As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kirby's Epic Yarn - more yarn than you can shake a wiimote at

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Vegan wrote: »

Every time I see this whenever it gets to the part where the dude dies in the fiery explosion and horatio looks on, horrified, immediately followed by YEAAAAAAAAAAA-
    I can't stop myself from laughing

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I thought Canvas Curse was the most embarrassing game setup that could possibly exist, but it looks like I was proven wrong.

I should probably add that Canvas Curse gives me endless joy and I would wait in line in the rain for the midnight release of Epic Yarn.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cervetus wrote: »
    I thought Canvas Curse was the most embarrassing game setup that could possibly exist, but it looks like I was proven wrong.

I should probably add that Canvas Curse gives me endless joy and I would wait in line in the rain for the midnight release of Epic Yarn.

215526749_B5A4g-L-2.jpg

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, Canvas Curse was absolutely stellar. That there was no Wii version made with pointer controls is a small crime.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if I could draw in the air with the accuracy needed, I'd need some sort of wrist mount.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was thinking some kind of auto smoothing? I dunno. I suspect the reason it hasn't been done is that it fundamentally wouldn't work for some reason or other. In my mind it's glorious however.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Good to see Kirby back in an actual console platformer since, what, Kirby 64?
    Did that Cube game not get released? Or did it just not make it out of Japan? It was near the end off the Cube's life span IIRC.

It was cancelled which made me a little pissed off. It had a lot going for it too.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Good to see Kirby back in an actual console platformer since, what, Kirby 64?
    Did that Cube game not get released? Or did it just not make it out of Japan? It was near the end off the Cube's life span IIRC.

It was cancelled which made me a little pissed off. It had a lot going for it too wiith the 4 player co-op mode.

Damn. That makes me a little depressed. I guess HAL wanted to focus on the next big thing (read: Brawl).

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Since the Industry Thread reminded me about this game, I went looking for more trailers.

It just so happens one appeared about a week ago.

THE HAPPIEST BEAR <3

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Wow, I never saw that. That game actually looked pretty good. Maybe they'll port the work to 3DS :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    GibbsGibbs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered a game (if you don't count the Walmart Wind Waker OoT pre-order thingie) and I even already have it paid off.

Do I just walk into Gamestop the day it comes out and walk away with the game?

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got a bad case of lovin' you.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Wow, I never saw that. That game actually looked pretty good. Maybe they'll port the work to 3DS :)

I was so pumped for this game back in the day. I gotta imagine a beta copy of it is around somewhere. Here's to hoping they do port it to 3DS.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What's the release date on this?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited September 2010
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    What's the release date on this?

October 17

Opium on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is going to be the most adorable thing ever.

I really want to play it

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is going to be the most adorable thing ever.

I really want to play it

I don't know, we're getting the American version, so Kirby will be permanently angry rather than consistently adorable.

whoathere.jpg

This from an advertising e-mail from Nintendo that I got. Note the eyebrows of raw hatred sewn onto Kirby's face there.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i swear, i think nintendo's just fuckin' with us at this point and makes kirby pissed intentionally

Rent on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    why is kirby's penis hanging out like that

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    why is kirby's penis hanging out like that

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    stop ruining kirby for the rest of us you guys

Rent on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Squeezing out that star must have been extremely painful.

I can see why he is upset.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kirby and the Magic Catheter

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    i swear, i think nintendo's just fuckin' with us at this point and makes kirby pissed intentionally

As long as it doesn't go to Bomberman: Act Zero levels, I guess I can deal with it.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gibbs wrote: »
    This is the first game I've ever pre-ordered a game (if you don't count the Walmart Wind Waker OoT pre-order thingie) and I even already have it paid off.

It's a Nintendo title so probably, but I've always heard things about Gamestop not having shit you preordered.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It's a Nintendo title so probably, but I've always heard things about Gamestop not having shit you preordered.

I've never had a problem with getting something I've pre-ordered. Except for Borderlands which came in a day late. And I used to pre-order everything.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »

I've never had a problem with getting something I've pre-ordered. Except for Borderlands which came in a day late. And I used to pre-order everything.

Nonono, not the game, the bonuses. I'm still bitter about the Rock Band 2 t-shirt I never got. I usually go Amazon just to be safe.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Kirby just really hates Western culture.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There are a few anecdotes where the Gamestop doesn't have what you pre-ordered, or doesn't bother to order enough, or gave your shit to some other guy.

Then people walk across the street to the other store and buy it there.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There are a few anecdotes where the Gamestop doesn't have what you pre-ordered, or doesn't bother to order enough, or gave your shit to some other guy.

I'm still a bit pissed about my Scribblenauts pre-order hat (or lack there-of, only damn reason I pre-ordered with them).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    firetruck kirby is amazing

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I will buy this and play the shit out of it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »

Nonono, not the game, the bonuses. I'm still bitter about the Rock Band 2 t-shirt I never got. I usually go Amazon just to be safe.

Oh yeah, that is definitely true. The only things I've ever gotten was the little DMC4 artbook, and the Persona 4 artbook. Both I had to ask for or they wouldn't have given it to me.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I'm still a bit pissed about my Scribblenauts pre-order hat (or lack there-of, only damn reason I pre-ordered with them).

You didn't miss much. It ended up being cheaper elsewhere, but I "needed" that goddamn rooster hat that ended up being attached to a disappointing game.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    got my copy today didn't know it was out yet

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    grim123 wrote: »
    got my copy today didn't know it was out yet

You got really lucky, because it's not. October 17th!

Make sure to post impressions! :)

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    THIS GAME.

OH MY GOD.

SO ADORABLE.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

To be fair, as fun as this game looks, it just looks like every other Kirby game, just in shinier 3D.

I'm glad to see something new and fresh come out of the franchise. (Like Canvas Curse before it)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop