Options

Regular [chat]: TAG UP! TAG UP!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, cats love getting all up in my grill. Then taking out the claws and going to town. I'm not sure what makes them think this is acceptable.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Also plan on getting a Fennec Fox eventually.

EDIT

Buddy of mine had a deskunked skunk once. Just like a cat that smelled like dank weed all the time.

Sheep on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Seriously though I love it when people stereotype animals.

Sure there's less variability in personality between two individual dogs of a given breed than between any two arbitrarily different humans.

But they're still individuals with their own fuzzy little personalities.
    What's your reasoning behind this? I've not encountered any reason to believe there is less variability.

It's just that since they don't use human language, there's less of an ability for us to pick up on the ways in which their personalities differ.

That's entirely possible. That's, like, just my opinion, man. I don't have any scientific reasoning behind it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a skunk on campus here that is relatively tame and begs for food. It's pretty adorable.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seriously though I love it when people stereotype animals.

Sure there's less variability in personality between two individual dogs of a given breed than between any two arbitrarily different humans.

But they're still individuals with their own fuzzy little personalities.
    What's your reasoning behind this? I've not encountered any reason to believe there is less variability.

It's just that since they don't use human language, there's less of an ability for us to pick up on the ways in which their personalities differ.

That's entirely possible. That's, like, just my opinion, man. I don't have any scientific reasoning behind it.
    It's all good. I was just wondering if you had any studies or somepins.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmm. I have no real idea how to tell if this TENS machine is doing anything or not. It kinda seems to help with the pain for the first couple of minutes, but then the pain gets really bad again.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Afternoon all!

I have had quite a good day.

I also met a guy who had a very rare complication of an already incredibly rare condition so that was interesting.

Daxon on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's all good. I was just wondering if you had any studies or somepins.

Nah, but it would be interesting...

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Hmm. I have no real idea how to tell if this TENS machine is doing anything or not. It kinda seems to help with the pain for the first couple of minutes, but then the pain gets really bad again.

TMJ?

Galahad on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what I've always wondered.

Can cats and dogs from different species talk to each other? Or is it like, English to Japanese for them?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Corgi: CHING CHONG WING WONG
    English Bulldog: PIP PIP WOT WOT DONKEY CART

Ludious on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Galahad wrote: »

TMJ?

Hurt my back somehow a couple of months ago. The physio says it's cos my shoulder blades are sitting too far forward or something which strains the muscles and causes the agonising pain.

The doctor has banned me from anymore of the good drugs, so the physio suggested that TENS might help.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whipping cream by hand is far more difficult than I remember.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

Too many shih-tzus in the library.

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Mud!
    Kip!

Feral on

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

....but the Corgi is Welsh. So its more like "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch"

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ein is a Corgi

Clearly japanese

Ludious on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm a tiiiny bit happy it snowed again. It means I have an excuse to keep wearing my boots that make me 6'0"

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Corvus wrote: »

....but the Corgi is Welsh. So its more like "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch"

Poor Corgi. He's the only gay in the village.

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011

TMJ?

Hurt my back somehow a couple of months ago. The physio says it's cos my shoulder blades are sitting too far forward or something which strains the muscles and causes the agonising pain.

The doctor has banned me from anymore of the good drugs, so the physio suggested that TENS might help.

Ah.

The fiancee gets TENS for her jaw problems occasionally.

Usually makes the headaches worse for a day or so, then a little better after that I guess for a bit. Def. not a miracle cure.

Galahad on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    another discussion on cats v. dogs or has it evolved past that?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man what the hell? This season of Californication has been pretty consistently disappointing.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ein is a Corgi

Clearly japanese

But his name is German.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm a tiiiny bit happy it snowed again. It means I have an excuse to keep wearing my boots that make me 6'0"

6'0 1/16th" with socks!*

If the sock thing actually makes you angry let me know and I'll drop it.

Galahad on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "But if people knew a large popcorn had 10,000 calories in it they'd never buy it!"

Silly movie theater owners, people would still buy it.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-popcorn-20110323,0,3759568.story

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, hello.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    i suppose i should actually do my taxes pretty soon. deadline is approaching and all that.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

6'0 1/16th" with socks!*

Hey man, it gives me a thrill to be able to look my male companions dead on in the eye. Don't judge.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i suppose i should actually do my taxes pretty soon. deadline is approaching and all that.

But you get like 3 extra days this year. Do it then!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

6'0 1/16th" with socks!*

Hey man, it gives me a thrill to be able to look my male companions dead on in the eye. Don't judge.

You shorties are adorable.

Cinders on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    [chat] goers that I am currently indebted to due to distribution of material wealth

Bobcesca/Japan
    Feral
    Kakos
    Kaleedity
    Smurph

that is all, although many may join the list after the great Arch Road Trip 2k11

Arch on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man what the hell? This season of Californication has been pretty consistently disappointing.

yeah I don't know what happened

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A large popcorn is nearly 1500 calories?

Huh.

Oh well, I don't eat popcorn anyways :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

6'0 1/16th" with socks!*

I'm 5'10"!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Variable wrote: »

yeah I don't know what happened

The episodes generally seem really short. Like, a lot of nothing happens and then it's over.

I think the problem is the Mia/Hank thing was pretty played out after Season 1, and for some reason they've decided to keep digging.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A large popcorn is nearly 1500 calories?

Huh.

Oh well, I don't eat popcorn anyways :P

Really? Just the popcorn? Although cinema "large" is hilarious. Generally a small is usually enough for two.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

6'0 1/16th" with socks!*

I'm 5'10"!

a veritable giant

Arch on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tumblr_l8yl06RZ4a1qb7unno1_500.jpg

Please tell me that isnt photoshopped.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :lol:

Duke Nukem Forever's release date just slipped.

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.