Options

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

• Options
    EnclaveEnclave Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Regarding Scrooge, might I suggest instead of glass for his eyes, instead you use cotton blocks?

Enclave on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Building a shipyard here:

60162_474591794852_567104852_6737773_4436335_n.jpg

Anyone that wants to build boats, let me know!

Mvrck on
  • Options
    UbuRoiAAUbuRoiAA Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    UbuRoiAA wrote: »
    I'm sorry, can you guys help me understand how do I join one of your cool server? Me and my friend, we want to buy the game and help you guys build epic stuff. But we kinda wish to be sure we're welcome somewhere beforehand. So, how does it work? Do I have to get one of those Steam account? Must I search past threads to find the IP? Do I just pray for an invitation in PM? Help me out!

You have to PM someone to ask for permission.

And who are those mighty men?

UbuRoiAA on
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    Things I am planning on keeping, aside from Col/Rap:
    • Poultry_Geist's Obsidian Whale

Sweet! Thanks. He's nearing completion :-D

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mvrck wrote: »

I wish to build an Airship at port in said Shipyard.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow Ein, impressive. I am rather pumped!

Will the snow re-snow after it's been dug up over in the snowy areas?

piL on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ein, when will this new map be up? I want to get started!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »

I wish to build an Airship at port in said Shipyard.

I see little reason we cannot extend a very large tower to function as an airship docking moor. But generally I would like to keep it focused on boats, so as not to take away the whole "flying" theme from Columbia.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    piL: No. :( I'd have to turn snow on for EVERYWHERE for it to do that, which sucks. I may periodically re-snow it as I edit other things, though.

Tim: Soon! I hope. I'm being forced to cram my 'desert' section in to the area just left and down from Rapture, because all the other terrain is so mountainous that desert-ing it would look ridiculous. As-is, we have dunes.

Given that the large landmass to the right of the middle is crazy mountainous, and otherwise unclaimed, I say we stripmine that bitch.

Ein on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Again someone went into my house and messed around with my inventory. They also stole 11 solid iron blocks I smelted and crafted together.

Considering that someone's already burnt the place down I'm kinda considering moving someplace far off. I'm not the only person that's had to deal with assholes.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I should mention that the snow on the snow continent is only one block deep, with dirt beneath. I could replace that, but then ALL of the dirt on that continent would be switched to snow, which would mean also the subterranean stuff.

Ein on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well ... a glacier land filled with ice caves and the like sounds cool (ha cool) to me. But I might be the only one.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It'd be pretty odd for subterranean stuff to be snow covered, you likely made the right choice.

Enclave on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Desert preview:

desertland.jpg

I just took the trees, replaced them with cactii, and then took the leaves and replaced them with air... then replaced all of the grass and dirt blocks with sand. :3

Ein on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like how cactus' have arms.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Boo, Minecraft.net is down again.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh geez, Joystiq Podcast convinced me I need this game.

But minecraft.net isn't responding.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    kapohokapoho Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Map is lookin way better then the current one!
    cant wait to work on colapture in its new home!

and yes, MC.net is down for me too :(

kapoho on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hrm, perhaps to increase the dangers of the desert, you should change gravel to sand, as well as red blocks, gold.

Basically, try to make as much sand as possible even underground.

Enclave on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nuka wrote: »
    Again someone went into my house and messed around with my inventory. They also stole 11 solid iron blocks I smelted and crafted together.

Considering that someone's already burnt the place down I'm kinda considering moving someplace far off. I'm not the only person that's had to deal with assholes.

Protip. If you have stuff you plan on using, and you don't want it to disappear, hide a chest under some cobble or smooth stone in your house.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I stayed up way too late last night working on my cathedrial. An entire trancept is done now and I completed the end wall of the chancel. Pics when I get home.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Well ... a glacier land filled with ice caves and the like sounds cool (ha cool) to me. But I might be the only one.

whoa that does sound...cool 8-)

Like in Planet Earth when the camera slowly descends into a glacial crevasse? That would be awesome if glaciers were implimented at some point.

Particularly if he amped up his sound design and had a shitload of cool, creepy glacier sounds because glaciers are always making crazy noises and I'd love to be inside one. In a "just friends" way, of course.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Protip. If you have stuff you plan on using, and you don't want it to disappear, hide a chest under some cobble or smooth stone in your house.

As someone who hasn't yet played this game, and only understands it peripherally, this just blew my mind.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »

whoa that does sound...cool 8-)

Like in Planet Earth when the camera slowly descends into a glacial crevasse? That would be awesome if glaciers were implimented at some point.

Particularly if he amped up his sound design and had a shitload of cool, creepy glacier sounds because glaciers are always making crazy noises and I'd love to be inside one. In a "just friends" way, of course.

Hrm, considering I've not yet seen a snow region my suggestion right now may be plain unworkable.

How about replacing all the stone in the snow region with ice blocks? Or do they have limited life after being excavated and thus are an unsuitable building material?

Enclave on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I did that earlier today when I discovered the theft.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    SgtsolidusSgtsolidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone else thinking 'End of the World Tavern' ?

Sgtsolidus on
    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] |
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

As someone who hasn't yet played this game, and only understands it peripherally, this just blew my mind.

I have tons of secret passages in and around my little house, tower, and greenhouse in the sky. Hidden behind cobblestone, dirt, smooth stone and more. Even though I'm the only one in there. :(

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »

I have tons of secret passages in and around my little house, tower, and greenhouse in the sky. Hidden behind cobblestone, dirt, smooth stone and more. Even though I'm the only one in there. :(

You ever lose stuff?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »

haha likewise!

I made a little pond in the basement of a brick house I'm building on a plateau in my new world, and I made a hole in the bottom of it that leads to an underground stream that comes out of the cliffside about 150 blocks away. It's my "secret escape passage" and I even have a sign saying as much.

Not that I have anything to escape from anyway...hell, I play on Peaceful most of the time.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Don't do it, for the love of god. It's too late for the rest of us, but save yourself!

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So .... I want to build this:
    Futurama_ep49.jpg

But I don't think I posses the skill yet.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »

Don't do it, for the love of god. It's too late for the rest of us, but save yourself!

But I need something to kick my Civ V habit!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey OP, your link to Notch's twitter is old. He's moved accounts to @notch. @xnotch is just some attention whore dude now.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »

But I need something to kick my Civ V habit!

I emailed Justin my server and he said he would jump on later. woot.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone know of a good place to download custom maps for single player? I'm unable to take part in singleplayer, and would love some custom maps like underdark to mess around on.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So wait.. everything we did on Eins server is getting bombed?

So like.. all those hours of work just went bye bye?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have the feeling I know who it was...
    215213346_5iqJ3-L-2.jpg

Glal on
  • Options
    Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Another protip, don't say you have done just that.

Lux782 on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So wait.. everything we did on Eins server is getting bombed?

So like.. all those hours of work just went bye bye?

Welcome to playing with Legos?

Also Alpha is alpha things will change constantly etc. etc. etc.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hehe! I got to play some MineCraft today. And I can see why it's a addictive. I was on single player Hard mode and I was doing ok. Even survived a Multi-Creeper attack (3 vs 1 D:). But I was playing on the browser and the game crashed. When I got back on, I had all my items, but my house was gone. So I re-dug into the place, redid everything. Before the crash I had found a cave below my place. After the crash I dug down to the cave again and found all the ores I had collected before had reset and my torches were still there. And I almost got crashed by dirt that makes the arrow heads. I was able to use a shovel to break the dirt as before it fell on top of me, but it was close.

I feel like I should write a diary in character about this game... Just for the fun of it.

samurai6966 on
This discussion has been closed.