Options

Phalla Royale - The Testing (Discussion Time)

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I believe the process for choosing the bags and the process for choosing the Lone Wolf were different, so that role could theoretically have any of the starting weapons. Also, I am fairly sure that tofu does indeed have a weapon, though you might not be able to see it at the moment.

I don't remember where to find this information, but the Lone Wolf has to use his free kill on someone in his zone, right?

Locus on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I don't remember where to find this information, but the Lone Wolf has to use his free kill on someone in his zone, right?

I think the OP says so but this leads to game breaking problem #1... each zone lists out it's residents tonight. Everybody moves so it's not a big deal with the amount of truces going on around here. Whichever zone the Lone Wolf's victim is from will have 2 or 3 people who definitely include the Wolf.

Unless the game ends before night 4 the wolf dies. In a larger game that'd be generalized as (Number of players)/(Number of zones) on average.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I believe the process for choosing the bags and the process for choosing the Lone Wolf were different, so that role could theoretically have any of the starting weapons. Also, I am fairly sure that tofu does indeed have a weapon, though you might not be able to see it at the moment.

That's correct. His free kill has to target someone the same way any other weapon works, which is someone you see in your zone. The only difference is, the free kill will get the target in the zone where the LW saw him.

Example: LW, Ardor and Drez are in zone 12.
    Ardor moves to zone 13.
    Drez moves to zone 14.
    LW free kills Ardor and uses shotgun on Drez.

Anyone who moves into zone 13 that night sees a dead Ardor.
    Anynoe who moves into zone 14 that night sees the LW (player name) kill drez by shotgun.

Just so you know, for the free kill the LW gets? Nobody sees it happen, but the person will die by a weapon carried by the LW or he will appear strangled.

If the LW is carrying a sword, shotgun and axe, he can choose how the player he free killed meets his death. So in the above example, people who find Ardor can find him axed, sliced or shot. Depends on how the LW wanted him to appear.

Ardor on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So even if there was a fourth person in zone thirteen that night, s/he wouldn't see the LW kill Ardor?

Hmm. An interesting refinement of this game might just be the lone wolf (or 2 or 3 or whatever) vs all. Sort of a survival/horror thing. A bit different, but...

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I've got to go grab some sleep, but can anybody find a downside to all the normal villagers disclosing their current zone/people they see tonight? Since we can all move from anywhere to anywhere each night it won't help people who want a specific person dead and it should rapidly narrow down our choices as to who the wolf could possibly be.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Low and behold some jerk voted for me.

That's "lo and behold", no 'w'.

Squashua on
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor, my length of wire is described as being undetectable, but 2 people have seen me with it. Did I misunderstand my intro?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    Ardor, my length of wire is described as being undetectable, but 2 people have seen me with it. Did I misunderstand my intro?

I sent you a pm on this, if I'm wrong, please correct me via pm.

I'm pretty sure there's only one weapon that nobody can detect on you.

EDIT: Re: Locus on the topic of lone wolf choosing versus bag. I used RNG to decide the LW, so the LW can end up with any of the bags to start.

Re: DA on the topic of the LW. He does start with an item as everyone else does.

Ardor on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Consider dropping it grimmy? You better drop it. Because if I see another report of you walking around with such dangerous equipment I am gonna vote to have you head popped clean off.

I'd rather save my vote for the sadist amongst us, but I wont mind blowing you up before you blow the rest of us up.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I've got to go grab some sleep, but can anybody find a downside to all the normal villagers disclosing their current zone/people they see tonight? Since we can all move from anywhere to anywhere each night it won't help people who want a specific person dead and it should rapidly narrow down our choices as to who the wolf could possibly be.
    While it sounds like a good idea, if it's coupled with a universal cease-fire it'll be a boring second night.

How would it narrow down who the lone wolf is? What's stopping the lone wolf from saying what zone he is in and everyone he sees? Also, I am sure there are items that will work better/more efficiently if a degree of stealth and reservation is employed.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »
    Low and behold some jerk voted for me.

That's "lo and behold", no 'w'.

You're a dead man.

Yes Grimmy does have dynamite in zone 4. Asking him to drop it seems like an asshole thing to do though, what if its his only weapon?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey Ardor, how close are we to having all the actions for Day 2?

Half of the players have given me their actions as of right now. Once I get the rest of the actions, I will put up Day 2 narration and send out the updates.

EDIT: 5 more actions and we'll get moving.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, we've got a threeway tie for first right now, which means that three heads will explode if no one else votes. Not exactly the best thing ever, is it?

I !vote for...um...tofu, since I don't really care to anger the bearer of dynamite.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'd rather save my vote for the sadist amongst us, but I wont mind blowing you up before you blow the rest of us up.
    You know, that the picture you picked - Kazuo Kiriyama - he's the "Lone Wolf" of the movie.

lol shit really? I picked it at random, been forever since I saw the movie. If anything that should say I'm not the LW, because well, that would draw a silly amount of attention to myself. Also, wasnt there two LWs in the movie?

