Options

[XBLA] Thread - Monaco out soon, DuckTales HD this summer.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Turkey wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I still havent gotten my Summer of Arcade points, and havent gotten any responce from Customer Service.

I'm sure it's because I used a code for Limbo, and they never mentioned that. Apparently codes were fine last summer...

They're sending them out already?

A google search showed me that they sent them all around the 7th of October...this is Summer of Arcade Im talking about though, to be clear, not the "Spend however many points and get 800 back" deal.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I used a code to buy Lara Croft and never got my points either. I still need to go back and determine if that was disclosed as an exclusion.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It probably was that - seeing as you didn't buy one of the games.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I still havent gotten my Summer of Arcade points, and havent gotten any responce from Customer Service.

I'm sure it's because I used a code for Limbo, and they never mentioned that. Apparently codes were fine last summer...

A google search showed me that they sent them all around the 7th of October...this is Summer of Arcade Im talking about though, to be clear, not the "Spend however many points and get 800 back" deal.

Ok I bought Perfect Dark, Braid, and RDR Zombie shit, and I haven't gotten my points yet. Should I call them?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Ok I bought Perfect Dark, Braid, and RDR Zombie shit, and I haven't gotten my points yet. Should I call them?
    Are you talking about summer of arcade or the oct. promotion. Because I'm pretty sure that with summer or arcade you had to buy certain games and none of those were it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anoffday wrote: »

Are you talking about summer of arcade or the oct. promotion. Because I'm pretty sure that with summer or arcade you had to buy certain games and none of those were it.
    If you spent 2400 Microsoft Points on Game Add-Ons, and Xbox LIVE Arcade Titles, which it appears you have, the 800 Microsoft Points will be automatically added to your account, 4-8 weeks after the promotion has ended. Xbox Support has stated for it to be around November 30th.
    Beginning today and extending through November 30th, spend 2,400 MSP total ($30) on any Xbox LIVE Arcade titles, DLC add-ons or Avatar gear, and you will receive a credit to your account of 800 MSP.
    Guess I got my answer, just have to wait a little longer.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait, what? They extended it to the end of Nov.? Wtf? I made sure I spent 2400 in Oct. because originally it only lasted until the end of Oct. That's nice. Thanks MS. Also probably why I have to wait longer to get my freaking points.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait, what? They extended it to the end of Nov.? Wtf? I made sure I spent 2400 in Oct. because originally it only lasted until the end of Oct. That's nice. Thanks MS. Also probably why I have to wait longer to get my freaking points.

God no kidding. I could have gotten Scott Pilgrim on sale. I only bought it then to have enough points for the deal (god knows I don't have a ton of time to play it right now). Bah.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    where are you quoting that from? pretty sure it's just a typo. the official xbox page for the promo still says through Oct 31.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/2010/0930-thankyougift
    Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I was told that last year, the Summer of Arcade counted entering codes, and there was nothing stating it wouldn't this year.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, last year promo codes were included, this year they were not.

I'm a little annoyed because I specifically bought Monday Night Combat, expecting it to be essentially free, after using promo codes for 3 of the games and buying another one.

Not that annoyed though, because MNC is fantastic.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So I want to get my brother Scott Pilgrim for Christmas, and I really dont think there's a way to do it. Correct me if Im wrong...

My parents are getting my 14 year old brother an XBox for Christmas this year. He is also obsessed with Scott Pilgrim, so I wanted to pick him up the XBLA title, especially since it's on sale this week. He has no idea he's getting an XBox, and he has an account on my XBox that has since gone silver.

The only things I can think of are either to pay for his account to go gold (which I really dont have the cash for at the moment, nor do I know how often he'd use it), create a NEW account for him that will have 1 month of gold for free, use that - and then maybe give him the option to change his name for $10 (which would defeat the purpose, because the game is $10 normally...) or...actually I cant think of any other "or".

Anyone have any ideas, or is this just not gonna happen?

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    LewieP wrote: »
    Yeah, last year promo codes were included, this year they were not.

I'm a little annoyed because I specifically bought Monday Night Combat, expecting it to be essentially free, after using promo codes for 3 of the games and buying another one.

Not that annoyed though, because MNC is fantastic.

Yeah Im just annoyed because I used a code for Limbo, and bought Lara Croft and MNC. I would have picked up Hydro Thunder for the deal, but I assumed I already had qualified so I didn't...

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Could you use a 48 hour code and get Scott Pilgrim that way? I still have a 2 day trial code for gold from Reach if you'd like it.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow - thats so nice of you! Can you get Deals of the Week with codes though? I thought I read you can't...

