Options

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I never finished the original Deus Ex. That's disappointing, because I was legitimately enjoying it.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    Sometimes I can't understand why the guys have such trouble getting the Comic and Newspost up in a timely fashion on M-W-F. It doesn't bother me so much, but it doesn't make sense to me either that they're so hit or miss and inconsistent.

Man do you read many other webcomics

they're like a metronome compared to practically every other site

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah thats a truth for just about any father, its a lesson all kids need to learn.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    my cassoulet turned out pretty good. frankie loves it. that slightly sour flavor kind of receded once i put the bread crumbs on it and baked it.

i've been trying to figure out where the beans might have fermented. the only possibility is the overnight soak. that slow-cooker, even at the "warm" setting was well over 160 degrees and i don't think yeast could have set up in that environment. the other possibility, i guess, was that i used a can of tomatoes and the tartness of tomatoes varies wildly.

also maybe just some function of the ingredients and enzymes at whatever the slow-cooker temperatures are vs. stovetop/ oven temperatures. anyways, it turned out pretty well and frankie is wild about it after expecting to hate it, which is gratifying.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Sometimes I can't understand why the guys have such trouble getting the Comic and Newspost up in a timely fashion on M-W-F. It doesn't bother me so much, but it doesn't make sense to me either that they're so hit or miss and inconsistent.

Absolutely.

Let's take VG Cats, for example...

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah PA without fail has their comic and post up usually before noon unless something catastrophic has happened. I remember one of their key points to any new webcomic is consistency, nothings kills readers faster then a ramsosir update schedule.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Nah, I know. I know.

I just don't get how, with Khoo around, they get away with it.

LaOs on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woo, got in to work early. More time to sit and wait for customers.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Also, this image alone makes me want to play the next tomb raider.
    jan2011_cover_b_front.jpg

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    back to Mage wheeeeee

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

Did you like the special effects weather this morning? Swear to god at my place we had lightning, thunder, and then bam torrential down pour, now its sunny out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

funny. it put of the mind to join the big brother program for "mentoring" 8th grade boys.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

funny. it put of the mind to join the big brother program for "mentoring" 8th grade boys.

haha.

It's the first time they haven't been trying to sell her as an oversexed, pristinely clean person doing crazy shit.

If a grittier, dirtier (not even darker, i dont care one way or the other on that one) exploration game came along, and it focused on the isolation and whatnot that made the gameplay of that series so much fun... I would be in.

Give me crazy traps, daring jumps, and dingy, muddy corridors long forgotten, the occasional t-rex, and I will be right back in the chair, having a blast.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cassoulet + duck confit = happy wintertime podly

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A publicity still for a flailing franchise that hasn't really made a good game like ever? Yeah man just got hard.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Did you like the special effects weather this morning? Swear to god at my place we had lightning, thunder, and then bam torrential down pour, now its sunny out.

Only had clear skies and plenty of wind. I'm up by Greenlake, though, a little up Aurora Ave.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A publicity still for a flailing franchise that hasn't really made a good game like ever? Yeah man just got hard.

Legend was actually a pretty good game. Underworld tanked, but the series is more than capable of making a fun platformer, even as recently as this console generation.

edit: apparently there are a bunch of gameplay shots in the magazine, and this "promo shot" is pretty close to what she looks like in game.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Only had clear skies and plenty of wind. I'm up by Greenlake, though, a little up Aurora Ave.

You guys suck! We had wind, and nasty rain over in bothell kirkland area.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i really liked Tomb Raider

it affected me deeply, the sense of exploration and vastness and loneliness

Tomb Raider 2 fucking blew my asshole. near the end i was swimming around in a high tech facility with a harpoon and i was like "where the fuck are the tombs?"

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    cassoulet + duck confit = happy wintertime podly

man i couldn't justify the expense of duck in my cassoulet this time, so i used chicken legs. they work fine - there is so much going on in a cassoulet that it's almost a waste to use expensive ingredients like duck confit or saucisson a l'ail. I used chicken drums and portuguese chourico instead and they work pretty well.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Great. The filling I had crammed in one of my teeth on Monday just went out with a nicely sounding crunch.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i really liked Tomb Raider

it affected me deeply, the sense of exploration and vastness and loneliness

Tomb Raider 2 fucking blew my asshole. near the end i was swimming around in a high tech facility with a harpoon and i was like "where the fuck are the tombs?"

2 was AWFUL. 3 was okay, but not as good as 1.

And I am pretty sure every tomb raider between 3 and legends was just "bad."

