As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]tel and Land

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    has whippy gone through "the change"? Is he a vampire now???

my age didn't really come up too much in the msn chat days.

Whippy's apparently doing the gender swap. Good on 'em.

As far as the age thing goes, I remember Happenstance and Ribaldry being even more emo than [chat], so things like virginity and poor life decisions came up more, often in relation to age.

[chat] is older on average than SE++

did you go through a Torch the Bridge phase? I know Ahardyboy and halofyre and a few others ended up there for a while.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

As far as the age thing goes, I remember Happenstance and Ribaldry being even more emo than [chat], so things like virginity and poor life decisions came up more, often in relation to age.

did you go through a Torch the Bridge phase? I know Ahardyboy and halofyre and a few others ended up there for a while.

In what way do you mean?

And what the fuck happened to Hardy and Halo?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I've been invited to apply to my college's honors program.

I find myself seriously doubting the academic standards of my current institution of higher learning.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Are you sure? Druhim reeeeeeeeeally drags up the average.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    hay

we need one more for the lols

make with the lols

hey hey, my girlfriend made carnitas too. they were really good.

so good

what did she use for a braise sauce?

i forget. i mean, i asked. but it's not like i was paying attention.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hello keds

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Yeah we have Will and Riemann and a few others that pull us up even more.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011

In what way do you mean?

maybe you were gone. after a big forum outage (initiated by SirRobin using an exploit to hella crash the boards, which Ramius then went at length to fix) a couple of splinter forums started up. Torch The Bridge, or torching the bridge, whatever was one of them. It sprang from the ezboards that were going while the PA forums were being reforged.

Prior to that crash the Citadel of Truth splintered off (due to Gabe deleting the Pit of Hate subforum because a guy said unkind things about his wife). I was a regular there for a long while. it's still up but much reduced.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hello nike

DAMMIT, you beat me to it.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah we have Will and Riemann and a few others that pull us up even more.

I drag up the average [chat] age so vigorously that I've tilted the Earth's orbit.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was going to point you out Lawn, but thought it was obvious.

And why is Ell, the winged goddess of victory?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

In what way do you mean?

maybe you were gone. after a big forum outage (initiated by SirRobin using an exploit to hella crash the boards, which Ramius then went at length to fix) a couple of splinter forums started up. Torch The Bridge, or torching the bridge, whatever was one of them. It sprang from the ezboards that were going while the PA forums were being reforged.

Prior to that crash the Citadel of Truth splintered off (due to Gabe deleting the Pit of Hate subforum because a guy said unkind things about his wife). I was a regular there for a long while. it's still up but much reduced.
    You need to write a book, Dyna.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

In what way do you mean?

yes, it will be a bestseller on the nerd forum history lists.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

In what way do you mean?

Yeah, I was gone for quite awhile, and at one point I forgot/lost my login info. About three years after I quit visiting the forums/PA, I tried it out, and the whole crowd had changed. Like... every third poster was a troll and I just couldn't hang. I signed in, for the first time in about four years, about three months ago, I'd say. Maybe a little more.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In what way do you mean?

Which is to say it will be pirated by a record number of forum nerds.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In what way do you mean?

Which is to say it will be pirated by a record number of forum nerds.

The forum culture has always been an interesting phenomenon to me. I basically find other nerds icky, but the PA forums have always had kind of a weird, dysfunctional family vibe.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yeah, i've been big into forum culture in sort of a sardonic, completely untrained anthropologist kind of way

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    elldren! all hail elldren!!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I might have just ostracized myself from a significant portion of the family.

On the other hand, than chain e-mail was retarded.

Quid on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Quid wrote: »

I approve.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    how'd it go, quid?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    elldren! all hail elldren!!

LoL?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    this fucking song

my god

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    how'd it go, quid?

How did what go?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am bored and watching the only good voyager episode ever(I know oxymoron), "Year of Hell."

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    how'd it go, quid?

How did what go?

the thing with the chain letter

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    A mayor. Named Harry Baals. Getting a place named after him. Awesome.
    The city government held a naming contest for a new building, with "Harry Baals Government Center" leading the votes, but the deputy mayor of the city indicated the city would likely not name the building after Baals. His descendants have since taken to pronouncing their name 'Bales'.

Echo on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i just woke up from my nap

there is a party in the fraternity house tonight

I am lethargic, bloated, grumpy, and I have to wake up early in the morning cause I have a big day doing schoolwork, and I don't have any hot clothes

I think I'm old now

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    how'd it go, quid?

How did what go?

the thing with the chain letter

Well, I hear he ended up alienating a significant portion of his family.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    you are pretty old, hakkes

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    And goddamnit, my sleeping habits are complete and utter shit. Setting the alarm for T minus 7 hours, starting now. Night.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wazilla wrote: »

I approve.

It was from 2000.

The opening tag line was that on Cindy Williams is being appointed to some committee in congress by OBAMAAAAAA (I don't actually believe this to be true) and thinks the military are payed too much based on an editorial in the Washington Times (Though it was actually the Post).

It then has a reply to the editorial from an E-3 in the Air Force that, based on the numbers being cited, has not been updated in the last ten years. It also leaves out any allowances he would be receiving as well as the tax exclusion he'd be receiving if in Afghanistan as is claimed in the letter, and instead just used his post tax basic pay.

It finishes with "If you don't forward it, you don't deserve their sacrifice."

I'm half hoping someone replies back to me just so I can break down absolutely

I'm half hoping one of the people who get it in the reply to all demanding how I could think the e-mail is hilarious just so I can pick apart every pay inaccuracy.

@Nerd: Pretty much like described here.

Quid on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Oh my god I saw you before you edited that you little git

You called me chu

I saw it

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i didn't mention it, but i'm going to get shitfaced tonight on lite beer. just sos you know.

might also try to play europa universalis but i dunno. it doesn't seem to have a windowed mode.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man, now I want to play another mutants and masterminds character

a well-crafted stone golem, built to be a wreaker of destruction and havoc throughout the world, by a circle of deranged mages

unfortunately for them, the ritual malfunctioned, and he was not animated with a drive to cause harm

upon seeing this, they attacked, attempting to subdue him, and in his panicked flailing, they were all killed

and it goes from there

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i didn't mention it, but i'm going to get shitfaced tonight on lite beer. just sos you know.

might also try to play europa universalis but i dunno. it doesn't seem to have a windowed mode.

I've been wanting to get hammered at home for the past two nights. Maybe I'll get bar drunk tonight, I dunno.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I need a job. Fuh.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    man, now I want to play another mutants and masterminds character

a well-crafted stone golem, built to be a wreaker of destruction and havoc throughout the world, by a circle of deranged mages

unfortunately for them, the ritual malfunctioned, and he was not animated with a drive to cause harm

upon seeing this, they attacked, attempting to subdue him, and in his panicked flailing, they were all killed

and it goes from there
    simpsons did it

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Oh my god I saw you before you edited that you little git

You called me chu

I saw it