As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

dumb [chat] or genius [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh god Dragonsama has reemerged. Damn it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Luke Skywalker was the Joker? :o

Best Joker laugh ever is Mark Hamil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Flying has achived a massive level of bordom for me. Sometimes I get the odd incident like being told to assume the crash position. But I've had that happen on only one of the 150 flights I've taken. I have come to loathe people in the security line.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, I need to see Birds of Prey Harley.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Fine with homosexuality? Then you don't need to tell your kids, explicitly, that they're gay, but you can just describe them as two men who love each other and sleep in the same bed (like mom and dad).
    They sleep in separate beds actually. But they would fit the "Old New York gay couple" stereotype pretty well if the were gay.

I always remembered them sleeping in the same bed.

A quick Googling suggests that they did at one point in the past.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Today I got a Charity Mugger to tell me I was a great person and to "keep up the good work!". Outwitting people who are paid to make you feel bad in an effort to extort money makes me feel like a big man.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Today I got a Charity Mugger to tell me I was a great person and to "keep up the good work!". Outwitting people who are paid to make you feel bad in an effort to extort money makes me feel like a big man.

Need more details.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Flying has achived a massive level of bordom for me. Sometimes I get the odd incident like being told to assume the crash position. But I've had that happen on only one of the 150 flights I've taken. I have come to loathe people in the security line.

Oh god yes.

I don't even fly that often. Maybe three times a year.

But for fucks sake this process isn't hard. Put your shit on a tray, put your shoes on a tray, open your laptop bag, and step through the fucking metal detector.

Don't wait until you're right up at the fucking metal detector to take your shoes of. Don't stand in front of the metal detector looking stupid. If there's an open spot on a conveyor belt, fucking take it.

Also people who stand in the check-in line looking stupid when there's a dozen open self-check-in kiosks and two airline reps ready to help you need to get kicked. I have no shame about just going up to somebody looking confused and pointing them towards and kiosk and saying, "Hey, you can check in over there" (even though what I'm thinking is "you goddamn moron how did you even make it out of the house this morning?")

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm learning something new every day.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fine with homosexuality? Then you don't need to tell your kids, explicitly, that they're gay, but you can just describe them as two men who love each other and sleep in the same bed (like mom and dad).
    They sleep in separate beds actually. But they would fit the "Old New York gay couple" stereotype pretty well if the were gay.

I always remembered them sleeping in the same bed.

A quick Googling suggests that they did at one point in the past.
    Hm, all I can find are pictures of them in "E" and "B" beds.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hamil is my favorite joker, his voice just makes the character come alive. I really don't think I would have enjoyed the original animated series without him and conroy, and ron pearlman who did every random thugs voice on that show.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, and after you go through the metal detector, grab your shit as best you can and go sit down with it. Don't stand there in front of the metal detector to put your shoes and belt back on. You can walk twelve fucking steps in your socks.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Damn, Feral :(

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Oh god yes.

But for fucks sake this process isn't hard. Put your shit on a tray, put your shoes on a tray, open your laptop bag, and step through the fucking metal detector.

Don't wait until you're right up at the fucking metal detector to take your shoes of. Don't stand in front of the metal detector looking stupid. If there's an open spot on a conveyor belt, fucking take it.

Also people who stand in the check-in line looking stupid when there's a dozen open self-check-in kiosks and two airline reps ready to help you need to get kicked. I have no shame about just going up to somebody looking confused and pointing them towards and kiosk and saying, "Hey, you can check in over there" (even though what I'm thinking is "you goddamn moron how did you even make it out of the house this morning?")

Hobby used to have an "expert" flyer lane. One which was for frequent flyers. Quick observation told me to use any other line because they moved faster. Everyone assumed they were an expert yet would leave their belts on or shoes or a dozen stupid things. The novice flyer line was empty and the few people in it were all business flyers like me.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was sad to discover he's retiring the character.

I don't think he's going to voice the joker in the new batman game.

