Options

Plans for PAX '06

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

Edit: Aww. I just remembered. Last time I went over to Bellevue, I noticed that they tore down the Chili Dog place and the buildings that had the Subway that was right next to the Meydenbauer. :| I shall miss those.

=(

Aah well, guess it means I'll eat Shade's food too. :P

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

Edit: Aww. I just remembered. Last time I went over to Bellevue, I noticed that they tore down the Chili Dog place and the buildings that had the Subway that was right next to the Meydenbauer. :| I shall miss those.

=(

:winky:

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    RomacusRomacus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Well booked a rez at the double tree for now just to hold one. Will there be a handy PAX rate later perhaps? Ive never been to a PAX before, but you guys are making me really excited.

Romacus on
    GIS only gets cool when you get way into the results. It's kinda like panning for gold. Gay biker gold.
    XBOX Live Gamertag: Romacus
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    Romacus wrote:
    Well booked a rez at the double tree for now just to hold one. Will there be a handy PAX rate later perhaps? Ive never been to a PAX before, but you guys are making me really excited.

Yeah, there will probably be a PAX rate.

Legacy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    The dates posted in the first page I believe - Are those going to actually be it? I Need to find out so I can plan. I usually bring a group of 12 people every year to PAX and stay at the shitty travel lodge right behind the center. SO I would apreciate it if I found out the dates asap.

...Plus my girlfriend keeps asking me so she can actually go this year :roll:

P.P.S. This is so my first fuggin post, and Im so pissed I got 3rd place in the smash tourney last year....lost to some asian with a "custom" controller when they changed the rules last minute to 1 match instead of 3... (Has nightmares of that match)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    i will say the original plans have changed a bit for '06- more on that later.

I can give you the date.

August 25, 26 and 27, 2006.

Anything else? :)
    The Khoo knows all.....sees all. Yes those dates.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

=(

Well aren't you the moocher? :P

Shade on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    TRILLL!!!!!

you and shade have to spend at least one night with us at the doubletree!!

:D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    SmallLady wrote:
    TRILLL!!!!!

Chances are there will be little actual sleeping.

Get your mind out of the gutter! I meant parties and such as well as much gaming.

Shade on
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006
    Top ten things you did at PAX 06

10-Flirting with the girls on the Frag Dolls membership drive line.
    9-Penny-Arcade official panel 06.
    8-Witness a fist fight betwean 4 random guys after some one flirts with some one elses girl and two other guys jump in for fun.
    7-Pretty much anything from FROM software.
    6-Mechassualt 3 preview movie.
    5-Hands on Twilight Princes playtime.
    4-Hands on Revolution playtime.
    3-Halo 3 preview movie.
    2-Cornea Scratching nerf wars.
    1-Orgy in Small Ladies room.

graizur on
  • Options
    OMGmyFACEOMGmyFACE Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Top 10 things I did at PAX '06 by Pfillip Tepper.

10. Pretending to be Tim Meadows' "Ladies Man" and hitting on random cosplayers for sport.
    9. Walking around like Morpheus and observing people.
    8. Watching some kid with a cardboard tube going too far... tooo far...
    7. Kicking Spider's nintendog's ass with my Dog Dog.
    6. Speaking only in Killer 7 quotes on sunday.
    5. Taking top honors in the Phantom Dust tournament.
    4. Drinking with Nephirij and Desert Thunder.
    3. Guessing Othello as the last Omegathon round successfully.
    2. Getting on the '06 DVD after rap battling MC Chris as Masta Batang Dollar Billz.
    1. Spacetime.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    OMGmyFACE wrote:
    4. Drinking with Nephirij and Desert Thunder.

yeah, but i will be drinking non alcoholic beverages, because i will only be 18 :wink:

edit: and my bro says he'll buy you a beer and you can drink with him too.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    yeah, but i will be drinking non alcoholic beverages, because i will only be 18 :wink:

edit: and my bro says he'll buy you a beer and you can drink with him too.

Sounds awesome. Hopefully, if there's a "free drink" party at this PAX a la Turbine, we won't have to do the 255-item trick with the drink tickets like we had to last time. Heh heh. Plus, Desert Thunder's anti-drinky, so cokes for everyone I guess. Whooooo. lol. Either way, you're B-town so I gotta meet and greet you. ^_^

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Shade wrote:
    SmallLady wrote:
    TRILLL!!!!!

Chances are there will be little actual sleeping.

Get your mind out of the gutter! I meant parties and such as well as much gaming.

:D Ok
    Legacy wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Merch...alcohol...

Same thing.

