Options

Hands off my balls, TSA Agent (scat swapping thread)

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how we can tell if all these measures (removing shoes, liquid limitations, full body scans, etc.) are actually worth the cost in time and money, and how can you tell if security is improved?

acting busy must mean that work is getting done!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I plan on taking full advantage of this.

I will be sporting an erection everytime they pat down my junk.

Take that TSA!

anxiety4065769.png

JoeUser on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm just wondering how we can tell if all these measures (removing shoes, liquid limitations, full body scans, etc.) are actually worth the cost in time and money, and how can you tell if security is improved?

If you aren't blowing up, it works?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Today, I'm sitting with a boner at my computer and not in the hands of a terrorist.

Has our nation's defenses saved me?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

this logic is severely flawed

Swill on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010

The terrorists aren't attacking because they just feel really embarrassed for us now

edit: Swill, he's joking

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Kovak wrote: »
    i feel like there was probably a cheaper more effective option for making planes more secure than massive amounts of poorly trained security and repurposed medical technology

Such as?

asking politely if they have weapons on them, like we did before 9/11.

I'm sure most of us have read some version of this but here it is for reference yet again.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Al_wat wrote: »
    One argument I've seen presented is basically this:

would you be comfortable with having your 5 year old daughter put through that scanner? The images are pretty revealing you can't deny, although I guess you could argue on just how revealing they are.

If not, would you be comfortable with them being "patted down" by a TSA officer?

Oh yeah, I forgot every single person in the world besides me is a pedophile. Scary shit.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Am I allowed to say suggestive things while the TSA agent pats me down?

Also, do I get to choose which one pats me down?
    I think I'll get an ID that says I'm a woman, that way I can point to it when I say I want a woman to search me.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I agree with you, Rane.

But what about jobs where travel is essential.

For example, I'm an auditor and a lot of my clients are out of town and I fly from week to week. Should I be forced to go through an intrusive patdown?

Balls, fucking get them. You can proclaim you have them in plenty all you want, but that doesn't change the facts. You are not forced to submit to a patdown, so stop being so hyperbolic and man the fuck up.

I agree in that I don't really give a shit if someone grabs my junk.

Then again, there are men and women who have reservations about being touched my strangers.

Shit, on Dexter a few weeks ago there was a character being patted down at the airport after being raped and abused and she almost lost it.

Obviously that's fiction, but after seeing that, I can see people being really uncomfortable.

Like I said Dru, I don't give a shit if someone wants to frisk me. I figured it would be a good topic to discuss though, as people have opinions on it.

But my point is that your claim that you're forced to be frisked is a lie. Just go through the damn scanner. No need to be frisked. So yeah, you still need to find your balls.

And nice job referencing a fictional tv show. Brilliant

considering the rape victim thing is a major consideration being discussed in other mediums, I don't think it was an unfair source

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ladies can make use of strap-ons. They can participate too.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it is kind of stunning to me how much people care about this, compared with how little people have cared about incursions on privacy in pretty much every other aspect of life

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i feel like there was probably a cheaper more effective option for making planes more secure than massive amounts of poorly trained security and repurposed medical technology

Such as?

I'm sure most of us have read some version of this but here it is for reference yet again.

Yes, because you can slap any solution that works in a different culture and expect it to work just as well in your culture because these are very simple problems we're talking about that have no nuance and are exactly the same in both countries.

hint: that's sarcasm on my part

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

would you be comfortable with having your 5 year old daughter put through that scanner? The images are pretty revealing you can't deny, although I guess you could argue on just how revealing they are.

If not, would you be comfortable with them being "patted down" by a TSA officer?

rofl

all male gynecologists are secretly like "oh HELL YES another day at work down at the pussy mines"

Swill on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Such as?

I've never known Americans to get indignant about judgement calls made by authority figures based on subjective factors
    Never ever

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it is kind of stunning to me how much people care about this, compared with how little people have cared about incursions on privacy in pretty much every other aspect of life

those other incursions don't show people how much of a fat lazy slob i am

TheStig on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    While I'm sure the TSA is often incompetent and inefficient, I feel this issue is getting blown way out of proportion. Though if it does lead to some worthwhile reform I suppose it will have been worth it.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TheStig wrote: »
    Am I allowed to say suggestive things while the TSA agent pats me down?