That's sad, because he works so well with the guy that voices Bruce. I see those two being friends irl

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh, and after you go through the metal detector, grab your shit as best you can and go sit down with it. Don't stand there in front of the metal detector to put your shoes and belt back on. You can walk twelve fucking steps in your socks.

If I owned an airport, I would hire you to run it with an iron fist.

desc on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And if there isn't room for your bag in this overhead compartment, use the next one. You don't HAVE TO use the overhead compartment directly above you. There's a whole plane full of overhead compartments! Stop playing fucking Tetris with other people's bags, you're not going to find an interdimensional rift into which you can magically fit your bag.

Feral on

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hamil is my favorite joker, his voice just makes the character come alive. I really don't think I would have enjoyed the original animated series without him and conroy, and ron pearlman who did every random thugs voice on that show.

I can't imagine how things would have been if Tim Curry had done the role, as was originally planned.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was sad to discover he's retiring the character.

I don't think he's going to voice the joker in the new batman game.

That's sad, because he works so well with the guy that voices Bruce. I see those two being friends irl

I heard Conroy is also stepping down, though Diedrich Bader isn't a bad batman either (just you know I keep expecting him to check out this chick on channel 9).

I can understand Hamil, I heard doing the voice is hard on his vocal chords and honestly its also time to let someone else step up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Damn. A flight to Vancouver return would cost £721.

That's alot :(

WMain00 on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Oh god yes.

Hobby used to have an "expert" flyer lane. One which was for frequent flyers. Quick observation told me to use any other line because they moved faster. Everyone assumed they were an expert yet would leave their belts on or shoes or a dozen stupid things. The novice flyer line was empty and the few people in it were all business flyers like me.
    At O'Hare if you go through the expert line and muck it up, you'll get excoriated by both the TSA and other people in line, they take that thing seriously.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And if there isn't room for your bag in this overhead compartment, use the next one. You don't HAVE TO use the overhead compartment directly above you. There's a whole plane full of overhead compartments! Stop playing fucking Tetris with other people's bags, you're not going to find an interdimensional rift into which you can magically fit your bag.

Morning, [chat].

And yes to this, there are few things more infuriating to me than when I have tucked my shit away and then some moron in my row takes out MY bag and starts trying to shove it in the compartment in every fucking direction.

Hey asshole, I put my bag in the way I was told and there's no room for yours. Move along.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Okay, but on the flipside, fucking expert flyers that are constantly fucking cutting you off in line, getting in your way just as much, bringing huge fucking carry on bags that damn near take up an entire overhead because "they don't want to lose their luggage", putting shit under your seat so that it hits your heels, bitching about everything, reclining their chair to max point causing your tray to slope, and just generally being arrogant assholes...

...they're just as bad

amateurhour on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    I hate airport security so much

so, so much

I hate being reminded every time I enter a US airport that the fourth amendment is dead

I hate doing idiotic shit like taking off my boots and emptying my bags, which are all pointless and ineffective

What exactly are they supposed to be protecting anyone from? Customs are one thing, I get that, when I'm entering a new country. That I can understand. But if I'm flying within a country, what is the point?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

If I owned an airport, I would hire you to run it with an iron fist.

The TSA handles baggage screening either via it's personel or through contractors. Airports are in charge of their own physical security including the runways, but baggage is the TSA's issue.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I can't imagine how things would have been if Tim Curry had done the role, as was originally planned.

Could have been also good, but Curry always sounds like Curry. I mean until someone told me Hamil was joker I didn't believe it. When you see him in a voice acting session you can see he's putting some effort into it.

I wonder what billy west thinks of Hamil, technically he was a known actor prior to the batman cartoon, but I don't think he got Joker on his name power alone.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think the next Batman game is the last time he is doing the Jokers voice. At least that is my memory of it. Man it better be good as a fond farewell to the best Joker laugh. When I read Batman comics with the Joker including Killing Joke and the like it is Mark Hamil's Joker I hear.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    We need to use computers to capture conroy and hamils voice so that they can be used for all animated instances of batman and the joker.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm totally gonna carry a bottle of water onto the next flight you're on, Feral.