Asking him to drop it might be an 'asshole' move but this is a game about killing people and staying alive. Aslong as he is holding that weapon of mass destruction I will be an asshole to him until he disarms himself of it or dies.

I !vote tofu aswell to help minimize the number of posible heads being popped. Sorry tofu, its the only way to be safe.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, he'll either drop it or he won't. No one will find out until tomorrow so we might as well just let it rest until then.

I have no problem with a !vote for tofu. I don't trust him and his undetectable weapon.

Locus on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tofu needs to stay away

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote tofu because he seems to be hiding something, and hey the unseen blade goes in the back or however that saying goes.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It is indeed my only weapon. I'll drop it anyway, though, so as to avoid being murdered on night one. I just wanted to be sure that it would be lost in the closing of zone four, and that I didn't just hand it to somebody else.

Oh, and I !vote for DarkPrimus for ratting me out. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    dynomiteea5.jpg

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Just waiting on 2 more people, then I put post narration etc.

EDIT: If anyone wishes to have more time to work with their team, let me know via pm or in this thread and we can wait until everynoe is ready. Otherwise, I'll move to day 3 once everyone's actions are in.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    lol shit really? I picked it at random, been forever since I saw the movie. If anything that should say I'm not the LW, because well, that would draw a silly amount of attention to myself. Also, wasnt there two LWs in the movie?
    Hm. This your first Phalla here at PA?

Oboro's first ODaM Phalla included him (her?) using outside sources to psychologically profile the other players, in an attempt to pick out ideal targets. It worked pretty well.

There's something to be said for hiding in plain sight. It's a little far fetched that someone would go through the trouble of getting a themed avatar without knowing what it was.

And no, there wasn't two LWs in the movie. There were two transfer students - one the sadist pictured in your avatar, the other a transfer student (and survivor out to avenge the death of his girlfriend).

I'm also going to !vote for DarkPrimus for ratting Grimmy out.

Yeah, this is my first phalla at PA. I did a GIS for battle royale, first image result is a bunch of students from the movie. I was gonna pick number 9 but he looked like a tard. This guy, number 6 looked cool, and 6 is a good number so I grabbed it. I guess it is slightly far-fetched that I picked the one LW from the movie by chance, but then again, you've constantly been correcting me on facts from the movie, so that really shows my grasp of it.

So that's what, 1 vote for grimmy, 2 for DarkPrimus and what, like 6 for tofu?

Voting for Dark Primus for ratting out grimmy? Makes me wonder if you aren't on grimmy's team.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, this is my first phalla at PA. I did a GIS for battle royale, first image result is a bunch of students from the movie. I was gonna pick number 9 but he looked like a tard. This guy, number 6 looked cool, and 6 is a good number so I grabbed it. I guess it is slightly far-fetched that I picked the one LW from the movie by chance, but then again, you've constantly been correcting me on facts from the movie, so that really shows my grasp of it.

So that's what, 1 vote for grimmy, 2 for DarkPrimus and what, like 6 for tofu?

Voting for Dark Primus for ratting out grimmy? Makes me wonder if you aren't on grimmy's team.
    Most of the kids just look like fairly generic school kids. Shogo and Kazuo have a more distinctive look. If the LW kills in the Zone you were in, we'll have a better idea if this is just coincidence.

Grimmy can't help the weapon he started with. Worse, threatening him with the Vote Kill just makes it more likely he'll walk into the next region and blow himself up (the Vote Kill happens at the same time as player actions). Same with tofu (if he has dynamite). I have a 25% chance of being in the same Zone as either of them. Better that they not feel pressured to blow up the next Zone they walk in to.

On the other side of things though, it would be hilarious to see half the roster go up in flames with Grimmy or someone else laughing hysterically. At least I think so.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    This your first Phalla here at PA?
    Yeah, this is my first phalla at PA.
    Can I have your number? Maybe I can show you around sometime, when you're free.
    I'd like that, sure.
    Are you two loverbirds done? Cause y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd heavily suspect you two of working together, if not wanting to find a zone to yourselves. ;-)

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, I am glad you will not off me just because of my avatar and will wait for some concrete evidence of me being the LW or not.

And you are right, grimm can't help what he started with. But he can change it. Thats why I said we should blow him up if he is again spotted with dynamite. Giving hima fair shake, just a warning for now really.

Gah, I cant wait for the narration to come up, I am so pumped about this game.

Edit: B:L *blush* It's not like that!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No wonder jdarksun picked the "loverboy" avatar from Battle Royale O_o

Well, I wouldn't put it past Ardor to toss in a Lovers role in this phalla. Best of luck to you two, then. :lol:

(IT ENDED WITH SUICIDE FOR YOUR STUDENT, BTW.)

