As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

you can't go home again

124»

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hey we talkin' about hideous crwth is

because he sure is

hey crwth tell everyone how physically repulsive you are

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    fuck you, Sartre

I ain't need your shit right now

it's okay

this is a normal feeling towards sartre

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hey we talkin' about hideous crwth is

because he sure is

hey crwth tell everyone how physically repulsive you are

pretty ugly i'll tell you what

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    holy fuck

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's pretty neat, but it kind of loses a lot when your parents still own the house you grew up in.

Plus, for me specifically, when google did the street view of the area, no one was home and the place was completely deserted because my parents were up in Waterloo for 5 months while I was in the hospital, so all it is a bright, sunny picture of an empty driveway.

And that's another thing, I realize that they shot the video at dusk for the effect, but I'm pretty sure 99% of google street view is recorded during the middle of the day, so it's a little jarring going from guy running in the dark to high noon shots of your old house.

Cymril on
    Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is amazing. I didn't expect much because I've moved so many times as a kid, I mean if my family stayed in the same house for more than 2 years it was a new record. But the place I spent the majority of my childhood in was somewhere definitely special.

The sad thing for me wasn't that my old house and neighbourhood had changed, but remained exactly the same. Even the pool and huge backyard mini-forest we had are still there. Road's the same, hill's the same and even the old railing that bisected our small, downhill culdesac.

I won't lie this made me tear up a fair amount.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cheeeesey.

The best part was when the birds came and landed on the crude drawing of a cock.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cymril wrote: »
    It's pretty neat, but it kind of loses a lot when your parents still own the house you grew up in.

Plus, for me specifically, when google did the street view of the area, no one was home and the place was completely deserted because my parents were up in Waterloo for 5 months while I was in the hospital, so all it is a bright, sunny picture of an empty driveway.

And that's another thing, I realize that they shot the video at dusk for the effect, but I'm pretty sure 99% of google street view is recorded during the middle of the day, so it's a little jarring going from guy running in the dark to high noon shots of your old house.

You should try moving through streets with streetview. I'm looking at Muldoon and its a nice July day, then I click forward, the camera moves about ten feet and its like a hurricane. Very odd.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I want to try this but Taylor Telephone internet sucks smegma through a straw

Has anybody tried typing 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington DC 20500-0004 in there yet?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cymril wrote: »

I would like to see what happened to the old beach house my grandfather used to own though

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I want to try this but Taylor Telephone internet sucks smegma through a straw

Has anybody tried typing 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington DC 20500-0004 in there yet?
    This game is more inspirational if you use 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I should learn not to overlook posts

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeahhh this came out all fucked up in Firefox and Chrome wouldn't load anything at all. Couldn't even put the street address in.

So.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    this didn't do too much since I still live in the house. but I did notice how horribly placed the house is on the lot.

Jars on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This would be more impressive if the address actually matched up to my house. As it is now, he's running down the 7 lane highway that my house backs up to and the circular view thing just shows my fence and the fence across the street.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :C
    Google doesn't have enough streetview images to work on my hometown

Antimatter on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh nooooo