Options

Assassin's Creed: New DLC in March 8th! New SP and MP stuff for $10!

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just read a review of Bonfires which really spoke to me--in particular, they mentioned that the assassination missions were much more challenging, but lacked real stealth controls. That is the one thing I'd love to have in this game. The ability to crouch, hug a wall, peak around corners, etc, like in Hitman. I mean, I love Assassin's Creed, but I feel like I am forced into combat so often. That isn't terrible--the combat is really fun--but I'd love to have the option of sneaking along walls.

streever on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Of the 9 assassinations I can only think of 1 that I had to try multiple times and new controls/mechanics wouldn't have helped it.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I really dislike about Brotherhood is the hand-holding tendency of the controls to occasionally make you do things you don't want to do

That and it doesn't let you do, like, short leaps off ledges or anything; it's a full-fledged leap-to-grab-a-handhold or a slip-off-ledge-and-take-your-time or nothing.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Jintor wrote: »
    The only thing I really dislike about Brotherhood is the hand-holding tendency of the controls to occasionally make you do things you don't want to do

That and it doesn't let you do, like, short leaps off ledges or anything; it's a full-fledged leap-to-grab-a-handhold or a slip-off-ledge-and-take-your-time or nothing.

Yea--that frustrates me.

JClast: it isn't the difficulty so much, just the option! I'd love to be able to creep along.

streever on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You can run off a ledge. Just run instead of sprint (so on 360 this is RT instead of RT+A). I don't remember if it protects you from running off a ledge you'll die from though. I use this on the roofs all the time when I don't want to take a flying leap.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This multiplayer is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Who else is playing this on PC?

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

High profile without touching X (or A). Just walk straight off the ledge. He'll do a little hop.

If it's too high for it you have to manually press forward and grab in low profile to quickly drop down so you are grabbing onto the ledge. Then you can press grab again to let go and drop.
    It's faster than the "Ima flailin' and a fallin".

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    streever wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    MegaMek wrote: »
    So, uh, this game (Brotherhood) is great. I'm having a blast using my dudes to tear shit up.

I agree. The SP is freaking fantastic. Say what you will about the "What. The. Fuck" storyline, the game itself is just plain fun.

Hah, but wildly varying results in MP though. :)

This game is awesome. The actual gameplay is incredible. I can't believe it doesn't have a rabid thread in this forum!

I am not that far into single player, I've been playing the multiplayer non-stop. I've just done the first few busy work missions for Machiavelli.

The multiplayer is pretty sweet. I play it with a 360 controller and haven't had a problem aiming. The only thing I hate is when you get into a full Wanted Match and you keep getting the targets ranked in the lowest positions--and you realize they are in the lowest positions because they just run around the rooftops, never making good kills, and literally tearing away from ANYTHING that approaches them. You have to run to catch them, meaning you get a rubbish kill, or your pursuer sees you right away and kills you before you get to them.

Stab a civilian, and you'll get assigned to another target. Or just shoot them in the head.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    jclast wrote: »

You can run off a ledge. Just run instead of sprint (so on 360 this is RT instead of RT+A). I don't remember if it protects you from running off a ledge you'll die from though. I use this on the roofs all the time when I don't want to take a flying leap.

Sometimes if he's perched on the ledge, he won't do jack if you high-profile only, and your only other option is the slightly more time consuming drop to hang and drop from there - which is ridiculous when you're hanging off a first floor window. Still, it's not that bad. And frankly I'd hate to have to do Mirror's Edge-esque madness to try and get anywhere in this game.

I'm still fully immersed in singleplayer, I hope there's still a multiplayer community left for me to partake in when I'm finished!

Jintor on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just want to give a shout-out to Unco-ordinated and RMS Oceanic for helping me get Extreme Variety last night. (And correct me if I am wrong here guys, but Unco is in New Zealand and RMS is in Britain, so the timing worked out just right.) I think I still need Triple Escape and maybe Average Kills, but I will hit those later. Also the Role Model trophy, which I think I can get with some kind of plan in a regular match.

Mind droppin some knowledge on a fella about how you went about getting Employee of the month? I've tried multiple times in private Alliance games but the Cheevo never dinged for me. I've used checklists and had help but people could never get their act together I suppose. My interest in the MP tapered off once I hit about 45, the learning curve of pros became too steep and getting poisoned constantly stopped being fun. I only need Role model, Employee and level 50.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No damage 100% sync missions can go suck a dick. Especially, fuck you Leonardo War Machine tank mission. You can't even fail the sync until you get the tank and once you do you have to do the entire fucking follow the architect lead the mercenaries run through the sewers bit until you can fail it again.