Also, do I get to choose which one pats me down?
    I think I'll get an ID that says I'm a woman, that way I can point to it when I say I want a woman to search me.

playing games with the tsa is probably not the best idea ever if you want to stay out of jail

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    honestly what is so different about getting scanned compared with having to walk through a metal detector and go through one of those air puffer things

why is this the thing that is pushing everyone over the edge

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Umaro wrote: »

Oh yeah, I forgot every single person in the world besides me is a pedophile. Scary shit.

So... what, you're saying I'm presenting a ridiculous argument or you're making a joke or both?

Internet and/or being me makes it hard to tell.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm cool with government and private industry invading every aspect of my life but I'd rather they not lay one finger on my sticky, eczema-riddled stretch-marks.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados is supporting a police state?! Colour me shocked!

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can I pay $15 for a coffee mug with a picture of my body scan on it?

TheStig on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    plus haven't they been doing pat downs for a long ass time

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Such as?

Yes, because you can slap any solution that works in a different culture and expect it to work just as well in your culture because these are very simple problems we're talking about that have no nuance and are exactly the same in both countries.

hint: that's sarcasm on my part

Also, the first step in their plan is profiling.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adam Savage made it on a plane with two 12" razor blades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4&feature=player_embedded

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    honestly what is so different about getting scanned compared with having to walk through a metal detector and go through one of those air puffer things

because people are getting worked up about how dangerous x-rays supposedly are
    just like people got worked up about how vaccines supposedly cause autism

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

radiation exposure

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Umaro wrote: »

So... what, you're saying I'm presenting a ridiculous argument or you're making a joke or both?

Internet and/or being me makes it hard to tell.

I'm saying that the scan isn't inherently more wrong when being discussed in regards to children when the image is being used in a purely non-sexual context. The argument is just trying to take advantage of peoples' "hide the children they will be molested" instinct.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Radiation, the risk of the unknown, the violation of the 4th amendment, and the repeated history of lies and mistruths regarding these machines in general.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

because people are getting worked up about how dangerous x-rays supposedly are
    just like people got worked up about how vaccines supposedly cause autism

uh

there's quite a bit more to it than that

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    These pat-downs are more invasive.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yes, but they're now doing some kinda enhanced pat downs now.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    profiling is utter bullshit

and it is definitely a thing in use

p.s.- no one should be surprised that security people are assholes

they love power tripping

Swill on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

As someone who had to fly a bunch, it's mostly about time. When they use the full body scanners, it makes security even slower. You have to remove everything from your pockets, plus your belt, and then assume the scanning pose and do the scan.

With a regular metal detector, I can walk through and it either beeps or not, a relatively quick process.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh, this is my favorite part:
    "First, it's fast — there's almost no line. That's because they're not looking for liquids, they're not looking at your shoes. They're not looking for everything they look for in North America. They just look at you," said Sela. "Even today with the heightened security in North America, they will check your items to death. But they will never look at you, at how you behave. They will never look into your eyes ... and that's how you figure out the bad guys from the good guys."

NotASenator on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, just because you go through the full body scanners, doesn't mean you're off the hook for a pat down
    So, what might cause you to receive a pat-down? Passengers may receive a pat-down in a number of circumstances: to resolve an alarm at a walk-through metal detector; if an anomaly is detected during screening with advanced imaging technology; or during random screening
    source

skettios on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah, pat downs used to be done with the back of the hand and they just kind of stroked up and down your body.

now they use the palms of their hands and cup your junk and boobs if you are a woman. basically a really good first date.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The best thing about America is that we have a written constitution which limits the powers of the GHAHAHASHAHAHA

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So a guy I work with went on a trip with his daughter and they had to go through the full body scanners. Apparently he overheard the 20 something guys running the scanner making comments about his daughter being hot, her ass, and things they would do to it.

I wouldn't be shocked if this doesn't get into the news, since he flipped the fuck out, chewed out the TSA agents, their manager, the head of security at the airport, and an airline rep who accidentally got in the line of fire. In his own words he was shocked they didn't try to get him arrested for the language he sent in their direction.

Also, his daughter is smoking hot.

Hunter on