As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter - 3rd Strike Online out. In case Yun being the best in AE wasn't enough.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Walt wrote: »
    I might win 2/10 instead of 1/10

SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT

Bah, you'll do fine. I have no built-in muscle reflexes / reactions to what Yun does yet.

You're 'working' from home today, aren't you?

Cheater.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just got back from England yesterday and I'm working today

So not only am i recovering from a trip, I have to wait to play this AND finish my frozen synapse turns. So lame.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am raging at this thread title : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Cheater.

No, I couldn't. Too many important things to do here (I'll be shutting up for the most part around 11 est).

I tried to WFH today, but responsibility instinct kicked in.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bah, I seemed to have lost my MIRC client...

While I look for it, feel free to send an invite to Morvidus on XBL.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Cheater.

No, I couldn't. Too many important things to do here (I'll be shutting up for the most part around 11 est).

I tried to WFH today, but responsibility instinct kicked in.

What about the kicking dudes in the face instinct?

Off to take a final. Hope to fight in the streets when I return.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Downloading this now. Rusty as hell bison player looking for love.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I will likely also be seeing how Abel holds up in this game later tonight. Also expect crappy Shin Oni and Makoto shenanigans.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Played about 80 games with Makoto today, won about 20 of them. A few pretty hefty losing streaks in there.

But what do the numbers on the right side of the PP and BP mean? The ones next to the trophy icons. When I fought someone with --- in both of those fields there, I got him immediately as a rematch and his had gone up to 7319 and 1099, while mine dropped slightly. Over a 12-game losing streak, mine went up from 2673 and 90 all the way to 5691 and 107.

Originally I thought they were imported from original Super points, but I just fought a Sakura who had nearly 9000 points next to their PP trophy icon and they were a pushover to beat. So, not having played since January, I'm not sure what's going on there.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know, they could have at least put in scripted rivalries for the new characters. Chun-Li lecturing the twins would have been nice.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    GF-BoceifusGF-Boceifus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I will likely also be seeing how Abel holds up in this game later tonight. Also expect crappy Shin Oni and Makoto shenanigans.

I think Abel will be fine, if you've played him since vanilla like you have. Seems like they just made breathless really shitty and reduced the ability to use c.fierce as an anti air. The notes mentioned more recovery frames to rolls, but I'm pretty sure all the roll oki setups still work fine.

I can't wait to get home from work and start playing this though. Hopefully the makoto train isn't too large and doesn't last too long. I hate mirror matches.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL / GFWL: Boceifus
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, if anything that means I will need to work on my cr. mk and FS AA more, which I should be doing anyway. Cr. hp as AA has gotten me hit nearly as much as it's gotten me a juggle.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Yeah, if anything that means I will need to work on my cr. mk and FS AA more, which I should be doing anyway. Cr. hp as AA has gotten me hit nearly as much as it's gotten me a juggle.

I've always been a big fan of his crouching forward as an anti air anyway. The hitbox on it is so good, and being able to roll cancel it makes it even better.

It sucks what they did to breathless though, since it used to be a really good tool against dive kicks in my opinion. At least soulless is still one of the great ultras.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It sucks what they did to breathless though, since it used to be a really good tool against dive kicks in my opinion. At least soulless is still one of the great ultras.
    What about the tragedy that is the nerfing of Bison's Ultra 2 motion?

:(.

WHY........!!.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As someone who won't be able to play until after work, since the new characters didn't get any Trials how do you unlock their titles? Or do they not have their own titles? I remember an achievement or something for using a new title so I assumed there are new titles of some kind.

Lars on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lars wrote: »
    As someone who won't be able to play until after work, since the new characters didn't get any Trials how do you unlock their titles? Or do they not have their own titles? I remember an achievement or something for using a new title so I assumed there are new titles of some kind.

I was wondering this myself when I didn't see the trials, but they are all there from the outset.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just walked into Gamestop, all ready to pick up my preorder.

Yeaaahhhhh. :(

So now it's a matter of either waiting two weeks or picking up a copy at my job at Blockbuster for twelve bucks and picking up the DLC. I was saving those points for Trenched. *grumble grumble.*

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No trials for the new characters.

