As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of [Redacted]'s Bad Opinions

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Malz is rapidly becoming my carry of choice. I don't know why. Like 2 weeks ago I couldn't do shit with him, and Tristana was owning in Solo Queue. Now I can't do dick with Trist, and I just wreck things with Malz.

I'm just afraid to hit 30 and enter ranked, because people will (maybe) stop willingly walking into jump range of my E.

That and Q and W are great for clearing tall grass. Q very much so at the beginning of a game.

Priest on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Riddle me this, how do you build against true damage that scales with health?

I guess massive health regen would work.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Priest wrote: »
    Malz is rapidly becoming my carry of choice. I don't know why. Like 2 weeks ago I couldn't do shit with him, and Tristana was owning in Solo Queue. Now I can't do dick with Trist, and I just wreck things with Malz.

I'm just afraid to hit 30 and enter ranked, because people will (maybe) stop willingly walking into jump range of my E.

That and Q and W are great for clearing tall grass. Q very much so at the beginning of a game.

I'm only 1500, but at my elo I still don't see anyone buying QSS ever for Malz even when he's like 10-0 or something.

Fragarach on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cutfang wrote: »

armor. she's still autoattacking you and that's most of the damage

unintentional on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I see Ninja Rammus, but I can't buy Ninja Rammus, does riot not want my money?

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

BUT IT ISN'T GARY, IT ISN'T.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited May 2011

BUT IT ISN'T GARY, IT ISN'T.

what ridiculously bulky character were you that vayne's true damage did most of the damage to you

unintentional on
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to all of you who I may have raged at over the last year.

Finally lost my father today after over a year of caring for him through his illnesses.

It's a reminder that we should always try and be kinder to one another, no matter what we're dealing with, because at the end of the day, we're just playing a game together trying to pass the time.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Finally lost my father today after over a year of caring for him through his illnesses.

It's a reminder that we should always try and be kinder to one another, no matter what we're dealing with, because at the end of the day, we're just playing a game together trying to pass the time.

<3 I'm sorry for your loss.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I'm sorry man. He's not suffering anymore, though.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wazilla wrote: »

<3 I'm sorry for your loss.

Prayers have been said for you and your family. My family is facing similar trials right now but I'm very far away and only able to e-contribute sympathy. You were lucky to be so close.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited May 2011

That.

Priest on
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace. You're really not that bad, I think some other people just take it waaaayyyyy too personal.

Though it helps that I outcarried you. As a tank.

schuss on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011

sorry to hear that man.

condolences.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am totes cheap and have not bought as many runes as I should

so I run flat health quints and cdr blues on err one

i just bought runes a few days ago

it's so crazy how much of a difference it makes.

buuuuuuuuy ruuuuunes

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

buuuuuuuuy ruuuuunes

The only complete rip is that each extra rune page sets you back the cost of a whole champ.

Alternatively, you can just shell out 20 bucks for a 7 rune page book. But like. 20 bucks. No wayyyyy.

Priest on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thread title updated. If anyone wants to provide me with some choice screenshots of famous Rent-isms, I can edit those in as well.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thread title updated. If anyone wants to provide me with some choice screenshots of famous Rent-isms, I can edit those in as well.

I've always been particularly fond of:
    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like

Priest on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    10/2/21

feels gooooood

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    whelp vayne is fucking ridiculous

already sick of her

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    whelp vayne is fucking ridiculous

already sick of her
    I want her so bad.

She looks like lots of fun.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

buuuuuuuuy ruuuuunes

I have runes

I am saying, I am cheap so I reuse those two on each of my pages (ap, ad, jungle)

I also have armor pen and magic pen reds, armor yellows, mp5 yellows, and I can't remember what else

but I use the blues and quints on all pages

it's why I'm a shit trynd (and also I am sux olol)

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    i... am a convert

thanksdolphin.png

Organichu on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

buuuuuuuuy ruuuuunes

I have runes

I am saying, I am cheap so I reuse those two on each of my pages (ap, ad, jungle)

I also have armor pen and magic pen reds, armor yellows, mp5 yellows, and I can't remember what else

but I use the blues and quints on all pages

it's why I'm a shit trynd (and also I am sux olol)

i'm the opposite

i like maxing out my runes to the max and having ultraspecific runepages

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    my new favorite maokai thing is rod of ages + trinity force

he has 118 base autoattack damage at level 18

that means when you W into them and hit them, you do over 300 damage from the autoattack

and you have three thousand health and tri-force's movement speed thing to get into root range

it's fun

unintentional on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmm , on the subject of Runes, I've been spending all my IP on new champs but I did get full magic pen, crit quint/seal/marks, armor pen, dodge, mana seals and mr blues.

