Options

[DnD 4e PbP] The Serpent Swallows its Tail (IC)

• Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Smoove:
    You don't sense any sort of divine power or influence behide what your "Mysterious Character" can do.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zan, did you spend 3 surges in this fight already, PLUS the 4 you just spent?? You were at 8/8 at the beginning of the fight from the extended rest overnight.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, extended rest. 4 surges, 7 left.

Squints on
  • Options
    Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    (Even better, that means that Rolan gets the satisfaction of saying it, and Zan doesn't know it was said to him)

Rolan distributes the riches evenly among the three companion he met in town. Holding onto the shares of the new comers until a little more is known about them.

Religion: 1d20+9 = 26
    I remember Boccob wears star studded underwear

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    religion = 10..woo big money, vanna!

"Now that no one seems to be in any immediate danger of dying, I will happily introduce myself, and expect the same from you. My name is Amos Dawnherald. I hail from the Temple of Amanautor in Baldur's Gate. I was sent on a pilgrimage to bring Amanautor's divine law to the far reaches of the world and to root out and destroy lawlessness and chaos wherever I find it. I was doing just that when these heathen beasts took me captive. While I am extremely grateful that Amanautor saw fit to deliver me allies to defeat the goblins, I was just about to spring my trap upon them when you arrived, and I am confident I would have defeated them. Now let me inquire about you and your band, especially him." Amos says, pointing an accusatory finger at the mysterious robed figure. "Specifically, I need to know who you are, who you represent, the details of your contract or contracts with them, and why you are here."

While he was talking, Amos picked up his mace from one of the fallen goblins, careful to maintain eye contact with the Genasi he was addressing.

Smoove Operator on
    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rolan: (and anyone else who makes a 20+ check)
    A phrase that your escaped green friend uttered at the beginning of your last fight stuck in your mind. "Maglubiyet no allow"

From your extensive studies in the Elven libraries of your youth you remember this name. Maglubiyet was once the prime diety of the goblinoid races. He held the titles of: Fiery-Eyes, the Mighty One, the High Chieftain, the Lord of Depths and Darkness, and the Battle Lord.

After the recent issues in the heavens, Grummsh subjugated many of the other savage humanoid races. It is rumored that he cast Maglubiyet out of the heavens back to earth as his exarch among the goblinoids.

Maglubiyet is described as being a black skinned giant of a goblin (over 10 feet tall) with flaming eyes, powerfully muscled arms, and sharp talons. It is said that he wields a mighty coal-black battleaxe that eternally drips blood.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This could be bad

"So, I may have some news as to what is going on here, and why the goblins need the dagger. But first formalities...I am Rolan, wizard to this apparent party of estranged and eclectic group of adventurers. It is a pleasure to meet you Amos, but one thing has escaped me, and you'll forgive me for asking because I wasn't one of the first to...fall to your rescue. But what exactly was your trap for these beasts, and how did you plan to spring it?" Rolan bow politely as he offers his questions, but stresses the appropriate words to convey a slight disbelief that Amos had everything under control.

P.S.
    Maglubiyet sound dreamy what with him being so tall, with strong powerful muscled arms, and super-intense flaming eyes! :winky:

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    WoogityWoogity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rising from the knee he had seen fit to rest upon following the last goblin's rapture, Radulus pipes up. " Greetings Sir, I am Radulus Anvilspit, you may call me Rad. Your assistance, as well as yours..." he states gesturing towards the shadowy figure. "...has been most fortuitous.

