Options

50 First [chat]s

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Think I will do secret santa this year for D&D. Now if my damn sub license would just come in.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    So NPR had this piece on the Arizona anti immigration law.

Basically boiled down to corroboration with private companies to build revolving door for profit prisons that specifically house illegal immigrants.

The only way I could think on how this would be "for profit" is if you forced the prison population to work.

So, basically, that sounds pretty much like institutionalized slavery as a sentence for a misdemeanor.

Private Prisons get paid on a per inmate basis. More inmates is more pay.

Oh. So they're private only in that the state still pays for them, just doesn't run them?

Sheep on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Basically boiled down to corroboration with private companies to build revolving door for profit prisons that specifically house illegal immigrants.

The only way I could think on how this would be "for profit" is if you forced the prison population to work.

So, basically, that sounds pretty much like institutionalized slavery as a sentence for a misdemeanor.

Oh. So they're private only in that the state still pays for them, just doesn't run them?

yes.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I didn't think D&D is doing a secret santa this year.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alright bitches, I'm having twins! That's right while all you barren, impotent mother-fucking don't even have one kid, I've got two on the way at the same damn time!

MentalExercise on
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    whoa have another date next week with a really cute girl apparently

live music gooooo

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yeah, in general it's a really awful idea to encourage a higher prison population, especially with a profit incentive.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

yes.

I don't know how I'd feel about that. Hmmmm.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yep. Oh and they do have prison work programs. The prisoners do get paid a wage for it. Of course they make a profit off of that as well.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Alright bitches, I'm having twins! That's right while all you barren, impotent mother-fucking don't even have one kid, I've got two on the way at the same damn time!

pregnant women are smug

the husbands of pregnant women are awesome

which are you

Organichu on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

pregnant women are smug

which are you

Might be a cannibal.

Galahad on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

yes.

Its bullshit.

Its the civilian equivalent of hiring KBR to supply troops overseas. Just another government agency farming its duties out to a private company.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    burtle i will try right now

check out the start of my building

it is just to the right of my sign/hideaway, next to my mountain

i will sometime when i am not at work

did you ever come across my volcano?

yeah it is pretty neat

i like the skull

:D

Arch on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

pregnant women are smug

which are you

Might be a cannibal.

http://www.rhymes-with-witch.com/images/rww10252010.png

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preach <3

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pregnant women are awesome when they're in that stage where they are not about to pop but their butts and boobs have gotten huge.

Also from what I hear it gets tighter and warmer.

So... Basically I'm kinda bummed that I may never have a kid.

Sheep on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    katherine heigl is absurdly beautiful

people on the internets seem really down on her

what did she do to raise the scorn of the interenets?

She admitted that "Knocked Up" was a pretty sexist movie in a long line of movies about crappy schlubs who somehow wind up with beautiful women, when movies about the reverse happening are nonexistent.

Hollywood doesn't like being called out on its sexism/conservatism.

Yeah but with her its more complicated. If you're against those movies, don't be in them. Don't become a mainstream movie star and makes lots of money through one, then talk shit about it and the people that made it once you've ridden the wave.

She also said the Grey's Anatomy writers didn't deserve an Emmy nom one year.

She just says a lot of tactless things publicly about the people she works with.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Doing the thing where you have the Akinator pin you as a fictional character

"Does your character use guns?"

Yes.

"Is your character a cop?"

No.

"Does your character play the role of a doctor?"

Yes.

"Is your character a doctor?"

Not really

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pregnant women are awesome when they're in that stage where they are not about to pop but their butts and boobs have gotten huge.

I dunno how I'd feel about that

I think I'd be worried about nailing the kid in the head with my dong and causing brain damage. Which is impossible, I know, but still...it's just wierd.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

slightly bigger boobs and a tighter vahjayjay don't really seem worth caring for a child for 2 or more decades

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

She admitted that "Knocked Up" was a pretty sexist movie in a long line of movies about crappy schlubs who somehow wind up with beautiful women, when movies about the reverse happening are nonexistent.

Yeah but with her its more complicated. If you're against those movies, don't be in them. Don't become a mainstream movie star and makes lots of money through one, then talk shit about it and the people that made it once you've ridden the wave.

She just says a lot of tactless things publicly about the people she works with.

but these are true things

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010

yes.

Its bullshit.

