Options

Soy Un [Chat]edor

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am looking forward to seeing how well my suit fits now that I've lost weight.

It was purchased when I wasn't as heavy as I was recently, and whenever I wore it, the pants were too tight on me.

I looked pretty great in that suit anyway, though, so now that it's probably better-fitting, I can only imagine how goddamn sexy I'll be.

I have the most awesome tie too...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, was it man made?

And if so, was it a duplicate of an original?

Did the scientologists build it?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am really worried that Dead Space 2 is going to do the

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

thing. The opening is just too weird.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I read that comic before playing DS1 but it is a quagmire of cool stuff that is not really connected logically.

Honk on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    Regarding the Marker:
    It contains the DNA code for the necromorph virus. Scientists on the first world used it to create the necromorphs in the first game. Its a whole toolbox that can be used to suppress the necromorphs, control them, or spread them.

The mere existence of a marker doesn't create necromorphs.

okay,
    but then why when they removed it did everyone start going crazy and killing each other and necromorphs magically appear on the planet

also the unitologists didnt really have anything to do with it, they just identified it as their rapture or whatever and went crazy

right?

The first marker is alien. The unitoligists figured out how to make more of them. The planet below was overrun by necromorphs prior to DS1 when a scientist didn't decontaminate properly. Classic zombie stuff. After the whole place was over run the marker suppressed them for whatever reason, probably the action of one of the last remaining people. The actions of the ishimura threw that all out of whack and led into DS1

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time. This is the worst I've ever felt in my life and I have no idea what to do or how to deal with it.

What's up Drez?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I read an article not too long ago about a young lady who was followed home by her ex, a woman, who shoved her down and fisted her brutally without consent.

Women are entirely capable of penetration.

Thats pretty fucked up.

I remember hearing about a case where this woman went to her husband/ex-husbands work place which was a motel demanding sexual satisfaction. The husband said no but his co-worker was all sure why not, but when the woman took her pants off the stench coming from her crotch was so awful the co-worker changed his mind. At this time the woman then took out a knife and started threatening them demanding them to eat her out.

Was not actually charged with sexual assault last I checked. Again showing the difference between males and females in the US.

Also regarding Dead Space and markers.

The thing to remember, the markers make you fucking crazy, and obviously are full of ill intent, so any theory that comes about them from the games is distilled through crazy people.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey/will, look up the dead space wiki.
    Necromorphs are generally created by accident by scientists messing with the markers. The markers also project a dead space that prevents necros from breeding

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

Its not, Isaac just has some sanity problems after DS1

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    scientologists

I love how easy it is to replace unitologists with scientologists

...and be most likely entirely accurate

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I wonder how hard Robert Khoo has to work when shit like this happens?

I'll be that guy has an ulcer.

i imagine he comes to work, opens his email and is like

you fucking guys just made us a lot of money

Fixed

Considering that a lot of blogs (especially Jezebel) post such poorly written diatribes in order to deliberately create shitstorms (which create waaaay more page views and ad dollars than anything reasonable) I am betting the tactic works just as well from the other side.

i dunno. this community doesn't really thrive on controversy. it's not really what PA is about, IMO.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    they might also say 'I killed that dude' which is equally crass I guess?

neither bother me at all.

Except that

1) within the context of the game, killing literally occurred.

2) when someone yells that they "raped" someone in a competitive context, they are suggesting that they dominated, humiliated and overpowered the other person. They are specifically accessing the shame and trauma of a sexual assault as a metaphor for their victory in a game. That's gross, completely outside the level of offending rape victims in earshot.

It's like saying something is "gay" when you don't like it.

no, that implies gay is a bad thing.

there is no false implication in saying that rape involves dominance and overpowering. it already means those things and you are using it to mean those things.

I'm not like praising the use or anything but I get where it comes from and why people do it, and I don't think it's any stupider than a lot of other shit people say in those environments.

I don't see how it's different from the word kill, still. if you want I'll say 'in a game that doesn't involve actual killing'.

I would imagine either can be traumatic to some people, either would seem unnecessary and uncaring to some people.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also, was it man made?

DS1 spoilers:
    The marker found on whatever planet is in DS1 was a man-made copy of an alien-made Marker found on Earth (I think). The Unitologists didn't make it (I think) it was whatever Big Evil Space Corporation That's Not Weyland-Yutani hired Isaac "Iron Man Like The Black Sabbath Song Not The Comic Book" Clarke and the Good Ship Red Shirt

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

It doesn't do this at all edward.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Fixed

Considering that a lot of blogs (especially Jezebel) post such poorly written diatribes in order to deliberately create shitstorms (which create waaaay more page views and ad dollars than anything reasonable) I am betting the tactic works just as well from the other side.

i dunno. this community doesn't really thrive on controversy. it's not really what PA is about, IMO.
    Well, there was the Jack Thompson thing.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    They'd be charged with sexual assault assuming they used dildos or strap-ons or whatever.
    that is ridiculous

Well, it's how it works.

No it doesn't. Penetrating someone with a "thing" without consent counts as rape under the criminal law.

This to me would cover 99% of everything.

The only thing under this category which would not be covered (as rape, specifically) would be if a women (or man) somehow induced an erection (say, with a cockring) and against your will used your penis to penetrate themselves.

