Options

[SW:TOR] New Cinematic Top of OP (Yeah, you'll want to see this)

• Options
    knightblade87knightblade87 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    yes i made a bad watergate joke, i as trying to be witty but failed.

I was pissed that the choas was Tzeentch since i found them the dullest of the gods.

knightblade87 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to play chisssssssssss

belligerent on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to play chisssssssssss

I do too, too bad they can't be force-users. I made Revan a Chiss in my KoTOR playthrough, and it was pretty awesome.

Z0re on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's cause there's nothing to say. We know what they want to do with the game and we've seen a few demos of how the combat plays, which looks really good, but anything else in the game is just Dev Talk so all there is to say is "wow, that sounds awesome, I can't wait (to see if it actually ends up the way you claim)".

Indeed. In the end the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak. It's hard to say how much you'll like the game even by watching the game being played.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    shryke wrote: »
    That's cause there's nothing to say. We know what they want to do with the game and we've seen a few demos of how the combat plays, which looks really good, but anything else in the game is just Dev Talk so all there is to say is "wow, that sounds awesome, I can't wait (to see if it actually ends up the way you claim)".

i know it less info then tor, i just find it strange it not at e# of had a high presence at E3, maybe it wasn't there....

Ok, firstly, are you like drunk or something?

Secondly, I think they didn't feel like putting the time into making a playable demo for E3 so they just didn't bother. The game is far enough from release that they aren't in major hype-mode yet.
    Except they've already got a fucking ginourmous playerbase paying in every month. Why would they fuck with a good thing?

i know their never do it but it just sick seeing them get away with it like their got a parden from ford.

They aren't "getting away" with anything. It's the standard MMO business model.

shryke on
  • Options
    knightblade87knightblade87 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    no i just can't spell. i am a petty dumb kid.

knightblade87 on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Getting into the guild roster to check for new applications is a fucking terrible process. I takes like 5 minutes for the crap to load.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Granted, it was extremely unlikely that my dreams of being a Wookiee Imperial Agent were ever to come true, but I had hopes for this young professional that managed to ascend the Imperial ranks in spite of overwhelming odds and the bigotry of that era.

And, of course, being unable to communicate with people. That was a neat part of SWG. At least I think it was. I didn't play it much.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    Getting into the guild roster to check for new applications is a fucking terrible process. I takes like 5 minutes for the crap to load.

Yeah, I noticed that when I tried to see what "rank" the Imperial guild was in terms of numbers. I think we're number 85, only counting English speaking guilds.

emp123 on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I will admit I am SORELY disappointed that we're restricted to what amounts to human characters. Worse yet that the races are also restricted to certain classes on top of that. It's something I hope they decide to reconcile down the road because... well, I don't like friggin' Star Wars for the Humans In Space.

As for people horrified at the idea of a Gungan companion, Jar-Jar isn't an example of his entire race Gungan's are actually pretty bad ass that twit just gives them a bad rep.

Edit: I can only hope the customization is pretty good for the near-human races at least, if they can let me recreate my Zabrak I'll be rather happy.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know it seems like a silly thing to complain about, but it really does bother me. I don't understand how they could release a Star Wars MMO and not go, "Well, we're going to need playable Rodians, Wookiees, Ithorians, ...," and have to force themselves to cull the number at some point. Instead, they implemented different species in the laziest way possible. It's like they don't even understand the sort of people who are still into Star Wars. I can imagine them sitting around a large desk, checking off a list of things that they need to have in order to compete with WoW, and once they release they need more race options in the game that human, they start panicking. It's hilarious to me that one of the exotic, non-human species is literally, "a human with no hair and tattoos on their face". That's it. :lol: Nerds will recognize the race as "Rattataki", a species entirely designed around a tertiary character known as Assaj Ventress. The funny thing is, her origins were recently retconned so that she is not even a member of the species anymore. So what was a lazy design based on a secondary, unimportant character, is now a lazy design based on nothing.

But I suppose it's not like this is something the average person is going to care about. Everyone just wants to be Han Solo and Luke Skywalker anyway.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe this is old news (was way behind on this thread), but just read this:
    What we're doing now, essentially, is similar to a Closed Beta for other MMORPGs, but we call it Game Testing. It's invite-only, and it's limited in size. That gives us the most 'bang for our buck' in terms of getting meaningful, actionable feedback. However, we're still ramping up, we're getting more people in... and we're still aiming to launch in 2011.

exis on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    I still don't like that BioWare felt they had to shoehorn love interests into the game.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well regardless of it being an MMO, it's still a BioWare game.