Hefting his hammer onto his shoulder and walking towards the shadowy newcomer, the silver rune at his forehead flickers back into existence. Holding out a hand in greeting he continues "...I believe we owe you a debt of gratitude Sir, your tactic for handling that spell-caster was most helpful... may I inquire as to whom I owe this debt?"

spend 2 surges to get to 26/30

Woogity on
    Rad Anvilspit hp 23/29 surge value 7 surges 1/10 17:ac 16:fort 12: ref 13: will

Henry Teach, human cutthroat

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    KorsahnKorsahn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Religion: 24
    Spend 2 surges, taking me to full HP and 6/8

Taking a few deep breaths and a whispered prayer, Kallas feels renewed. Stowing his iron rod and using his staff to lean on he moves to encompass everyone in his view. Watching Rolan with amusement, and a little worry, he studies the man who aids the Genasi next. Sensing a familiarity and recalling the man's actions during the battle, he listens to his words patiently, Albreck scurrying onto his shoulder now the danger has passed.
    After the speech, Kallas smiles gently, his slightly creased face crinkling more and he addresses the cleric warmly, producing his symbol of devotion as evidence of, literally, good faith,
    "Friend, a follower of Amaunator is a welcome sight as any the world over! I am Kallas, called Sunbringer by some, and I also follow the ways of the Morninglord."
    At this he speaks a pray to Amaunator, common to many temples.
    By the grace of light,
    And light of grace,
    We follow your hand,
    Enlightening the land.

"I understand trust must not come easily, though I shall not conjecture on your ability to have defeated the gathered goblins. The companions I arrived with are adventurers like myself, and have proven their commitments to the law. I beg you trust them and I.
    However, I share your curiosity as to our equally new accomplice. Speak, shadow-son. Though your methods are akin to those of the Mistress of the Night, your assistance is appreciated and I will grant you the benefit of my doubt."

Korsahn on
  • Options
    MidrealmDMMidrealmDM Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Religion Check
    Religion: 1d20+2 21
    Wow - Aparently Toman remembers something about demonology, not that he cares.

The warlock sidles eastward still eyeing the ladder.
    "Me? I'm nobody really, just passing through... You know how it is when you visit new locations, its always hard digging up new friends." The warlock starts to laugh at his own joke, but stops himself the smile fading from his lips.
    "Look I don't want any trouble. I've had my share of problems from people like you before." He points at Amos, "You've got a direct line to Amanautor, thats great for you, but some of us got tied to a different benefactor. I've done things I regret but I'm stuck with the way things are, and trying to make the best of it. I should've left when I first saw those goblins haul your casgen bendithio down here. But instead I 've been hagning around trying to figure a way to get you out.
    "I've always suspected it would come down to some was sanctaidd of light trying to take me down. I'm not afraid of dying at your hands if that's what you want! I'm ready to face death, I've been through worse, believe me. The only thing I'm afraid of is..."
    He sighs heavily, "Anyway, as for the rest of these guys, they don't know me, and I don't know them. So don't let my affliction taint your judgement of them."

He sheathes his ebon blade and kicks absentmindedly at a bit of loose rock.

"Name's Toman... Toman Cincer," he mutters toward Radulus, "and thanks."
    Rhymes with Roman Censer

Elven:
    casgen bendithio = blessed ass
    was sanctaidd = holy servent

MidrealmDM on
    Toman Cincer - Dark Pack Warlock
    HP: 18/29 | Surge Value: 7 (7/7) | AP 1/1
    AC 15 | Fort 13 | Ref 15 | Will 16
    Insight: 16 | Perception: 19
    Condition: Concealment until EoMNT, +2 Bonus to all Def until EoMNT
    Darkspiral Aura: 0
    Cursed: Drake, Boss
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A little confused by the shadow man's talk Kallas stutters.

"I...I...look, before you get the wrong impression, I, for one, am not going to attack you. You have the grace of law and Amaunator as one reason, and the fact you assisted us gives me leave to trust you more than an owlbear's beak is short."
    At this Albreck leaps off Kallas' shoulder, scurrying towards the man, licking at the shadowy air.
    Watching his lizard friend serenely assess the jittery man, he feels somewhat calmed and, unbeknownst to him, his eyes flare pure white for a moment, and he speaks again.

"I, as Radulus does, will offer you my hand in friendship."

He steps forward, arm outstretched.

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Toman frowns suspiciously, but hesitantly takes Kallas's hand and the hand of Radulus and any other who profer their frindship. He breaks into a broad grin.

The man is very young, not even showing any sign of a beard. You would guess in his early twenties at the oldest, and that is being generous.