I would say the chances of this eventuality are sufficiently low, and the circumstances necessary would imply other crimes are being committed in the process + it would still count as aggravated sexual assault.
    For the record, it is possible for a man to gain and maintain an erection without the aid of artificial toys or whatever, and still not want the woman to have sex with him.

This is part of what makes it so insidious, because in addition to third parties sneering with comments like "well, you must have wanted it", it leads to a lot of self-doubt and self-recrimination on the part of the victim, since they too might also think "maybe I really did want it..."

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Fixed

Well, there was the Jack Thompson thing.

PAs response to Thompson was golden.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Also, was it man made?

DS1 spoilers:
    The marker found on whatever planet is in DS1 was a man-made copy of an alien-made Marker found on Earth (I think). The Unitologists didn't make it (I think) it was whatever Big Evil Space Corporation That's Not Weyland-Yutani hired Isaac "Iron Man Like The Black Sabbath Song Not The Comic Book" Clarke and the Good Ship Red Shirt

This is the best explanation

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

Thank you.

Still though. Weird opening. I guess it's good that I was thinking

"omg what is real D: "

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wish I could empty my HSA and use it to pay off some debt!

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited January 2011

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

Thank you.

After Ds1, who wouldn't be a little crazy?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    They'd be charged with sexual assault assuming they used dildos or strap-ons or whatever.
    that is ridiculous

Well, it's how it works.

No it doesn't. Penetrating someone with a "thing" without consent counts as rape under the criminal law.

This to me would cover 99% of everything.

The only thing under this category which would not be covered (as rape, specifically) would be if a women (or man) somehow induced an erection (say, with a cockring) and against your will used your penis to penetrate themselves.

I would say the chances of this eventuality are sufficiently low, and the circumstances necessary would imply other crimes are being committed in the process + it would still count as aggravated sexual assault.
    Just find a guy who is sleeping that you want to rape, and sit on his penis. It will most likely be erect, because he is sleeping. When he wakes up he will be confused and already in the process of penetrating you. Voila, instant rape.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the el chatador

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not-Weyland-Yutani

:lol:

Honk on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    bowen wrote: »

Wait, more on this... I can as long as I pay a 10% penalty tax?? Wow that's a hell of a lot of money I could be using to pay off debts.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man, does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this?

I just put you in the position of Mike and Jerry. And you just went "Well I didn't break any laws so I'll just keep on truckin'"

And you're outraged at those who have stated that same view regarding dickwolves

oh is that the point you're trying to make?

It wasn't very clear

also it's a false equivalency but whatever

Fartacus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

IT WAS ALLLL A DREAAAAAM

Thank you.

After Ds1, who wouldn't be a little crazy?

Seriously. I liked how Issac had a voice in this though, and thought they did a good job finding a solid voice actor and giving issac believeable dialogue. Especially when you are stomping things.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space
    I guess what I'm getting out of it is that they need Issac because he knows how to make markers, and apparently they've had him in the crazy house making a marker for the last few years...

How did they cover up the ishamura incident though?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space
    I guess what I'm getting out of it is that they need Issac because he knows how to make markers, and apparently they've had him in the crazy house making a marker for the last few years...

Space is big and there weren't many survivors.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So you don't care if what you say is offensive to other people?

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Wait, more on this... I can as long as I pay a 10% penalty tax?? Wow that's a hell of a lot of money I could be using to pay off debts.

a HDHP'll lower premiums so you'd have more money to throw around towards debt while still having money in the account. This is as long as you're healthy and don't mind your HSA growing at a slower rate

tyrannus on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    weyoun is not amused
    292px-Weyoun.jpg

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dead Space

Chapter 10 spoiler from dead space 2

They blamed it on terrorism and outside of Issac and the members of the aftermath movies crew (of which one ends up being lobotomized and the other one is nolan fucking strauss) no one knew the real story.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Andrew Bordain doesn't enjoy killing animals?

Respect +

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You guys are making me want to get DS2, which is pretty dickish because I only finished half of DS1.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    So you don't care if what you say is offensive to other people?

Most of the time, no. Outside of a work or with my inlaws I don't censor myself.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm having a hard time. This is the worst I've ever felt in my life and I have no idea what to do or how to deal with it.

do you have any local buddies you can hang out with?

get out of your house and your head for a little while.

it might help.

Essentially...no. All of my US friends live either in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey, or Long Island.

My own fault. I don't really like most people from Staten Island.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

do you have any local buddies you can hang out with?

get out of your house and your head for a little while.

it might help.

Essentially...no. All of my US friends live either in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey, or Long Island.

My own fault. I don't really like most people from Staten Island.

i

i live in philadelphia

Organichu on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I will use the term "rape" flippantly unless I know or suspect that I am in the presence of someone who will be made uncomfortable by that. I mean, this seems like a pretty simple and fundamental rule of social interaction for any subject.

Winky on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I would say the difference between referring to murder and referring to rape is that rape is several orders of magnitude more common, variable

The other difference is that everyone agrees, largely, when murders happen, and that they are bad

Whereas rape, which is a huge social problem, is surrounded by controversy and denial and refusal to recognize its very existence, etc., much like racism.

Saying "I raped that dude at halo" is as tasteless as "you got owned like a black slave," IMO, in a culture where rape and racism are pervasive ills.

Evil Multifarious on
This discussion has been closed.