be targetted for theft of everything inside.
    Oh no! Not the educational material!

(I never left anything of value in mine)

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    you do that Gatsby

although I'll probably wanna watch Mushroom Samba and that one with the cowboy.

This one's good too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4A0vXxHUM

#pipe on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh my Cowboy Bebop.

The only animu DVDs I have on my shelves at home. Haven't watched it in a few years now...

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't want much animus, but I have watched Cowboy Bebop.

It was pretty good, but it didn't really seem to live up to all the hype it gets, not to me at least.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Our lockers at school were tiny.

They weren't full length.

They were more like one third length.

For reference I could fit into those until age 15 or 16. Can't remember which. The ones I could still probably fit in are the half height ones with two equally spaced shelves inside.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Figure I'll ask here too since I know at least two people who read this thread have SC2. Anyone on SEA want a game ? I'm in the mood for some 1v1s. Playing zerg.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So when I first ordered my new iPhone, they said it'd be "about three days" until it was delivered. Then three days turned into 5. Then the guy on the phone guaranteed I'd have it today.

So when I didn't get it today I sat on hold for 3 fucking hours, getting cut off and having to start again twice and nobody was able to help me

So I called again, this time to fucking complain, and they assured me that the people who gave me earlier delivery estimates were mistaken and the demand had been very high and it might arrive next week (while I'm in Perth), but no promises.

Someone come here and put on this vodafone tshirt so I can choke you

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I might have my phone next week.

Maybe.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I hear Vodafone has been pretty lacklustre in its customer service and delivery regarding the iPhone 4. Though it's hit and miss. One person I know got their phone pretty much within a day or two of ordering, another person tried to order one and was pretty much ignored for some reason or other. Welp.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    it's upsetting because vodafone have been so good to me since I switched to them

but they are really dropping the ball here. just completely unwilling to help me.

#pipe on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got a ticket to go see Neil Gaiman tomorrow night at Graphic. :D times a million.

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.