• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also a lot of people from D&D are playing on Brandywine

Arch on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have an old captain I'd like to bring back - He's on landroval I believe. Was in the old society back in beta and release. Who can I contact to get back in on the fun?

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Yarr, I have ... something ... there with Richard, but we haven't played in ages :( I hope he's well, but he hasn't talked to me in awhile! grumble

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone have an early invite? I'm looking to give this game a shot. No worries either way :)

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

So I should play on Brandywine as well?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tethering my droid to my laptop to D/L this and it's going to take 13 hours to pull down 7 gigs. Yipee!

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know about Brandywine, but Landroval has a very old, level 10 kinship, with nice Kinhouse filled with stuff. TBS usually has 3-10 people every evening. it is empty during Aussie primetime, but otherwise there should be some people on.

If you are F2P player and can't join the PA channel (see OP for info) message Jagoda ingame. There are several active TBS officers, but I don't know if I can post their info here.

JohanFlick on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Why?

No seriously, why would you look at my OP, read that nearly everyone is on Landroval and then decide with - what? - the 4 of you that you're all going to play on a different server?

Aldo on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey, I'm stuck on Nimrodel, cause... well, fuck if I know, really. Have a IRL friend from my old hometown that has a L54 character, and he has some L60+ friends. He's probably moved on to a different server already, actually...

Maybe it's time to move back to Landy. I'm only level 33.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Good god, there are people already in the mid-30s on Imladris.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    KiTA wrote: »

Why not. It's not like you got far in the game, no class skills, no Vol II quests, no LI grind. You can easily get to 30 in couple of days. And if you don't like TBS and Landy, you can always go back to Nimrodel.

As a bonus, your new character will get you TP for doing all the early deeds once again.

JohanFlick on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Hey Aldo, I rolled on Evernight. Haven't decided if I want to keep this one, but at the moment I'm Caedwen the Warden.

How come not Landroval? I thought everyone PAish was on Landroval, no?

Because I'm European and haven't downloaded the US client yet.

Echo on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Aldo, I rolled on Evernight. Haven't decided if I want to keep this one, but at the moment I'm Caedwen the Warden.

How come not Landroval? I thought everyone PAish was on Landroval, no?

Because I'm European and haven't downloaded the US client yet.

But you will be able to play the US one, right?

I want you to come play on Landroval and be awesome like us.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there an ETA untill registration for F2P account starts?

Maou on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maou wrote: »
    Is there an ETA untill registration for F2P account starts?

I'm playing right now.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »

Why?

No seriously, why would you look at my OP, read that nearly everyone is on Landroval and then decide with - what? - the 4 of you that you're all going to play on a different server?

I don't know

That is what everyone decided...I think we went with Syndalis! And now like everyone in D&D is rolling on Brandywine.

Maybe I can be all "no guys be on Landroval" but I doubt it

Also brandywine is the cooler server name

Arch on
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do I use the same account with DDO?

Or must I start another account?

Maou on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So how can I get good at cooking?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Why?

I don't know

That is what everyone decided...I think we went with Syndalis! And now like everyone in D&D is rolling on Brandywine.

Maybe I can be all "no guys be on Landroval" but I doubt it

Also brandywine is the cooler server name
    You mofos are the worst sheep. :P

In a few days half you will get bored of it and the ones who are left will have no one to play with and stop playing as well or reroll on a different server or whatever. You know, like what happens with practically every game [chat] picks up.

I'm a big fan of the different PA subforums rolling on the same server in online games. Don't have to be all in one guild or anything, but dayum it would be nice if we'd play together more. Ah well, I've kinda given up on that dream.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    So how can I get good at cooking?
    step 1: get a lot of money
    step 2: http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/60632
    step 3: +56 agi food ALL THE TIME

Aldo on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Can someone detail just how limited the free accounts are? The OP helps but like, what the hell is "limited" on the chat functions? What the hell is a Skirmish and Monster Play? What about "Community Features?" What the fuck are these things?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    JohanFlick wrote: »
    I don't know about Brandywine, but Landroval has a very old, level 10 kinship, with nice Kinhouse filled with stuff. TBS usually has 3-10 people every evening. it is empty during Aussie primetime, but otherwise there should be some people on.

If you are F2P player and can't join the PA channel (see OP for info) message Jagoda ingame. There are several active TBS officers, but I don't know if I can post their info here.

I don't mind if people message my character in kin for invites either; Zgorin is my officer but I could be playing Zgorin, Nabiki, Wallace, or Ellw.

Cobell on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Can someone detail just how limited the free accounts are? The OP helps but like, what the hell is "limited" on the chat functions? What the hell is a Skirmish and Monster Play? What about "Community Features?" What the fuck are these things?
    See, this is why I don't want to update the OP just yet (besides debilitating procrastination). I have no idea how limited the chat and community features are.