So you guys are saying the other essential runes are fort quints (got 2), armor seals and cdr blues?

I ve looked around before buying my runes and I was under the assumption that dodge runes > armor runes erryday so thats why i dropped alot of Ip on those... now im a sad panda since I see alot of guides recommend armor instead.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pretty much.

You can slap Armor/Magic pen red, Mana p/5 yellows and CDR blues with Health quints on just about any champ and you're okay. Switch to Armor yellows if your character has no mana.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Armor runes seem to mean never dying at a low level ever again.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Alright so I've been doing some fiddling with Mordekaiser builds.

Lich Bane and Hextech Gunblades are amazing.

His Q hits like a truck and you basically are unkillable since you can just Ult someone and be back to near full health with full armor.

I easily 1v3'd a Vlad, Xin and MF doing this.

This. I was playing with the new lord mordekaiser skin and something similar occurred.

Jax jumps me by blue/baron. We fight, he gets me down to around 300 health then I kill him. Garen pops out of the bushes. I can't outrun him so the fight is on. During our battle, enemy karthus ults.

I walked away 2 kills up and still at 300 health.

Then vayne tumble sniped me, but you can't win them all.

Teach me more about this Mord

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    god

FUCK the vayne vs. vayne mid matchup

interrobang on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Team Yordle prevailed twice this evening. I declare this Yordle week.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    Squidget0Squidget0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    god

FUCK the vayne vs. vayne mid matchup

I've found that the key is being the first one to get Sheen. It's the strongest you'll get in the lane with one item. It's even worth getting before you get boots in a lot of cases. Cloth Armor + 5 pots start helps a lot too.

Vayne is incredibly frustrating to play against as any melee champion though. Her laning isn't all that bad, but I think her stealth is probably a little OP in teamfights.

Squidget0 on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I hope that you realize how great of a person you are for taking care of him, and that he would want you to move on with your life. I completely understand and sympathize dude. If you need anything, you know how to reach me.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Varega wrote: »

I hope that you realize how great of a person you are for taking care of him, and that he would want you to move on with your life. I completely understand and sympathize dude. If you need anything, you know how to reach me.

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Simon. I hope you and your family remember him as he was, and can find some solace in knowing he's at peace.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Hmm , on the subject of Runes, I've been spending all my IP on new champs but I did get full magic pen, crit quint/seal/marks, armor pen, dodge, mana seals and mr blues.

So you guys are saying the other essential runes are fort quints (got 2), armor seals and cdr blues?

I ve looked around before buying my runes and I was under the assumption that dodge runes > armor runes erryday so thats why i dropped alot of Ip on those... now im a sad panda since I see alot of guides recommend armor instead.

Dodge used to be the standard runes for pretty much everyone. Then they removed dodge as a basic stat on everyone except Jax. Sivir and Nidalee still have dodge passives, but it's no longer significant. There's been talk of removing it entirely in the future (who knows when that will happen).

Wherever you saw that dodge is better for yellow is either incredibly outdated or really bad. Switch to either mana/5 or armor.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think rumble is overpowered right now

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I forgot how much I love triforce renekton

just silly burst damage

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I think rumble is overpowered right now

He's my guaranteed ban currently.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    also just fyi Rumble remains a champ that's so stupid to faceroll with

running 21 in defense and 9 in util it's like oh wow hey i take no damage from enemy minions and oh hey i'm going to do a shitload of damage in yo face, have fun

why would you not run 9/21/0 masteries

there's no reason to not take the 15% magic pen

Alfred J. Kwak on