As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

People are People [Life Lessons]

15678911»

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'll have to check it out, most of my youtube faves are animation or music related.

Just been trying to research non-european immigration in roman britain at the moment. Even read a daily mail article about it, the comment section was a laugh and a half I'll tell you that.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Romans had the right idea, they never had any filthy sodomists or foreigners in their cities

- Mr. C. Fertonly-Smyth from Chiswick

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Berk wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    sometimes I wonder what would happen if all women went on strike, not just at work but they refused to be in relationships, have sex or get married to men until proper equality was achieved.

everybody would die

so

I guess that's a win?

better all men die than women have to face an eternity of servitude

It's not really fair because men just don't get women so obviously we would never figure out it was happening. We would all just crawl into our man caves and post on the internet about how girls don't like us, specifically.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i think it is nice to be nice to people

especially on the street

Karnack on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    its just general awfulness a sort of hedge row fascism

the article was about a woman of african origin who had a high status burial suggesting a multicultural roman britain a lot of the comments were along the lines of how africans wouldn't be able to cope with the weather as if fucking Romans would have found british weather any more bearable??

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God I fucking hate the Daily Mail and its readership

Not that the Sun is any better

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I went to a wedding yesterday and I was the only guy there who wasn't married, engaged, or divorced. I was also the second oldest friend of the bride. Garter's about to be flicked, i'm looking around, every other person is engaged. I still don't get the garter.

I guess I'm an old maid now.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    like if you are crossing at a crosswalk and a car stops to let you by, it is good to give a little wave of thanks

just "I know you are legally obligated to stop but most people don't and you did! so thanks, friend!"

Karnack on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    its just general awfulness a sort of hedge row fascism

the article was about a woman of african origin who had a high status burial suggesting a multicultural roman britain a lot of the comments were along the lines of how africans wouldn't be able to cope with the weather as if fucking Romans would have found british weather any more bearable??

well they did speak british english in rome according to movies so

Zoel on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Karnack wrote: »
    like if you are crossing at a crosswalk and a car stops to let you by, it is good to give a little wave of thanks

just "I know you are legally obligated to stop but most people don't and you did! so thanks, friend!"

I am a big fan of the wave, I give one whenever possible. Also when I am on my bike and people stop to let me out, even though they don't have to at all.

My greatest life lesson I guess was when I had just undergone my first bad breakup. I was pretty devastated at the time but I remember my father saying to me "No matter what happens, you are still you." Which sounds pretty silly but it helped me a lot at the time. No matter how crazy life gets, when everything seems to be falling apart, you're still you and there is still a lot of good you can do in the world.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg