As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crimson Skie ... Snoopy Flying Ace, OUT NOW!! 800pts

13»

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is pretty damn neat. We need to get some games going. Add me (S8 Fish)

Is it weird that I can't play shooters with inverted Y-Axis controls, but when it comes to flying games I have to invert it?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, I love this forum. I kept glazing over this title while I was browsing the Marketplace, but the OP has convinced me to get this ASAP. It looks so cute.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *sniff*

I want this on Steam.
    :cry:

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is pretty damn neat. We need to get some games going. Add me (S8 Fish)

Is it weird that I can't play shooters with inverted Y-Axis controls, but when it comes to flying games I have to invert it?

Nope, I'm the same way. Same goes for third person action games. I have to have the camera controls inverted or it feels wrong and I get confused. It's like the thumbstick is coming out the back of the persons head...pressing down would make them look up.

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fats wrote: »
    I have no idea how people get more than one or two kills a round.

missiles. Lots and lots of lock on missiles.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    MooreningMoorening Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Moorening on
    It would appear there ain't no rest for the wicked...who knew?
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Flying games are supposed to be played inverted! Flying with un-inverted controls marks you as a heretic.

Arrath on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

Flying games are supposed to be played inverted! Flying with un-inverted controls marks you as a heretic.

It is because this might happen?

215048835_QxBu8-L-2.jpg

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Also getting all up on dudes asses with a shotgun.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Also getting all up on dudes asses with a shotgun.

:winky:

Arrath on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is quality. Reminds me of Starfox 64 Multiplayer. If anyone wants to play some co-op, hit me up (Pastalonius).

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    BixBix Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ketch wrote: »
    just picked this up based off all the crimson skies comparison. I've played all arcade and some sim flying games since crimson skies hoping for the second coming, hope this is it.

ps. Heroes of the Pacific was also amazing, how did they screw up heroes over europe so bad?

Edit: So I just played a couple matches, and it's pretty good. The only complaint I have at this point is the sound seems a little underwhelming... maybe I just didn't have the volume up loud enough but it really made the gunshots/explosions lack impact.

I never played Crimson Skies, but I played the hell out of Heroes of the Pacific.
    An epic game, but I didn't have a connection to try the multi-player.

This Snoopy game sounds good, I wish I had some points to spend.

Bix on
    We're all OD'd on the Olden West,
    seein' who's Cowboy clothes look the best!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    *sniff*

I want this on Steam.
    :cry:
    Not as good, but Altitude is pretty awesome. I'd check that out.

Also, yes we need a list of people who have this, feel free to add anoffday. Can we somehow put together a game night with this sometime this week?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is amazing and everyone needs to buy it. I got to talk to one of the dev's at pax east. He told us it was "the worlds most accurate WWI dogfighting simulator." I question what he meant now by dogfight and my inability to get verbal puns.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So FUCK the Rain Maker. That is like the worst shit.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This game is amazing. Pigskin is a hilariously awesome mode

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So i can get lots of kills with the leech if the people im playing with are bad, but if they are good at all, i get almost zero kills. I switched to the big bang/mines because it is more fun.

Has anyone had any success with the tarpedo?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Picked this up, hot damn this is fun. Warmed up with some single player, great music, controls and graphics, and I like the weapons so far.

Tried out multi, didn't do too bad. I'm quite liking the ball-and-chain, that seems to shred planes up if they get anywhere near it.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    More people need to try out this game, for me it's the 'Splosion Man of 2010 (as in the most surprising fun I've had with an XBLA game).

Also, you really have to pay attention at all times to make sure somebody doesn't plant a Leech on your plane. All it takes is a quick stunt to get rid of them, but hesitate for an instant and you're dead. Damn things robbed me of the Doghouse on more than one occasion.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    More people need to try out this game, for me it's the 'Splosion Man of 2010 (as in the most surprising fun I've had with an XBLA game).

Also, you really have to pay attention at all times to make sure somebody doesn't plant a Leech on your plane. All it takes is a quick stunt to get rid of them, but hesitate for an instant and you're dead. Damn things robbed me of the Doghouse on more than one occasion.

Imo, the biggest danger of flying into a huge crowd isn't the machine guns, but it's the clutter of the all the planes distracting you from a leach on your plane.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    someone down to play coop?

xbla: anjosmit

Sueve on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Imo, the biggest danger of flying into a huge crowd isn't the machine guns, but it's the clutter of the all the planes distracting you from a leach on your plane.

Didn't see this response until now, but yeah, I've since learned to pay close attention, almost never died to a Leech since. Also, getting the Weaponer achievement (25 kills with all weapons) has taught me that either type of mine is a major help to shaking off enemies and netting kills and I'll be fucked if I know how I got my Wingman kills.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Buy this game. This thread was on like the 7th page. You people disappoint me.

anoffday on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to the extremely transient nature of XBLA game communities.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just grabbed this and the related dlc - totally love it! It's so fun.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So far the preview/reviews of the DLC say its a really good bang for the buck. The game was really awesome I will probably get the DLC soon.

edit: This game is fucking amazing, buy it damnit.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What DLC?!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DLC came out last week that added 2 new planes, 5 new game modes, some new weapons (I think) and something else I'm forgetting. I don't think it added any new maps though. I think it was called "Suppertime of Destruction" or something similar.

Lars on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So far the preview/reviews of the DLC say its a really good bang for the buck. The game was really awesome I will probably get the DLC soon.

edit: This game is fucking amazing, buy it damnit.
    Welcome to 2 months ago. Where have you been?!:cry:

anoffday on