grossss

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Cherokee JackCherokee Jack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    JoeUser wrote: »
    kick1051966.jpg

Just dropping in to say this photo is a thing of great beauty.

Cherokee Jack on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hahahaha Fuck Israel
    Once it became clear that this line of analysis was erroneous, most commentators followed Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's lead and criticised President Barack Obama's Administration for not supporting Mubarak. The Foreign News editor of one channel noted that: "The fact that the White House is permitting the protests is reason for worry;" while the prominent political analyst Ben Kaspit expressed his longing for President George W. Bush.

"We remember 2003 when George Bush invaded and took over Iraq with a sense of yearning", Ben Kaspit wrote. "Libya immediately changed course and allied itself with the West. Iran suspended its military nuclear program. Arafat was harnessed. Syria shook with fear. Not that the invasion of Iraq was a wise move (not at all, Iran is the real problem, not Iraq), but in the Middle East whoever does not walk around with a big bat in his hand receives the bat on his head."

Israeli commentators are equivocal on the issue of Egyptian democracy. One columnist explained that it takes years for democratic institutions to be established and for people to internalise the practices appropriate for democracy, while Amir Hazroni from NRG went so far as to write an ode to colonialism:

"When we try to think how and why the United States and the West lost Egypt, Tunis, Yemen and perhaps other countries in the Middle East, people forget that. The original sin began right after WWII, when a wonderful form of government that protected security and peace in the Middle East (and in other parts of the Third Word) departed from this world following pressure from the United States and Soviet Union... More than sixty years have passed since the Arab states and the countries of Africa were liberated from the 'colonial yoke,' but there still isn't an Arab university, an African scientist or a Middle Eastern consumer product that has made a mark on our world."

L|ama on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That dude's pining for colonialism.

Although you may take that as longing for the days of Nazi Germany if you were tired and a little buzzed when you first read it.

I was surprised and came back to read it again. An internet double take if you will.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »

Although you may take that as longing for the days of Nazi Germany if you were tired and a little buzzed when you first read it.

I was surprised and came back to read it again. An internet double take if you will.

At least the trains would be on time!

Ironically this morning trains were late all over Germany because of strikes.

Stupid Unions making me late for work.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I did the same thing because I was attracted to the bolded bit like a moth to a flame.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cameron says UK prejudiced for believing Muslims cannot manage democracy
    Britain has been guilty of a prejudice bordering on racism for believing that Muslims cannot manage democracy, David Cameron will say as he recasts foreign policy in light of protests across the Arab world.

In a speech at the national assembly in Kuwait, the prime minister will abandon decades of so-called "camel corps" diplomacy by saying Britain was wrong to prop up "highly controlling regimes" as a way of ensuring stability.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    HoA-player wrote: »

You know who else hated unions?

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Uhhh ... Ronald Reagan?

Or was it Margaret Thatcher?

HoA-player on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Uhhh ... Ronald Reagan?

Or was it Margaret Thatcher?

Hitler

Solar on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dr. mo is set to talk some shit in a bit

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well then

Russia blames Google for stirring Egypt unrest-WSJ
    Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's deputy blamed Google Inc in an interview published on Tuesday for stirring up trouble in the revolution that ousted Egyptian leader Hosni Mubarak.

"Look what they have done in Egypt, those highly-placed managers of Google, what manipulations of the energy of the people took place there," Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin told the Wall Street Journal.

Such strong comment from one of Putin's most trusted deputies is a clear signal of growing concern among Russian hardliners about the role of the Internet in the unrest which has swept across the Arab world

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vladimir Beck

e: wait Vladimir I have a devil's haircut in my mind Beck

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All part of Googles secret plan to take over the world

but wasn't this guy just a sales rep? Isn't this whole "manager" thing well beyond what he really is?

Mr. Buttons on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    obviously the people were just fine being opressed until Google started making them angry about it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Someone draw a benign Sir Google in the same vein of Lady Liberty or Blind Justice.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    obviously the people were just fine being opressed until Google started making them angry about it

The easy availabilty of information showing just how shitty you country is run probably did influence the recent uprisings. Wich isn't a bad thing. Shit doesn't change until the people want it to change.

HoA-player on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yup. It's pretty funny seeing some of officials of other shitty governments being like "Hey now everyone...let's not get carried away...lol"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    momar is talkin on aja/aje

Zoel on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

The easy availabilty of information showing just how shitty you country is run probably did influence the recent uprisings. Wich isn't a bad thing. Shit doesn't change until the people want it to change.

hey Julian Assange

you're supposed to be releasing the information that adduces corruption

dummy

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    momar is totally insane

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "I speak to you from house that was bomb by 170 american and british planes."

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »

hey Julian Assange

you're supposed to be releasing the information that adduces corruption

dummy

adduces?

HoA-player on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So you know that yacht near Somalia, the yacht that Somali pirates hijacked, with 4 Americans onboard?

You know how we were planning negotiations?

The pirates just killed all 4 Americans.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mr. Monroe is one of those old men who write incomprehensible letters to the editor.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    just read adduces as evidences

he's been to too much law school

Zoel on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    you don't think it'll end well? all four of them died
    how much less well can the situation get considering the pirates are now in custody?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks a lot for bringing back the craze Disney

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    one day i will be known as Princess Zoey.

Zoel on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bomb Somalia!

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Black Hawk Down3d.

Zoel on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Momar just said that if they need to use force they will do so in accordance with international law and the libyan constitution.

Pretty sure the latter doesn't actually exist. Creating one was one of his son's promises a couple days ago if people stopped protesting.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, those were some dumb pirates. The whole point is to not hurt them and get ransom.

Langly on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "We get money now, yes?"

"Hello?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We the People of the Libya, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Libya.

Article I -

Kill everyone

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Article II -

Mombar's way or da high way.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Article III - No fat chicks

Zoel on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Man, those were some dumb pirates. The whole point is to not hurt them and get ransom.

VAT DO YOU MEAN WE STILL NO HAVE U.S. MONEY

IT BEEN 3 MINUTES

Alright, Dalmar, ah guess we gotta kill dem now

FOOK, AND I VAS GUNNA SEND MY COUSIN, ASAD, TO COLLEGE ONE DAY

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think momo is trying to filibuster the revolution

the "talk them to sleep" gambit.

Zoel on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Anyone who lifts arms will be punished with the death sentence.

Anyone who spies for other nations will be punished with death.

Anyone who does not support the state will be punished with death.

etc

etc

etc"

UnbrokenEva on
This discussion has been closed.