The first time I did it I ran everything perfectly, misjudged the cannon range, and chipped the tank five seconds after getting it. The second time I ran through the cannons, destroyed two tanks, and got sniped by the last one seconds before blowing it up.

Fuck a duck.

Jintor on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished the SP after a marathon Saturday of stabbin' fools.

All I can do is quote Shaun at the apex of AC2
    What. The. Fuck.

I Haven't touched MP yet, though I think I will after a short break. I liked this game so much I'll probably go back and try to get some more completion. I know I'll never 100% it but I'd like to at least get Ezio as badass as he can be and probably get the subject 16 stuff taken care of

edit: to Jintor, yeah 100% synch can suck a dick in general. I was all about being perfect for the first few hours but once things started getting ridiculous I stopped caring. Some of the requirements are pure frustration when you start restarting missions to try and fulfill them

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've 100%ed everything I've played so far and I'm on 68% total but it's really not worth replaying those fucking War Machine missions. Or the Roman tomb missions either

It's a pity, I really like the memories missions full sync unlocks. Young!Ezio is so goofy.

Jintor on
  • Options
    KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All I've got left to do for 100% is the Tank War Machine mission, two romulus lairs (one timed, the other health, health should be easy), then I need to go around the map and finish off the flags, feathers & chests.

The Tank mission is definitely annoying to do though. It's not so much that it's hard, it's more the fact that if you stuff up, you have to do over 10 minutes of trivial tasks to get to it again.

Karmond on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've 100%ed everything I've played so far and I'm on 68% total but it's really not worth replaying those fucking War Machine missions. Or the Roman tomb missions either

It's a pity, I really like the memories missions full sync unlocks. Young!Ezio is so goofy.

The Vespucci quest line is probably the highest point of the game.

Gives you direct insight into Ezio and his personal experience, which largely dictated who he was.

Also, the thing was tragic to no end as well. Broken heart icon that starts the quest, indeed.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Do I need to full sync 100% of all missions to unlock that quest line completely?

Jintor on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do I need to full sync 100% of all missions to unlock that quest line completely?

No, definitely not.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sweet, then I'll probably end up getting it anyway

Man, Machiavelli is a badass.

Jintor on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You need about 75-78% sync for the final Vespucci mission. Somewhere THEREABOUTS.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay. Played some MP on steam this morning, and I had an epic experience.

I was in first during a round of advanced Wanted. Three targets on me, my target was far away, so I decided to play it safe. I found a standing crowd and morphed them, just stood still for 20 seconds or so. I look around, and I see across the courtyard facing me is a harlequin clown.

"Well, there's one of the three."

I almost panic when I look up, and perched just right across the street is the nobleman. They're both obviously watching me, but neither one wants to hit a civilian and lose the kill. Meanwhile, my mark is approaching, but slowly.

Right about when he's getting close enough to see, what I can only assume is my third assailant comes walking down the street at me. This causes the harlequin clown to break, diving from the roof and sprinting toward me. "oh god oh god oh god"

My mark kills the harlequin clown.

The ruckus causes the nobleman to panic, and he dives down and selects incorrectly from the 4 of me standing there, losing his contract. I slowly walk over to my mark and assassinate him, and then run away immediately through a pair of chase breakers to lose my third pursuer.

God that was easily one of the best kills I have ever made.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The multiplayer in this game creates so many epic moments. It's great.

SteevL on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't have all the fancy gadgets yet, since I'm like level 7. So it's getting away from people that's been more exciting for me so far.

I'm officer, and I witness the courtesan kill her mark. She sees me coming and bolts; I pursue. As we run through the crowds on the street, I look over my shoulder and see the butcher chasing me.

My mark turns a corner suddenly, and I loose her momentarily. She runs to a stall and morphs the crowd just before I make the turn. I'm disoriented and rushed, so I charge blindly at the crowd and get lucky; she's dead. I disguise myself and wait. My killer rounds the corner.

The butcher is confused. He sees another officer walking slowly away, and doesn't recognize me. As he passes by, I punch him in the throat and bolt, loosing him in time to hide and break the chase.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My most epic moment was when my pursuer jumped down to kill me but I managed to stun him, and while I was standing over his body his assassin walked up and killed him, and that's when I realized that his assassin was also my target.

