Options

I have something I want to share with you

Zach BranniganZach Brannigan Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
The million-dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. God, who the Bible says is "rich in mercy," sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for guilty sinners. We broke God's Law, but Jesus paid our fine. That means He can legally dismiss our case. He can commute our death sentence: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and God will grant everlasting life to all who trust in Jesus. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

Just say "God, I'm a sinner, I belive Christ with my whole heart and that He died and rose. I repent, I turn from my sins. I give my life to you and accept You and Lord and Savoir. Jesus name amen." if you really meant that you will be saved. Thanks for your time.

Zach Brannigan on

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nah man you gotta go to confession 'n mass 'n shit

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's nice.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wow, it seems that Zach has really turned a table when it comes to the women

leave them purple haired cyclops girls alone

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Based on this thread and that "Barack Obama" thread I suspect a rightist Christian forum or group are trying to reach out to us

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The first paragraph seems like a fine example of a "big lie".

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The best part is you can do this at any time in your life. So I suggest you live a life of sin and debauchery and then make a death bed turn. All the benefits with none of the sacrifice! :P

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The million-dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. God, who the Bible says is "rich in mercy," sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for guilty sinners. We broke God's Law, but Jesus paid our fine. That means He can legally dismiss our case. He can commute our death sentence: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and God will grant everlasting life to all who trust in Jesus. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

Just say "God, I'm a sinner, I belive Christ with my whole heart and that He died and rose. I repent, I turn from my sins. I give my life to you and accept You and Lord and Savoir. Jesus name amen." if you really meant that you will be saved. Thanks for your time.

Guess what? Confirmed Luthran.

Basically as long as I'm sorry for doing any of that then me and God?

We're cool.

Must suck to be you though ;-)

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you don't sacrifice a puppy each week you won't go to heaven.

Julius on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But your never promised another day on earth.

Zach Brannigan on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Guess what? Confirmed Luthran.

Basically as long as I'm sorry for doing any of that then me and God?

We're cool.

Must suck to be you though ;-)
    Dude.

I'm a Methodist.

And not one of those southern, black Methodists.

I'm talking middle american lazy Methodists.

We're just about as nonobservant as you can get and still be considered "Christian".

I'm pretty sure that means we're Jesus's favorites.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    LoklarLoklar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd rather be a Jew for extra holidays.

But bacon!!

Loklar on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1 Sacraments of Christian initiation
    1.1 Baptism
    1.2 Confirmation
    1.3 Eucharist
    2 Sacraments of healing
    2.1 Penance and Reconciliation
    2.2 Anointing of the Sick
    3 Sacraments at the service of communion
    3.1 Holy Orders
    3.2 Matrimony

gotta do a bunch of that stuff or else you're gonna be a human roast.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm going for the life of sin, followed by the presto-chango deathbed repentance

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's soooooo much easier to be an atheist. My basic life tenant is "Hey, try not to be too much of a dick to everyone."

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ever hear of Hells Best kept secret? Of you consider yourself a Christian it's worth your time to google it. The Bible says your should examine yourself to see of your in The Faith.

Zach Brannigan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's soooooo much easier to be an atheist. My basic life tenant is "Hey, try not to be too much of a dick to everyone."
    This was pretty much how Jesus rolled.

Unfortunately, he's got some people claiming to be ideological descendants that aren't nearly as cool.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hells Best kept secret

Isn't that the one where if you don't think Mary was sinless and a virgin you go to hell?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ever hear of Hells Best kept secret?

Is that a band or something?

Julius on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Hells Best kept secret

Isn't that the one where if you don't think Mary was sinless and a virgin you go to hell?

Hell's best kept secret is the location of the thermostat.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Saying I'm secular humanist works a bit better. Keeps most people from prejudging me as some amoral monster.

Like those dirty atheists.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    Saying I'm secular humanist works a bit better. Keeps most people from prejudging me as some amoral monster.

Like those dirty atheists.
    This is what I tend to call myself as well.