I just removed 2 people from my friends list because they only played Evil Ryu. One maimed Fei on Super and the other mained Gief. Why they chose to play another clone is beyond me...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    No trials for the new characters.

I just removed 2 people from my friends list because they only played Evil Ryu. One maimed Fei on Super and the other mained Gief. Why they chose to play another clone is beyond me...

Add me, then. I only play Dictator :).

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm really happy with the Rose changes in AE. I'm glad you can't FADC ultra 2 anymore and it's worthless as a reversal and I'm also glad they reduced the range on her pokes.

Phew. It's such a relief to not be playing an OP character anymore.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMBionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Really not liking the nerf to Rufus' U2. Makes it practically useless now.

Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    makoto players wishing other people wouldn't have fun with their character is pretty lol

im winning too many matches just exploiting oni's sick priority

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So the numbers to the right of your pp and bp refers to your overall rank in each category I believe.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am SO BAD @ this game now

the only character I can play worth a shit still is cody

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh wow I am absolutely loving the increased grab range on Vega's Izuna Drop. I can pretty much grab anyone whenever I want.

Grove on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grove wrote: »
    Oh wow I am absolutely loving the increased grab range on Vega's Izuna Drop. I can pretty much grab anyone whenever I want.

Didn't he get some new combos too? I remember hearing something about being able to mp after ex roll or something?

Walt on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    well, at least I can spend the day curb stomping shitty yuns

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    Grove wrote: »

Didn't he get some new combos too? I remember hearing something about being able to mp after ex roll or something?

Yeah I landed cr.mp xx ex wall dive after ex roll earlier. So nice. I've also been more aware of my df.rh spacing because of the nerf, which has actually help me out.

I've had some great matches already. Glad people are coming back to the game.

Grove on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    makoto players wishing other people wouldn't have fun with their character is pretty lol

Hey, I don't mind people having fun with Makoto, I'm just not a fan of mirror matches. And for the past couple of nights I've noticed a giant uptick in the number of Makoto users.

But that's just me, and to be honest I'm not sure why I don't like mirror matches. It's just one of those weird little quirks I have.

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You don't like mirror matches because they're all shitty.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    With the seismo SJC burning kick and similar moves, should I be buffering that somehow? Can I?

As it is, I'm performing each segment of the maneuver individually. My stick movement would be something like 623 --> 29 --> 5214 (or actually more like 623 29 63214)

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    With the seismo SJC burning kick and similar moves, should I be buffering that somehow? Can I?

As it is, I'm performing each segment of the maneuver individually. My stick movement would be something like 623 --> 29 --> 5214 (or actually more like 623 29 63214)

You can do jump cancels like that in a 2149 motion but that's going to perform it pretty damn close to the ground and you won't fly very far. I have no idea how viper's do the combo across the screen.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well I just faced my first Yun and won...

but holy christ that guy is bullshit.

Grove on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Because of input leniency, you can do all sorts of funky stuff to make it work. You're doing it the absolute hardest way.

My incredibly extensive research suggests you should try either 623+P 2149+HK or 623+P 214789+HK. Doing the instant air burning kick, you'll end up inputting the super jump for the cancel provided you do it fast enough. From further distances, you will probably have to do it the hard way.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Hey, I don't mind people having fun with Makoto, I'm just not a fan of mirror matches. And for the past couple of nights I've noticed a giant uptick in the number of Makoto users.

But that's just me, and to be honest I'm not sure why I don't like mirror matches. It's just one of those weird little quirks I have.

You're like my friend who will not order the same thing anyone else does at a restaurant. He dislikes mirror matches as well.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aumni wrote: »

You're like my friend who will not order the same thing anyone else does at a restaurant. He dislikes mirror matches as well.

I am totally just like your friend. I hate it when someone orders the same thing as me too. There are at least ten other things you could've gotten ffs...

GF-Boceifus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait to lose every match to Yun.

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmm. Another question.

Block strings. They can be used to hit confirm sometimes. Is that their purpose? Or is it just to biff yourself back out of grabbing range? Both, I'm guessing.

e: It occurs to me that this information is in the OP. Sorry!

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Someone invite me.

ONIIIIIIIII is really badass. Bait SRKs into midair raging demons? yes please.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know I said it once, but I am going crazy over Vega's new Izuna range. Makes all the difference when someone starts their FA.

Grove on