As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nier is the best motherfucking game

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    that trailer joins the likes of final fantasy XIII's in the "actually made me less interested in the product" section

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    guys she's totally a really deep character because she cusses at you and also (maybe?) has a dong

that is Good Storytelling, not like you baka gaijins would know anything about that

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    by unique dialogue you mean incessant cursing on par with what you hear in middle school/early high school

There is more to her than that, but for a while, that's what you'll be hearing. She has an effed up background that you get bits of pieces of along the way.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man if I can get the game for less than full price then maybe. I'm definitely getting the soundtrack though because goddamn.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The director even said he was upset because people like the OST more than the game.
    (Gee, I wonder why)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    guys she's totally a really deep character because she cusses at you and also (maybe?) has a dong

that is Good Storytelling, not like you baka gaijins would know anything about that

She is a great representation of a real woman because she doesn't care about others opinions of her vocabulary. And because she has a dick.

Duh.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Considering the usual female protagonist alternative is a bashful klutz, hey, it's progress.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    god, please don't bring up ffxiii

what a waste of time

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you have to understand that they really, really downplay the fact that Kaine is intersexed

like you have to actually be looking just to find it out

so I mean I get the complaints and hey they're valid, I really wish she didn't dress so stupidly but you know

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    <mysogyny> As long as they keept dressing they way they do, they can represent whatever they want. </mysogyny>

I will say it looks semi-interesting. Though it still looks like a jrpg to me.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also it's really not japanese or anime at all, really

I mean really, if you've played Drakengard 1, it's pretty much like that but with a waaaaaaaay better story, characters, and dialogue

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If nothing else, Square did an excellent job on the localization.

Weiss is pretty much Alan Rickman.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    just stick a fork in this thread

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    maybe this thread should just be about people carrying torches for obscure games.

i would mention ICO but it's not really that obscure. at least not on the internet

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    More like cult classics. Games that have a following, but sold like crap.
    (At least I think Ico did)

The Deception series pretty much define the term. They're all fun games(Except maybe the first one), but I don't think any of them sold well.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    transport tycoon

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cue fifty pages of people talking about imported japanese rpgs

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yeah ico sold like shit

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Beyond Good & Evil as well as Psychonauts were very well made games that sold like shit as well if I remember correctly.

Such a shame.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't think I own a single video game that could be described as a "cult classic" or "obscure"

I am a bad gamer

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    can't fucking wait for the XBLA/PSN beyond good & evil

i've got the oxbox version and no oxbox. i've been wanting to replay it for years

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I will buy this game for $20 then play halfway through before it gets shelved with Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dude Keith it's on steam you know that right?

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    it's on gog for $10

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's not really a classic, but I loved and still love Eternal Ring which was one of the first games available for the PS2. It was a first person rpg and it was pretty fucking boss, in my mind.

Also, I can't remember the name now, but there was a third person rpg that was also released with the PS2 that I loved. It was two games in one, in that you had two characters that you could play as, and you had to do the whole play through each character to get the real ending.

But each one went to completely different areas of the world, so it really was a different experience.

Langly on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Dude Keith it's on steam you know that right?

not steam for mac

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    boo apple boo

*licks alienware case*

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I used gametap for a while, and they have both games I mentioned on there. They have a surprisingly decent collection.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    Also, I can't remember the name now, but there was a third person rpg that was also released with the PS2 that I loved. It was two games in one, in that you had two characters that you could play as, and you had to do the whole play through each character to get the real ending.

But each one went to completely different areas of the world, so it really was a different experience.

That sounds really familiar for some reason. If you remember the name let the world know, because I'll probably be trying to think of it for the rest of the night.

Also, looking forward to getting used copies of Breath of Fire 3, FF Tactics, and Grandia to play all over again.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My favorite cult game(though I own a whole bunch) is probably the Wizardry PS2 game.

It doesn't even have a following. Only a handful know the game exists.
    (And they all love it)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    let's talk about The Bouncer in this thread

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    okay

what's The Bouncer

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    let's talk about The Bouncer in this thread

YEEEEESSSSS

RubberAC on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I used to have a giant Bouncer cut-out.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Evergrace! that was it. Man, kinda want to dig those out now. I think I still have the saves on there.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    okay

what's The Bouncer
    dead legend's occupation

also a video game

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    isn't the bouncer supposed to be terrible

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was just wiki-ing the bouncer!
    I had never played it, but I had remembered it being an early release - like Eternal Ring.
    I was checking if it was the game Langly was talking about.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Now I'm looking up all of the old games I used to enjoy back in the glory days of psx/ps2.

So many good games. One day I will own used copies of them all.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.