He sighs once again, "I appologize, for my words. I have traveled far, coming from Aglarond, beyond the Sea of Fallen Stars. What little manners I had as a child were stunted by my dealings in Thay and in my travels I have always been alone...or persecuted," he adds as a whisper before continuing. "I have forgotten how to be both gracious and civil when dealing with others."

He bows his head, but keeps his eyes turned toward Amos as he does so.

"Toman Cincer, warlock of the shadows and ambassador of Kelemvor."

He raises his head and speaks, clapping his hands on the shoulders of his newfound allies, "I would be please to call you friends... mighty Radulus ... noble Kallas... curious Rolan..."
    Toman smiles at the genasi gripping him gently by the shoulders, "and even you my lightning infused fellow!"

He finally turns toward Amos and opens his arms wide as if to embrace the cleric -

Insight DC 21 reveals...
    Although his face shows a smile, his eyes seem to be hiding a great deal of pain and sorrow. You guess there is more to this young man's past than he has stated here.
    Religion DC 10 lets you know...
    Kelemvor - unaligned deity of the dead - enemy of undead, battler of necromancy
    I'd like to see Amos's response before going further

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    With a wave Rolan's mage hand winks into existence and offers to shake Toman's hand as well. The elf himself appears to still be investigating the pedestal for any signs of the arcane arts that he is becoming more and more familiar with.

Arcana: 1d20+11 = 22

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zan folds his arms, "I'm Zan-kyri. We've been following a band of Goblins that stole some sort of dagger that was burgled by a wizard from a burrow... of the Ogre King. The goblin also killed some townspeople, so we have been paid to exact justice."

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I notice not! 8 and 12

Noting the newcomer's youth, smiles warmly at the handshake.
    At Zan-kyri's terse reply, he adds, "If you know of anything regarding to these, please tell us."
    He nods, then turns to Amos.
    "Amos, what temple did you study in? I've travelled far in my years and been to many. Perhaps I know yours?"

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    " Yes. any assistance is most welcome, and you Sir, Amos...how again did you come into the goblin's care?"he states with a deadpan stare on his face as if barely paying attention.

Insight on Amos's reply22. Rad doesn't like accusatory fingers, unless they point towards orcs XD.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am going to try and post this in the least disjoint way I can think of. If it doesn't make sense chronologically well then...get over it.
    "I'm Zan-kyri. We've been following a band of Goblins that stole some sort of dagger that was burgled by a wizard from a burrow... of the Ogre King. The goblin also killed some townspeople, so we have been paid to exact justice."

"Well met, Zan-kyri. These goblins seem to have some history of malfeasance. Burglary, murder, abduction...seems to me that justice needs to be done here. I will gladly lend you my assistance, assuming that you will have me of course." With that he extends his hand to the Genasi.
    "Friend, a follower of Amaunator is a welcome sight as any the world over! I am Kallas, called Sunbringer by some, and I also follow the ways of the Morninglord...I understand trust must not come easily, though I shall not conjecture on your ability to have defeated the gathered goblins. The companions I arrived with are adventurers like myself, and have proven their commitments to the law. I beg you trust them and I."

"Always refreshing to see another of Amaunator's chosen, Kallas Sunbringer. Speaking with Zan-Kyri has proven to me that this band seeks to uphold the order, and you can rest assured that you have found an ally in me. Same goes for you, Radulus, you have a friend."

Amos then directs his attention to the elf.
    "So, I may have some news as to what is going on here, and why the goblins need the dagger. But first formalities...I am Rolan, wizard to this apparent party of estranged and eclectic group of adventurers. It is a pleasure to meet you Amos, but one thing has escaped me, and you'll forgive me for asking because I wasn't one of the first to...fall to your rescue. But what exactly was your trap for these beasts, and how did you plan to spring it?"

"Always a pleasure to meet an elf. I chose to receive formal training in your people's language at the temple back home, its a fascinating culture. Rolan, was it? I harbor no ill will, but I would ask that you keep your sharp tongue sheathed when addressing me from this point on. The details of my plan are known only to Amanautor, whom I trust completely to have delivered me from the beasts had your party not stumbled upon me."