I believe the OP does explain what skirmishes and monster play are. A short recap:

skirmish: from lev20 onwards you can start instanced missions wherein you can beat randomnized mobs of varying difficulty solo or in groups of 2, 3, 6 or 12 players. Every player has a pet NPC who they can customize with marks won during skirmishes.

monster play: LOTRO's "other" party for PvPing. Orcs, wargs, spiders and uruks controlled by players form of the opponents of the Men, Dwarf, Elf and Hobbit in the PvP map The Ettenmoors. As a free player you can not roll a Monster, essentially making it so you cannot PvP as the alternative is getting a toon to lv65.

Aldo on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for everyone in the kinship for not getting too frustrated with my stupid questions. I've got a handle on how to play this again now. :P

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So Wardens are pretty popular still? I might drop the plan to focus on a warden and pick up the RK.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    JohanFlick wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »

Why not. It's not like you got far in the game, no class skills, no Vol II quests, no LI grind. You can easily get to 30 in couple of days. And if you don't like TBS and Landy, you can always go back to Nimrodel.

As a bonus, your new character will get you TP for doing all the early deeds once again.

Oh, I liked Landy just fine. But weirdly enough, in the past... many moons since playing, someone kicked me from the kinship. o.O

Either that, or I rerolled and forgot. Not sure.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Entaru wrote: »
    So Wardens are pretty popular still? I might drop the plan to focus on a warden and pick up the RK.
    Only people who bought Mines of Moria can roll a warden, so I image they're not as common as elf hunters called Lego[something].

Also, a warden is a tank and there's always demand for those.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Only people who bought Mines of Moria can roll a warden, so I image they're not as common as elf hunters called Lego[something].

Also, a warden is a tank and there's always demand for those.

I'll be honest, the Warden has, so far, been my favorite class to play. I've played every class to some level too except the champion and that's just because I didn't feel like I'd like him.

I just don't want to be Warden number 9,981.

I guess f2p will balance it out a bit as not everyone will even have access to them.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'll be honest, the Warden has, so far, been my favorite class to play. I've played every class to some level too except the champion and that's just because I didn't feel like I'd like him.

I guess f2p will balance it out a bit as not everyone will even have access to them.
    For the record: I am the only lv65 warden in my kin and we have about 100 members.

Aldo on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Barrovian's have like I think 2 high level wardens, and one Captain in the mid 40s (me) ((I think)).

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

For the record: I am the only lv65 warden in my kin and we have about 100 members.

I dont feel like playing him is such a lost cause then. Thanks for the Warden Pep Talk.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    Barrovian's have like I think 2 high level wardens, and one Captain in the mid 40s (me) ((I think)).

PhennyHelm will continue on his trek also. He's in the 20's somewhere and I will be alting him. He's my captain and my second favorite to play.

He should still be in the Kin. Him and Entaruphor my mid 30's Minnie.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Warden is the only class that uses spears/javelins right?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A lot of classes can use spears, but I think only wardens can use javelins.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It seems that Premium means you can only do the Fast Travel horses.

But you can pay 250 points to use them for one hour!

Yeah no thanks.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Good god, there are people already in the mid-30s on Imladris.

Those are either alts, or people that have started a day or two early. Leveling is fast, but not that fast.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    No, many classes can use spears and javelins, although I'm unclear on what classes can use what weapons and a quick google nets me nothing. Wardens are the only one who can wear warden shields and Legendary javelins, though.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Done with work and home for the weekend and freepocalypse. :D Tried to find some information on when they would be opening new account registration specifically, but the registration part of the site gives me a Turbine down-for-maintenance page. Phooey! I was promoted to Officer of <Ministry of Silly Pies>, a social kin started on Crickhollow and populated mostly by Hobbits and semi-RPers, and given instructions not to be too ruthless in who I recruit from the freets. Yes, I will certainly exercise high discretion. <_<

We were all disappointed to learn that it will be 7 months before we can get a Kinship House, by-the-by. The Kinship ranks being gated by irl time is kinda lame when taken alongside the fact most of the updates to that system were brought to Kinships that had been given the opportunity to exist for months/years before those rewards were put into place. A much tougher work between carrot and the stick for us on the new servers, aye. :(

Best America on
    right you got it
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010

I have a high-20s Captain on Landroval. :P

Now where the hell do I download the US client? The site refuses to tell me.

My Minstrel is transfering over now, but I still can't decide if I want to stick with the Warden or the Minstrel.

Echo on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I have a high-20s Captain on Landroval. :P

Now where the hell do I download the US client? The site refuses to tell me.

My Minstrel is transfering over now, but I still can't decide if I want to stick with the Warden or the Minstrel.

Wait...

Are you able to transfer your characters to Landroval? How?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.