• Options
    edited May 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    No wonder jdarksun picked the "loverboy" avatar from Battle Royale O_o

Well, I wouldn't put it past Ardor to toss in a Lovers role in this phalla. Best of luck to you two, then. :lol:

(IT ENDED WITH SUICIDE FOR YOUR STUDENT, BTW.)

Technically I could tell them they have to act the part and turn this thread into a trashy romance novel or I'd detonate their collars. I'm not sure how well that would go over though. Plus, it wouldn't erally have a benefit save one less person trying to kill each of them (each other).

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hope not, I think someone has a shock grenade in our zone.

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Anyone read the US adaptations (by Keith Giffen) of the original Manga for Battle Royale? I hear it's some good stuff.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Anyone read the US adaptations (by Keith Giffen) of the original Manga for Battle Royale? I hear it's some good stuff.

Truth be told, I've only seen the film. I never read the novel or anything else.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Having love connections between students in the full blown version of this could be a really interesting idea.

At the start of the game people would get PMed their lover, if they have one, and the team of students they have been assigned to. They should be able to win be being the last one standing with their lover, or their team. That could make for some really cazy back-stabbing, betrayal and drama if there was the possibility that you couldn't even trust your own team.

And wow, my avatar is a bad ass.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Never seen the movie, but I've read the novel. I need to get my own copy someday.

Also, I have to go to work, and I won't be back until after tonight's narration is up. Plz don't kill me, kthx.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Having love connections between students in the full blown version of this could be a really interesting idea.

At the start of the game people would get PMed their lover, if they have one, and the team of students they have been assigned to. They should be able to win be being the last one standing with their lover, or their team. That could make for some really cazy back-stabbing, betrayal and drama if there was the possibility that you couldn't even trust your own team.

And wow, my avatar is a bad ass.

There's a fan site linked in wikipedia about battle royale that shows the students, what they started with, when and how they died plus who they killed. I think your character, being the guy who signed up for fun, killed what, 12-16 students?

I was tempted to have everyone start in pairs as lovers, friends, family etc. I wasn't sure how to easily go from there either. Maybe last team standing plus the teams partners surviving would win? It seems a bit complicated and making this a team game kind of goes against what the film was all about at least.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    You should just kill those folks for inactivity. :)

Well, the professor is kill happy, but I did give until 10pm too. Killing peolpe for inactivty isn't fun, watching people do that for me is much more interesting.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    While it sounds like a good idea, if it's coupled with a universal cease-fire it'll be a boring second night.

How would it narrow down who the lone wolf is? What's stopping the lone wolf from saying what zone he is in and everyone he sees? Also, I am sure there are items that will work better/more efficiently if a degree of stealth and reservation is employed.

The lone wolf kill needs to come from those who share his zone. This way we'll know who shares the first night zone with who and that will leave us a shorter list of possible lone wolves tomorrow when we see who it dead.

t Darksun, I'm kinda looking for places to break the game as this is a test. This looks like one of them. I'm still not seeing the downside to listing out the residents of my zone now.

Zone 5: Locus, Celebrim, Jdarksun.

So if I, Locus, Celebrim or Jdarksun die we know the lone wolf would be one of us. This requires that our zone hold to the truce agreement and each zone that doesn't will increase the possible lone wolf pool. This still looks like it could quickly out the Lone Wolf.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Does the Lone Wolf have to use his kill?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

No he does not. It's simply something extra he can use if he wants.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I'm still looking for possible downsides to telling people where we are. We can all move at the end of the turn so if x is looking to kill us they still won't know where we are, and we all are going to have trouble killing the Lone Wolf since his kills go first. I can't see any reason to not band together and "play nice" until the Lone Wolf is dead.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Whenever Elbonian Man is able to give me his actions, we can get moving. If you happen to be his teammate and he's responded today, you might consider asking to see if he's around.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    DA, my question to you is this. Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, reveal the information we have? For example, I happen to know where everyone else is at the moment. I don't need anyone making some big reveal. I'd rather to keep the info to myself and then release it if it becomes necessary/advantageous to do so.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You should just kill those folks for inactivity. :)

Well, the professor is kill happy, but I did give until 10pm too. Killing peolpe for inactivty isn't fun, watching people do that for me is much more interesting.

This makes we want to !vote Elbonian Man for making me wait.

Are there vote inactivity rules since we have the PM actions?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Are there vote inactivity rules since we have the PM actions?
    It'd be right up the sadistic professor's alley to kill those who miss more than one vote in a row, regardless of PM actions.

It would be, at this time I would just choose to close down specific zones that hold inactive players. However, he does have until 10 tonight, so he's still got 6 hours.

EDIT: If anyone doesn't respond, I treat them as staying where they are, holding their actions and picking up nothing of the item(s) they found. Then, they may very well mark the next zone(s) to shut down.

I find it amusing to think that somehow, the game could end up with 1-2 zones left, then it's an all out slaughter.

Ardor on