As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

50 First [chat]s

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    will i need some advice

Organichu on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    "I made out with a thirty year old woman before she became a potential politician."

Ooooo. Scandalous.

I don't really think pointing out how hairy her vagina was was completely necessary

I was actually kind of offended at that, and how it was IN BOLD FONT SO THAT THE READER WAS SURE TO NOTICE THAT SHE HAS A HAIRY BUSH

Arch on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    KBR chow is the bees knees.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I mean FUCK even Kate Hudson did a horror movie between her 5000 rom coms.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Taranis wrote: »

Is it made from the tears of the women they rape and spiced with the blood of dead Iraqi civilians?

Kagera on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    will i need some advice

i am here and available to give advice of dubious reliability

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The more I read science blogs, the more it seems that all science bloggers everywhere do is argue and provide the evidence for evolution in contrast with creationism/ID/whatever the fuck else

Some others also argue against bullshit medicine (like XMRV and its (non)link to autism or lyme disease) but mostly it consists of knowing a bit about science, knowing where to look to get at the science that disproves these crazy claims, and then writing it in a snarky manner

i can totally do this

Arch on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

Exactly

KBR chow is also not killing insurgents

I don't see the problem

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I really don't have the skills to rat properly.

I only do like 300 damage per missile volley. It's not enough to do more than tickle battleships.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Res wrote: »

Exactly

I don't see the problem

The money they make from being cooks goes into funding their baby-raping operations.

Kagera on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh god Cinders you are playing EvE why? Do you hate yourself?
    <3 :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    facebook chat sucks my cock

That is an upgrade I can get behind.
    But KBR is so much better at that than the government is

When the government has actual government employees in charge of this, they just end up hiring random ass Indians to do it. So it still ends up being outsourced, but with a much lower budget.

.....?

I'm not kidding. In most of Iraq and the biggest bases in Afghanistan the dining halls are run by KBR. At the base I'm at now, they're run by a few government workers overseeing Indian workers they hired with their government budget cooking food they bought with the same government budget.

If they had just started by contracting to KBR or some other private company from the top instead of giving the responsibility to government workers for them to contract it out, we'd have a higher quality service for the same amount of money.

bull shit

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said.
    It has a lot to do with private contractors being hired to do the military's work for them.

I don't even know what you're arguing at this point. First you were trying to imply that hiring private contractors to do things for the government is inherently bad, as you literally made a comparison between having private companies to supply deployed troops and private prisons which are pretty fucking unethical; I think most of us can agree giving a private corporation a financial interest in a high prison population, or even a low one as the case sometimes is, is not a very good idea.

Now you're saying the problem with private contractors is that, according to you, the military is supposed to be doing these things. The fact that you're changing the matter at hand to some random standard out of nowhere (Unless you're trying to argue that there are certain things which should always be done by the government for some reason, which would be kind of silly) aside, this is not the military's job. Last I checked, the purpose of an armed force was to protect the nation's security and interests. That should not include cooking food and fixing plumbing unless completely necessary.

Do you know why we have private companies produce rations for the DOD? Because even if it was possible for soldiers to grow and/or hunt their own food, it isn't a soldier's job to do that. It also isn't a soldier's job to cook that food, or to sew uniforms, or fix pipes, or circuits, or change light-bulbs, or mop floors. Soldiers do all these things to one degree or another for various reasons, usually because it's easier and cheaper to have the nearest joe mop the hall instead of hiring a janitor to do it, but you've got this backwards. These things are not the military's job. The military's job is to deter wars and fight wars.

I'm pointing out its bad for the government to farm work out to private contractors when its something the government should be handling. Like building prisons. Or supplying and housing troops. When you get a profit motive involved in those needs, bad things happen.

The reason Green Berets get electrocuted to death in the shower is the same reason judges get bought off to send kids to private prisons, profit motives where there aren't supposed to be any.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    She's not using it, so there wouldn't be a point in shaving anyway.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    chu i will give you terrible advice if you would like some and then you will end up sad and depressed if you follow it would you like my advice

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kagera wrote: »

Exactly

I don't see the problem

The money they make from being cooks goes into funding their baby-raping operations.

No, that's Nestle.

japan on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    "I made out with a thirty year old woman before she became a potential politician."

Ooooo. Scandalous.

I don't really think pointing out how hairy her vagina was was completely necessary

I was actually kind of offended at that, and how it was IN BOLD FONT SO THAT THE READER WAS SURE TO NOTICE THAT SHE HAS A HAIRY BUSH

gawker media has always been scummy

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    will i need some advice

this new interview says 'business dress'.

so far my previous interviews either haven't specified or have said business casual- and i wore dress pants with dress shoes, tucked dress shirt, belt.

if i add a tie can i get away without wearing a jacket? i don't really have one that fits.

i mean, i have been super frugal the last few months, so i could probably go to a thrifstore and swing a $20 jacket or whatever, but i would certainly like to avoid it if possible.

so

position: bank teller

listed dress: business

is it possible to get away without the coat?