Two dead bodies at my feet.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    All I can claim at present is the satisfaction of making a leap of faith and landing right next to my unaware target, who was stalking somebody else.

Saviour!

/edit is there a way to choose the gametype I want to play? I'd like to stop getting dumped into Chest Capture or Alliance missions when I just want to hunt some mans.

Jintor on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've always just used "Player match" for specific game types.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Doesn't that just set up your own? Does it host locally or does Ubisoft have a bunch of servers just waiting for you to log on? And wouldn't I have to wait for mans to join?

Jintor on
  • Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In any of the menu choices (Ranked/Player/Private) there should be an option to choose the gametype right under the option to form a group. Don't just pick "Play Now", that's when you get the random type. Choose Ranked, then the gametype, then tell it to search.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ah, so that's a search option? I thought it was to create a group/server.

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So I finally finished Assassin's Creed: BrotherhoWHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED

Jintor on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Minerva just kicked your heart in the balls. Sucks to be you, o progeny of floaty women and bearded men.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Minerva just kicked your heart in the balls. Sucks to be you, o progeny of floaty women and bearded men.
    I thought this one was Juno. Are they the same person?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If they don't answer all these stupid questions in AC3 heads will roll

Jintor on
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought this one was Juno. Are they the same person?
    Yeah, it's Juno. Also, why are all of the TWCB women? Not that I mind, since dominatrix holowomen from antediluvian civilizations are my fetish.

CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just started AC 2, but the fact any AC game ends on a cliffhanger doesn't surprise me in the least. The fact they added bar codes into the world did a little, though. I should have followed this game closer, the damn inventory system surprised me too...

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Answers? In a series that's getting upgraded to a yearly cashcow/franchise?
    Surely you jest, sir.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    klemming wrote: »

Answers? In a series that's getting upgraded to a yearly cashcow/franchise?
    Surely you jest, sir.

I actually love the upgrade :)

I am right at the end--Sequence 8--with almost 100% completion. I am going to go back and get 100% on the few missions I failed on, and do the last of Subject 16s memories (for some reason I didn't bother completing them all this time right away--when I played AC2 that was top priority).

I love that they let you buy a map with flags/feathers--I wish they did that in 2. I didn't bother collecting all the damn feathers.

I don't mind that it is "more of AC2"--the story advancement (so far) is decent, good by video game standards, and they really polished/refined the gameplay. As much as I loved the Half-Life episodes, waiting so long was not great--I'd rather they were slightly less good but more available.

streever on
  • Options
    MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Folks, is the PSP game worth it?

Moioink on
  • Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just got ACB for PC yesterday. Quite good. The animations, controls and camera would use some work. The multiplayer is pretty food though. I'm impressed they got it so fluid. I didn't think it'd be possible with the AC games. I just wish there were more people playing on PC in Australia. Ubisoft games always suffer on PC in my country when it comes to multiplayer. Splinter Cell: Conviction was a ghost town.

Dram on
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Moioink wrote: »
    Folks, is the PSP game worth it?

Depends on how you define worth it. I picked it up on PSN for $20 and got 100% in about 6 hours or so. The plot is honestly more throwaway than I would have expected (given that it ties into a few key elements of Altair's life Assassins's Creed II brought up). The gameplay is mostly intact, but obviously squashed quite a bit to fit on the PSP. Stylistically it looks, feels, and plays more like the first game than II, but with more variety in missions (no sitting on benches eavesdropping). I dunno. It's not a bad game by any stretch. I don't regret playing it, and don't feel like I got ripped off. It does a far more credible job of capturing AssCreed on the PSP than one would think it could do, and there's some fun times to be had. But it also makes so many compromises to fit on the system that I still have to wonder if it was worth doing in the first place.

Chris FOM on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dram wrote: »
    Just got ACB for PC yesterday. Quite good. The animations, controls and camera would use some work. The multiplayer is pretty food though. I'm impressed they got it so fluid. I didn't think it'd be possible with the AC games. I just wish there were more people playing on PC in Australia. Ubisoft games always suffer on PC in my country when it comes to multiplayer. Splinter Cell: Conviction was a ghost town.

I dunno, I don't have tooooooo much trouble finding a game. Although I wish there was just a straight server browser instead of this SEARCHING FOR ABSTERGO AGENTS malarky

Jintor on