Options

Organi[chat]

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Then again, looking at the kind of women he pines after, I kind of see why he feels the need to treat interactions with females like a war. Dude needs to trade up hardcore.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    I hate my big feet

I am like a 13

I hate going shoe shopping
    Arivia wrote: »
    also thank you for the help mori <3

:o What did I do?

With pizza and stuff, silly!

@Synd: Normally I'd order from Pizza Pizza, which is cheaper, but I had a craving for the good stuff tonight.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    13 88888888888888888-)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Gingercakes, is there a reason your sister-in-law's status is listed as 'single' while your brother's is listed as married?

I think it's a joke. Who the hell is my sister-in-law, anyway?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    it is in oxford

also, seriously?

in london you get a moderate apartment for roughly US 20,000 a month

you have to be shitting me

I seriously cannot believe that

even in NYC I'm pretty sure you can get a nice apartment for 5,000 US a month

god I can't even imagine paying 5k a mo in rent, let alone 20k
    A nice apartment in NYC is a minimum of 2500 dollars. This is for more than 500 square feet, a good location, a doorman and maybe a balcony.

A great location will make the same 500 sq. feet about 5 grand.

Some of the apartments I really want cost millions of dollars to own, but are usually entire floors of buildings with keyed elevator access and huge terraces. I do not expect to have one, but it is a nice fantasy.

yes that is like what I am saying

NYC, you can get a nice place for 5k a month

that's way more than I can imagine paying, but it's also a fraction of what it costs to live in london aparently

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »

I can't

I just can't really accept that there is a city where a standard 2 bedroom apartment will cost you $24,000US a month

you have to pull down 300k/yr to pay for just your rent

how can anyone afford to live there

Dude. Western London is where all the plutocrats live in the summer, or when they go shoppping. They are so far detached from where the rest of us are that the rich city boys who earn 300k a year are priced out of the market

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also Elendil my reply to your huh? was eaten by the forums.

I was mostly just saying that I had the mental image of Themyscira as being full of semi-immortal wonder women and apparently none of them can fly and also there are male amazons which I guess I would approve of politically but it's not really what I had in mind for the RPG.

I have a vague mental image of a few amazons and one other character as a guide, maybe a ghost who's been summoned up to perform some task that requires them leaving Themyscira. I'd like to do something fairly overtly about gender (and rolling dice and kicking ass) within that whole DC universe.

So even if it was all in soft focus and not really involving any actual big name super heroes, I figured I could easily make it seem like a side story that could happen in a DC book. It will probably require more bending than that, and I kind of knew a Green Lantern one would require some liberties too.

I'm not really big on stories that do wild What If?-y things in RPGs specifically in the context of superheroes for some reason. Like, if I did star wars I would want it to be based in all of George Lucas' silliness.

4 players -> amazons -> FEMINISM

4 players -> green lanterns -> LUCID DREAMING

desc on
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i read the Game out of curiosity. Then I took a shower. Holy shit that is a rabbit hole that goes deep.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    I hate my big feet

I am like a 13

I hate going shoe shopping
    also thank you for the help mori <3

:o What did I do?

With pizza and stuff, silly!

@Synd: Normally I'd order from Pizza Pizza, which is cheaper, but I had a craving for the good stuff tonight.

There are places in Brooklyn where you can get a 2 dollar slice, two of which are the size of a small Pizza Hut pie.

I'll get two slices and a can soda for about 6 bucks, and I am full until dinner. I know if I ever leave this area I will miss this stuff.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gingercakes, is there a reason your sister-in-law's status is listed as 'single' while your brother's is listed as married?

Go look at your brother's info, it says he's married to someone.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I can't

I just can't really accept that there is a city where a standard 2 bedroom apartment will cost you $24,000US a month

you have to pull down 300k/yr to pay for just your rent

how can anyone afford to live there

To be fair it isn't really a standard apartment. Anything with an SW postcode costs a freaking fortune.

Fortunately London's transport network is such that a half hour commute can carry you some quite considerable distance away from the centre of the city. There are actually people that commute from Birmingham into London (an hour and twenty minutes) two or three times a week because it's cheaper than living there.

japan on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    My girlfriend has such a fucking broken homelife. Her brother just got arrested for punching out their mom. Great.