Finally, Amos turns his attention to Toman.

"I apologize for my tone regarding you earlier. You just seemed...shifty. Experience has taught me that only the guilty are shifty. Hearing more about you lends me some insight into your discomfort. Let's start at the beginning, shall we? You aided in my rescue, had compassion for me when I was taken by the goblins and put down your weapon when the goblins were dead. I have no personal reason to harm you. You seem distrusting of my brethren in general, is there a reason for that, perhaps? Amanautor offers the divine law, completely fair in all its dealings, if you have broken no law you have nothing to fear from my patron or myself."
    Religion check:
    1d20+6=26

"You looked concerned when you mentioned that you serve Kelemvor. Death is the natural end to life. Kelemvor is often is executioner to Amanautor's sentence. We can both agree that death is fair, if nothing else. We may have more in common than you think, young Toman...as long as you have nothing to hide."

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Rolan:
    Examining the disc does not provide much more insight to you. The language of the writing is not one you can understand. You do sense arcane magic at play within the disc, however. Your guess would put the effects at either teleportation or some type of immediate travel, or invisibility.

Give me history checks for anyone taking a peek at the disc.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rolan contemplates the history of dirt.

History: 1d20+4 = 5

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dirt: It's healthy to eat. Very nutritious. You should shove some in your mouth right now.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Im sure Amos has a second to glance at it

1d20+1=11

On a side note, I saw that Zan used 4 surges just now, how is everybody on surges? I can re-allocate the party's surges if need be.

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Kallas notices Rolan, rummaging through the dirt around the disc and, with a smile, walks over.

"Angen cymorth?" He asks in the elf's native tongue.
    "Need a hand?"
    History: A mighty...6
    Do I get a bonus for knowing not 1 but 2 of the languages that share a script with it? :P

However, in all the excitement, Kallas also finds the dirt interesting...

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Finally, Amos turns his attention to Toman.

"I apologize for my tone regarding you earlier. You just seemed...shifty. Experience has taught me that only the guilty are shifty. Hearing more about you lends me some insight into your discomfort. Let's start at the beginning, shall we? You aided in my rescue, had compassion for me when I was taken by the goblins and put down your weapon when the goblins were dead. I have no personal reason to harm you. You seem distrusting of my brethren in general, is there a reason for that, perhaps? Amanautor offers the divine law, completely fair in all its dealings, if you have broken no law you have nothing to fear from my patron or myself."

Toman lets his arms drop to his sides, "No nothing to hide - at least nothing the law need to be concerned about. The power that dwells within me comes from the darkest heart of the Shadowfell, and many of your brethren have reacted agressively toward me for it." Toman chuckles, "Though to be honest, I cannot say for certain if they were followers of Amaunator, Torm, or some other deity of righteousness. For after a while of dodging the light, even a single candle seems as a mighty bonfire.
    "As for being 'shifty' as you say, I have my curse and I use it how I can. Whereas you have the light and use it to drive away the darkness, I stride on the edge of the darkness and turn it back against those who seek to bring harm to the innocent. I hearken no crticism of the powers I wield, and will continue to use them for as long as I can or dare.
    "You looked concerned when you mentioned that you serve Kelemvor. Death is the natural end to life. Kelemvor is often is executioner to Amanautor's sentence. We can both agree that death is fair, if nothing else. We may have more in common than you think, young Toman...as long as you have nothing to hide."

"Oh my! No, Kelemvor shares my views, or rather I his. My regret is that I did not find his teachings soon enough and bound myself with bargains that I did not truly understand. And adding worse bargains upon bad brought me to the point where I now stand. Empowered with a dark and damned soul, I hold the shadows within me at bay; releasing them upon those whom I deem deserving of their fury. If you care to hear the whole of the story, I shall tell you, when time permits."

History check
    History on Disc: 1d20+2 12
    Its a... umm round stone?
    Is it too late to say I'm trying to providing assistance? And can you provide assistance on a Knowledge check?

