Options

Take [chat] to your cinema

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How does white space in PHP work?

I need to edit something and I never use it, so I need some help here.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the problem is I would cook up a steak and some delicious mushroom stuff and then look at the steak and look at the bread and look at the weights and think about the next twelve hours and just put the mushroom stuff on the steak and eat it.

Make more than you could eat in a single sitting. Problem solved!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Regardless, I demand commentary on how to avoid the problem of the steak not being tender enough. Cutting it into strips just seems a bit sad to me.

Use better steak, probably. The recipe uses ribeye, which has a fair amount of potentially quite stringy fat through it. Contre-filet (which is basically trimmed sirloin) would probably work better.

Forcibly tenderising it with one of those mallet things would probably work too.

japan on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And my sister and her fiance have taken another step on the road to white trash town. They're buying a mobile home. This is after she cashed out her savings bonds to pay for her wedding dress.

Is it a double-wide at least? Those are about the size of a typical first house.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Regardless, I demand commentary on how to avoid the problem of the steak not being tender enough. Cutting it into strips just seems a bit sad to me.

Use better steak, probably. The recipe uses ribeye, which has a fair amount of potentially quite stringy fat through it. Contre-filet (which is basically trimmed sirloin) would probably work better.

Forcibly tenderising it with one of those mallet things would probably work too.

Excellent. I shall pass this along and encourage my brother to try again, do better and remember to take photos this time.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    argh i should not have started reading that food blog

so much want right now

Crimson King on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nice.

Having looked at a map of my Ward, I've worked out the fuck off big estate at its edge technically isn't under its juristiction.

Was not looking forward to going door to door asking personal questons, at nine in the evening (census work).

Leitner on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »
    And my sister and her fiance have taken another step on the road to white trash town. They're buying a mobile home. This is after she cashed out her savings bonds to pay for her wedding dress.

Is it a double-wide at least? Those are about the size of a typical first house.

I don't know about the specifics, but I think it's kinda big.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    YouTube wrote:
    Sorry for the interruption. We have been receiving a large volume of requests from your network. To continue with your YouTube experience, please enter the verification code below.

Ahaha. Oh, coworkers, you all so silly.

So, I'm about done with Why Video Games Matter. I'm not quite sure what the point of this book is. The last chaper, so far, is him talking about doing lines of blow and playing GTAIV.

It's not like I ever read it. You gave absolutely nothing to go on in the thread, so I searched on your username until found something you said you liked, which was video game books. So I bought you a couple. I'm sorry it was a bad book.

That's the thing. I don't even know if it's bad. It's just...odd. He spents the first couple chapters talking about video game design and what he likes and doesn't like, and he has interviews with people on how it can improve.

And then just the last chapter is him snorting coke and playing GTAIV. I have no idea what any of this has to do with the rest of the book.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I lived in a double-wide for a bit. Four bedrooms, 2.5 bath, living room, kitchen, dining room/den. Comfortably fit a family of five. If it's in a trailer park full of old people and not the stereotypical trailerpark jerks, even better.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I lived in a double-wide for a bit. Four bedrooms, 2.5 bath, living room, kitchen, dining room/den. Comfortably fit a family of five. If it's in a trailer park full of old people and not the stereotypical trailerpark jerks, even better.

It's in eastern PA in the same field as the guy's mom lives. It's hard to explain how my sister and him are. They have a baby, and I honestly believe they want to best for her. They just lack the means. It's not like the guy is an abusive drunk or anything horrible.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    evilbob wrote: »
    fucking hell, they'd better make 15mg tablets of this stuff because splitting tablets in half is fkn annoying.

get some pill cutters

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »

Excellent. I shall pass this along and encourage my brother to try again, do better and remember to take photos this time.

Cooking it right (high heat, quick sear etc) will help.

Though I like the taste of grilled steak much more than fried myself.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whats the main attraction to the mobile home lifestyle? What is the mobile home lifestyle?

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Whats the main attraction to the mobile home lifestyle? What is the mobile home lifestyle?