Its the civilian equivalent of hiring KBR to supply troops overseas. Just another government agency farming its duties out to a private company.

But KBR is so much better at that than the government is

When the government has actual government employees in charge of this, they just end up hiring random ass Indians to do it. So it still ends up being outsourced, but with a much lower budget.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Double dates with Pony and his fiancee are fun except I feel intimidated by how cool they are (I'm not very cool)

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    facebook chat sucks my cock

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

And, IIRC, that's not even what she called them on. The whole "ugly guy/hot woman/etc" thing, I mean. I think her problem was that the wife and her girlfriends didn't get as much screen time/character growth. That's understandable, but they weren't the main characters, the story wasn't about them, it was a comedy, etc.

That leads me to suspect that it's less of an issue with the way women were treated and more her picking a non leading roll and coming up with a way to slam the people behind the film because she didn't leading role time.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

That is an upgrade I can get behind.

When the government has actual government employees in charge of this, they just end up hiring random ass Indians to do it. So it still ends up being outsourced, but with a much lower budget.

.....?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If anyone feels like some LoL right now I am making a team of sorts

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I dunno how I'd feel about that

I think I'd be worried about nailing the kid in the head with my dong and causing brain damage. Which is impossible, I know, but still...it's just wierd.
    on the other hand maybe you'll be able to get a handjob as you're having sex

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

It's pretty funny. What killed MySpace was them constantly "growing" the site and in the process it got bulky, unresponsive, and shit just plain didn't work. FB came around with a sleek, slim, streamlined environment and blew MySpace out of the water.

Even though FB lacked the customization, it was infinitely easier to use and won.

Now that FB is a super huge money maker I've noticed them doing similar things as MySpace. Constantly adding more and more shit and in the process things you use every day become broken. FB Chat, for example.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i'm out for the affernoon

bye peeps

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    God DAMMIT Elendil why did you have to say that

Now I'm aroused at work

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    money i spent on food and booze and groceries this month via credit card: $400
    money i took out via atm and probably mostly spent on food and booze: $290

thats like 700 bucks

jesus fucking goddamnit

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010

It's pretty funny. What killed MySpace was them constantly "growing" the site and in the process it got bulky, unresponsive, and shit just plain didn't work. FB came around with a sleek, slim, streamlined environment and blew MySpace out of the water.

Even though FB lacked the customization, it was infinitely easier to use and won.

Now that FB is a super huge money maker I've noticed them doing similar things as MySpace. Constantly adding more and more shit and in the process things you use every day become broken. FB Chat, for example.
    i'm not sure fb chat ever "became" broken

it was a broken piece of shit from day 1

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

.....?

I'm not kidding. In most of Iraq and the biggest bases in Afghanistan the dining halls are run by KBR. At the base I'm at now, they're run by a few government workers overseeing Indian workers they hired with their government budget cooking food they bought with the same government budget.

If they had just started by contracting to KBR or some other private company from the top instead of giving the responsibility to government workers for them to contract it out, we'd have a higher quality service for the same amount of money.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    God my job is retarded.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i definitely don't like this new thing going around about a "liberal gene"...i kind of take a PZ meyers view to it....

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

i'm not sure fb chat ever "became" broken

it was a broken piece of shit from day 1

That may be true, but only within the past year or so has it simply refused to work for me sometimes. If I go to FB now, I'll have that little ! symbol down in chat and it will just never load.

Been that way since one of the recent updates.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    isn't KBR the contractor where an employee got gang raped and so they stuck her in a shipping container so she couldn't tell anyone until they figured out what was going on?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Res wrote: »

.....?

I'm not kidding. In most of Iraq and the biggest bases in Afghanistan the dining halls are run by KBR. At the base I'm at now, they're run by a few government workers overseeing Indian workers they hired with their government budget cooking food they bought with the same government budget.

If they had just started by contracting to KBR or some other private company from the top instead of giving the responsibility to government workers for them to contract it out, we'd have a higher quality service for the same amount of money.

bull shit

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

but these are true things

Even so, it's just unprofessional. Barring something very serious that you feel morally obligated to oppose publicly, it's bad business.

Your boss may be kind of a douche, but you don't stand outside your office and proclaim that you think he's an idiot. She has to go to work with these people every day, don't talk shit about them in a public setting and the nexpect to be welcomed with open arms.

stevemarks44 on
This discussion has been closed.