As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Random question, have they fixed trophies so they display on all gear yet? Or was that a 'feature'?

Glal on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I never had a problem with trophies not displaying on my magus. Some would clip through the armor weird, but they still showed up. I do remember reading something about certain tropies not working in specific locations though.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    KillTrashKillTrash Gaming Fiend Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I'm definitely gonna do it. Shame that you only get one referral a day, but my subscription renews in 2.

Really? The moment I accepted the referral in on of my dummy accounts, I would get another one to send out immediately.

KillTrash on
    -Malac
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, you're right. I misread something on the recruit a friend page in account management, but it looks like my sub renews tommorow, so unless i can send out the invite, create the account, pay for the first month and get my 30 days all today I'll be paying $60.

edit: also, I respent my renown points yesterday and got myself a little under 100 more toughness. It's surprising how much that upped my survivability. Lets me last 2-3 seconds more against bursty MDPS like WH and WL, and even longer to random aoe.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Glal wrote: »
    Random question, have they fixed trophies so they display on all gear yet? Or was that a 'feature'?

All the trophies that I know were disabled have been fixed. Like the marauder axe and what not.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My problem back in the day was that certain gear just wasn't displaying trophies period. I found a grand total of two chest pieces that would display trophies on my way to 40.

Glal on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I don't understand the point in stances on my Shadow Warrior unless you are specializing in that particular stance.

I'm a Scout SW so I just stay in Scout even if they come right up to me, because I do more damage then if I switch into Assault stance. Skirmish stance is for when I need to run away and I need toughness, or if I'm chasing and I need to use the fletch arrow to kill someone.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    AonymAonym Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I started playing WAR again a few weeks ago with the 14 day welcome back thing. I have to say Im enjoying it, a lot of improvements over launch for sure. I did seem to lose several characters that used to be on servers that are now closed but Im not really worried about it. I rerolled on Badlands since it seems to be the only server with a decent population now. Good times so far, went ahead and resubbed. Ill spend time leveling a few toons until the 1.4 update comes out and then see how it goes. I hope its good, Ive always really wanted to like this game since Im a huge fan of the IP.

Aonym on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aonym wrote: »
    I started playing WAR again a few weeks ago with the 14 day welcome back thing. I have to say Im enjoying it, a lot of improvements over launch for sure. I did seem to lose several characters that used to be on servers that are now closed but Im not really worried about it. I rerolled on Badlands since it seems to be the only server with a decent population now. Good times so far, went ahead and resubbed. Ill spend time leveling a few toons until the 1.4 update comes out and then see how it goes. I hope its good, Ive always really wanted to like this game since Im a huge fan of the IP.

If you would like to see those old characters again, just go into the 'character transfer' part of your account management page. You'll see them on the list and can transfer to the live servers from there, although I'm not sure if Badlands is still open with the high pop issues.

Mythic and characters is something I'm pretty happy about. They'll even bring back ones that you recently deleted.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    AonymAonym Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I tried that already. Most of my old characters were there but a few were missing. I remember a long time ago when the first server closures started and they had transfers, there was a level restriction and I had to leave a few higher level toons behind. Now they dont show up anywhere on my list.

Aonym on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Huh, that sucks :?

It can't hurt to put in a ticket though with the CSR's if you remember the name/class/level of them and what server. They might be able to dig something up with any luck.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I don't understand the point in stances on my Shadow Warrior unless you are specializing in that particular stance.

I'm a Scout SW so I just stay in Scout even if they come right up to me, because I do more damage then if I switch into Assault stance. Skirmish stance is for when I need to run away and I need toughness, or if I'm chasing and I need to use the fletch arrow to kill someone.

Hehe.
    I slotted armor talismans in my gear.

When I switch to assault I have more armor than the soft cap. :)

Choppas have no armor debuff.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KillTrashKillTrash Gaming Fiend Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Choppas have no armor debuff.

Good ones have a ton of Weapon Skill though and if you see one using Warlord gear, they have a -1800 armor proc. But that's sort of rare though hehe, as most Choppas I see just spam Lotsa Chopping.

KillTrash on
    -Malac
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If you are up against someone that geared at a low RR, not much is gonna help you 1 on 1.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It seems to me if the archetypes are the same in a 1v1 battle it's more of a gear battle than a skill one. Sure skill can make the difference, but I'd say the gear:skill ratio of an effect on a battles outcome is like 3:1.

Also, got my recruit a friend rewards the day after I made and paid for the dummy accounts. I now have game time till the end of february, but now I'm not slow as balls.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah.
    While skill can make a difference, you do need to get enough gear to allow skill to make that difference.

If you are critting for 800 and he's critting for 1800-2k with extra life to boot because of better gear, there's only so far some skill will take you.

