Options

Is The Wii Really Struggling?

2»

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The last bit of activity I did with my Wii was softmod it, then play through Earthbound once. I don't even think I've turned it on since then.

It's not that I don't like the system, it's just that I seem to honestly forget it's there. When I decide to boot up a game, my hand always goes for the PS3 or 360 controller first.

That being said, NSMB 4-Player on world 9 was some of the best/most hilarious/ most frustrating gaming I've ever done.

PS: Just in case anyone want's to throw a fit, I do actually own Earthbound, but my SNES lives with my dad (he has so much fun playing SMW that I couldn't imagine taking it when I moved).

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would have to say that the Wii is doing fine.

That writer has accomplished exactly what he wanted.

We all read his article because he was making silly goose type claims.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hm, took a little longer than I expected for this thread to devolve into justifying why you love the Wii/why you haven't turned it on or dusted it in eons.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Between the excellent Mario Galaxies, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, and the best version of RE4 I've gotten some good value out of my Wii, but I do hate tempering any excitement I have over a new game with "it'll be really, really blurry compared to everything else" since everything's in standard definition. Not too shabby other than that, though, I otherwise don't mind last gen graphics all that much. (The God of War Collection looks just fine to me, for example.)

Darlan on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Wii is basically home to all of those really niche, incredibly fun games that came out on the PS2.

It's like an entire catalog of Ribbit Kings.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I bet at least 10-20% of the 360's sales numbers are people that bought another one because thir previous one broke on them.

I say this having to have had mine repaired 3 times in 2 years with ample breathing room.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Schwhat wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    ... what the hell is Fatburger?

Fucking horrible, disgusting, and delicious.

/limed for the truth

Fatburger is sorta like a Johnny Rockets, but less dancing, less retro 50s-60s gear on employees, and more of a delicious burger where they toast the bun just right, mustard and relish drip out because they overdo it on toppings (that's why they wrap it and leave one side open for you to eat. I would try compare it to a 5 guys burger or shake shack (NYC) but I have never been to either and it may not be prevalent in your local area.

I live in Ohio where Fatburger and 5 guys both exist. I prefer Fatburger by a good margin.

As far as the Wii...I doubt nintendo is worried. The 3DS is waiting in the wings 2 months from now to again put nintendo at the top of the console sales market.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    3DS is a handheld, not a console. /nitpicking

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Hm, took a little longer than I expected for this thread to devolve into justifying why you love the Wii/why you haven't turned it on or dusted it in eons.

Should've been about 1 post considering how easy the OP question was to answer.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yeah but from a financial standpoint the 3DS is likely to quickly again begin to print money all over again just like the ds still does. They dont have to be in a hurry to put out a Wii 2, or HD Wii or whatever. They can let the marketplace ride on its current sales and come out with something brand new (possibly 3d based again) that the other companies havent done yet. It took the xbox and ps3 what...3-4 years before they realized that the wiis 'gimmick' was worth copying dispite nintendos high market share. Nintendo can sit back and develop the next new thing.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It's a handheld console. The word "console" is only dropped to save time, that doesn't change what it is.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh snap!

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Klonoa

Oh fuck!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou

I have a Wii so I can play this now! I kinda forgot that it was made! The first two Klonoas are some of my favorite games ever

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    myownsummermyownsummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the NPD's UncleSporky - I was half-ass digging for those and should have used my whole ass. I was also looking for the data to back up the "PlayStation-has-overtaken-Xbox-for-worldwide-sales" and coming up short.

myownsummer on
    rosievp6.jpg