Legend was a good game, and a step in the right direction for the series.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You guys suck! We had wind, and nasty rain over in bothell kirkland area.

It was raining pretty hard up here when I left work last night, and Capitol Hill was a river when I went to bed at midnight. I think we just worked through the rain before you guys.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Hey do you guys want to help me with my homework but in a fun way?

If someone asked you to think of things that are cool (as in hip, trendy, etc), what are some things that would come to your mind?

fixed gear bicycles. I see them all the time around here. long boards too.
    those cheap plastic rayban-ish sunglasses with neon colors for the ear peices. kids wear those like crazy too around here.
    What about things that are uncool?

jorts
    fanny packs
    Dynagrip

no u

lol pwned

ps glad to see u r finally coming around on the whole global warming thing

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    While the new Kanye isn't terrible, the amount of praise that it gets it's solid proof that people have absolutely no taste.

Here's a sample.
    No one man should have all that power
    The clock’s tickin’, I just count the hours
    Stop trippin’, I’m trippin’ off the power
    ‘Til then, f-ck that, the World’s ours

Wow.

What a word smith. Unparalleled. He rhymed power with hour and our! Shakespeare, you've met your match!

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So what is it you do now?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    agh

I was going not to bring my psxboxtriplesixty home for Christmas but the DS2 demo drops on the 21st! eep!

also, I want to get an action game for a change of pace. Arkham Asylum, the God of War collection, Assassin's Creed: which one of these?

AA and AC has a lot of stealth. If you just want to smash face in, God of War's the way ot go.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sheep just doesn't care about black people.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well she gets the specs from the customers and she gives them to the engineers...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    While the new Kanye isn't terrible, the amount of praise that it gets it's solid proof that people have absolutely no taste.

Here's a sample.
    No one man should have all that power
    The clock’s tickin’, I just count the hours
    Stop trippin’, I’m trippin’ off the power
    ‘Til then, f-ck that, the World’s ours

Wow.

What a word smith. Unparalleled. He rhymed power with hour and our! Shakespeare, you've met your match!

if i had my way, whenever someone rhymed "love" with "above," a cadre of tall men in black suits and sunglasses would whisk them away, never to be heard from again.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

i read some article where kanye west said he knew what it must have felt like to be gw bush after he said that because of his taylor swift incident

kanye west is a pretty dumb person

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well she gets the specs from the customers and she gives them to the engineers...

Well, then I gotta ask, then why can't the customers just take the specifications directly to the software people, huh?

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AA is one of the best games on my ps3. I love batman though so that is part of it. Top it off it was voiced by the old Batman:TAS folks so nostalgia. But I really did love the game. The fights were fun. You felt like the Batman. Master of martial arts, using the area around you to fight not just strength. Using fear as well to disorient your enemies and being almost inhuman creature of vengeance and justice. I am looking forward to Arkham City. I think I heard it is the last time ever Mark Hamil is doing his Joker. That makes it amazing and sad at the same time to me.

I am playing through Assassin's Creed 2 right now. Its fun, I enjoy the plot though it is kind of silly. Combat isn't nearly as good as GoW(all combat) or AA. But the stealth is different. The parkor aspect is just a blast and exploring these full cities of Renaissance Italy is just a blast. I would probably get that before AC:Bro if you are going for the single player.

God of War has the best combat for smash and grab of the three. But it is also the least varied and to tell the truth I love God of War but it gets boring after a while.

Not sure if this helps Rivs.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I work for these people selling pretty things.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    sarcophagus

esophagus

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

i read some article where kanye west said he knew what it must have felt like to be gw bush after he said that because of his taylor swift incident

Yeah that was dumb, as was bush's "That comment was the worst part of my presidency." Really? Really George thought that statement through did you?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well, then I gotta ask, then why can't the customers just take the specifications directly to the software people, huh?

I'm a people person! Can't you understand that? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010

he had a couple of songs I thought were useful, like the rap song decrying the diamond trade and telling all the assholes who are blinging up are supporting genocide and tribal warfare for international financial benefit.

But none of that really matters you you are a douchebag all the damn time, and most of his recent work just seems weeks, meaningless and poorly constructed.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yeah that was dumb, as was bush's "That comment was the worst part of my presidency." Really? Really George thought that statement through did you?

He also said the high point of is presidency was a fish he caught on his ranch

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Haha, middle management. I wish, they get paid more for less work (though it's not like I'm working overly hard here as it is). I'm the store manager, and the sales rep, and the janitor, and the company photographer, and the payroll manager.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.