• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nom, om, om...french onion soup is on the hob...:D

BobCesca on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    So wait, are we restarting the war in Vietnam or what?

nah south korea and best korea are kind of on the brink tho

And hopefully if that's the case we can take out their missile batteries before they level Seoul, which is basically their only ace in the hole.

Someone on a plane recommended me this book about/on Einstein. Said it was just a book of quotes from the guy, anecdotes, some of his essays, etc.

Sheep on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I've spent the whole game with Tali and Garrus.

Ashley is a racist fundie Jesus freak.
    She's really not that bad, and most of it is because she's never spent any time with aliens. The rest of it, you should ask her. It's justified to some extent, and I at least got the feeling that she could improve.

You know, playing Dragon Age, I couldn't stand Leliana at first.

But as the game progressed, I couldn't help myself. She becomes such a rounded character as time goes on. From some batty French 'born again' into this randy, adventurous assassin.

(Which is why I ended up sleeping with Leliana and Morrigan. When it came time to choose, I actually chose Morrigan, though. Even though I think I would have liked Leliana more in "real life." It seemed to me that Morrigan would have benefit more from having a normal relationship. Leliana could have moved on easier.)

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I am the rudest host ever.

Just fell asleep on the couch while me and my guest watched a film.

What was the film?

Howl's Moving Castle, which I love.

Howl's Moving Castle was terrible. It was a Twilight movie for the Japanese.

This is a very odd opinion.

Why?

I'm a stickler for consistency and the love story wasn't to my liking. Most grievous, Howl the wizard was an absent-minded, narcissistic genius who needed a woman's presence to tame him and give him a center and I HATE THAT MESSAGE.

Hm.

I guess I can see where you might get a Twilight feel from the last bit.

I'm curious if you feel the same way about Beauty and the Beast.

It seems thats a much better comparison in both tone and theme.

It's been years since I watched Beauty and the Beast for years and I've only seen it once ... because I'm a boy and Roger Rabbit appealed to me way more. But, yeah, I see the parallel with that 'heal the deformed prince's tormented soul' nonsense.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Apparently the Democratic People's Republic of Not a Communist Dictatorship, really, Korea has artillery targeting Seoul, but not enough to do a whole lot of damage to it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, they really should have just called it Assassin's Creed 3. You'd think the singleplayer was just tacked on as it is, but it really is a complete and engaging entry in its own right. And there is a shitton of stuff to do.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    feral if you hate krogans you should be nice to wrex

trust me

Elendil on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Apparently the Democratic People's Republic of Not a Communist Dictatorship, really, Korea has artillery targeting Seoul, but not enough to do a whole lot of damage to it.

I've seen that they could hit the outskirts of the city, but not really land good hits in the city center. But I don't have a source ATM, so take that for what you will.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh good - first cold of the season!

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

Liz Lemon, why are you so meeeeeean?

Sheep on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Wrex makes me wish the game had permadeath so I could order him to eat a bullet.

ME2 beginning spoiler
    Wrex stays permadead if you don't save him in ME1

AWESOME

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

Let's all do The Diane!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

That movie is one of the few that were so terrible I couldn't finish it.

Daxon on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010

Wrex makes me wish the game had permadeath so I could order him to eat a bullet.

ME2 beginning spoiler

AWESOME

I bet you would save him if he was a catman instead of a lizardman 8-)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

I was going to make a joke about how Voldemort scarred her as a baby... Then I remembered how she got that scar and I take it back

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

ME2 beginning spoiler

AWESOME

I bet you would save him if he was a catman instead of a lizardman 8-)

I'll save him if he stops being such a whiny little bitch.
    waaaah my people are dying but i don't want to do anything about it

waaaaaaah my father was a bastard and i had to kill him

waaaaaah you don't understand me!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited November 2010

ME2 beginning spoiler

AWESOME

How does that spoiler have the slightest thing to do with the beginning of ME2?

I mean, regarding Wrex:
    Why on earth would he be alive if dead in ME1 - that would make no sense whatsoever

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

I much prefer Gervais' standup to be honest.

This is on the front page of HuffPo.

Love this commercial.

"Opulence. I has it."

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/222198/thumbs/r-OPULENCE-huge.jpg

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    he does want to do things about it, did you even talk to him

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The US getting involved if it came to a shooting war in the Korean peninsula is something we have had plans for since the 1950s. We are moving up the George Washington and its task force to with in striking distance. We have our air bases on Japan and a shit ton of infantry with in striking distance of the DMZ. Top it off with the South Koreans and their well equipped and well trained army the batteries would be down pretty fast that isn't the worse the danger.

The danger is they are crazy enough to use wmds(chemical and nuclear weapons) on certain targets even outside of the peninsula. This may lead to them becoming a radioactive ruin but it wouldn't be pretty in the least. They do have enough missile tech to strike Japan or Russia on top of South Korea and enough explosives to do some damage.