Organichu on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I feel the most upsetting part of this is "lifetime sentence".

Echo on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man what a sanctimonius prick.

When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep

So you've got a lady in bed, she isn't waxed and you won't have sex with her? Wow I'm glad the article doesn't have any pictures of him so we could see this greek adonis in person.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

I can't tell in which direction this is upsetting you.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    will i need some advice

this new interview says 'business dress'.

so far my previous interviews either haven't specified or have said business casual- and i wore dress pants with dress shoes, tucked dress shirt, belt.

if i add a tie can i get away without wearing a jacket? i don't really have one that fits.

i mean, i have been super frugal the last few months, so i could probably go to a thrifstore and swing a $20 jacket or whatever, but i would certainly like to avoid it if possible.

so

position: bank teller

listed dress: business

is it possible to get away without the coat?

i don't personally like ties without jackets. it looks imbalanced to me, like you're a waiter or something.

i'd check out the thrift store offerings if you can swing the $20

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm with Will on this, by the by.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am out of cookies. My life is a slightly bleaker and darker place now.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

I'm pointing out its bad for the government to farm work out to private contractors when its something the government should be handling. Like building prisons. Or supplying and housing troops. When you get a profit motive involved in those needs, bad things happen.

The reason Green Berets get electrocuted to death in the shower is the same reason judges get bought off to send kids to private prisons, profit motives where there aren't supposed to be any.

I can have showers that assassinate Green Berets with electrical shocks or I can have urine pooling in urinals because the Indian contractors the army hired (As opposed to the American contractors the DOD might hire) can't get them to flush

Both of these are less than ideal, but the big corporation is going to kill people because corporations are evil

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    http://www.justin.tv/cj_iwakura

If anyone can volunteer to help me test out a livestream, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Back up now, hoping I fixed the audio.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yeah chu

i feel like ties without jackets look kinda goofy most of the time

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse:
    and his name that sat on him was Death,
    and Hell followed with him.
    And Power was given unto them over the
    fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword,
    and with hunger, and with death,
    and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelation 6:8

I'm Baaaaaack.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    http://www.justin.tv/cj_iwakura

If anyone can volunteer to help me test out a livestream, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Back up now, hoping I fixed the audio.

It's just hanging at the loading screen but I can't say if the issue is on my or your end.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hmm

ok

i will go poke around

thanks

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Seriously that gawker article almost makes me want to vote for O'Donnell it's so sleezy.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Seriously that gawker article almost makes me want to vote for O'Donnell it's so sleezy.

I am kinda with you on this one

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010

I can't tell in which direction this is upsetting you.

Clearly that's not enough. She needs to be hung, drawn and quartered to make an example of for other Farmville players.

Echo on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man what a sanctimonius prick.

When her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by.

Obviously, that was a big turnoff, and I quickly lost interest. I said goodnight, rolled over, and went to sleep

So you've got a lady in bed, she isn't waxed and you won't have sex with her? Wow I'm glad the article doesn't have any pictures of him so we could see this greek adonis in person.

he likes his vaginas smooth as a baby's vagina

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So my depression's been really bad lately

\really bad

And today my mom told me that when she leaves my dad and we move out of our nice place to move into a crappy little apartment (which is really gettin' me down)

she's probably going to let my abusive father keep my cat.

I'm trying not to cry at work.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I can have showers that assassinate Green Berets with electrical shocks or I can have urine pooling in urinals because the Indian contractors the army hired (As opposed to the American contractors the DOD might hire) can't get them to flush

Both of these are less than ideal, but the big corporation is going to kill people because corporations are evil

I don't want the army hiring Indian contractors either you know. And gtfo with the corporations are evil shtick. That's not what I said in the least bit. Corporations are motivated by profit, and sometimes that gets in the way of an ideal outcome.

SEriously, you're using personal anecdotal evidence of tasty food against countless reports of fraud, shoddy products, dangerous food, and abusive business practices.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »

I am kinda with you on this one

that's not funny

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I wouldn't vote for her, but that article was seriously slime personified. I mean I don't see where the guy is indentified at all, so it could just be some asshole who has photos of her from halloween and then made shit up to get a story out.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So my depression's been really bad lately

\really bad

And today my mom told me that when she leaves my dad and we move out of our nice place to move into a crappy little apartment (which is really gettin' me down)

she's probably going to let my abusive father keep my cat.

I'm trying not to cry at work.

cassss nooooo make her take the cat with youuuuu

move in with aaronnnnn and take the caaaat

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Clearly that's not enough. She needs to be hung, drawn and quartered to make an example of for other Farmville players.

I'd be ok with that, I mean they played farmville they took the risk.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.