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Perhaps later, Toman. For now it may be best that I know as little about your past as possible. There are rules in place that govern what entities should and should not be communed with. I fear I may be bound by my oaths if I know too much of your bargains."
    "Amos, what temple did you study in? I've travelled far in my years and been to many. Perhaps I know yours?"

"I was trained in the officially sanctioned Temple of Amanautor in Baldur's Gate. I am currently in training to become an Inquisitor, but I fear I have a long way to go yet. I heard your prayer earlier, and am unfamiliar with it, where were you trained? Our standard invokation in Baldur's Gate is:

Learn the law and live it; obey its every letter and clause, for in knowledge of the intracacies of law lies freedom to act with righteous impunity. Keep track of the decisions of your superiors so that the body of precedent continues to grow and the unity of purpose of the rulings of Amaunator is made manifest to all. Serve your superiors faithfully, and they will reward you faithfully; shirk your duty and find the harsh hand of reproof."
    " Yes. any assistance is most welcome, and you Sir, Amos...how again did you come into the goblin's care?

"Like I said, good Radulus, I am on a pilgrammage as part of my training. I was far between towns, in the lawless wilderness, when my food supplies ran low. I was weak and malnourished. I was tracking a deer I had wounded when the beasts overtook me. Which does remind me, would it be terribly rude to ask for some food? I did not learn much about wilderness survival at the temple, and I am afraid it was nearly my downfall. Either way it has been a very long time since my last meal.."

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Which does remind me, would it be terribly rude to ask for some food? I did not learn much about wilderness survival at the temple, and I am afraid it was nearly my downfall. Either way it has been a very long time since my last meal.."

Toman slips of his leather rucksack, sets it on the ground, and begins rumaging through it, "I have a only a few days food left myself, but it is easy to share. I've gone hungry before and can do so again if need be. There are worse things in life. Besides I'm sure there are plenty of things we could dig up to eat around here." Toman grins and giggles as he tosses a hard-tack roll and piece of dried pork to Amos, "I've also got a fresh onion and a somewhat rotten apple," he holds both out. "Take your pick"

BTW: For those who eventually ask of Toman's past it is posted here

He turns his head to Rolan and the others examining the stone, "So, what pernicious perversions are present on this puzzling pedastal?"

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Turning from the disc, from which he had gleaned nothing of use, he contemplates Amos' prayer.
    "Interesting... Baldur's Gate you say?" A thin, almost rueful smile plays across his face and a hint of sadness enters his voice, "I've travelled far, been beset by various creatures and seen rogues unite against a decadent noble. The law of Amaunator which I learned was of humility, fairness and understanding..."
    He trails off.

I fear our lord might be my only connection to this...totalitarian... he thinks to himself, his face crinkling with barely contained disappointment and sadness.

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rolan stands up and snaps his fingers casting a minor Prestidigitation spell to clean his clothes from all the dirt he was sifting through.

"Well while I'm not entirely sure of the nature of the stone, I can tell that our little goblin friend who got away mentioned the name, 'Maglubiyet'.
    The spoiler is just a copy & paste of what Snow stated earlier, think of it as if Rolan is telling you. Just here incase somebody didn't read it earlier...
    Maglubiyet was once the prime diety of the goblinoid races. He held the titles of: Fiery-Eyes, the Mighty One, the High Chieftain, the Lord of Depths and Darkness, and the Battle Lord.

After the recent issues in the heavens, Grummsh subjugated many of the other savage humanoid races. It is rumored that he cast Maglubiyet out of the heavens back to earth as his exarch among the goblinoids.

Maglubiyet is described as being a black skinned giant of a goblin (over 10 feet tall) with flaming eyes, powerfully muscled arms, and sharp talons. It is said that he wields a mighty coal-black battleaxe that eternally drips blood.
    From what I can guess is that these goblin are prehaps trying to ressurect him, or help him regain his power. The only thing I can really tell about the disc is that it might do one, of two things: Either
    1: Teleportation or some other type of immediate travel, or
    2: invisibility
    beyond that I am not sure."

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    From what I can guess is that these goblin are prehaps trying to ressurect him, or help him regain his power. The only thing I can really tell about the disc is that it might do one, of two things: Either Teleportation or some other type of immediate travel, or invisibility. beyond that I am not sure."