Of course the wild card here is China though if the North was the aggressor you would see China either step in and stop them through military means the best they could or at least let them get steamrolled by the better equipped South+UN Allies. But if the South is the perceived aggressor well yeah things can go really really bad there.

Also Russia though may not get militarily involved if they are not attacked or they get no direct gain they are also a wild card holding the northern border.

And even if everything went well you would still have to deal with a underfed, poorly educated, heavily indoctrinated population who have been living basically a real life 1984 for a couple of decades to reeducated, and control and it would not be pretty.

Though I highly doubt this will lead into a full scale war but I mean it is kind setting up to a scary level since Lee is a hard liner, KJI is old and their may be more of an internal struggle for power in the country than we know and so forth.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    srsly

Elendil on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What are we really defending by keeping military forces in South Korea?

Weeaboo Lite, that's what.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/286229

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yep. Maybe I haven't gotten to the point yet where he stops being a whiny little bitch.

It's not my job to help him grow up. Tali is more of an adult than him.

Feral on

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

I was going to make a joke about how Voldemort scarred her as a baby... Then I remembered how she got that scar and I take it back

D:

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    if you don't want to play therapist and daddy to a bunch of one-dimensional punks, why are you playing an RPG

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

ME2 beginning spoiler

AWESOME

How does that spoiler have the slightest thing to do with the beginning of ME2?

I mean, regarding Wrex:
    Why on earth would he be alive if dead in ME1 - that would make no sense whatsoever

Because of how ME2 imports data into ME1. If you don't do a specific thing then those characters are cut off permanently where as in ME2 plenty of ME1 cast members make a return.

Though I highly doubt this will lead into a full scale war but I mean it is kind setting up to a scary level since Lee is a hard liner, KJI is old and their may be more of an internal struggle for power in the country than we know and so forth.

This is the way I see it, honestly. The military is trying to take control and all of this could be part of a coup.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    if you don't want to play therapist and daddy to a bunch of one-dimensional punks, why are you playing an RPG

:lol:

Feral on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    I haven't had the chance to talk to my friend in Korea yet either. Since time zones and her being all party girl and busy and such.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can I give out permanent infractions because one of my customers has been calling my (I shit you not) boss's boss's boss's boss weekly?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I've seen that they could hit the outskirts of the city, but not really land good hits in the city center. But I don't have a source ATM, so take that for what you will.

If Best Korea messes up GSL season 3, Imma be totes pissed.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you are so wrong feral

you are making the wrong decision

argh

Elendil on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

You know, I was thinking the other day how much better writing in video games needs to be.

It really would help leaps and bounds I think if the Non-player characters weren't solely dependent on Player input and decisions for their own growth. But then, would it just feel scripted and pointless when and as they change if it wasn't as a direct result of something you did?

I don't know. Interesting questions.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    you are so wrong feral

argh

this is what I hate about mass effect discussions

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Invention of Lying.

I much prefer Gervais' standup to be honest.

I actually find him a bit insufferable nowadays really. He's pretty full of himself.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The biggest threat to Seol from my understanding isn't the artillery its the network of tunnels that the South Koreans keep blowing up that are pretty much through the DMZ and all the way to Seoul which crazy North Koreans can charge through and set off explosives and such.

Though I think this is really just silly and probably not true other than they find them occasionally.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I have to admit you have a point here.

desc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    you are so wrong feral

argh

this is what I hate about mass effect discussions
    ME2 spoiler
    oh my god he is going to kill wrex and get that douchey Wreav and then he'll be like I TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT THE KROGANS

YOU CAN STOP THE MADNESS, FERAL

YOU CAN STOP IT

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    desc, are you potentially up for TQ tonight

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

You know, I was thinking the other day how much better writing in video games needs to be.

It really would help leaps and bounds I think of the characters weren't solely dependent on Player input and decisions for their own growth. But then, would it just feel scripted and pointless when and as they change if it wasn't as a direct result of something you did?

I don't know. Interesting questions.

After playing White Knight Chronicles I can say that going in the complete opposite from having everyone depend on you to be the hero sucks.

It's basically one of the worst single-player JRPGs I've ever suffered through, although I hear people like the multiplayer.

Throughout the entire game, your character is pretty much just there, everyone else is special except for you, it's pretty annoying.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    oh my god this is horrible

stay up all night chu, no biggie, nothing to do until thursday when you go to your dad's for thanksgiving

but wait

apparently your older brother who lives 2 hours away is coming down today and crashing at your dad's so now you are going too so the whole family (well, whole half of it) will be together for the first time in forever

i'm so fucking exhausted and now i need to do laundry and shower and go to the bank and take transit....

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.