Options

Let's Hope There's a [Chat]

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2011
    I think it's funny that people think poodles are prissy dogs for rich people or something.

I guess a standard poodle is kind of expensive and crazy people love to pick out that curly hair into stupid puff balls, but their personality is basically a smarter labrador. They're retrievers.

they're smarter than retrievers, but also they tend to be really fixated and high-energy.

like, retrievers want to get the ball and bring it back but if it doesn't work out then they kind of forget about it in a few seconds

but holy shit if a poodle can't get the ball they will be up all night worried about it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    I was pretty much just ok with FF13.

Didn't finish it but I was happy enough with the game play up to where I quit.

fine, contradict me, see if I even care

It only really irked me when I got to the point that seems to exist in almost every JRPG where you have to just grind monsters to be strong enough to get past the next boss.

That is not a thing I like to do.

I hate hate hate hate that. Grinding is awful.

I'm totally ok with it if I'm, like, grinding to get a new skill, strangely. The idea that I get something concrete makes it worth it. Like it takes an hour and a half but in Tales of Symphonia I'll go out and cast indignation or judgment fifty times just so I get the hi-ougi. Or in FFII I'll grind fire forever because I get new animations for it, whoo.

But if I'm just "too weak" to fight a boss and have to grind, I might just give up.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sazh was pretty good

Lightning and Vanille are my favourites.

Then Sazh and Hope.

Then Snow.

Then Fang.

Hope should get a reward for best character recovery. Dear God I hated that boy, but then he got all grown up.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lightning is still a really stupid name. Lighting, Hope, Snow, Fang.

Fuck off Japan, western names don't really mean anything

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i didn't care for FFXIII

then again i do not have a high tolerance for japanese bullshit

and don't really like games where you just kind of bob along while everything takes care of itself
    same here

playing FFXIII i was really struck with how much i've grown away from having any sort of tolerance for weeaboo bullshit

every time that bitch Vanille opened her mouth i wanted to fucking destroy something

i got 10 hours in and realized, why am i playing a game for so long waiting for the moment when i will like it?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lost Odyssey was pretty fun, but I managed to get my dudes lost in the super mega hardface dungeon and didn't have another save, so I'll probably never finish it. Whoops.

The only thing that annoyed me about it is that it has the traditional bullshit achievement to open every treasure chest.

I got through that dungeon and didn't get it and said fuck it on skill mastering the immortals. So 860/1000 I will be forever.

Also the area you're talking about in FFXIII has the traditional indicator of where to go next on the map - and those enemies don't require any grinding. You can skip everything there in Chapter 11 if you want.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    I think it's funny that people think poodles are prissy dogs for rich people or something.

I guess a standard poodle is kind of expensive and crazy people love to pick out that curly hair into stupid puff balls, but their personality is basically a smarter labrador. They're retrievers.

I want to go hunting with a poodle with the fancy hairdo.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    <- Loves dogfort, hates cancer.

I read this as dogfart

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lost Odyssey was pretty fun, but I managed to get my dudes lost in the super mega hardface dungeon and didn't have another save, so I'll probably never finish it. Whoops.

ha that is where i stopped too!

That place was such bullshit. Do a massive rubix cube puzzle thing while fighting battles that take 10 minutes every dozen or so steps. I think I went back to it awhile ago intending to tough it out and find the exit, but eventually just said fuck it.

Anyway, I gotta go do a thing or two, but I'll probably be back later night so you dudes can school me in some lol.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Man, my lungs are fucked.

Try steam. Get in a really hot shower or bath, and some vicks vapo rub for when you're dry.

Also, try alternating cold and hot air. Do the shower thing then go open up the freezer and hold your head in it for a while and breath, alternatively sit outside if it's really cold. I had lots of awesome bronchial issues growing up, and that tended to help, but I also had inhalers, so it could've just been that.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

A lot of people think the grooming is expensive and/or time consuming.

It is to be fair, relative to a dog that just needs brushing now and again, but not as much as people think it is.

japan on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hello [chat]

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Sazh was pretty good

Lightning and Vanille are my favourites.

Then Sazh and Hope.

Then Snow.

Then Fang.

Hope should get a reward for best character recovery. Dear God I hated that boy, but then he got all grown up.

