As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Scribblenauts: out this week and yes, they fixed it!

1235»

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The game spawned cavities?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just tried it. It gave the fat man a status of "cavitied", as indicated by a little rectangular bubble appearing over the fat man. After the dentist reached the fat man, simultaneously the dentist "cured" the fat man and the fat man hurt the dentist. The fat man had a "cured" rectangle bubble over his head briefly. After that the dentist ran from the fat man, and the fat man sort of wandered aimlessly.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So what happens if you say...

Hungry Fat Man / Delicious Child

God I can't wait for this game. (MONDAY!!!)

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Edible child?

Edible god!

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The behavior of "edible" seems to be strange. It renders a person able to be eaten, and also seems to make them hungry for eating other objects.

Edible child + hungry fat man == no interaction. (other than how creepy the whole idea seems)

You can create an "adjective potion". Hungry potion. Scaly potion. Fire-breathing potion. Etc. I made an "edible potion."

Create two children, with no adjectives. Create an edible potion and use it on one child. The empty potion bottle falls to the ground. The "edible" child picks up the bottle and eats it. The other child then walks over to the "edible" child and makes some picking-up-and-eating motions, while the other child seems unaffected. Then the edible child poofs and disappears.

Edible god, edible deity, edible man, edible fat man -- all seem to share the same behavior.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Interesting. I didn't even think about Adjective Potions.

Explosive Potion?
    Dazzling Potion?
    Square Potion?
    Loud Potion?

Hungry Tree?
    Colossal Burning Diaper?
    Nutritious baby / Starving Cannibal?

My brain wants this game right effing now.

Question though; does it support Proper Adjectives? "American" "Asian" etc.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The best way I've found to make things eat each other is to make one "cannibalistic". Or make one "arachnivorous" and make the other "spidery".

Of course, I test all of these with babies. Because it's just hilarious.

pirateluigi on
    http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was disappointed that 'one eyed one horned flying purple people eater' didn't work.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Has anyone figured out what the one lyric refrained throughout the game soundtrack is yet?

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently "moonwalking" is an adjective.

Creatures with it cannot turn around but instead must walk backwards.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Question though; does it support Proper Adjectives? "American" "Asian" etc.

no it doesn't seem to work. I tried this a while ago when I first spawned a cannibal and the racist game made the cannibal black. So I tried Caucasian cannibal which did not work, I tried some other combos, but no proper results.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I was disappointed that 'one eyed one horned flying purple people eater' didn't work.

I'm glad I'm not the only person to try that.

Although I don't think I've tried "one-eyed one-horned flying purple cannibal" yet.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    uber weasel when summoned spawned the flying polka dot bathtub on its own.... huh? so that is what an uber weasel does then.

and for you purple people eaters you could just go with a purple monster. The monster is cute.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder if super gives you a flying whatever.

Super Cat, etc.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sadly my package did not arrive today. Shame.

It better be here tomorrow. Fuck international shipping times.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So question folks.

My girlfriend was interested in Scribblenauts for a few months now. Should she play the original before the sequel or should I just move her directly into sequelage?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Go directly to sequel. The first one is pretty much broken in annoying ways.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    An atheist will instantly kill God. Was this in the last game? Because that is hilarious.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    scribblenauts is possibly the worst piece of shit ds game I've ever played

so don't get it, mz

at all

Rent on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    An atheist will instantly kill God. Was this in the last game? Because that is hilarious.

Nah, Atheists were just afraid of God.

jothki on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Is Nietzsche in it? 'cause that would be funny.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my 11 year old niece is enjoying the game. omg it's a learning game hsss hsss

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm stuck on the level (world 8 I think?) where you have to
    Give the Hero weapons to kill increasingly harder foes. First set is just some wildlife, but then orcs come out. The hint says to use something to make them sick, something that has properties similar to spiders, snakes, and scorpions. I've tried Venomous, Poisonous, Poisoned, Sickening, Toxic, Infected, Deadly, a few more adjectives, but none of them have worked. I got past the orcs once by a fluke with a Poisoned Wand (turned them into frogs and then the Hero glitched through somehow), but that hasn't worked again.

Any help? I just feel like I'm not hitting the specific adjective the game wants.

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright, I got past it. I guess it was a glitch: my game crashed after an attempt and when I restarted the poisonous adjective worked perfectly. I've finished the main constellations now, using really cheesy techniques.
    I think the two most useful adjectives in the game are Immovable and Invincible. Need to block something? Immovable Invincible Steel Beam. Need to move the Starite? Immovable magnets and steel balloons. And the most useful weapon in the game isn't a weapon at all: it's Virus. Incapacitates threats without killing them, works on everything, activates on contact.

Wonderful game, now to play around.

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just for fun, I'm trying to work out a way to soothe an offended barbarian in one of the start screen levels.

Completely by accident, I managed to figure out how to offend people when I tried to give the barbarian a blunt axe.

Edit: Turning someone Extreme gives them a mohawk and makes them like skateboards.

jothki on