Options

The [Chat], not about Macs or WoW. Possibly about butts.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    or wait, how is the us economically right now anyway?

we're the wealthiest nation in the world, presumably the largest economy, and our currency is still too strong to be competive in exports.

uh, isn't this the same thing

i don't think so. there is a difference between accumulated wealth and economic activity

I assumed you were talking about GPD nominal because uh

accumulated wealth is kind of 15th century

It's more like the average wealth of its citizens than the nation's accumulated wealth.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    does pandora have bittunes?

duh its pandora what doesnt it have

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I like republican "spending cuts" they never mention which programs and when you ask about the major ones its never those. In fact I can't think of a single spending item republicans have cut at all ever.

they've cut "pork", or at least advocated it

you know, like biological research or infrastructure

I remember a fox news section mocking research money for like pretty absurdly important stuff and they pulled the family guy "come onnnn" implying it was worthless

I remember some "CUT PORK" project they (republicans) were talking about involved a survey of the bears etc in yellowstone

one of my professors was currently ON that project, and it is important because yellowstone is kind of a big deal and is being kind of damaged by pollution

I think it was about mosquitoes

we obviously shouldn't research mosquitoes because icky

He complained about fruit fly research in France. It takes two seconds of googling to find out why complaining about it is stupid.

Couscous on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

grooveshark does, and is at least equal if not superior to pandora.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

we're the wealthiest nation in the world, presumably the largest economy, and our currency is still too strong to be competive in exports.

EDIT: Oh you mean largest economy as well as largest country. The EU has you beat, sorry.

i don't think you can count the EU as a single economy yet. Not when your fiscal and economic policy involves jousting between Germany and France and you can't really even compel some shithole like Greece to behave themselves.

world bank and IMF does so I think I will too

just because there's bickering doesn't mean it's not a shared economy

you can't compel california to behave themselves with their budget either, for example

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    I like republican "spending cuts" they never mention which programs and when you ask about the major ones its never those. In fact I can't think of a single spending item republicans have cut at all ever.

they've cut "pork", or at least advocated it

you know, like biological research or infrastructure

I remember a fox news section mocking research money for like pretty absurdly important stuff and they pulled the family guy "come onnnn" implying it was worthless

I remember some "CUT PORK" project they (republicans) were talking about involved a survey of the bears etc in yellowstone

one of my professors was currently ON that project, and it is important because yellowstone is kind of a big deal and is being kind of damaged by pollution

I think it was about mosquitoes

we obviously shouldn't research mosquitoes because icky

He complained about fruit fly research in France. It takes two seconds of googling to find out why complaining about it is stupid.
    Its in france?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    so I can get a folder going and everything but it has the extension as part of its name

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I made an inappropriate joke this morning to a good friend about something I said I wouldn't joke about. Feelin like a jackass.

So what are we looking at here, racial joke to a black person bad, or like told a domestic violence joke to someone with a frehs black eye?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    apparently there are roughly 10 million millionaires (by usd) in the world

or .17 %

for every 588 people in the world, 1 is a millionaire

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

i don't think so. there is a difference between accumulated wealth and economic activity

It's more like the average wealth of its citizens than the nation's accumulated wealth.

what are you talking about

what is "it"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

duh its pandora what doesnt it have

apparently it has bittunes

i am le happy

Arch on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you can't compel california to behave themselves with their budget either, for example

8-)

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

EDIT: Oh you mean largest economy as well as largest country. The EU has you beat, sorry.

EU is not a united government anyway close to what the united states is man, not even fucking close.

economy

not country

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ur face

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I made an inappropriate joke this morning to a good friend about something I said I wouldn't joke about. Feelin like a jackass.

So what are we looking at here, racial joke to a black person bad, or like told a domestic violence joke to someone with a frehs black eye?

I would probably feel pretty awful if I was ever like "Nice shiner Suzy, burn dinner again? LOL!"

And then it turns out she did.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

what is "it"

In reference to the definition of "wealthiest nation", as opposed to "largest economy".

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i fucking love bittunes/chipmusic/whatever neckbeards call it

love

it

Arch on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    japan wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I wrote a two page letter to a lawyer today that might as well have said "no u".

Late to the parade, but to what?

Arguing about who is at fault for a car accident. Each driver has provided an equally plausible version of events that holds the other driver at fault (they probably reversed into each other, but each driver says the other reversed into them when they were stationary).

The reasonable thing to do is to settle at split liability, which means each driver is equally at fault and each side pays half of the others costs. That's what we've offered, because if we actually litigate over it, that is exactly what a county court judge will rule.

Their latest response rejects our offer because "the facts are" that it's our client's fault, but they have no evidence or argument to support that statement.

Hence, "no u".

Plus, we've made the offer now, so if it is litigated they'll have to eat the court costs when it is inevitably ruled as a split. They also can't claim their own costs, because they could have settled it without litigating but didn't.

What the fuck is with people?

Most litigation is essentially petty bickering.