Edit: Also, Chu, you're a 10.5? You're fucking like 6'2". I'm a god damn 12.

That's awesome justin, so like just decided to knock out the mom, or was this an escalation of meth grievences?

I have no idea. I met the kid on Saturday for the first time and he's a fantastic spinner of lies. Talking about a former girlfriend in Japan and his current one is in China. About how he used to be the administrator for PSN Magazine before it was official with Sony. And then some other bullshit about how next year from now, he plans on going to China to get his girlfriend, marry her and have 2 kids. Like, what the fuck? He's 27, lives at home, and from I'm told his room is a pile of filth but I've never seen it.

That said, I got her memory for her laptop and it came in this tiny like 2"x2" box. I just put it in a huge box and wrapped it under our tree. She's going to be all excited that I got her something huge.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    if you run pbp amazons desc I am so in

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there is no universe out of all possible universes where fast food pizza is "the good stuff"

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    yeah i have little feet

and i guess my dong ain't much bigger :[

if your dong is bigger than your feet than you are doing fine

and by "fine" i mean "very frightening to pretty much all ladies"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man having a child is such witch doctery bullshit "Eat these specific foods to up your chances of having a boy, don't eat these foods because they may be dangerous to the baby."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Oh, I see, you know the hypothetical sister-in-law is listed as single because it doesn't say who he's married to.

Yeah, I think it's a joke.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »

I was mostly just saying that I had the mental image of Themyscira as being full of semi-immortal wonder women and apparently none of them can fly and also there are male amazons which I guess I would approve of politically but it's not really what I had in mind for the RPG.

I have a vague mental image of a few amazons and one other character as a guide, maybe a ghost who's been summoned up to perform some task that requires them leaving Themyscira. I'd like to do something fairly overtly about gender (and rolling dice and kicking ass) within that whole DC universe.

So even if it was all in soft focus and not really involving any actual big name super heroes, I figured I could easily make it seem like a side story that could happen in a DC book. It will probably require more bending than that, and I kind of knew a Green Lantern one would require some liberties too.

I'm not really big on stories that do wild What If?-y things in RPGs specifically in the context of superheroes for some reason. Like, if I did star wars I would want it to be based in all of George Lucas' silliness.

that was my huh :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    it is in oxford

also, seriously?

in london you get a moderate apartment for roughly US 20,000 a month

you have to be shitting me

I seriously cannot believe that

even in NYC I'm pretty sure you can get a nice apartment for 5,000 US a month

god I can't even imagine paying 5k a mo in rent, let alone 20k
    A nice apartment in NYC is a minimum of 2500 dollars. This is for more than 500 square feet, a good location, a doorman and maybe a balcony.

A great location will make the same 500 sq. feet about 5 grand.

Some of the apartments I really want cost millions of dollars to own, but are usually entire floors of buildings with keyed elevator access and huge terraces. I do not expect to have one, but it is a nice fantasy.

yes that is like what I am saying

NYC, you can get a nice place for 5k a month

that's way more than I can imagine paying, but it's also a fraction of what it costs to live in london aparently

It's all about neighborhoods.

If you want to live in the tower on the UWS in NYC that Madonna lives in, be prepared to pay a minimum of 12-15k a month. Minimum.

Then there are the 4-5k/month maintenance fees.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also, the trial they got was so hilariously stupid you could almost think that it was really a bunch of racist trolls who did it

because they had military IDs with them (which of course has the insignia of the norwegian king on them) they accused them of being on an espionage mission for King Harald V

also, that killing a random driver was part of an insidious plan to fuck up all of congo

maybe

just maybe

their story that members of the rebel/bandit group in the area tried to rob them and shot their driver is the truth

Secret spying mission for not-so-imperialist Norway: ludicrous idea.
    Chance they were doing something morally questionable in Africa: pretty high.

they had this like training camp shit

experience what war is like or whatever? It was a seriously dumb idea. they're just two fools.

but anyway

yeah

that's the attitude over here too

but their trial was still complete bullshit

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so, should I tip on top of that? agh I do not know

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Oh, I see, you know the hypothetical sister-in-law is listed as single because it doesn't say who he's married to.