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure. I don't know why you couldn't. A trial is suppose to give you all the perks of having Gold. I would assume it'd include access to deals of the week.

edit: I sent you the code anyway. I have no use for it. So try it out.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You can't.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Everyday I hear something new about MS that makes me hate them more.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Part of the reason they have the deal of the week is to entice people into subscribing to live gold. That wouldn't work if they let you do it with the 48 hour codes.

LewieP on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah man, some folks were always complaining about Gold not getting enough perks, I always figured these discounts are meant to placate the hate.

I mean seriously, I've saved enough from these discounts to more than pay for a year of Gold alone.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah man, some folks were always complaining about Gold not getting enough perks, I always figured these discounts are meant to placate the hate.

I mean seriously, I've saved enough from these discounts to more than pay for a year of Gold alone.

too bad i killed m gold account due to the fact that they were cleaning me out.

What the hell, whys gold so damned expensive now? its like i gotta pay for another game.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buy it when it's discounted sometime, you should never have to pay full price. I've posted before how I've managed to get out of paying for years. Next year will finally cost something though - £23. Chump change given how much I get out of it.

But MS have more than made their cash out of me via DLC. I looked at my credit card usage a while back. Hells Bells, I've spent hundreds and hundreds on the Marketplace. Can't remember if I've cleared a grand yet though.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Plus if you pay attention when the big release games come out, like say CoD Blops, you can generally find something cool like Dell.com selling the game + 3month Live card + Free next day shipping for $50.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so Shank is the DotW. just 1/3 off.
    did anyone play it? the best I've heard from people is that it was just ok.

also, apparently Major Nelson implied pretty strongly in his most recent podcast that there is gonna be a big thanksgiving day sale.
    last holiday season was really good for xbla sales, so hopefully we'll see some of the same this year.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've really enjoyed the first 3 levels of Shank.

LewieP on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I thought Pac Man Championship DX was coming out tomorrow.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The port of guwange is pretty nice. It's one of my least favorite cave games, mainly due to the alt shot/shikigami mechanic, but cave games on xbl is a good thing.

The xbox mode is kind of a double edged sword, the alt fire makes it much easier to dodge bullets, but you have no direct control over the shikigami, which is needed just to hit certain enemies.

This is one of the harder cave games just a heads up.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cantido wrote: »

It is, as far as I know?

Thread, let me know how Crazy Taxi is when it comes out

I'm curious as hell to know what an Offspring/Bad Religion-less Crazy Taxi is like

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MargaretMargaret Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just noticed that they gave me my 800 points for the "Spend 2400 points in October" dealie. I'm impressed I got them before November 30 23:59:59 GMT.

Margaret on
    XBL: MagWheels
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Everybody needs to get Pac Man now. It's so good. But to my surprise, is not a replacement for the original. In the original, every ghost, dot, and fruit mattered. Now only the ghosts matter, to my slight dissapointment. Regardless, it's very amazing.

Cantido on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everybody needs to get Pac Man now. It's so good. But to my surprise, is not a replacement for the original. In the original, every ghost, dot, and fruit mattered. Now only the ghosts matter, to my slight dissapointment. Regardless, it's very amazing.

I downloaded the demo last night just to pass the time and one 5 minute time trial later I was buying it. Surprised me really...I didnt expect pac-man would ever float my boat again.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I saw Pac-Man on the marketplace, what makes this new version special?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It is, as far as I know?

I'm curious as hell to know what an Offspring/Bad Religion-less Crazy Taxi is like
    I can already tell you. Horrible.

Whether you like them or not, I can't imagine playing Crazy Taxi without Offspring. Pass.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It is, as far as I know?

I can already tell you. Horrible.

Whether you like them or not, I can't imagine playing Crazy Taxi without Offspring. Pass.

Got my custom soundtrack all set for Tuesday. I won't even notice.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's not out on Live yet?

Something actually hit PSN a week early?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah - it did randomly come out early on PSN.

Also, Microsoft has NO IDEA how much money they lose from me because I have no way of gifting things. The new Spend 1200 get 400 back on MS Games? Yeah, I know 3 people who NEED SPLOSION MAN for Christmas, too bad I cant do a damn thing about it.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

http://zeboyd.com/2010/11/17/pac-man-championship-edition-dx-review/

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

http://zeboyd.com/2010/11/17/pac-man-championship-edition-dx-review/

It's only the best thing ever.

Cantido on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What makes it special...humm

Well the changes they have made to the formula make it a much more intensive game. Your objective is to have a line of ghosts chasing your ass a mile long so that when you decide to go all hannibal lector on there asses its all that more satisfying. Also, the speed of the game increases as you eat fruit, in some cases the level completely changes shape so theres alot more hand-eye coordination going on.

Try the demo. It gives you a great sample.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll try out the demo sometime, cheers.

PaperLuigi44 on