As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh [chat]...

• Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    But don't get Ashe

She is a cheap ho

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    you take some fuck then some shit then some fuck then some shit
    you got a fuck shit stack

a fuck shit stack

:^:

i saw reggie watts on saturday along with all the other stuff i saw, though only the end of his act
    but dude is hilarious

I am jealous

He really is a genius. I saw a standup special of his one time while... not sober, and I almost died of laughter.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Most anything is 'yummy' when slathered in melted butter like asparagus usually is. There are about a million things I'd rather have on my plate.

TL DR on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Who would refuse to eat broccoli? It's not like it's asparagus.

Man what

Asparagus is expensive and I only buy it when I haven't bought much that week after I've paid my rent.

It's the best but fuck you like $4 a bunch.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I could go for some cilantro and bacon right about now.

Cinders on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Asparagus does things to certain fluids.

so?

you can stand not having sex for like one night to enjoy yummy asparagus

No.

No, I can't.

I am thoroughly disappointed the implications of my joke were left uncommented upon

I am disappointed forums

Arch on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    17" travel laptop

is like

gas stove on a dolly

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Asparagus is great.

Roast some almond slivers, cut the asparagus down in size, make an aioli to go ontop of it and mmmmmm. Maybe add some cherry maters or some shallot. Hell. Cauliflower and broc would even work.

I actually prefer the shoots to broc more than I do the florets.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i have seven thousand points

who to buy in LoL

hmmmmmmmmm
    I told you to stop, organ

I told you to stop

Elendil on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Most anything is 'yummy' when slathered in melted butter like asparagus usually is. There are about a million things I'd rather have on my plate.

Asparagus should only ever have just a little bit of salt on it. If you want something covered in butter please seek out the nearest fair.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    For the record, grid layout is the only layout that makes sense for hotkeys in SC2 and there is seriously no reason why it shouldn't be the default.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think we have to get to "FFXIII was actually a masterpiece"
    I don't want to live in such a world.

Couscous on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    elendil, did you get kirby

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you're all jsut puppets in the pocket of Big Salsa

I would like to become a lobbyist for this industry.

desc on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

who to buy in LoL

hmmmmmmmmm

I told you to stop

i can't elendil

i am a social butterfly and all of my e-friend-mans are playing it

Organichu on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I haven't bought pre-made salsa in... 4 years? 5? It's so much cheaper and tastier to make my own.

Ooh, share a recipe?

Medium-dice 2 medium Roma tomatoes (or one large Beefsteak, depending on what's available for you)
    Medium-dice 1 small onion (red, white, yellow, don't matter, it's personal taste)
    Medium dice 1/2 a small green bell pepper (you can go yellow, red, orange, I just like the look of green)
    Mince 1/2 a seeded Anaheim, or if you like spice, 1/2 a Jalapeno/spicy pepper of your choice.
    Optional - If it's the season for it a medium dice of a small ripe peach, Fuji or Pink Lady apple, or nearly-ripe mango can be nice, if you like fruit in your salsa.

You can adjust these proportions to your own taste, adding more tomato, less onion, etc.

Put all the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl (not metal). Salt liberally, mix, cover and let sit for 30 minutes so the veg can macerate (give off all their lovely juices). Add pepper and finely chopped cilantro or parsley to taste. Voila. It'll last about a week in the fridge if you keep it covered, but chances are it'll be gone by the end of the day.

Also, if you add a 1/2 cup olive oil this makes a nice topping for bruschetta and fresh pasta.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Passer, I always cut my tahini with a bit of garlic water and lemon juice. :)

genius

not that this will ever be a problem, i have problems keeping it in the house because i eat it out of the jar, like peanut butter

Really helps to stretch it out. Makes it a good spread for salads too.

I used to get kinda... upset at Tahini. Like, there's always this glob of impenetrable not goodness in the middle. Took me a while to figure out that if you just stir the shit out of it for a bit then the good liquidy niceness will finally form up and that weird dry nutty thing in the middle is like the answer to the 16th Century's answer to science.

no fuck you this never happens and you are always left with a little impenetrable blob of dry proto-tahini that will never accept oil no matter what you do

I've yet to actually use up an entire jar since I figured that out.

I used to just buy it, use what I could, and then throw it away. Like, I tried just digging out that dry mass of gunk and throwing that in the blender with the chick peas and it always came out awful. So I just assumed it sat too much and ruined or maybe it just doesn't have a fast turn over rate at the store and I'll never get a good jar or something.

But then one day it's like... let's see what happens when I stir the hell out this thing and... hey. I get a whole three or four preparations of oil out of this thing!

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I bought books

Elendil on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

who to buy in LoL

hmmmmmmmmm

I told you to stop

i can't elendil

Get SC2 like a classy gentleman already.

TL DR on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Did you buy Godel Escher Bach, Elendil.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I bought books

losers

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    I am going to do it. I am going to go eat a double down.

This will be my death.

Get something else with it.

Take one bite of the double down, realize that despite its astronomical caloric content, it's actually rather bland, throw the double down away, and eat something tastier.

20070226fatkreme.jpg

Go for broke!

Cinders on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    no goddamnit!

i don't like foods that make me feel like i'm having fucking allergies

food should not be a chore!

DOWN WITH REALLY SPICY FOODS

never hanging out with you if i move to chapel hill
    ALT POST- YOU WILL EAT SPICY TOFU AND YOU WILL LIKE IT
    well you're NEVER MOVING HERE SO WHAT'S IT TO ME :x:x:x:x:x:x:x

MikeMan on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    god

you're the worst

you're literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

I haven't bought pre-made salsa in... 4 years? 5? It's so much cheaper and tastier to make my own.

