As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Modest Pile of [CHAT]

FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Artist's Corner
Okay

It's really unsettling how the forums going down for 2 days took so much of the wind out of my sails.

I don't think I realized how much I need an immediately source of distraction every so often to keep working on things.

Fugitive on

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    You ain't kidding.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh yay forums!

Also, what does being a "Super Mod" entail?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I use these boards to clear my head when Im at work.

You know...for reasons beyond my control I had to spend two nights at my parents home with my wife. There is nothing cool about being a grown-ass, married man rushing to put your pants on because your mom is coming upstairs.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maybe... Just maybe, a supermod can turn a challenge thread into a poll? Oh dear I certainly hope so, all else and the challenge thread will most likely become the challengepocalypse.

m3nace on
  • Options
    FletcherFletcher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeeLock wrote: »
    Oh yay forums!

Also, what does being a "Super Mod" entail?

from what I've seen it generally means you have modding ability/responsibility in every part of the forums, not just the AC or whatever

plus you get dental

Fletcher on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eh, I didn't really miss you guys.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay, the forums are back!

You guys should buy the least expensive tablet on this page (for a good cause):
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E6IJ6C?ie=UTF8

Mangoes on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh thank God.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm so used to clicking on my bookmarks link to get here, and I do it out of habit without even thinking...and I started to read this thread, and suddenly remembered that the forums went dead for 2 days.

I didn't even realize "oh, the forums are up again". I kept clicking that link over the past two days out of habit, and I kept forgetting "they're not up right now". Goodness!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh thank goodness the AC is back. I was starting to panic about Secret Santa.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Also I slept for 13 hours last night.

Double yay!

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got a lot done

I don't like what that suggests

Tam on
  • Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    what does that suggest tam? that you done some things? a lot of things? well, you'll have to show us those won't ya.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    None of it was drawing
    I got a lot of school and research work done while the forums were down
    and spent some quality time with the roommates
    which suggests I am a lot more productive without the forums

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I need the forums to be produective. Occasional 5 min distractions keep me away from often 1 hour distractions (i.e. movies and l4d2)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    Oh thank goodness the AC is back. I was starting to panic about Secret Santa.

I need to get kicking on drawing this

I do have an idea ... but I usually like to watch TV while I draw, and I've lost the dvd remote.
    GOD why is my life so full of OBSTACLES.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the recent A-Team movie wasn't worth the effort. They had such a great cast but the script was so bad it all amounts to a huge missed opportunity.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, that movie had potential. I mean, it's the A-Team.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What could have been a really good "team" movie ended up being a film full of bad characterization where every scene was a character discussing a plan interspliced with the plan actually occurring. That shit happens at least 3 times in the movie.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What is a good team movie that actually comes together at the end?

Expendables - no
    The Losers - no
    Oceans X? - no
    red? - almost

i guess i can hold out for what... the avengers?

still trying to think of some more movies

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Ocean's movies are excellent at having stuff come together, in my opinion. I love those films.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    CapnMango wrote: »
    The Ocean's movies are excellent at having stuff come together, in my opinion. I love those films.

i liked the first one, the ones that followed hurt, and julia roberts playing someone playing julia roberts was a kick in the gumbos for me.

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Inception, for example, is a good "Team Movie". As is Reservoir Dogs, The Guns of Navarone, The Matrix (to a lesser extent), The Great Escape, The Usual Suspects.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh hey I remember you guys.

Does Inception count as a team movie?

EDIT: Dangit, Mars already mentioned it. Um, maybe Serenity?

Flay on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just saw "session 9". I'm afraid the now dark abyss of my mind will keep me up all night...
    Best psychological horror I've ever seen, despite it's low budget. Uggh my heart was actually aching at a certain point D:

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I would say so, yeah.

EDIT: Menace, that's my favorite scary movie of all time!

• Options
    edited December 2010
    So, what would you guys pay, at most, for an Intuos3 12x19? It's probably too big for most of our needs (that's why I'm selling it), so it's purely hypothetical. It's retail price was in the mid 700s (I didn't pay that), so surely it's worth at least $300.

There seems to be a specific market for these things, and I can't seem to find it. I tried Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, Conceptart.org, and here. No one who doesn't have one really wants it, apparently.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would say Inception was a good team movie, yeah. It totally counts.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Inception, for example, is a good "Team Movie". As is Reservoir Dogs, The Guns of Navarone, The Matrix (to a lesser extent), The Great Escape, The Usual Suspects.

i like all those as good team movies (well i find inception debatable, i can see the other side of the arguement, i just dont like it :P)

with the exception of the matrix, with neo, the one.... the other team members are expendable, but yeah its a new generations star wars except it had no sequels. Admittedly i havent seen the matrix in 7 years

Also good team movie that the expendables is loosely based off of, the dirty dozen

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey you guys, so I've eaten today and all that jazz, but! My head keeps getting this numb feeling like when you hold your breath for too long and then the room starts spinning and I can't move for a couple minutes. Do you think this warrants going to the doctor with no insurance or money? I'm thinking I should just ride it out till tomorrow and see if it continues or gets worse.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Dirty Dozen, absolutely!

• Options
    edited December 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Hey you guys, so I've eaten today and all that jazz, but! My head keeps getting this numb feeling like when you hold your breath for too long and then the room starts spinning and I can't move for a couple minutes. Do you think this warrants going to the doctor with no insurance or money? I'm thinking I should just ride it out till tomorrow and see if it continues or gets worse.

With a huge disclaimer that, despite what my mail sometimes erroneously states, I am NOT a doctor, so my recommendations are anecdotal at best and should be approached as such.

That said, I think you should keep an eye on your vitals tonight, but if things don't improve definitely get your ass to a doctor. If you've eaten, and gotten plenty of sleep and it still persists, you might have blood pressure issues or problems with your heart. It could also be not enough oxygen getting through to your brain. Any number of serious issues that aren't worth ignoring.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aw, I missed my 4000th post.

@Pierce: That is worrying. I'd say be on the safe side and get what help you can. Is there any reason why this might be happening? I mean, are you getting these dizzy spells out of the blue or is it the result of a fever or any identifyable illness like that?

Flay on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've been perfectly fine, yesterday I was suddenly very sick to my stomach, but that went away. Then today, about an hour after waking up, I started getting these dizzy spells. Totally out of the blue.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wait, in what way were you sick to your stomache? Were you expelling fluids? Is it possible your system is dehydrated today from what occurred with your stomache yesterday?

• Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This came up on the internetz.

raptorxmas.jpg

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wait, in what way were you sick to your stomache? Were you expelling fluids? Is it possible your system is dehydrated today from what occurred with your stomache yesterday?
    Nope, no fluids were expelled.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So in what way were you sick to your stomache?

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am going to go raving AND painting tonight- i get to paint, AT a rave!
    live music to paint to!
    this is gonna be awesome

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So in what way were you sick to your stomache?
    Just like pain/discomfort, and the feeling that I could start puking at any time. Though I never did, and it went away after a few hours.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.