As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guacamonut! [The Good Guys! Thread]

SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!!Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
"yeah yeah, oh oh, oh no!"
The+Good+Guys+Logo.jpggoodguys.jpg

The Good Guys is one of the best new shows on tv.

Starring:
slide1.pngslide2.pngslide3.pngslide4.png

That's Tom Hanks' son. He's no Tom Hanks, but he's Tom Hanks' son, for chrissakes!
Once upon the 1970s, DAN STARK (Bradley Whitford) and his partner, Frank Savage, were big-shot Dallas detectives. So big, in fact, that they were lauded as American heroes after saving the Governor's son. Thirty years later, Dan Stark is a washed-up detective who spends most of his time drunk or re-hashing his glory days. A stranger to modern police work who would much rather trust his old-school police instincts, Dan has the reputation as being a bit of a wild card. Able to skate by on the heroic deeds of his yesteryear, he is still a semi-active presence on the force, and with the help of his liquor of choice, occasionally comes through to solve a petty crime.

Dan's new partner, JACK BAILEY (Colin Hanks), is an ambitious, by-the-book and overall good detective, but is sometimes a bit too snarky for his own good. His habit of undermining himself has earned him a dead-end position in the department, and he is stuck solving annoying petty theft cases that nobody else wants. Worse, he's been given the thankless task of babysitting Dan, the drunk pariah who can never keep partners for long. Jack may not see it, but he has little chance of getting out of his situation; his knack for making enemies at the station has assured he is not going anywhere.

His only ally is ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY LIZ TRAYNOR (Jenny Wade), a quick witted former girlfriend whom Jack hasn't quite gotten over and the one person he turns to for help with his current professional predicament. Until Jack finds his way out of this situation, he is stuck awaiting the day when he can turn everything around, get back to solving actual cases and return to being a real detective.

In addition to this being an awesome show, Jenny Wade is smokin' hot.
327068.JPG

Do you watch this show already? Let's discuss it!
Haven't seen this show yet? What the fuck is wrong with you? WATCH IT, DAMMIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7wB37vhbg

SeñorAmor on

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I watch this show because of Bradley Whitford and no one else.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bradley Whitford is legendary in this show.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I watch this show for these people in the following order:

1) Jenny Wade
    2) Bradley Whitford
    3) Jenny Wade

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dan Stark is probably one of the best characters on TV and deserves an entire film series devoted to him.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    is this on netflix

Tam on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    There are some episodes on Hulu.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well that's almost as good

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man how did this thread fall so far down. This show is a show, guys.

Watch it and delight in its awesomeness.

Mmmm... guacamonut.

SeñorAmor on