=(

Wow that was totally unnecissarily dirty :P

Trillian on

• Options
    tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    OMGmyFACE wrote:
    Sounds awesome. Hopefully, if there's a "free drink" party at this PAX a la Turbine, we won't have to do the 255-item trick with the drink tickets like we had to last time. Heh heh. Plus, Desert Thunder's anti-drinky, so cokes for everyone I guess. Whooooo. lol. Either way, you're B-town so I gotta meet and greet you. ^_^

You had trouble getting drink tickets? I think I still had 6 or 7 left over, they just kept magically appearing in my pocket. It's almost like some guiding force was urging me to drink more.

tmonkey on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I have yet to decide on my sleeping arrangements. I have a friend who lives about 10 minutes from the event, so I may stay with him...but, I don't want to miss out on all of the after hours fun.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    tmonkey wrote:
    You had trouble getting drink tickets? I think I still had 6 or 7 left over, they just kept magically appearing in my pocket. It's almost like some guiding force was urging me to drink more.

I got like 2 by myself. Then an enforcer I was hanging out with gave me 20. That's about when the fun began. How did people keep getting those tickets? I wonder to this day.

OMGmyFACE on
    No.

style5,OMGmyFACE.png
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    I have yet to decide on my sleeping arrangements. I have a friend who lives about 10 minutes from the event, so I may stay with him...but, I don't want to miss out on all of the after hours fun.

Just crash in someones room. I doubt you'd have a problem finding someone to crash with...

Legacy on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    I am planning to go this year, barring any illness. I got sick for PAX05, unfotunately, and was unable to attend.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    The Geek wrote:
    I am planning to go this year, barring any illness. I got sick for PAX05, unfotunately, and was unable to attend.

For the week or two leading up to PAX, take this non-stop:

pr-Over-the-Counter_Medicine-Airborne_Sore_Throat_Gummi_Lozenges_Dietary_Supplement-resized80.jpg

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    It's weird. I never got sick after PAX, even though everyone else seemed to. Maybe I'm some sort of superhuman, because all I had in terms of nutrition at PAX was Bawls.

(yes Legacy, the pun was intended. Do with it as you wish ^^)

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    It's weird. I never got sick after PAX, even though everyone else seemed to. Maybe I'm some sort of superhuman, because all I had in terms of nutrition at PAX was Bawls.

(yes Legacy, the pun was intended. Do with it as you wish ^^)

Hey, bawls are very good.

I need to talk to someone to see how we can start selling Bawls at my store. That'd be awesome.

That and Bawls mints.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

pr-Over-the-Counter_Medicine-Airborne_Sore_Throat_Gummi_Lozenges_Dietary_Supplement-resized80.jpg

or kill of any internal microbes with this

2bottle.jpg

Trillian on

• Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I never got sick either, all I ate were Bowl Noodles and drank Bawls...blue AND clear.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    The Geek wrote:

or kill of any internal microbes with this

2bottle.jpg

I think the reason I got so sick was from something I caught on the plane. My honeymoon was the week prior to PAX and the 5 hour nonstop flight from Orlando to SeaTac has a lot of recycled air. Shouldn't be a problem this year.

Also, booze is ick.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Especially that stuff. It's 60% alcohol, 30% painthinner, and illegal in several countries.

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    This year I am going to wear a sars mask from the moment I walk out of my house until the moment I walk back in. Also I will make sure I have plenty of Vita-C all throughout the weekend.

graizur on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    graizur wrote:
    This year I am going to wear a sars mask from the moment I walk out of my house until the moment I walk back in. Also I will make sure I have plenty of Vita-C all throughout the weekend.

Make sure you draw a little scary mouth on it.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    But of course. That almost goes with out saying.

graizur on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    for some reason i didn't get sick either, but that is understandable because i am a pirate and a deity, ad i drank lots of bawls and ate many tins of bawls mints

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    for some reason i didn't get sick either, but that is understandable because i am a pirate and a deity, ad i drank lots of bawls and ate many tins of bawls mints

I was running on caffeine and caffeine alone. Made for some interesting experiences :P

Trillian on

• Options
    edited January 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:

I was running on caffeine and caffeine alone. Made for some interesting experiences :P

Shade on
  • Options
    The SwazzoThe Swazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    all the BAWLS made for some very colorful feces...my friends feces that is....he takes pics of a lot of his poop.

The Swazzo on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    The Swazzo wrote:
    all the BAWLS made for some very colorful feces...my friends feces that is....he takes pics of a lot of his poop.
    I can file this under "Things I really didn't need to know".

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Shade wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:

You know it 8) :D<3

Trillian on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    So I guess I might come maybe depending

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    So I guess I might come maybe depending

You sir, are going. We will drink many beers in Seattle. Many.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Man, I can't believe I'll be spending my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in BC) in the Goddamn States. One of you fuckers better buy me booze.

Azio on
  • Options
    SkroggtarSkroggtar Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    i know what im going to be doing this year. ive got everything worked out. hell, im getting a job this summer to pay for the bawls fix.

hopefully the people i met last year will be out there again, too. you folks are awesome.

Skroggtar on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Azio wrote:
    Man, I can't believe I'll be spending my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in BC) in the Goddamn States. One of you fuckers better buy me booze.

There will be plenty of booze to go around places.

Just don't let the fuzz see ya.

Legacy on