Options

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    The sad thing about the indie packs is that I already own 1 or 2 games from each of them from the past indie sales.. :(

edit: I was hoping for some game packs to gift out like last time.

Same, but I'm all over that Fright pack.

I'm paying $5 for the Void, and whatever to the rest of the pack.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Someone sell me on ODDBOX.

Stranger's Wrath is the best weird FPS ever, and I'm more than willing to pay $12 for it.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Heavy Hitters Pack is now selectable for me at $20

Maddoc on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok, starting with meaty and Deus Ex. There are some games that are conspicuously absent from group deals (Civ V), so keep your eyes on them.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man I am all about Bad Company 2 on 360 but for that price it seems ok to buy it again for PC.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Amnesia is down to $9.99 again, for any of you who wussed out on it last sale.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also, P.B. Winterbottom is FIFTY CENTS

I will not forgive anyone who doesn't buy it because it was incredibly charming and had excellent music

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I kind of like the "holiday catalog" presentation for the daily deals, but it's also annoying because I have to click each picture to find out what game it is if I can't tell from the picture itself :( I wish they'd put titles on there.

mouseover worked the first time I left the page.

Ah, I'm looking at it on my phone which doesn't have very good mouseover ability (it can kind of do it if you hold your finger down on the link, but it's flakey)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This sale is going to get to me. I'm on semester break and I'm having back issues, all I can really do is sit at my computer and go through these deals. I'm going to spend SO MUCH.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm sad that Fallout 3 GOTY is only 33% off. $20? Really?

(...and then I remember what games cost when they aren't from steam...)

But, still, only 33% off? That $20 could be.. like.. four indie packs.

Decisions, decisions. 33% as a daily deal pretty much guarantees I'm not going to see a better price until next summer at best, right?

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Super Meat Boy for less than $4.

Head asplode.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Decisions, decisions. 33% as a daily deal pretty much guarantees I'm not going to see a better price until next summer at best, right?

To be fair, I got the Fallout 3 GOTY edition over the summer, and finally started playing it last month. I've got 30 hours logged, and I'm less than halfway through the story, I've only done a couple of sidequests, and I haven't even touched any DLC quests yet.

If you do everything, it's almost certainly a 100 hour game.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    JDcapoJDcapo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Great...I bought deus ex for $2.49 a few weeks back, and now the collection is selling for that much...
    I feel bad ):
    I need to get deus ex 2 now

JDcapo on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »

I will not forgive anyone who doesn't buy it because it was incredibly charming and had excellent music

Heh, somehow I still am not interested. I dunno, game doesn't look interesting to me at all...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SteevL wrote: »

No, don't buy it now. It is not a "deal of the day". Don't buy it till the last day if it doesn't show up as a daily deal.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The game is worth $20 bucks. Steam just spoils you with 75% off deals.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Head asplode.

I'm pretty sure this obligates you to buy it and do an LP for us.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    jclast wrote: »

Head asplode.

I'm pretty sure this obligates you to buy it and do an LP for us.

so many expletives

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is the PC version of SMB compatible with the 360 controller?

I ask because from what I've heard, it sounds like the sort of experience that really demands a controller.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »

Heh, somehow I still am not interested. I dunno, game doesn't look interesting to me at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWXACG5Ct4Y

I ask because from what I've heard, it sounds like the sort of experience that really demands a controller.

It recognizes the 360 controller natively

Maddoc on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I already have the non-steam version, but I think I will buy the game for the third time

And there are already plans for a LP in place

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

To be fair, I got the Fallout 3 GOTY edition over the summer, and finally started playing it last month. I've got 30 hours logged, and I'm less than halfway through the story, I've only done a couple of sidequests, and I haven't even touched any DLC quests yet.

If you do everything, it's almost certainly a 100 hour game.

I actually put over 30 hours into FO 3 without advancing the story once I hit the Wasteland. Seriously, there are so many side quests and so much exploration.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The game is worth $20 bucks. Steam just spoils you with 75% off deals.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm sitting here torn between "I just got so much win at $2.50 a pop, and you are expecting me to spend 20 dollars? On one game?" and "Fallout 3 without the DLC is still 50 bucks in the store." I <3 oblivion, morrowind, fallouts 1 and 2, and I now have a computer than can actually handle fallout 3; I anticipate being $20 poorer after work.

Or, really, about $40 poorer after you factor in Deus Ex, SMB, and maybe the oddbox (which I'm still on the fence about.)

This is going to be an expensive month.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It is. The first thing you see when you load up the game is a picture of the 360 controller and a random phrase like

Keyboard vs. gamepad you be the judge! (spoiler gamepad wins)

or

First person to say keyboard controls are better gets a punch in the face!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, 150+ indy games on sale, and Recettear isn't one of em?!

No, don't buy it now. It is not a "deal of the day". Don't buy it till the last day if it doesn't show up as a daily deal.

Sounds like someone doesn't remember the Witcher from last year :x

rndmhero on
  • Options
    -Ke--Ke- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

This is what I was confused about. Anything that's not on the "Deal of the day" page will stay on sale until the last day, right? And there's a possibility that anything on sale could be on the "Deal of the Day" list for even cheaper one of these days?

-Ke- on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    rndmhero wrote: »

I don't remember the Witcher from last year.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I noticed that...I'm thinking daily deal?

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Indie Fright Pack is now selectable

$5 for The Void and four other games

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    -Ke- wrote: »

This is what I was confused about. Anything that's not on the "Deal of the day" page will stay on sale until the last day, right? And there's a possibility that anything on sale could be on the "Deal of the Day" list for even cheaper one of these days?

Usually yes. It's just that last year there was a mis-communication with The Witcher where it was a super low price and then it went up with no warning. There was much cursing and gnashing of teeth.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    Arrgh! I want to buy VVVVVV, but I can't figure out how the Indie-sales work. Is it possible that it'll get a higher discount than 50% later in this sale? Or should I just buy the 2D-indie pack straight away?

Or should I skip it and buy Deus Ex instead? Choices :(

If it is not on sale specifically, wait until the very last day to buy it. It will probably be a daily deal, then you'll just be angry at yourself.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think the only Indie Packs I'm getting this time are the Fright and Future pack

Own too many games from all of them, the only other one I'm considering is the Mix pack pretty much solely for DEFCON

If you're going to buy VVVVVV at all, it's in the 2d pack with Super Laser Racer, Geometry Wars, Bullet Candy, and Galcon Fusion for $5

Maddoc on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    did Black Ops ever go on sale?

Shade on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shade wrote: »

Check back two years from now
    I wish I was kidding

Maddoc on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

hahaha no

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    -Ke- wrote: »

Yeah, if it costs $9.99 now, it will not cost more than that till the 2nd of January unless there's a screw-up like there was with The Witcher. There is a chance that it could go a special sale for one day and cost even less than it does now, so I'd wait for that before biting.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't remember the Witcher from last year.

It was a fluke where Valve had some disagreement with the publisher. It went on the normal, non-daily sale for a really nice discount, but everyone did the reasonable thing and said "wait 'til it's a daily sale!" Valve then pulled it at that price, and it wasn't significantly discounted the rest of the week.

Was it representative of how the sale's normally work? No. Am I still bitter about it? Yes.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Steam is borkered still

COMMON, MAN, LET ME SPEND MY $30

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Ha! Modern Warfare 2 isn't even on sale yet :P

BLOPS will go on sale sometime in the next century.

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    seabassseabass Doctor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Was it representative of how the sale's normally work? No. Am I still bitter about it? Yes.

I still don't have a copy of the Witcher as a result.

seabass on
    Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!