Arthil on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    I still don't like that BioWare felt they had to shoehorn love interests into the game.

Kiss me Echo! Kiss me and NEVER STOP!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Klyka wrote: »

Well okay, but just to let you know, I'm leaving you for that new hot companion in the expansion.

Echo on
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Klyka wrote: »

Well okay, but just to let you know, I'm leaving you for that new hot companion in the expansion.

Thats okay, hes probably going to be rerolling as a Wookie anyway.

emp123 on
  • Options
    QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They should have a story where the sexy companion you've been lusting over is actually your twin brother/sister.

Not necessarily before you bump uglies, either.

QuantumQuark on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    emp123 wrote: »
    Thats okay, hes probably going to be rerolling as a Wookie anyway.

Don't let the Remarkable Circumference racial lure you in, that shit's getting nerfed.

Echo on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's wrong
    we shouldn't be allowed to love

*black screen*

well that was alright
    but let's forget about it

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    it's wrong
    we shouldn't be allowed to love

*black screen*

I'm hungry

fixed for Bioware!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    *black screen*

Achievement unlocked.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to sex up that dishy astromech droid

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You'd restrain its bolt if we know what you mean?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    I want to sex up that dishy astromech droid

New title unlocked: "Can Opener"!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still don't like that BioWare is putting the exact things people expect from Bioware games in their game.

Edited for accuracy.

I mean seriously, I don't care if romances are in or not in Bioware games, but they make sense in the context. Your party members become your closest companions, and sometimes that results in some space/wizard dick.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think even given the choice, most people would not play Rodians or Ithorians. They're just so weird looking without being 'cool' looking, Ithorians especially.

Wookies, I can understand wanting to play But I think their story excuse actually works there. All Wookies we've seen in the KOTOR universe are either hanging out on Kashyyk, or are slaves/former slaves. So, how does that fit into the (for example) Smuggler storyline? Or their romances? Or the armor? It's not nearly as simple as just allowing players to use the Wookie model.

So now, I'm hoping for an expansion with a Wookie Former Slave class.

captaink on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just so long as I can continue to spurn every romantic advance, I'm fine

Javen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    Just so long as I can continue to spurn every romantic advance, I'm fine

I'm a Jedi! I don't have time for emotional involvement, I have planets to save!

I'll be in my bunk, masturbating.

Echo on
  • Options
    ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just have a translator robot voice.
    I can swear I've read that in the EU.

Shanadeus on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jedi aren't allowed to be attached. So just keep it casual.

Alternatively, romance = dark side points.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    And it's not like some of the more alien species can't speak basic.

Arthil on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    whhhhhhhhyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

All the time.

belligerent on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    whhhhhhhhyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

All the time.

Well, you had to bring it up. So, obligatory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNGjKnTzaQ

(The madness begins at 2:40.)

Archonex on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Basil wrote: »
    *black screen*

Achievement unlocked.

I keep trying to get my wife to finish a BioWare game so that I can use the phrase "achievement unlocked" post-coitus and have her know why it's supposed to be funny.

SammyF on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I have to agree with the sentiment of romance options in an MMO is just kinda silly. I understand it's BioWare but they need to realize that this isn't a single player game. If romance options are preventing me from playing non-humanoid races, then fucking get rid of them.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Enig wrote: »
    Jedi aren't allowed to be attached. So just keep it casual.

Alternatively, romance = dark side points.

Kind of a grey area in this particular era. Prime example: the Sunrider Clan. Andur Sunrider, Jedi in good standing, married to Nomi Sunrider who then becomes a Jedi herself after his death. They had a kid, Vima Sunrider.

Tie to KoTOR? Bastille Shan was actually going to be Vima Sunrider, until legal complications prevented Bioware from using the name.

See also from the same era Zayne Carrick (allowed to keep in contact and regularly visits his parents) and the Draay clan, two married Jedi and their Jedi Master son.

Things were a lot more loose back then.

And with that, I think I've earned my Nerd Points for the day.

Arryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Romance options, the amount of extra model work that would need to be done. The fact that a LOT of the more alien species might not speak basic...

Also, non-humanoid would be something like... those Star Dragon things, anything bipedal is humanoid.

Arthil on
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bioware (Daniel Erickson) clarified a while back why they wouldn't have any of the non-humanish species playable.
    http://darthhater.com/2010/09/06/pax-daniel-erickson-clarifies-conversation-with-fan/

Auberon on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    romance options in an MMO + facebook

Jester Lightwalker is now in a relationship

Alegis on
This discussion has been closed.