Partially because it fits and partially because I like seeing foreheads wrinkle in confusion.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Hells Best kept secret

Hell's best kept secret is the location of the thermostat.
    Fire Escape.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i think what these people are trying to say, zach, is that while they appreciate the sentiment, they are happy with their beliefs as they are and don't need you to change their minds

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    i think what these people are trying to say, zach, is that while they appreciate the sentiment, they are happy with their beliefs as they are and don't need you to change their minds

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Cthulhu fhtagn!

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Heathen echo chamber

MKR on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm a lot less apt to claim atheism since Madalyn Murray O' Hair fucked it up for those of us who aren't anti-religion cocksuckers.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    thank you gorilla, i was searching for the right words, but you did it for me

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Heathen echo chamber
    AKA

Ozzfest.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

MKR on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Zach, I'm wondering how logically you justify proselytizing with the other teachings of the Bible.

a. axiom: Faith is required to be saved. (Ephesians 2:8, John 14:6)

b. axiom: God wants as many people to be saved as possible. (2 Peter 3:9)

c. axiom: God is fair and just. (Genesis 18:25, Deuteronomy 32:4)

d. So what happens to people who never hear of God and aren't given a chance to learn the gospel? They must be judged by different criteria. Otherwise, God would be sending people to hell who never had a chance to change their fates, which would make him unjust (violating axiom c). John 15:22-24 seem to imply that those who do not hear of Jesus cannot be judged for not believing.

e. So if a person does not have any knowledge of Christ or the gospel, it is still possible for them to get into heaven. In fact, according to Rev. 5:7 and Rev. 7:9, at least one person from every tribe, nation, and language makes it, and obviously there have been tribes of people who have died out without hearing of the gospel. The criteria for those without faith is never explicitly spelled out, but one can reasonably assume it's basically "be a good person."

f. If a person is a good enough person to get into heaven on the altered criteria, but they are taught about the gospel, faith becomes a new requirement for this person's salvation. (see axiom a)

g. Hence, spreading the gospel makes salvation more difficult. If Christianity was truly in the business of saving people's souls (Which God wants, according to axiom b), they would suppress the hard-to-believe gospel and instead teach a code of ethics.

Please, let me know how you personally reconcile these. Since your faith is so important to you, I'm sure you've given it a lot of thought.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I intend to roll Hitchens-style on my deathbed.

japan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

The Holy Ghost likes them.

Wait, no. It was the Martian Manhunter.

Martian Manhunter likes oreos.

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    People turn to religion when they need religion. If they're fat and happy and people love them, the rewards Yaweh is offering through Jesus don't shine quite as brightly. 'Developing a loving relationship with God' might be a better pitch to us Gen X'ers.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If god would get his ass down here and clear things up I would be ok with him. It's mean to keep us all guessing when he knows there's so much confusion.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

He could turn invisible, read minds and was from heaven (outer space).

That's about as close to the Holy Ghost as you're going to get.

Of course if you go down this path, I'm pretty sure that makes the Justice League the Apostles.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I dunno, all that stuff sounds annoying.

I'll just stick to hoping the guys running the simulation aren't dicks.

Kamar on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

Of course if you go down this path, I'm pretty sure that makes the Justice League the Apostles.

I like where this is going. Bet Batman denies him three times before the cock crows.
    :winky: cock :winky:
    Kamar wrote: »
    I dunno, all that stuff sounds annoying.

I'll just stick to hoping the guys running the simulation aren't dicks.

http://qntm.org/responsibility

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

Does that make Max Lord, Judas?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

Oh my god, I definitely like where this is going, especially if it means Ted Kord is Jesus.

OH MY GOD. Ted Kord came back from the dead!

Armored Gorilla on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Hallowed are the Oreos.

Oh my god, I definitely like where this is going, especially if it means Ted Kord is Jesus.

OH MY GOD. Ted Kord came back from the dead!
    If Ted is Jesus, Booster is Mary Magdalene.

OptimusZed on

This discussion has been closed.