Toman repacks his rucksack, "I'm inclined to agree, but If the hexer was invisible, it would probably have channeled its power into the cloud to keep it active until it made good its escape. Since those doors never opened, the only way out was that ladder. So either the hexer was smarter than I think it was, or the stone teleported it. In either case we can assume it will be bringing reinforcements."

He stands up and walks over toward the doors. "As far as Meglabutt, I've heard of that one, maybe they intended to sacrifice the Cyhoeddwr Dydd over here." he gestures toward Amos.
    "Goblins don't normally keep prisoners alive long," he intones absentmindedly as he examines the doors closely, "usually they just eat them on the spot."

Toman turns back toward Amos, "When they held you captive did they say anything? Or did you get a chance to see whats through these doors?"

Perception vs. Doors
    Elven translation
    Herald of the Day

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Amos was never brought to any part of the complex other than this room. There was a goblin who seemed to be some type of leader who came out briefly when he was brought down (a few hours before you guys "fell" upon him...sorry couldn't resist the pun). He was dressed in shamanistic looking garb and had mud and various paints all over his body in intricate patterns.

Toman:
    The doors appear to be made entirely of stone, thick, and seemingly pretty darned heavy. They appear to pivot in place and are not hung on any type of hinge. If you had to guess, you'd say it was dwarven stonework, but that's just a hunch.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I leave our next move in the hands of you gentlemen, I am feeling far less knowledgeable on the subject than you all." he says a small flicker running through his rune he follows it up "....I may not know goblins, but orcs seem to like to rape before they eat...maybe goblins do too...?" he muses with a deadpan look on his face and his typical 1000 yard stare.

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Gives new meaning to 'love of food', don't you think?" Toman crouches at the door trying to peer through any cracks before turning his head and listening intently. Sighing and shaking his head, he stands up again; the stone door seems to block all sounds.

Listen check

MidrealmDM on
    Campaign Languages
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Standing from the dais, Kallas ponders for a moment.
    "If our guess is correct, in that this is a teleportation disc...perhaps using it would be our best lead?"

Korsahn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zan strides over to the disc, "Perhaps I have seen something similar to this before."

History: 1d20+9 18

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, just read over "Aid Another" action and nothing says you can't aid another on a knowledge check....therefore.

Toman looks over the disc, sees the lettering and it sparks a memory, he mutters something under his breath containing the word "Ammarindar"

The moment that Zan-Kyri catches the word, an excerpt from a book he read ages ago on ancient dwarven kingdoms flooded back into his head.

"The Ammarindar dwarves were rumored to be able to cross their empire instantaneously. The secret of how they did this has been lost to time, though."

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All this talk of raping and eating was making Amos feel very uncomfortable. To take his mind off what might have been, he walks over to the door that Toman was inspecting and tried his hand at unpacking the puzzle.
    Dungeoneering:
    1d20+4= 10

Smoove Operator on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    "As much as I enjoy standing around how about we do something." With that Rolan uses his mage hand to grab a rock and place it on top of the disc, pressing down with all the weight his magical hand can.

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Same info for smoove.....looks dwarven, heavy, pivots, thick and sturdy.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "The Ammarindar dwarves were rumored to be able to cross their empire instantaneously. The secret of how they did this has been lost to time, though."

Passive insight = 15

"Perhaps this is a device that could make us travel quite a ways away. The questions are 1: where does it come out, and 2: would it help us on our quest?"

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As the others scurry about testing the disc and inspecting the door, Radulus silently wanders the area searching for any sort of instruction on how to operate the disc or unlock the large door.

" Yes....the Dwarves are a masterful race, such a contraption seems within the realm of possibility..."

19 perception for Instructions ( I can read Dwarven btw if it helps)

Woogity on

the game assassino_O
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Radulus:
    While the letters on the disc are of the Dwarven alphabet, the words they form aren't even words, they're completely nonsensical. As for the door, it looks like you push. There is no lock or handle apparent.

Snowdown on