Ooh, share a recipe?

Medium-dice 2 medium Roma tomatoes (or one large Beefsteak, depending on what's available for you)
    Medium-dice 1 small onion (red, white, yellow, don't matter, it's personal taste)
    Medium dice 1/2 a small green bell pepper (you can go yellow, red, orange, I just like the look of green)
    Mince 1/2 a seeded Anaheim, or if you like spice, 1/2 a Jalapeno/spicy pepper of your choice.
    Optional - If it's the season for it a medium dice of a small ripe peach, Fuji or Pink Lady apple, or nearly-ripe mango can be nice, if you like fruit in your salsa.

Put all the ingredients in a non-reactive bowl (not metal). Salt liberally, mix, cover and let sit for 30 minutes so the veg can macerate (give off all their lovely juices). Add pepper and finely chopped cilantro or parsley to taste. Voila. It'll last about a week in the fridge if you keep it covered, but chances are it'll be gone by the end of the day.

Macerating the vegetables is the most important part.

You have to really macerate it for a good half-hour before it gives you its juice.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    17" travel laptop

is like

gas stove on a dolly

It is big, but it's also built to be desktop replacement. It's nice.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man, Rodrigo y Gabriela are so good you guys.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Ooh, share a recipe?

You can adjust these proportions to your own taste, adding more tomato, less onion, etc.

<3 I'll try it out tonight.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Passer, I always cut my tahini with a bit of garlic water and lemon juice. :)

genius

not that this will ever be a problem, i have problems keeping it in the house because i eat it out of the jar, like peanut butter

Really helps to stretch it out. Makes it a good spread for salads too.

I used to get kinda... upset at Tahini. Like, there's always this glob of impenetrable not goodness in the middle. Took me a while to figure out that if you just stir the shit out of it for a bit then the good liquidy niceness will finally form up and that weird dry nutty thing in the middle is like the answer to the 16th Century's answer to science.

no fuck you this never happens and you are always left with a little impenetrable blob of dry proto-tahini that will never accept oil no matter what you do

I've yet to actually use up an entire jar since I figured that out.

I used to just buy it, use what I could, and then throw it away. Like, I tried just digging out that dry mass of gunk and throwing that in the blender with the chick peas and it always came out awful. So I just assumed it sat too much and ruined or maybe it just doesn't have a fast turn over rate at the store and I'll never get a good jar or something.

But then one day it's like... let's see what happens when I stir the hell out this thing and... hey. I get a whole three or four preparations of oil out of this thing!

No this is untrue

no amount of stirring can ever make this hardened monstrosity miscible again

Arch on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I'm not Elendil, but I got it and you totally should too, because it's great

Although I thought since you can't die in it (just lose gems) it would be fun to do co-op with the gf

turns out she gets extremely stressed out about it and super apologetic if she gets hit and gems go flying. I can't imagine how she'd fare in a non-kirby game where things arn't super-cute and you can actually lose.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mike become 46% less cool when he left jersey

he no longer leaves 15 physics articles open on my computer

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    One day I want to order a cheese pizza and then the iconic item off of each fast food $1 menu, and then throw them on the pizza and eat it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Man, I am absolutely terrible with Cho'Gath.

Clearly there's some major error in my playstyle, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe I'm just too aggressive? I dunno. Maybe I just need more practice.

cho doesn't really do a lot of damage but there's plenty that is awesome about him

one thing is that his spikes, while they don't do a ton of damage, are kind of auto-zoners during laning. no one wants to get too close while he's farming minions

his ground burst is also great for harrassing, zoning, and getting away. they're great for team fights. great to assist ganks. they're just great.

really, though, cho is kind of a patience player. you can't really burst until you level up your chomp, and even then you are going to want to use that as a finisher more than anything else. so you spend a whole lot of time kind of harrassing and fending and skittering around and only after you've knocked everyone down you go in for the chomp

at least that's been my experience. i've not seen you play him, but when i've run into chos with problems, the problem is usually that people are being too aggressive with him. besides his chomp, he's slow and really doesn't do that much damage.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Ooh, share a recipe?

Also, if you add a 1/2 cup olive oil this makes a nice topping for bruschetta and fresh pasta.

Mmmmm.

Also, I really really anticipate Dr. Mario Kart's salsa. I hope it's trip to Thailand was successful.

Fucking. Love. Salsa.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

who to buy in LoL

hmmmmmmmmm

I told you to stop

i can't elendil

Get SC2 like a classy gentleman already.

its true, you should

most of my real life friends have stopped playing and i want to start playing more again so i need more of you online friends to play with me now

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Ooh, share a recipe?

Macerating the vegetables is the most important part.

You have to really macerate it for a good half-hour before it gives you its juice.

It helps if you call it a filthy gutter-turnip, too.

Yeah.

Yeah.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

who to buy in LoL

hmmmmmmmmm

I told you to stop

i can't elendil

these people aren't your friends organ

look what they're doing to you

look at what you've become

what kind of friend would encourage this

look maybe there's just.., someone who really cares about you organ and doesn't want to see you hurt

someone who can't tell you how they really feel about you

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    god

you're the worst

you're literally the worst thing that has ever happened to me

is it opposite day?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Man, Rodrigo y Gabriela are so good you guys.

They are! They did a fantastic outro for one of the songs on the new Death Angel, too.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheep I am pretty much calling you a liar about tahini

I posit that it is actually impossible to use the entire jar without wasting some unusably oil-free rock of sesame

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.