Mind you, I'm only in conq and I can hit sov people for 1400 now, and the difference between 1400 and 800 is big enough that I can win some fights against people better geared if I use my abilities correctly.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh yeah, conq is where things really start to turn around and allow you to be at least somewhat competitive with the high end geared players.

Just replaced my 2 anni pieces with invader 2 days ago and it's a pretty sweet difference. Critting for over 2k against debuffed targets with my bolt of change. It's great actually being able to kill people now with little to no assistance. I used to not even put a dent in archmages or WP but now I can kill them as long as they aren't RR70+ or guarded/detaunting.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ugh, and I remember now why I tried to level through T2 as fast as I could last time...

Something out in Troll Country just murders my frame-rate. Was playable back in T1, so no idea what's going on.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is it out in the RvR lake? Transitioning between troll country and ostland can lag you pretty bad since you are switching zones.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Is it out in the RvR lake? Transitioning between troll country and ostland can lag you pretty bad since you are switching zones.

Yeah, although it just seems to be *everywhere* out there, even if I was just standing still and fighting around a BO.

Sometimes, when fighting, the game would just pause... and then I'd explode as a billion damage numbers fly across the scrolling text and I get killed.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes badlands is overpopulated during peak times atm. I'm lucky that it's still busy during my evening since it dies down a lot.

Although I stopped my sub for a couple of weeks given that it's exam period now.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://herald.warhammeronline.com/patchnotes/index.php?id=2010_1-4#patch:-1_section:12
    Players now have the ability to progress past Renown rank 80 with the purchase of the Progression Pack, available separately at the EA Store.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wait...

...it went live today? D:

EDIT: oh, wait, it's just patch notes. IGNORE ME

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There are no longer NPC Guards, Sergeants, or Lords at any of the Keeps or Battlefield Objectives. These have been replaced by a single flag capture mechanic.

D:

:D

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You respawn in the keep until the inner door is down.

Then you respawn at the warcamp.

So you can't just waltz into the keep and cap it, because you have to hold it for 30 seconds and people will be respawning there when they die in the lake.

Like, seriously guys. Listen to me about this. All of the individual statements about RVR in these patch notes are part of a large overlapping and interlocking whole. Unless you quote the entirety of the rvr changes, quoting any one single thing is basically meaningless and doesn't give anyone any real information.
    It just confuses and misleads.

(I don't necessarily think you are doing anything wrong Malkor. I can't really interpret your smilies accurately or anything. I'm just saying this because reading one line of these notes out of context makes it sound really stupid. But then when you get another piece of information it's like "oh that makes sense". So that's why I'm saying this.)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, that's just one big thing that popped out at me. I'm assuming that anyone that looks at this thread probably looked at the patch notes.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also note that you can't apparently sleeze keeps and you actually have to take down both doors.

And rams/ogres are the only thing that damage doors now.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Here's hoping they do something about the proposed magus/engineer mechanic to make it actually viable before the patch goes live. My main is a magus.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Reading the test patch notes, I can't wee what they did with Invader gear. How are you supposed to get that now?

Also, wtf am I supposed to do with Anni, Conq, and Invader crests now?

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Buy pots?

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ooooh. A tweet from Andy saying that they will be putting in matchmaking for scenarios in 1.4. Nice! Not much info on it besides that.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can anyone from the ol' TSM guild who still plays log on an promote my char? Ol' Roklam is back on Iron Rock indefinitely and it'd be nice to get some of my alts in as well.

send me a pm plox

Malkor on
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Can anyone from the ol' TSM guild who still plays log on an promote my char? Ol' Roklam is back on Iron Rock indefinitely and it'd be nice to get some of my alts in as well.

send me a pm plox

Last time I reactivated I found my old Marauder had become guild leader, but I play on Badlands now. You're now the Uge Boss

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    how many active paers are playing this right now?

also, any news on new races or anything

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No new races any time soon, Skaven are LoTRO's monster play, but for rr60+ characters that 'pay them' with warpstone from the new rvr dungeon.

Mini expansion is going to be split into two parts, expected somewhere between $15-20 total.

1/2 is rr81-100 plus boosted up progression from 1-80.

The other 1/2 is access to a barber npc, fancy mount skins, and vanity pets.

No idea how many of us are playing currently. I'm holding out for the patch and new keep mechanics.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Looks like patch 1.4 will be out this coming Thursday.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If someone can do an actual write up of how Skaven actually function, I'd appreciate it.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I still play more than is recommended. Patch info is up on the site, next Thursday patch, 10 for each pack or 15 for both.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Avynte wrote: »
    No new races any time soon, Skaven are LoTRO's monster play, but for rr60+ characters that 'pay them' with warpstone from the new rvr dungeon.
    What, really? Laaame. I mean, I knew they were an RVR race, but I thought you could just make one and go hit RVR from the get-go, not have to grind RVR to get it.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, if they didn't do it like this then it would just be a giant skaven vs skaven battlefield for a while.

ghost_master2000 on