Take that, freedom!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Need more details.

I was in the train station earlier and a very young gentleman in a suit accosted me. He asked me where I was going, so I told him I was heading to work. He asked what I did, I told him I was a research scientist. This impressed him, so he asked for details. By now I'd read his ID tag, so I knew he was working for the Red Cross. I explained that I work on cancer detection and prevention. He shook my hand. He then asked if I was funded by charity. I explained that project funding for this type of work usually came from charities, but that right now, the work was unfunded, but we carried on because we do what we must. He spoke briefly about the Red Cross before he himself ventured the point that if my work wasn't funded it was unlikely I would be giving to charity. I said no, he shook my hand again, told me I was a great person and then shouted after me to keep it up.

If I'd not been tired, I'm wondering if I could have got him to sign up a monthly donation to a cancer research charity.

Also, nothing I said was actually a lie. It was just a rather oblique presentation of the truth.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wish what's her name hadn't overdosed... (brittany murphy, just remembered) because when she got in shape after clueless she would have made a fantastic Harley Quinn. She had the looks and the voice to pull it off

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You know I would say that Hamil could of played a really good live action Joker as well. But we will never know. Also the Joker's theme music from TAS was classic.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Could have been also good, but Curry always sounds like Curry. I mean until someone told me Hamil was joker I didn't believe it. When you see him in a voice acting session you can see he's putting some effort into it.

I wonder what billy west thinks of Hamil, technically he was a known actor prior to the batman cartoon, but I don't think he got Joker on his name power alone.
    You're lucky if someone can name anything Hamill has done besides Star Wars and Corvette Summer really. And people only know about Corvette Summer because it's the "Hey look at this crap movie Hamill was in" movie.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Need more details.

I was in the train station earlier and a very young gentleman in a suit accosted me. He asked me where I was going, so I told him I was heading to work. He asked what I did, I told him I was a research scientist. This impressed him, so he asked for details. By now I'd read his ID tag, so I knew he was working for the Red Cross. I explained that I work on cancer detection and prevention. He shook my hand. He then asked if I was funded by charity. I explained that project funding for this type of work usually came from charities, but that right now, the work was unfunded, but we carried on because we do what we must. He spoke briefly about the Red Cross before he himself ventured the point that if my work wasn't funded it was unlikely I would be giving to charity. I said no, he shook my hand again, told me I was a great person and then shouted after me to keep it up.

If I'd not been tired, I'm wondering if I could have got him to sign up a monthly donation to a cancer research charity.

Also, nothing I said was actually a lie. It was just a rather oblique presentation of the truth.

I wonder how I could twist this around to work for Computing Science.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mmmmmm afternoon [chat]

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Oh god yes.

At O'Hare if you go through the expert line and muck it up, you'll get excoriated by both the TSA and other people in line, they take that thing seriously.

Same at most airports. And yet Joe Idiot still gets in that line. A few moments of observation will show which lines are moving and which aren't. A lot of airports have abandoned the practice because it didn't help.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Okay, but on the flipside, fucking expert flyers that are constantly fucking cutting you off in line, getting in your way just as much, bringing huge fucking carry on bags that damn near take up an entire overhead because "they don't want to lose their luggage", putting shit under your seat so that it hits your heels, bitching about everything, reclining their chair to max point causing your tray to slope, and just generally being arrogant assholes...

...they're just as bad

Nobody who flies a lot reclines their seat. It's one of the most antisocial things you can do if there's somebody behind you. It's why I'm glad that seats don't recline on budget airlines. Idiots can't be trusted with even that degree of power.

I fly a lot, so I like to be able to get on and off the plane as quickly as possible. I don't begrudge people who are having new experiences as they amble about in the airport or in the plane, but they should move if I ask. Some of us got shits to be doing.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

You're lucky if someone can name anything Hamill has done besides Star Wars and Corvette Summer really. And people only know about Corvette Summer because it's the "Hey look at this crap movie Hamill was in" movie.

The Guyver

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The Guyver

Jesus thank you, god how could you not know about the mother fucking guyver!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.