As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Some band nobody heard of won the Grammys.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I watched a couple live session videos last night of her

Girl can't NOT hit a perfect note

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if i ever head a dubstep remix of digital love i think i wouldnt survive it

i would slit myself open and shit so thoroughly and deeply into the wound that my blood would be replaced by the shit

I'M A MURDERER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfryrTmwmkw&feature=related

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    if you can think of it, there is a dubstep version of it

zen- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The music video for Rill Rill pisses me off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_ChuxYg8o

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    is the fps supposed to be all fucked up

reminds me of a video I made in college once

edit: by which I mean poorly edited

zen- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I watched it on myspace video and it was fucked up too.

I mean my___

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »

i would slit myself open and shit so thoroughly and deeply into the wound that my blood would be replaced by the shit

I'M A MURDERER

im not listening to that

in fact after i make this post im going to slam my head into the wall until i forget that it exists

im not going to log in again ever again in case you send me a link to a myspace that autoplays that either

in other news hot chip is god damn amazing

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Originally I was a bit put off by Arcade Fire, but then I saw this clip and started paying attention to them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxef8AfVQg
    The Suburbs isn't as good as their other stuff but it's still cool that they won.
    That is awesome. I love the guy ripping pages out of a magazine to make that scratching sound.

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Bonnaroo lineup you guys. Arcade Fire is headlining another year of festivals? I guess it was just Lolla and Osheaga last year.

But woohoo Mumford and Sons and Beirut. Hope they got to Osheaga. And Hot Chip is so amazing

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    My favorite Daft Punk song is Face to Face. There, I said it.

I can agree with this maybe

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Bonnaroo lineup you guys. Arcade Fire is headlining another year of festivals? I guess it was just Lolla and Osheaga last year.

But woohoo Mumford and Sons and Beirut. Hope they got to Osheaga. And Hot Chip is so amazing

Explosions in the Sky is amazing and I will fight you if you say otherwise.

FIGHT

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i like dubstep

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Man why you gotta post this. I just got done looking at the Coachella lineup. I don't got money for these things.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crescendolls owns

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'M A MURDERER

you know, this is marginally above-average dubstep remix quality

also fuck I think I have to go to bonnaroo now

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rhylith wrote: »
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    It's all about the alt country, dude.

pretty much

hw assignment: go listen to ryan bingham's cd mescalito and roadhouse sun

junky star is hit or miss, but there are some good ones on there

i was surprised as hell to see randy rogers band on conan the other night

First song I looked up was pretty good. Distinct sound that isn't exactly like every other fucking country artist out there.

Really that's my biggest complaint with country music. You can tell there's talented musicians among the more popular acts but they typically play complete drivel. They try their damnedest to sound exactly like each other, I guess to boost record sales to rednecks who don't know any better.

Thanks DL. I hadn't heard a country song that I could actually listen through in a long time.

you're welcome, sir

personally i enjoy all that's on mescalito, and roadhouse son is mostly hey hey hurry, dylan's hard rain, tell my mother i miss her so, but i think all the songs on that one have their place

i might also recommend the turnpike troubadours

also watch Crazy Heart

Langly on
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What in the hell is going on in that hot chip video, hahaha

also what is the worst j biebz song so I can listen to it and be smug in my judgement

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    im not listening to that

in fact after i make this post im going to slam my head into the wall until i forget that it exists

im not going to log in again ever again in case you send me a link to a myspace that autoplays that either

20 of my finest pounds sterling to the first person who makes Mensch hear that track and can prove it to me in some reasonable manner.

I am 100% serious.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Prediction: In forty years Justin Beiber will star in a remake of Crazy Heart
    He will win two Academy Awards
    One for Best Actor
    And one for Best Song

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Goddammit Mensch. You did it.

You made a post so fantastic I had to replace my Christmas animal sig with it. Something nobody has done in the last 3 months.

Enjoy this moment.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yes! Some of those are really good. The Justin Timberlake 'Cry Me a River' one in particular.

[e]This is pretty amusing as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8_dSrY1MXs&feature=related

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so, I decided I want to make everyone hate me. I haven't heard any of his other songs, but I like Bieber's Never Say Never ft. Jaden Smith (and I don't want to listen to any of his other songs because I want that one to remain untainted, kind of how the Star Wars prequels tainted our perspective on the original trilogy).

He really just reminds me of the Back Street Boys and N'Sync back in their days of fame/infamy, and I remember how people were really torn about them as well. Again, I don't know the kid very well. Maybe he chokes puppies and gives lap dances to Japanese salarymen, but my entire wealth of knowledge about him is from that one song.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2011
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    so, I decided I want to make everyone hate me. I haven't heard any of his other songs, but I like Bieber's Never Say Never ft. Jaden Smith (and I don't want to listen to any of his other songs because I want that one to remain untainted, kind of how the Star Wars prequels tainted our perspective on the original trilogy).

He really just reminds me of the Back Street Boys and N'Sync back in their days of fame/infamy, and I remember how people were really torn about them as well. Again, I don't know the kid very well. Maybe he chokes puppies and gives lap dances to Japanese salarymen, but my entire wealth of knowledge about him is from that one song.

that song is great

people hate justin bieber because he makes pop music and more money in a day than everyone here will make in their life

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't hate him, but yes I hate the fact that I will never have a fraction of his money.

Also I am constantly reminded of that by the MEDIA

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love the word "salarymen". I just love it.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wow Never Say Never already has 150mil+ views.

I wish I had a teenage girl fueled financial empire :(

E: Oh it's old.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I find the people who are super loud about hating him far more annoying than the very few people I encounter in my day to day existence (read zero) who are super loud fans.

Maybe They hang out with a lot of pre-teen girls I don't know.

I can totally understand the perspective, however, of being kind of bitter that better music isn't nearly as recognised. He is inoffensive, but that doesn't mean he deserves the attention he gets, and there are mountains of far better stuff that never gets heard.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow Never Say Never already has 150mil+ views.

I wish I had a teenage girl fueled financial empire :(

I have a teenage girl fueled furnace in my basement, does that count?

Franko on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SwissLion wrote: »
    I find the people who are super loud about hating him far more annoying than the very few people I encounter in my day to day existence (read zero) who are super loud fans.

Maybe They hang out with a lot of pre-teen girls I don't know.

I can totally understand the perspective, however, of being kind of bitter that better music isn't nearly as recognised. He is inoffensive, but that doesn't mean he deserves the attention he gets, and there are mountains of far better stuff that never gets heard.

Yeah I can understand in the beginning when he's suddenly thrust into your face all the time.

But people don't get that after a while popularity like that is sustained by loud griping just as much as loving.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The only thing worse than people saying bad things about you is no one saying anything at all.

(From a business perspective, I mean. Anyone notice how Paris Hilton has kind of faded away and coincidentally people have stopped talking about her as much?)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maybe she did that on purpose?

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah and it's more fun to like things when other's hate it.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i love janelle monae so much

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited February 2011