I believe the mobile home lifestyle consists of completely replacing water with Keystone Light, having sex with your siblings, and shooting signs along the highway with a shotgun.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

They're very cheap?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

it's cheap

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Freedom.

Did you see all those mobile homes in Japan wiped away by the tsunami? Exactly. They were free to GTFO. Being a mobile home owner is like being an eagle.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    mixed nuts and beef jerky for breakfast. it's like i'm camping.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a major difference between a mobile home and a trailer.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Freedom.

Did you see all those mobile homes in Japan wiped away by the tsunami? Exactly. They were free to GTFO. Being a mobile home owner is like being an eagle.

They're especially like an eagle when the tornado hits and sucks them up into the upper atmosphere. Seriously, mobile homes are fucking tornado magnets.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

it's cheap

Also doesn't 'count' as a house, so a lot of the cost and effort required of a house isn't there for a mobile home. You do have to rent the land you're sitting on, though.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Freedom.

Most mobile homes aren't like RVs or things you can just hitch to a pickup truck. Most of them need to be transported by 18 wheelers.

At least in the states anyway. And in the states, tsunamis don't take out trailer parks, tornadoes do.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There's a major difference between a mobile home and a trailer.

And the white trash enters to raise the defense of other white trash. :-P

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

it's cheap

Also doesn't 'count' as a house, so a lot of the cost and effort required of a house isn't there for a mobile home. You do have to rent the land you're sitting on, though.

pretty much

My family still lives in that double-wide. It's actually surprisingly nice. The master bathroom even has a jacuzzi.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Freedom.

They're especially like an eagle when the tornado hits and sucks them up into the upper atmosphere. Seriously, mobile homes are fucking tornado magnets.
    I'm almost certain that mobile home brochures advertise "No-notice theme park rides. As much fun as Six Flags without the hassle of lines or ticket prices!" as a selling point.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I dont think the brief time between the quake and the tsunami, coupled with the increased traffic of people trying to leave, would leave much time for that mobile home evacuation scenario. I dont even know if mobile homes exist in Japan.

I believe its the case that you dont want to be in a vehicle when a flood comes in, you want to get out and run to higher ground.

Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i don't like the term "white trash"

it's like, we have to specify "white" when we say trash lest people default to assuming we're talking about ordinary trash, i.e. black people

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I dont think the brief time between the quake and the tsunami, coupled with the increased traffic of people trying to leave, would leave much time for that mobile home evacuation scenario. I dont even know if mobile homes exist in Japan.

I believe its the case that you dont want to be in a vehicle when a flood comes in, you want to get out and run to higher ground.

what you really need in that situation is a mobile home that sprouts giant robot legs, like a War of the Worlds tripod

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This is Japan we're talking about. Mobile Homes, if they exist in Japan, are all designed to either deploy giant helicopter blades and take off or get up on two legs and just walk over everything.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There are RV's, mobile homes, Trailers, and Prefabricated Houses.

Prefab houses are pretty nice for a starter home.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

Homes by Ikea.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Homes by Ikea.

Good luck assembling that motherfucker

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »

it's like, we have to specify "white" when we say trash lest people default to assuming we're talking about ordinary trash, i.e. black people

this is a pretty good point.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As you can see the difference is pretty much evolutionary, with the exception of the RV which is a mutation of a truck and a trailer.

RV:
    rv.jpg

Trailer:
    2008-04-new-orleans-fema-trailer.jpg

Mobile Home:
    -25321605102404730.jpg

Prefabricated Home:
    manufactured_home_foundation__retrofit__tie_down__mobile_home_foundation_z28t.jpg

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Homes by Ikea.

Good luck assembling that motherfucker

8 foot long allen wrenches all up ins.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know the episodes of Stargate with the Unas' were actually pretty damn good.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is Sarksus back??

!!!?!?!?!!!?!!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »

this is a pretty good point.

In a way, I guess. But the idea of minorities being offended by the term white trash seems silly to me. Sounds more like something white people would be offended about on behalf of minorities, which I could give a shit about.

I could be wrong, that's just what it seems like.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Is Sarksus back??

!!!?!?!?!!!?!!

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.