Pretty much the same here.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Hello [chat]
    hurro

MikeMan on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Day three of this Civ 5 game is complete. Never ending.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    vanille pissed me off so much i think if i even saw the voice actor for her character in real life i would go for her throat
    :winky:

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »

A lot of people think the grooming is expensive and/or time consuming.

It is to be fair, relative to a dog that just needs brushing now and again, but not as much as people think it is.

You just buy a grooming kit with electric razor and keep the hair short enough that it won't matt up. You do it once every 2 months or so with occasional brushing, it's fine. I STRONGLY prefer that to dogs that shed. Cannot stand that shit everywhere.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bloody dogs with their fur. I lived in a place with a golden Lab for a few months, then he used to come visiting with his owner to my new place - for years afterwards the golden hair would turn up in clothes.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I hate that. We had a miniature poodle and he was awesome. Ran all over the swamp near our back yard and we never gave it a retarded haircut.

Quid on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Hello [chat]
    hurro

So, MikeMan, what's the haps?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Bloody dogs with their fur. I lived in a place with a golden Lab for a few months, then he used to come visiting with his owner to my new place - for years afterwards the golden hair would turn up in clothes.

I share a house with two cats that are predominantly white.

I don't buy black clothes anymore.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

When I go home, all my clothing gets little golden hairs all over it.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    John Dye was Touched By An Angel. Unfortunately, it was archangel Michael.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    <- Loves dogfort, hates cancer.

I read this as dogfart

dogfarts are pretty D:

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh Fark, where msogyny is so prevalent someone can ask what an unforced rape is and everyone has some bullshit tale about buyers remorse, like they ever slept with a woman they weren't paying for.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Vanille might be the dumbest name.

Honk on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2011
    should i make mulled wine tonight?

i have the ingredients.

gonna make hamburger helper for dinner.

trashin it up bros

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Alpha Protocol is what I imagine it'd be like playing Michael's life from Burn Notice.

If his life was less lame and involved travel to somewhere outside of Miami, that is.

If by "less lame" you mean completely different and in no way similar, yeah, I could see that

They're both spies, and both are called Michael. The stuff you do in AP is super awesome though, compared to Burn Notice. Also less formulaic.

And your associates are less annoying babies who always cry you aren't doing things the right way and you should give up being a spy blah blah blah.

Dear god, yes. Instead there's an insane amount of sexual tension everywhere.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Hello [chat]
    hurro

So, MikeMan, what's the haps?
    Not too much. I'm feeling alright. Better than Sunday, for sure.

Gonna shower and get dinner and then work on some Chem homework tonight.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh Fark, where msogyny is so prevalent someone can ask what an unforced rape is and everyone has some bullshit tale about buyers remorse, like they ever slept with a woman they weren't paying for.

Hey, at least the general reaction to the cheerleader posed in playboy story was "WTF is this an issue?"

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Do the mulled wine Will, it's cool stuff.

Honk on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I should probably have something to eat.

Gonna have to get takeout.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    should i make mulled wine tonight?

i have the ingredients.

gonna make hamburger helper for dinner.

trashin it up bros

Hamburger helper? For real? I used to look up to you, man. What happened?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DAMMIT YOU WILL PRINT OUT TRANSCRIPT REQUEST.

I WILL HAVE THIS DEGREE.

GLOATING MUST BE DONE.

Quid on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the last hoarders had a guy with thousnads of pet rats the took over his house

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Dear god, yes. Instead there's an insane amount of sexual boning everywhere.

Even Heck, especially Heck.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Hey, at least the general reaction to the cheerleader posed in playboy story was "WTF is this an issue?"

Well of course because that was about tits, and fark loves tits. But anytime marriage, or rape is brought up the same retards who parrot "bitches all lie always" show up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    the last hoarders had a guy with thousnads of pet rats the took over his house

Oh Crispin Glover how the mighty have fallen.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Shivahn wrote: »

When I go home, all my clothing gets little golden hairs all over it.

Then we are agreed. If I can invent some sort of fur fixative spray for cats and dogs I can then make millions from people like Japan who wish to be back in black. I should also get a cut from the Black Clothes Industry

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.