Ah, my cousin did that. Given how bad she is at communicating with the family it caused a bit of a panic for a little while until she cleared it up.

Edit - Heh, I don't think your brother was expecting such a vehement response.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    there is no universe out of all possible universes where fast food pizza is "delicious"

What the hell are you talking about

I know you partake in the ganja man

That is just crazy talk

Nocturne on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To be fair it isn't really a standard apartment. Anything with an SW postcode costs a freaking fortune.

Fortunately London's transport network is such that a half hour commute can carry you some quite considerable distance away from the centre of the city. There are actually people that commute from Birmingham into London (an hour and twenty minutes) two or three times a week because it's cheaper than living there.

Eh, depends on the area.

'round Wandsworth isn't exactly going to cost you so much that the middleclass are priced out.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Synd: I am lucky to live right next to a couple really good local places.

Like it costs less and is better

They don't deliver though, so I have to get dressed and shit to get it.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organ, one eye looking forward, the other eye looking elsewhere.

it is my trademark

like the sticky bandits, i need a calling card

so god gave me the eye

.. crazy high but I spot a traitor out my lazy eye / ladies spy I'm the one they want to have their baby by ..

desc on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Listening to Raconteurs. Love this band.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so, should I tip on top of that? agh I do not know

No way!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    there is no universe out of all possible universes where fast food pizza is "the good stuff"

where does non-chain takeout stand on the spectrum of

fast food <
    > handcrafted by the ghost of the guy who invented the pizza

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I thought Wonder Woman's armor let her fly around. Pegasus shoes or somesuch nonsense. She has the indestructible wristguards and the tiara/boomerang and the lasso and the invisible jet and OHMYGOD SHE'S JUST BATMAN WITH A VAGINA!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Woot, got work all this week.

Shweeeeeet.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Listening to Raconteurs. Love this band.

Raconteurs is p good

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Synd: I am lucky to live right next to a couple really good local places.

Like it costs less and is better

They don't deliver though, so I have to get dressed and shit to get it.

yeah, I could just go get a slice but no way I am getting up and out tonight

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    there is no universe out of all possible universes where fast food pizza is "delicious"

What the hell are you talking about

I know you partake in the ganja man

That is just crazy talk
    yeah well

um

>.>

shut up

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »

that was my huh :(

right after I hit submit I realized that I switched your names

but I knew I had to live with the shame of switching your names up. A ninja edit would have only made it worse.

desc on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My girlfriend has such a fucking broken homelife. Her brother just got arrested for punching out their mom. Great.

Edit: Also, Chu, you're a 10.5? You're fucking like 6'2". I'm a god damn 12.

That's awesome justin, so like just decided to knock out the mom, or was this an escalation of meth grievences?

I have no idea. I met the kid on Saturday for the first time and he's a fantastic spinner of lies. Talking about a former girlfriend in Japan and his current one is in China. About how he used to be the administrator for PSN Magazine before it was official with Sony. And then some other bullshit about how next year from now, he plans on going to China to get his girlfriend, marry her and have 2 kids. Like, what the fuck? He's 27, lives at home, and from I'm told his room is a pile of filth but I've never seen it.

That said, I got her memory for her laptop and it came in this tiny like 2"x2" box. I just put it in a huge box and wrapped it under our tree. She's going to be all excited that I got her something huge.

I love people who lie to horribly you can't even try and believe it. And are you saying she's got a huge box justin?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Woot, got work all this week.

Shweeeeeet.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Ah, my cousin did that. Given how bad she is at communicating with the family it caused a bit of a panic for a little while until she cleared it up.

Edit - Heh, I don't think your brother was expecting such a vehement response.

Hah I feel kind of bad for him, he's really just a kid who wants to have the edge on reality. But the only way he's gonna learn is if he's told, and he won't listen to me. Maybe hearing it from someone else will drive it home.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

where does non-chain takeout stand on the spectrum of

fast food <
    > handcrafted by the ghost of the guy who invented the pizza

fast food <--Little Ceasars-------Pizza Hut-Dominos------Papa John's--------------------------------------------------> Ghost Pie

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been doing training for new sales people for much of the day. Oy.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.