The other possibility is that that they're taking instructions from a client who has decided to plant his flag and swear "no mercy, no retreat". Every client ever that has been convinced they aren't at fault believes a courtroom to be some kind of magical truth-distilling crucible wherein the lies of their opponent will be exposed by its burning rays of justice.

I'll add that to my list of definitions of "Tea-Party Logic" because it feels apt.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    so I can get a folder going and everything but it has the extension as part of its name

that's okay!

i can pretend i don't see it

what is the magic, dogg

(also arivia play LoL with us)

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

love

it

loving it makes you a neckbeard, too, i hear

i don't believe it though, arch

you're cool to me

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

love

it

loving it makes you a neckbeard, too, i hear

i don't believe it though, arch

you're cool to me

i have a beard

some of it is on my neck

Arch on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I thought the problem with California was that their constitution is a sprawling thicket of contradictory policy written by any cretin that can gather a petition, most of whom disagree with each other.

I recall reading an article which implied that there was no reasonable course of action that could be taken to correct their economic slide because their constitution prohibited all of them.

japan on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I occasionally call my Jewish flatmate a nazi when he's being a dick.

It's all in good fun.

Daxon on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    the only man I love now is jesus christ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1jVO3-OE

Mormon Jesus has a really friendly grin. You know, he's the kind of guy you could enjoy a beer with.

... oh, wait.

Wait is that..

Is that actually what Mormons believe?

I don't know. I just think the Mormon Jesus looks like a pretty cool dude.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Somewhere in between.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I thought the problem with California was that their constitution is a sprawling thicket of contradictory policy written by any cretin that can gather a petition, most of whom disagree with each other.

I recall reading an article which implied that there was no reasonable course of action that could be taken to correct their economic slide because their constitution prohibited all of them.

That sounds like an entirely possible explanation.

Chanus on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

love

it

chiptunes are the folk music of our generation.

Someday the theme music from Commando on the Commodore 64 will be viewed in the same light as significant Bob Dylan music is viewed by baby boomers now.

desc on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Downloading this 5 gig wow update is shit.

Totally serious: I seriously contemplated jumping back on WoW, and then visualized reinstalling and updating a million patches. That alone was too much work to bother.

They actually improved their downloader recently, that will still take all night, but I think finally blizzard has bought a 286 download server somewhere.

It's been all day and is telling me it's got another 13-14 hours to go. (oh wait, 23 hrs - I have no idea) It could be my side but I usually don't have terrible speeds.

29 hours to install the trial and update.

And actually I still have a little over 1GB left on the final update but the game is playable so whatevs

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

love

it

Someday the theme music from Commando on the Commodore 64 will be viewed in the same light as significant Bob Dylan music is viewed by baby boomers now.

i also like music in that style like anamanaguchi so it isn't just me listening to game soundtracks over and over again

Arch on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No seriously, is that what Mormons believe?
    one of my english profs mentioned a lot of it when I took his class (the same prof did a lot of religion-oriented courses too)

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i am okay with the vast majority of jokes- lazy eye, holocaust, whatever- but occasionally someone rubs me the wrong way or i detect a note of malice or authenticity beneath the laughter

then i might ask them to stop

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Somewhere in between.

Well that's not bad. Just lets you know where the line is, next time they piss you off you've got that to use.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Pretty much. Initiative processes are a shitty idea. They're ripe for abuse by political organizations that can't get ideas through the government so they herp derp their way through the populace with sound bites and slogans.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

love

it

Isn't indie folk revival music the folk music of our generation?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

love

it

I got Dyr into it. It's a fun genre. :^:

Now to focus on the Minecrafts and hack my lungs up until I have to go to the doctors'.

Be good, etc. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

what is "it"

In reference to the definition of "wealthiest nation", as opposed to "largest economy".

uh

which do you propose is which here

on second thought nevermind

but anyway

the US is the country in the world with the biggest economy, meaning, the nominal GDP of the US is higher than any other country. The american economy is the second largest, or the largest, depending on if you're using the EU or the eurozone

in the how many riches are there per person ranking you're about sixth in countries

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    No seriously, is that what Mormons believe?
    one of my english profs mentioned a lot of it when I took his class (the same prof did a lot of religion-oriented courses too)

The basis of the faith is a criminal making up shit to cover his ass... so really, nothing is surprising.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

love

it

i went to some show out in some converted loft out in the middle of nowhere bushwick last week with anamanaguchi and starscream and george and jonathon and some other people

its was fun enough, it felt like a college party
    you know, small space, bunch of people hanging around in what was kind of like someone's apartment except with a small stage in it

cept the clientelle was more nerdy than the average mix i see at these random bushwick/williamsburg concerts

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    in the how many riches are there per person ranking you're about sixth in countries

I only had one rich, but then I found another on a park bench.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I think I read somewhere that you need a smaller majority to spend than to cut

essentially

that's really all I know and it's enough

california's fuuuucked

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.